• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably the only one who thinks Magolor is a good possible rep. We have not seen the last of Magolor and he is a memorable boss. He's really popular too. I see him as a possible suprise character like Lucina if he were to make it in. The character no one would be expecting because people will all be expecting the bigger representative to be in, than surprise!

I think Bandana Dee has the best chance and I mostly support him but Magolor is my second pick and see him as a possible unexpected rep.
If an argument against Bandana Dee is because he hasn't made enough major appearances than Magolor has an even worst chance than him. In all honesty the only thing that Magolor to compete with Bandana Dee has is popularity.
Ideally I would like both. Similar to Robin (most sensible choice besides Chrom) and Lucina (fan-favorite character.)

Last edited:

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
It's quite exciting to see everyone all pumped up for end results for Bandana Dee. Personally I was doubtful before but now that there's no evidence against Bandana Dee I'm more confident to say that he is in. Also I hear in Japan Bandana Dee is decently popular although this may be just some lie I heard, I don't know where to check if that is true or not but if someone does know where it could be good to know.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
If an argument against Bandana Dee is because he hasn't made enough major appearances than Magolor has an even worst chance than him. In all honesty the only thing that Magolor to compete with Bandana Dee has is popularity.
Ideally I would like both. Similar to Robin (most sensible choice besides Chrom) and Lucina (fan-favorite character.)
Well I think both characters have a chance considering that they're part of Kumazaki's series of games. Since his appearance in those games Magolor has been appearing in some form or another. He's in three of his games as a present character and referenced in a 4th. Ghirahim is only in one Zelda but people really want him because of how memorable he is. I think Magolor is both a very memorable boss and even more so recurring in comparison. He'd make a good TRUE villain rep. I honestly don't consider MK or Dedede villain reps, personally. They're just not really evil. I dunno but I think it could be SLIGHTLY possible to consider him. Sakurai is a unpredictable guy.

It's quite exciting to see everyone all pumped up for end results for Bandana Dee. Personally I was doubtful before but now that there's no evidence against Bandana Dee I'm more confident to say that he is in. Also I hear in Japan Bandana Dee is decently popular although this may be just some lie I heard, I don't know where to check if that is true or not but if someone does know where it could be good to know.
The Kirby franchise is VERY popular in Japan. It's like in the top 3 franchise for girls and top 4 for boys. Which is awesome. I wouldn't doubt that there are many who would love another rep for such a popular series there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Can I make a speech for a little while? Thanks.
There is no guarantee that Bandana Waddle Dee will be in the base game, same as how there's none for K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Isaac. If we start supporting Bandana for DLC before the rush of a million other "___ for DLC" campaigns, we'll have more momentum in the movement and an advantage in numbers over many of the other characters being asked for. However, if Bandana Waddle Dee is in the base game, we would just have a safety-net lying around that never had to be used. If we didn't have to support him for DLC, that sounds like a win too. Either way, we benefit from asking for him for DLC as soon as possible.

So, to help with just that, I typed up a thing in a certain DLC thread somewhere on the forum. If the group members within that thread agree in majority, we'll have Bandana Waddle Dee in our main circle of support alongside K. Rool and Snake's DLC campaigns "Kremling Kampaign" and "Les Smash Mercenaire". I just thought you guys would like to see it in the meantime. It's a long read, but here it is:

Again, I'd rather we not flock towards the thread of origin on part of the group members there preferring a quiet, high-quality-to-low-quantity post count within the threads, so try to keep any excitement exclusive to this part of Smashboards for now. I'm working to get us in league with a united group of DLC campaigns.

In the mean time, spread the word of Dee-L-C to places like the Kirby Triple Deluxe Miiverse and other Kirby communities, so that way we can gain some ground before we can start an actual campaign. Just have patience before we do, as the group wasn't all too big on Opossum starting a Chrom for DLC campaign without their saying first, and won't get any support from the other fanbases as a result. In a ballpark as serious as Smash, we're going to need all the help we can get. Coordination amongst communities and strength in numbers are what we need, folks! All in due time, we will have playable Bandana Waddle Dee, be it when the game comes out or somewhere the following year!
Sounds like a great idea! I wish I had an account somewhere other than miiverse to spread the word......:(

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
So how are you all gonna react when Dedede's custom moves let him throw spear dees?
Well the Waddle Dee that do guard his throne are spear wielders. However, there's only ONE Bandana Dee. There's no way he'd be tossing more than one Bandana Waddle Dee so I don't see BDee as being move for Dedede. He's not just a general Waddle Dee he could keep tossing. He's a particular character who there is only one of.

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I know it's a long shot but in light of the recent POtd with the Kirby and Dedede on the Gameboy Stage , seeing as how Kirby originated on the Gameboy maybe Sakurai could be hinting at some thing ?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I know it's a long shot but in light of the recent POtd with the Kirby and Dedede on the Gameboy Stage , seeing as how Kirby originated on the Gameboy maybe Sakurai could be hinting at some thing ?
Maybe or maybe he just likes referencing his own games. He already did the same thing awhile back with Kirby and King Dedede in the the punch out ring. Nothing was revealed after though.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Would BD even have a retro palette? He never appeared on the Game Boy.

By the way, seems like Waddle Dee is a bit more popular then I excepted. Check out these Google inquires about him.

Attachments

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Would BD even have a retro palette? He never appeared on the Game Boy.

By the way, seems like Waddle Dee is a bit more popular then I excepted. Check out these Google inquires about him.
Wait, he can eat? Where is his mouth?
Could be, he DID sorta do that for Palutena with that stage with the statue.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Some what special moves BD should have?
Here's mine:
Neutral: Spear Throw. Can be charged to chuck 3 spears
Side: Attacks using a parasol and reflects projectiles. Can be hold and walk with it similar to Jet Hammer and damages those who touch the parasol. When in the air if you press up while using it, you will float like Peach Parasol
Up: Spearcopter
Down: Megaton Punch. Using it causes BD to wind up his hands. Can be stored. Releasing it Causes him to do a shoryuken skyward uppercut and slams to the ground. Basically Bowser Bomb with charging and storing
Final Smash:

Last edited:

Servine

Smash Cadet
It's going to be a little difficult coming up with unique customizable moves for Bandana Dee, though. It's probably the only big obstacle to his inclusion, IMO.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It's going to be a little difficult coming up with unique customizable moves for Bandana Dee, though. It's probably the only big obstacle to his inclusion, IMO.
I don't think it'd be that hard. Most customizable moves are often variations of themselves, with different speed or side-effects. That hardly seems like an obstacle at all.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I loved Bandana Dee's Spear Moveset in Return to Dreamland and would nominate him as the only Kirby character left that should be in.

If I have not been added to the support list before, I would like to help support.

*Raises Spear to show support*

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Well, you have stuff like

The Waddle Parasol (if Robin can use Noseferatu, a spell that he cannot learn in his game, the. I think Bandana Dee can use the Parasol)

The Waddle Box/Sled

The Waddle Hop (I'd see him going diagonally-up, so it's a cross between a recovery move and a move to travel faster )

And plain old doing tricks with his spear that he doesn't show off in Kirby games.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So how many newcomer slots do we have left probably, 4? 5?

Out of these many, why is it that Bandana Dee is still not revealed? It seems they are keeping away the most hyped characters really... Ridley, DK rep, Mew2, Retro Character, and Isaac are all some of the most wanted characters. Of sakurai is trying to generate hype, why would he keep Bandana Dee hidden? I dunno, looking at that, it seems we may be out of luck... At the same time, sakurai may want to keep a couple unique characters around, just so we don't just get things everyone expected to see...

Keep on hoping... :D

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
So how many newcomer slots do we have left probably, 4? 5?

Out of these many, why is it that Bandana Dee is still not revealed? It seems they are keeping away the most hyped characters really... Ridley, DK rep, Mew2, Retro Character, and Isaac are all some of the most wanted characters. Of sakurai is trying to generate hype, why would he keep Bandana Dee hidden? I dunno, looking at that, it seems we may be out of luck... At the same time, sakurai may want to keep a couple unique characters around, just so we don't just get things everyone expected to see...

Keep on hoping... :D
I think we have 2-3 newcomers left. With only a few weeks until Japan gets this game, Sakurai needs to get a move on for reveals. Since he has no way to reveal newcomers, he may have to start just putting up characters on the site as to get everyone in. Ridley seems in at this point, and K.Rool and Shulk are very hype. But still we must stick to it until the very end, and until someone unlocks everyone in game!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
You know, of the 172 streetpass hats, only four of yet to be seen characters are remaining ; Daisy, The batgirl assist trophy from brawl (forgot the name), Diskun and Bandana Dee.
Even Wolf and Ice Climbers have hats.
Diskun and the Dee seem to have more chances imo atm.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Bandana Dee... Now this is an interesting concept. I kinda like the idea of a fourth Kirby Rep, and seeing as how Bandana Dee is showing up in games as a 'fourth player' as seen in Kirby's Adventure Wii/ Kirby: Return to Dream Land. Also, the Spear Copy Ability is a favourite, and I think it'd be incorporated quite well as Bandana Dee. The only problem is, however, there is such a thing as copy and pasting, and that's really my main point against Bandana Dee, he might be too simple to implement into Smash Bros. Also, there are the three main characters, Kirby (Who's been one of my favourites since I was young, Thanks, Sakurai!! :) :kirby64::kirbymelee::kirby2::4kirby:), Meta Knight :metaknight: (C'mon, Sakurai! We don't want a Mii wearing Meta Knight's mask! We want the heavily-broken-but-still-fun blue puffball with a sword!! \0o0/) and King Dedede :dedede::4dedede:. (Much earlier posts questioned about Dedede's Waddle Dee Toss from Brawl - it's now the Gordo Throw. Whether or not this helps Bandana Dee's chances, I don't know. Waddle Dees and Bandana Dee can exist at the same time though...)

Bandana Dee would be a nice addition, but I wouldn't say it's completely necessary, considering we don't know about Meta Knight - and what we thought has now been flipped upside down by a Mii (Just what's going on?! I'm using this \0o0/ emoticon to show my confusion!) wearing Meta Knight's mask.

Regardless, I'm fairly neutral with Bandana Dee. He'd be a lot of fun, and he's got a lot of potential for Smash. The only thing is that he might be too prepared for Smash Bros. Please understand. (Regardless, I still love the entire cast of Kirby!):kirby:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
At least is not "Monday Sacrifice". After all were getting street pass hats on Smash bros! Waddle Dee hat confirmed?!

So no one was sacrifice this Monday, we can still praying for Bandana Dee.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
What do you guys think about by down B special for Bandana Dee? I think it's a cool idea. (Not to toot my own horn or anything, haha) But honestly I just looked as Bandana Dee's Recovery and thought... "Why can't the spin his spear in front of him too? He'd be able to do that easy". That way he can deflect items and charged attacks or use as a counter? The other Kirby characters can't counter or block in anyway from what I remember. I think it works while still being cohesive with his spear talents and kind of solves the issue of what one of his down specials could be.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Huh.

So I guess this means no dual reveal for Bandana Dee? (If he gets a trailer prior to release of course)

Because I think Sakurai is implying that Meta Knight will be a secret character, similar to how Game & Watch was shown.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Huh.

So I guess this means no dual reveal for Bandana Dee? (If he gets a trailer prior to release of course)

Because I think Sakurai is implying that Meta Knight will be a secret character, similar to how Game & Watch was shown.
Mabye.......or mabye he just was bored and wanted to troll us. Seriously, when the image was loading from top to bottom I thought Meta Knight was confirmed.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Well, the Meta Knight mask certainly makes things interesting. We have the Samus mask, Meta Knight's, the Mii Force helmet, and I think the cowboy hat. Will we get to wear Waddle Dee's bandana? Let's hope so!

If his bandana is a hat, I'm so having a pirate vs. ninja fight right away. :p

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
My ideas for Custom Specials
B1- Spear Throw
B2- Triple Spear Throw
B3- Spear Dee Throw or Parasol

Side B1- wizardto1's Side B idea
Side B2- Parasol Drill (same thing as Side B1 but he dashes with the Parasol)
Side B3- like Pit's old Side B, but with his spear

Up B1- Waddle Copter
Up B2- same as Peach
Up B3- some kind of Spear Pole Vault thing
(couldn't think of Up B ideas)

Down B1- Megaton Punch
Down B2- Burying Punch (same, but with a pitfall effect)
Down B3- Charging Megaton Punch (think Hammer Flip, but Megaton Punch)

Top Bottom