• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I don't think the Pic is directly related to Bandana Dee, but the Meta tease does make things interesting. Heheh.

Hm, maybe Meta Knight and Bandana Dee being in one trailer is on the cards after all... Let's wait and watch.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee... Now this is an interesting concept. I kinda like the idea of a fourth Kirby Rep, and seeing as how Bandana Dee is showing up in games as a 'fourth player' as seen in Kirby's Adventure Wii/ Kirby: Return to Dream Land. Also, the Spear Copy Ability is a favourite, and I think it'd be incorporated quite well as Bandana Dee. The only problem is, however, there is such a thing as copy and pasting, and that's really my main point against Bandana Dee, he might be too simple to implement into Smash Bros. Also, there are the three main characters, Kirby (Who's been one of my favourites since I was young, Thanks, Sakurai!! :) :kirby64::kirbymelee::kirby2::4kirby:), Meta Knight :metaknight: (C'mon, Sakurai! We don't want a Mii wearing Meta Knight's mask! We want the heavily-broken-but-still-fun blue puffball with a sword!! \0o0/) and King Dedede :dedede::4dedede:. (Much earlier posts questioned about Dedede's Waddle Dee Toss from Brawl - it's now the Gordo Throw. Whether or not this helps Bandana Dee's chances, I don't know. Waddle Dees and Bandana Dee can exist at the same time though...)

Bandana Dee would be a nice addition, but I wouldn't say it's completely necessary, considering we don't know about Meta Knight - and what we thought has now been flipped upside down by a Mii (Just what's going on?! I'm using this \0o0/ emoticon to show my confusion!) wearing Meta Knight's mask.

Regardless, I'm fairly neutral with Bandana Dee. He'd be a lot of fun, and he's got a lot of potential for Smash. The only thing is that he might be too prepared for Smash Bros. Please understand. (Regardless, I still love the entire cast of Kirby!):kirby:
Pardon me, but how can a character be. "Too prepared" for smash bros? (Just curious)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I really like this:

[collapse=Possible Triple Deluxe Spoilers]

It also has a remix in Kirby Triple Deluxe!
It's the final Dedede Drum Dash Music.

[/collapse]

I hope Magolor appears with an important role in Smash 4, like as a Playable Character alongside Bandana Dee Boss or AT.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I really like this:

It also has a remix in Kirby Triple Deluxe!
It's the final Dedede Drum Dash Music.

I hope Magolor appears with an important role in Smash 4, like as a Playable Character alongside Bandana Dee Boss or AT.
Honestly, I think it's a little soon to ever see him with a playable status. Maybe by the time Smash 5 starts up, if Bandana is already playable and Magolor remains a series staple beyond what much Daroach has mustered up, there's always a chance then. Boss seems unlikely, especially when you consider the various other Kirby bosses begging to be in the game (like Kracko or Dyna Blade), but Assist Trophy seems both feasible and likely. I hope so at least. I'd love to see Magolor as either an Assist Trophy or stage element of a Cookie Country / Lor Starcutter / Other Dimension stage or something.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Honestly, I think it's a little soon to ever see him with a playable status. Maybe by the time Smash 5 starts up, if Bandana is already playable and Magolor remains a series staple beyond what much Daroach has mustered up, there's always a chance then. Boss seems unlikely, especially when you consider the various other Kirby bosses begging to be in the game (like Kracko or Dyna Blade), but Assist Trophy seems both feasible and likely. I hope so at least. I'd love to see Magolor as either an Assist Trophy or stage element of a Cookie Country / Lor Starcutter / Other Dimension stage or something.
Yeah, he is very unlikely, he will probably be an AT.

Hey guys, a question:
Would you prefer a 3DS Stage from Super Star Ultra, Mass Attack or Triple Deluxe?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Mass Attack, eat fruits and multiply yourself :p
Save it for the Double Cherries, nerd!

Would you prefer a 3DS Stage from Super Star Ultra, Mass Attack or Triple Deluxe?
Super Star Ultra. Triple Deluxe would likely use one of its first levels for a stage, so to differentiate more from a Return to Dream Land stage on Wii U, Super Star Ultra would do a better job at giving us a unique Kirby stage. Great Cave Offensive or Milky Way Wishes would definitely get the job done with something cool.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Pardon me, but how can a character be. "Too prepared" for smash bros? (Just curious)
I'm just saying that while Bandana Dee has a lot of potential to be a new Kirby Newcomer, most of his Spear abilities would be copied over from games such as Kirby's Adventure Wii/Kirby: Return to Dream Land, rather than creating a unique move set in Smash Bros. Don't get me wrong, the idea of using a spear wielder would be interesting in Smash Bros, I just think that most of his attacks can be easily imported from the recent Kirby games (which would save development time, yes, but is it really unique enough?)

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, a question:
I go with Super Star Ultra. I think that they could create a good stage based on The Great Cave Offensive or Milky Way Wishes.

Actually, you know what would be a cool stage?

Butter Building

LF2K

Floor Diver
With Meta Knight's mask being confirmed today, I got my hands dirty and did some digging.

The football helmet and the top hat are StreetPass hats. I think the flower is one as well. CoroCoro also revealed another SP hat, the frog hat, is wearable. Perhaps all the hats are in Smash? Given that Waddle Dee has one, could this be his greatest indication he's in?

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, he is very unlikely, he will probably be an AT.

Hey guys, a question:
Nah...he's still really likely if you think about it. The Kirby franchise hasn't gotten any newcomers for SSB4 yet, and you have to remember that Bandana Dee is one of Sakurai's babies. Meta Knight has not yet been confirmed, so it would be expected that Dee be released along with him.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Nah...he's still really likely if you think about it. The Kirby franchise hasn't gotten any newcomers for SSB4 yet, and you have to remember that Bandana Dee is one of Sakurai's babies. Meta Knight has not yet been confirmed, so it would be expected that Dee be released along with him.
I was referring to Magolor :B

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm just saying that while Bandana Dee has a lot of potential to be a new Kirby Newcomer, most of his Spear abilities would be copied over from games such as Kirby's Adventure Wii/Kirby: Return to Dream Land, rather than creating a unique move set in Smash Bros. Don't get me wrong, the idea of using a spear wielder would be interesting in Smash Bros, I just think that most of his attacks can be easily imported from the recent Kirby games (which would save development time, yes, but is it really unique enough?)
Actually, yes, it is unique.

If you're saying that having moves previously used in other games included in a moveset for a character isn't unique, then you're mistaken. Almost all of Kirby's moves are taken straight from his games and put into use in Smash Bros, along with several other characters in the game. Bandana Dee would offer a unique moveset as he uses a spear, which offers greater range, yet tighter hitboxes, which no other characters in the game offer. One could argue with people such as Marth and Lucina, yet they cover greater range closer to them by swinging their swords overhead to the floor to cover themselves. Bandana Dee would offer ranged attacks by extending his spear outwards to hit opponents, while still being open if missing an attack. As he extends his spear, which has slim hitboxes, he would have to worry about spacing, possibly even more than Marth, as he would have to hit with the tip of his spear. This would make it so Bandana Dee needs to keep his distance from the opponent, so he can hit harder. Bandana Dee would also offer another spacing tool, which is his projectile. This projectile, unlike others, would have more attack power if landing directly on the opponent, with the head touching first. At least in my opinion, he would be the most unique weapon wielder to join the battle.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Save it for the Double Cherries, nerd!

Super Star Ultra. Triple Deluxe would likely use one of its first levels for a stage, so to differentiate more from a Return to Dream Land stage on Wii U, Super Star Ultra would do a better job at giving us a unique Kirby stage. Great Cave Offensive or Milky Way Wishes would definitely get the job done with something cool.
Double cherries works better as an item :p

And NOOOO, how coul your idea to differentiate stages is to pick another super star stage for the 3DS? xD

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Actually, this is completely false.

Sakurai left HAL Laboratory after the completion of Kirby Air Ride in 2003. Kirby Super Star Ultra, the first game to actually feature Bandana Waddle Dee since his inception in the original's Megaton Punch, wasn't released until 2008, way after Sakurai's resignation as well as after Brawl's worldwide release. Anyone in the Kirby franchise that didn't exist before Kirby Air Ride is anything but "Sakurai's baby". Considering how he has had absolutely nothing to do with Bandana's promoted roles and the creation of the Spear ability, Sakurai would only have as much attachment to Bandana Waddle Dee as he would any other Waddle Dee in the series. Familiar with the character species, but far from dear like Kirby or Dedede are to him.

I'm all for pointing out the likelihoods to Bandana Waddle Dee, but that doesn't mean we can just fabricate stuff like that. If Bandana Waddle Dee gets in, it would be out of Kirby bias in general and individual merit of the character rather than any fondness for Bandana in specific.

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
He's more like Kumazaki's baby since he rose to prominence with Kumazaki at the helm of the Kirby franchise. (I'd count Magolor as well.)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I can completely picture Bandana Dee being shown off alongside Meta Knight and a Lor Starcutter stage reveal! He fits so well with the cast! I just want to know what music you guys will think will be in his trailer. I've been thinking about this recently considering the Pac-Man Support Thread correctly predicted theirs.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Actually, this is completely false.

Sakurai left HAL Laboratory after the completion of Kirby Air Ride in 2003. Kirby Super Star Ultra, the first game to actually feature Bandana Waddle Dee since his inception in the original's Megaton Punch, wasn't released until 2008, way after Sakurai's resignation as well as after Brawl's worldwide release. Anyone in the Kirby franchise that didn't exist before Kirby Air Ride is anything but "Sakurai's baby". Considering how he has had absolutely nothing to do with Bandana's promoted roles and the creation of the Spear ability, Sakurai would only have as much attachment to Bandana Waddle Dee as he would any other Waddle Dee in the series. Familiar with the character species, but far from dear like Kirby or Dedede are to him.

I'm all for pointing out the likelihoods to Bandana Waddle Dee, but that doesn't mean we can just fabricate stuff like that. If Bandana Waddle Dee gets in, it would be out of Kirby bias in general and individual merit of the character rather than any fondness for Bandana in specific.
The first game Bandana Waddle does show up is a Sakurai game though. It is technically his creation to make a Bandana wearing Waddle Dee a character even if he never quite fleshed him out and made him as important as Shinya Kumazaki did. I guess it's more of Shinya's adopted baby now. Still I dunno... It's hard to tell what he feels about later Kirby games. I would imagine he likes Kumazaki's direction because it's more influenced by him but who knows.

I'd like to think he still like that little Waddle Dee wearing a Bandana though as something of an offspring of his.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I can completely picture Bandana Dee being shown off alongside Meta Knight and a Lor Starcutter stage reveal! He fits so well with the cast! I just want to know what music you guys will think will be in his trailer. I've been thinking about this recently considering the Pac-Man Support Thread correctly predicted theirs.
In my opinion:
This:

or this:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
In my opinion:
This:

or this:
Both GREAT representative choices for the game and character. I think the Boss theme is awesome and would be fantastic in a smash fight.

I think CROWNED also NEEDS to be on the soundtrack of this upcoming game in some form or another. Also if it's a great stage on top the Lor Star Cutter than we need this stage

Also there was a great remix of a Kirby theme in the Direct Smash video awhile back. I NEED the full version of that. I loved it.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I'd die a happy man if they basically did what they did with the trailer at the end of the Smash Direct (revamped veteran, newcomer) but with Meta Knight and Bandana Dee. Also, what if Meta Knight could summon a swordsman like in Meta Knightmare Ultra to fight for him?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So with the recent meta knight tease, it seems meta knight is a probable secret character. Would that have any effect on the dee's chances?
Only if three slots are available for the Kirby Franchise, besides that, nothing else is holding Bandana Dee back.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
With Meta Knight's mask being confirmed today, I got my hands dirty and did some digging.
s At

The football helmet and the top hat are StreetPass hats. I think the flower is one as well. CoroCoro also revealed another SP hat, the frog hat, is wearable. Perhaps all the hats are in Smash? Given that Waddle Dee has one, could this be his greatest indication he's in?
That depends....... How many hats are nintendo characters? That could mean a lot of characters.
In my opinion:
This:

or this:
I totally agree that these would work! I do know a theme that suits Bandana Dee, but it is not exactly an........actual Kirby theme.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya

If he has a hat, that might deconfirm him if anything, seeing how the hat is Bandana Dee's body iirc and not just a cut out of his head . Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm 100% positive that it's going to be Kirby Return to Dreamland's theme. I personally think it'll start it off with a Kirby-esque cutscene, following the style that Return to Dreamland used, with it being a cute trailer, showing off all four Return to Dreamland characters, then having Dee being confirmed and when showing actual game footage of him fighting, go into some rock/techno remix or something to hype it up.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
After seeing the Meta-knight mask yesterday I had a dream last night that Meta-Knight got revealed today and amongst his pictures there was one that had a piece of blue cloth poking into the shot as a hint for Bandana Dee, then I woke up and was partially relieved that we didn't get confirmation of Meta-Knight today since I'm still hoping for a trailer revealing him and Bandana together

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
After seeing the Meta-knight mask yesterday I had a dream last night that Meta-Knight got revealed today and amongst his pictures there was one that had a piece of blue cloth poking into the shot as a hint for Bandana Dee, then I woke up and was partially relieved that we didn't get confirmation of Meta-Knight today since I'm still hoping for a trailer revealing him and Bandana together
You have dreams about Bandana Dee?

my dreams are always about jumping on kirbys back and flying away into the heavens then going to a disco party with metaknight and dedede and we're all dancing with knuckle joe and a bunch of waddle dees and kirby enemies and bandana dee is crying in the corner absorbing cookies off the table because he's not in smash

=((((((((((

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
You have dreams about Bandana Dee?

my dreams are always about jumping on kirbys back and flying away into the heavens then going to a disco party with metaknight and dedede and we're all dancing with knuckle joe and a bunch of waddle dees and kirby enemies and bandana dee is crying in the corner absorbing cookies off the table because he's not in smash

=((((((((((

Aww, that's nasty, Poor Bandana Dee :(
this is the second time I've had a dream relating to Bandana Dee in Smash.

I was trying to make another roster prediction using the Roster Maker program just a moment ago and MY GOD! I am being so pessimistic about it, I couldn't include ANY of my wanted newcomers and even removed some of my fave unconfirmed vets from Brawl.
it's really depressing.
I made 2 rosters, 1 "expected" and 1 "hopeful" the hopeful one feels really unlikely though... I really hope Bandana Dee gets revealed as playable soon, I could use the pick-me-up. (especially after losing so many of my other wanted newcomers)
All I have left to hope for are Bandana Dee, Chibi-Robo and the return of Mewtwo. since I know Banjo & Kazooie is an almost impossibility (and everyone else I wanted has already been deconfirmed)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Actually, yes, it is unique.

If you're saying that having moves previously used in other games included in a moveset for a character isn't unique, then you're mistaken. Almost all of Kirby's moves are taken straight from his games and put into use in Smash Bros, along with several other characters in the game. Bandana Dee would offer a unique moveset as he uses a spear, which offers greater range, yet tighter hitboxes, which no other characters in the game offer. One could argue with people such as Marth and Lucina, yet they cover greater range closer to them by swinging their swords overhead to the floor to cover themselves. Bandana Dee would offer ranged attacks by extending his spear outwards to hit opponents, while still being open if missing an attack. As he extends his spear, which has slim hitboxes, he would have to worry about spacing, possibly even more than Marth, as he would have to hit with the tip of his spear. This would make it so Bandana Dee needs to keep his distance from the opponent, so he can hit harder. Bandana Dee would also offer another spacing tool, which is his projectile. This projectile, unlike others, would have more attack power if landing directly on the opponent, with the head touching first. At least in my opinion, he would be the most unique weapon wielder to join the battle.
You make some excellent points. :)
Yeah, Bandana Dee and his Spear would offer a bit more variety to the Kirby roster, and I'd be pleasantly surprised if Bandana Dee gets confirmed!

I swear, this is the second thread I'm watching where people get dreams about the characters...Something's going on...
The Ridley Thread?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You make some excellent points. :)
Yeah, Bandana Dee and his Spear would offer a bit more variety to the Kirby roster, and I'd be pleasantly surprised if Bandana Dee gets confirmed!

The Ridley Thread?
Yeah, I swear, the 'dreamers' as I shall dub people who have dreams about their #1 character for smash are on tho something...What if, Sakurai implanted everybodys brains with the smash roster...BDEE CONFIRMED!

Sensei

Smash Lord
It will be really exciting to see who Sakurai ends up putting into the roster! I love the Kirby series and Bandana Dee seems like a cool candidate!

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice

i feel like this song is suited best for a bandana dee reveal. most you guys posted didn't seem all much uplifting or fitting for a new fighter announcement at all.

BUT with that said, rosalina's trailer used gusty gulch galaxy music which isn't all up building either. but i guess she's a special case seeing how that trailer wasn't all that action packed neither.

but it isn't my personal favorite pick at all,

personally i would love to hear this one the most, but since it's so recent i doubt it. but then again there's pokémon x & y, new leaf and sonic lost world content too

oh and if they just want to go all iconic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJuVneNB78c

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
yeah but like being completely honest i sorta worship kirby

kirby man

kirby
LOL worship Kirby eh? Did you see the video of the birthday vid I made for Kirby for this 22nd annersary? I feel ya :D Huge fanatic.

i feel like this song is suited best for a bandana dee reveal. most you guys posted didn't seem all much uplifting or fitting for a new fighter announcement at all.

BUT with that said, rosalina's trailer used gusty gulch galaxy music which isn't all up building either. but i guess she's a special case seeing how that trailer wasn't all that action packed neither.

but it isn't my personal favorite pick at all,

personally i would love to hear this one the most, but since it's so recent i doubt it. but then again there's pokémon x & y, new leaf and sonic lost world content too

oh and if they just want to go all iconic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJuVneNB78c
Oh boy I love the Super Ability theme. It's awesome. That would work too considering Bandana Waddle Dee appears in RtDL AND I think it's one of the most memorable songs in the game. You pretty much hear it every other level. A fine choice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom