• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
No es hada, es fake. These are fake and were posted on 4chan's /v/.

But let me remind my fellow brothers and sisters to not mourn if he isn't playable. Whether he is an assist, or simply a normal trophy, he made an appearance either way. That is way more than what Brawl did. Yes, Bandana Dee is Love. He might even be Life. But remember in order for us to grow stronger, we must learn how to stand during bad times. We must learn from the Little Mac supporters, not learn from the Geno supports. I wish us luck in the future, go Bandana Dee!
Say this after he gets announced as any of the following. Right now It's kind of getting me down. I'll need the consoling later more.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Say this after he gets announced as any of the following. Right now It's kind of getting me down. I'll need the consoling later more.
It's getting you down? Well, this should cheer you up:

Found this on one of the earlier pages from before I joined this thread. Thought I'd bring it back.

Ride, Bandana Dee, ride! ("Dark Horse Candidate") If you know what I mean.

Also, can you imagine how much fun it will be to laugh at the people on GameFAQS when he gets confirmed?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
It's getting you down? Well, this should cheer you up:

Found this on one of the earlier pages from before I joined this thread. Thought I'd bring it back.

Ride, Bandana Dee, ride! ("Dark Horse Candidate") If you know what I mean.

Also, can you imagine how much fun it will be to laugh at the people on GameFAQS when he gets confirmed?
OH my, how majestic :D My shining spear knight. Haha. It's cute.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Maybe im just crazy but bandana dee has gotten a lot more popular even outside of this thread in the past weeks.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
OH my, how majestic :D My shining spear knight. Haha. It's cute.
Ah, Bandana Waddle Dee the most noble knight!

I just hope that he's shown off soon if he's not a hidden character. I just can't wait for the full roster, the hype is real.

Maybe im just crazy but bandana dee has gotten a lot more popular even outside of this thread in the past weeks.
I've never really checked outside of smashboards to see how popular he is, but either way, if it's just one new thread on a forum or many, it's always good to see more supporters! :)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I still remember when I was the only supporter XD
It's been a while since then, hasn't it?

I remember supporting back in mid-2013 when I first joined. Good to be a longtime supporter!

LF2K

Floor Diver
We've definitely come a long way. 114,847 views in this thread, as I post this. Shulk, K. Rool, and Ridley have us beaten, but over 100,000 views is not that bad.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Ah, Bandana Waddle Dee the most noble knight!

I just hope that he's shown off soon if he's not a hidden character. I just can't wait for the full roster, the hype is real.

I've never really checked outside of smashboards to see how popular he is, but either way, if it's just one new thread on a forum or many, it's always good to see more supporters! :)
I don't think he won't be shown just because he is a secret character. It's not like all 36 revealed characters are going to be in the original roster.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Would Bandana/Bandanna Dee have any specific win quotes against enemies if they give him a voice? If not, then would he make a specific pose or action in order to respond to an opponent he fights?

LF2K

Floor Diver
They would at least do something with King Dedede. Or maybe they would recreate his winning animation from Megaton Punch if he beats Kirby?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Would Bandana/Bandanna Dee have any specific win quotes against enemies if they give him a voice? If not, then would he make a specific pose or action in order to respond to an opponent he fights?
He could look slightly upset after beating Dedede

What happens to this thread after Bandana Dee gets confirmed?
It will most likely be the social thread

Last edited:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I so want Bandana Dee in Sm4sh. I litterally made an account to post here. Lemme explain some things...

Bandanna Dee would bring so much new to the table with his spear. He's actually the best choice for a spear/staff user. Palutena's moveset is not about her staff, it's about her magic, so that's one thing. Any fire emblem characters past this point would be either too foreign to most people or just uninteresting. And Krystal, oh god Krystal. Star Fox is too small of a franchise to warrant 4 characters, whilst Kirby is definitely more deserving of getting another rep. And you can't cut Fox because he's the protagonist, Wolf is the villain of the series next to Andross, and Falco is to Fox what Luigi is to Mario. You have the core star fox characters, and for a series as small as star fox it doesn't need more than that unlike Kirby, Mario, or Pokemon. An assist trophy maybe, but I don't think Krystal will be a character. This means that Bandana Dee is the only choice for a spear user, and also he'd round out the Kirby cast.

In terms of who there would be if Kirby got a newcomer, pretty much the only choice is Bandanna Dee. Adeline and the Animal Buddies haven't been relevant in years, the basic enemies would not have enough moveset potential, and the villains aren't memorable enough. This is why people want Girahim so bad, we already have Ganondorf as our core Zelda villain, but Girahim is so memorable for reasons that are too long for this post!

And back to relevancy itself for Banndana Dee, he's been getting more prominent in the series ever since his incarnation in Super star. BD plays a bigger role in Kirby Triple Deluxe than Meta Knight, who just makes a cameo! In Triple Deluxe, he manages Streetpass and gives you items before boss battles. Also, he's Kirby's best friend and King Dedede's right hand. He not only plays the role of what Luigi is to Mario, but he also is what Kamek is to Bowser!

And that's why Bandana Dee should be in Sm4sh.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's been a while since then, hasn't it?

I remember supporting back in mid-2013 when I first joined. Good to be a longtime supporter!
:D

Dream Pic of the day:
(All made of paper)
AWESOME!

I so want Bandana Dee in Sm4sh. I litterally made an account to post here. Lemme explain some things...

Bandanna Dee would bring so much new to the table with his spear. He's actually the best choice for a spear/staff user. Palutena's moveset is not about her staff, it's about her magic, so that's one thing. Any fire emblem characters past this point would be either too foreign to most people or just uninteresting. And Krystal, oh god Krystal. Star Fox is too small of a franchise to warrant 4 characters, whilst Kirby is definitely more deserving of getting another rep. And you can't cut Fox because he's the protagonist, Wolf is the villain of the series next to Andross, and Falco is to Fox what Luigi is to Mario. You have the core star fox characters, and for a series as small as star fox it doesn't need more than that unlike Kirby, Mario, or Pokemon. An assist trophy maybe, but I don't think Krystal will be a character. This means that Bandana Dee is the only choice for a spear user, and also he'd round out the Kirby cast.

In terms of who there would be if Kirby got a newcomer, pretty much the only choice is Bandanna Dee. Adeline and the Animal Buddies haven't been relevant in years, the basic enemies would not have enough moveset potential, and the villains aren't memorable enough. This is why people want Girahim so bad, we already have Ganondorf as our core Zelda villain, but Girahim is so memorable for reasons that are too long for this post!

And back to relevancy itself for Banndana Dee, he's been getting more prominent in the series ever since his incarnation in Super star. BD plays a bigger role in Kirby Triple Deluxe than Meta Knight, who just makes a cameo! In Triple Deluxe, he manages Streetpass and gives you items before boss battles. Also, he's Kirby's best friend and King Dedede's right hand. He not only plays the role of what Luigi is to Mario, but he also is what Kamek is to Bowser!

And that's why Bandana Dee should be in Sm4sh.
You are 100% right! haha
Welcome to Smashboards and thanks for your support!

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
I don't know. It would be cool if some characters could do that, but it's sadly not likely
What happens to this thread after Bandana Dee gets confirmed?
I think it will be moved to a Bandana Dee disscusion place for confirmed characters, and then we speculate on things like costumes, movesets, and also celebrate like people do at the World Cup.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Lloyd91 Lloyd91 and @ Shiny Porygon Shiny Porygon
\For exact protocol, once a character with a speculation thread (like the Pac-Man or Robin threads, for instance) is moved to their subforum, and then stickied. Just some public info :)

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
If he is even in. Don't get overconfident. :c
Realistically, what are the chances of it not happening at this point? Although he's got a high chance of being in, there's not any other choice. Making him as an Assist Trophy wouldn't feel right when you compare him to the likes of Knuckle Joe, having him as part of Dedede's Final Smash would be weird when we have Masked Dedede potential, and a stage hazard? That's what we have characters like Whispy Woods and Kracko for.

People just don't want him in because "lol hes just a generic waddle dee" when the majority of the time, the people who say that have never touched a Kirby game in the first place. They just keep comparing him to Goombario which is Bandana Dee's version of the "Ridley is too big" argument - It's easily disproven, and it's really the only excuse people use. In other words..

I'm pretty sure he's making it in.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Realistically, what are the chances of it not happening at this point? Although he's got a high chance of being in, there's not any other choice. Making him as an Assist Trophy wouldn't feel right when you compare him to the likes of Knuckle Joe, having him as part of Dedede's Final Smash would be weird when we have Masked Dedede potential, and a stage hazard? That's what we have characters like Whispy Woods and Kracko for.

People just don't want him in because "lol hes just a generic waddle dee" when the majority of the time, the people who say that have never touched a Kirby game in the first place. They just keep comparing him to Goombario which is Bandana Dee's version of the "Ridley is too big" argument - It's easily disproven, and it's really the only excuse people use. In other words..

About the Ridley argument comparison, the thing is Ridley's arguement actually has some merit and could affect how he plays compared to the other characters (I'm a Ridley supported though, just relaying what others say ) Bandana Dee 's supposed "reason " as to why he shouldn't be in is based off a lack of knowledge on the character.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
:D

AWESOME!

You are 100% right! haha
Welcome to Smashboards and thanks for your support!
Welcome to the thread FangedSniper! :)

I totally agree that there's a lack of memorable villains outside of the main villains in most series, in most cases I think most series are set for villains at this time. Bandana Waddle Dee has made a lot of appearances and is growing to be the fourth main character of the series. He isn't exactly a character that just schemes like most of villains in the Kirby series, he's a weird mix between a friend a villain, he's Kirby's friend and is willing to help Kirby when King Dedede allows him, but still loyal to King Dedede when finds Kirby a pest. Even if he's agued once with him, he still went to fight Kirby anyway (even though he just stood there).

As for overrepresentation, I don't think we'll get anymore characters other than Fox, Falco and Wolf, but that's if Falco and Wolf aren't taken out because of being clones. I think the only chance that there would a Starfox newcomer is that it lines up or is close to Starfox command's anniversary which was on the third. I think personally that for the Kirby series we're probably going to get a new stage, a couple more enemies in Smash Run and Bandana Waddle Dee if they want a newcomer.

There's a pretty good chance he'll make it in, there's not really any Kirby character that can take his spot. The only really problem with having Bandana Dee a newcomer is that Sakurai has to decide whether he wants another Kirby character or not. I still think though that he has a chance at being an assist trophy or being part of King Dedede's final smash, he hasn't been around as long as most characters in the series or had the same importance as them, either way, If he doesn't become a newcomer in the new games, his chances greatly increase for the next ones if the series still keeps pushing Bandana as a main character.:)

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
On the bright side guys, if he doesnt get in this time; we get to speculate and talk more on this next time smash comes along.

i dunno about you guys, but even though im not talking so much, it was a pleasure getting to know all of you and spending the time speculating with you all

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
On the bright side guys, if he doesnt get in this time; we get to speculate and talk more on this next time smash comes along.

i dunno about you guys, but even though im not talking so much, it was a pleasure getting to know all of you and spending the time speculating with you all
It's not over until the bitter end. The truth will be revealed soon enough.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Guys, remember to just hold out a bit longer! We've got at least 35 more days till the Japanese release and then all will be revealed......:) (God, please let B.D be playable!)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

You can't be so sure about a character who isn't too important to his series. BD is important, but he only just picked up steam. He hasn't appeared in his series as that many major roles, and has only been seen once with a spear. You can't be the one to say "making him an assist trophy doesn't feel right", because having Robin AND Lucina without Chrom "doesn't feel right". There's a chance that he might have the role of Doc Louis but for DDD or DDD's FS not changing at all. He could also just be a simple trophy and sticker. He isn't as likely as you think in the first place because like I said earlier, only one of his appearances have him with a spear. It'd be like Meta Knight without his sword or DDD without his hammer. He's only JUST become the 4th most important in his series, but that's not saying he is really important. Just that he's the 4th most.

You can't use "muh sockureye bias!!!1" or "sakurai isn't modest anymore!" because he designed KI's items to be fit for Smash.
Palutena being in = his bias/he's not modest? Welp, looks like he can't add in his own game characters. Sorry BD.
Palutena having 12 different specials? I didn't know he wanted to make newcomers unique!
Meta Knight being OP in Brawl? Yeah, it's 1000% confirmed that it's his bias and not the lack of balancing in some aspects.
2 newcomers in Brawl? WOW, Sakurai MUST LOVE Fire Emblem!
KI having 2 stages = bias/he's not modest? I didn't know Sakurai loved Mega Man!
Pit's getting an overhaul = bias/he's not modest? Yeah, it HAS to be bias, why would Sakurai change his moveset for his new game? lol
Him voicing DDD = bias/he's not modest? Whoah, okay, this is SOOOOOOOOOO true!!11! u totally cant voice ur own characters!

Being important DOES NOT mean you will be in Smash. Look at characters like Tingle, Chrom, etc. And there's the chance that we may not even get a 4th Kirby rep. It's not like Bandana Dee HAS to have a notable role anyways, and all of the ones you listed were noticeable. King K Rool was more important to DK as BD is to Kirby, but guess what? Only a trophy.

Overall, you can't really use the arguments most BD supporters use because they're just not valid. I like Bandana Dee, but he simply hasn't made that many "major" appearances in his series. Only 2 up to date, really. I don't count the 2015 game cause that's probably too late.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Can I make a speech for a little while? Thanks.

There is no guarantee that Bandana Waddle Dee will be in the base game,
same as how there's none for K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Isaac. If we start supporting Bandana for DLC before the rush of a million other "___ for DLC" campaigns, we'll have more momentum in the movement and an advantage in numbers over many of the other characters being asked for. However, if Bandana Waddle Dee is in the base game, we would just have a safety-net lying around that never had to be used. If we didn't have to support him for DLC, that sounds like a win too. Either way, we benefit from asking for him for DLC as soon as possible.

So, to help with just that, I typed up a thing in a certain DLC thread somewhere on the forum. If the group members within that thread agree in majority, we'll have Bandana Waddle Dee in our main circle of support alongside K. Rool and Snake's DLC campaigns "Kremling Kampaign" and "Les Smash Mercenaire". I just thought you guys would like to see it in the meantime. It's a long read, but here it is:
BANDANA WADDLE DEE FOR DEE-L-C

*Ahem* Pardon the pun. The good king's right-hand dee, at your service.
Bandana Dee, the next most important Kirby character after the big three. He's no K. Rool or Isaac, but I'll be damned if I can't say he still isn't big to his series, viable for a unique playstyle, and worth being pushed as Smash DLC.

Part 1 - The History of Bandana Waddle Dee
Appearances:
  • Kirby Super Star (March 21, 1996) - Extremely minor character as first opponent in the mini-game Megaton Punch
  • Kirby Super Star Ultra (September 22, 2008) - Minor character with the same role as the original, in addition to being King Dedede's sole cheerleader in the Masked Dedede fight, as well as a mini-boss in The Arena
  • Kirby Mass Attack (August 4, 2011) - Extremely minor character as a cheerleader for Meta Knight in the mini-game Strato Patrol EOS
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land (October 27, 2011) - One of the four playable characters alongside the series' big three
  • Kirby's Dream Collection (July 19, 2012) - Featured on the title screen and various artwork of the game
  • Puzzle Swap (November 7, 2012 & December 26, 2013) - Featured in the Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby Triple Deluxe puzzles, the latter only able to be seen once completed
  • StreetPass Mii Plaza (June 18, 2013) - Available as a "Waddle Dee" hat as a trade-in for one of the plaza's tickets
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe (January 11, 2014) - Major character as Kirby's/Dedede's companion throughout the game/manager of the game's StreetPass function and makes a few cameo appearances... Also worth noting that he is finally given the official name "Bandana Waddle Dee"
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (TBA 2015) - Multiple Bandana Waddle Dee being featured on a variation of the game's main artwork implies they will have a playable role in the game's multiplayer, and would not seem unlikely to have a role similar to his one in Triple Deluxe in the game's single-player story
Bandana (which is the nickname I'm going to say from now on to speed things up) had a role like that of being a cameo in the original Kirby Super Star, before fading into obscurity for over the next decade. However, at the release of the game's remake, Bandana had some boosted air-time, being featured in one of the game's main modes of "Revenge of the King" as well as replacing the nameless Waddle Dee that once acted as a mini-boss in The Arena. While by no means a full-fledged character yet, Bandana was at least within people's radar by this point. In Kirby Mass Attack, also known as the Kirby game to have a cameo of everything ever in the Kirby series, Bandana appeared once again in the game as a cameo alongside the Sailor Waddle Dee in one of the game's many mini-games. Again, while Bandana did not have a notable role, it was included nonetheless.

However, come Kirby's Return to Dream Land later that year, and Bandana is immediately upgraded from minor character to full-fledged playable character. It is worth noting that before Bandana were various other notable characters within the series: Gooey, Adeliene, Daroach, and Prince Fluff. However, despite many other more notable characters being choices for the game's fourth protagonist, Bandana was the one selected to be a playable main character in the game's story. Short of the Helpers in Kirby Super Star and Gooey in Kirby's Dream Land 3, this was a rare opportunity that not even Meta Knight had the privilege of yet (assuming we don't count the "play through the entire game again as THIS character" bonus modes that existed in Nightmare in Dream Land/Canvas Curse/Super Star Ultra). This became the turning point in the series that turned Bandana from something of a cameo into a character that consistently remains as a recurrent minor character in every game in the series thereafter.

Kirby's Dream Collection immediately kicked this off, showcasing Bandana all throughout the game's artwork and title screen. While he was by no means the centerpiece of the art, he's shown consistently alongside Meta Knight and King Dedede, the two biggest characters of the series behind Kirby himself. That alone should speak for how far he's come from. StreetPass Mii Plaza further cements this by giving Bandana various more appearances in the form of a hat and two puzzles. Considering Magolor, Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana each appear in two out of the three Kirby puzzles, this puts him on equal representation with all the other current major characters of the series.

Kirby Triple Deluxe, the most recent game in the series as of writing this, featured only four main characters: Kirby, Dedede, Taranza, and of course, the now properly named Bandana Waddle Dee. Bandana played a major, though not pivotal, role in Triple Deluxe as Kirby's ally that appears in most levels of the game. He additionally appears in several cameos, namely as one of Kirby's stone transformations alongside Dedede and Meta Knight, having his own key-chain, and appearing in the game's 100% complete cinematic. Between being the first main Kirby game after Kirby's Return to Dream Land and getting the various bits of Bandana we've gotten since, this game has solidified Bandana's presence in the series as here to stay. The upcoming Kirby and the Rainbow Curse will feature Bandana in a minor or major role as well, as the game's demo title screen features multiple Bandana Waddle Dee on it. Even before we learn about the game's story, we still know that Bandana will have a role in it.

Bandana Waddle Dee had an insignificant start in the Kirby series, but after an entire decade, became the series' biggest darkhorse character. From one-screen appearance to recurrent major character, Bandana has had the most dramatic change in importance of any character in the series, and possibly any character of most series for that matter. It seems nowadays that after Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee is by far the series' most important. As far as we can tell, that won't be changing for quite some time.

Part 2 - Gameplay Potential
We've all heard this one before.
He's a spear user! He'd be unique! What else do you need?!
But honestly? That's not doing Bandana any justice in terms of what he's capable of. Let's break this all down.

Before we get to the interesting stuff, I just want to start with the basics about Bandana Waddle Dee. Unlike the other three Kirby characters, Bandana clearly lacks aerial mobility the way they do, which immediately sets him apart from the other characters as a grounded-fighter moreso than an aerial fighter. His body-type is much like that of Kirby's, meaning he would be lightweight, somewhat fast, and small. If I were to guess, he would be in the middle-ground of Kirby and Meta Knight in regards to the former two, and being around their exact size for the latter.

Moving on, the spear he wields screams fighting ability. Unlike the various other Waddle Dees that merely waddle and jump their way into death by contact, Bandana has shown extremely viable fighting prowess with the spear. Speaking beyond a moveset that can almost directly translate from Kirby's Return to Dream Land into Smash Bros., Bandana's use of the spear heavily emphasizes on quick thrusts that rely on speed and precision. In this way, Bandana could have moves with long hitboxes, but are extremely narrow and are easy to avoid in the air as a result. This would create a sort of difficulty curve for Bandana that focuses more on the moves themselves rather than any type of mechanic like Rosalina's or Little Mac's. By playing with the positioning, timing, and precision of attacks rather than the frequency of them in mind, Waddle Dee would fulfill the role as a small character that requires patience above all else compared to the beat-down and spammy characters like Pikachu, Kirby, Olimar, Little Mac, and Meta Knight.

Another idea comes to mind to make Bandana a character that can easily ground opponents. As a sort of antithesis to the other Kirby characters, Bandana's long reach and viability on the ground could create the dynamic of moves that do well at beating aerial characters without being an aerial character himself. Having a spike effect at the end of his spear would further promote the positional and patient style of play mentioned before, as doing this can send characters like Jigglypuff and Wario flying down so that he can proceed to combo on the ground. Contrarily, while Bandana would be the better grounded fighter than the aerial opponents he's intended to pick off, he could be a less-than-amazing ground fighter compared to other characters in order to create an interesting spectrum of match-ups for Bandana Dee. While the aerial characters of higher-tiers like Meta Knight and Captain Falcon find themselves having difficulty against a counter-pick Bandana Waddle Dee, other grounded fighters from lower-tiers such as Ness and Donkey Kong will immediately find a niche in being able to counter the alleged metagame's counter. In having a playstyle like this, Bandana Waddle Dee not only keeps the game's balance in check, but creates a smaller distance between character tiers and thus would bring more viability to other characters if Bandana himself is viable.

In other words, in terms of gameplay, Bandana Waddle Dee would:
  • Be easy to implement with a moveset that fits perfectly within Smash Bros.
  • Be a character with a low difficulty curve and a high skill ceiling
  • Create a new playstyle that other lightweight characters are not used to
  • Balance the roster in its match-ups
If that doesn't sound like a solid contribution towards gameplay in Smash 4, then I don't know what you're smoking and it's probably bad for your health. Don't do drugs. Do the Dee instead.

Part 3 - Why We Should Support Bandana Waddle Dee
So, we've learned that Bandana is a notoriety in the Kirby series, and we know that his gameplay potential would have meaning. The only thing left is to say why he fits in the context of Smash 4 and DLC.

Looking at what we know about Smash 4, we can confirm several things:
  • King Dedede no longer throws Waddle Dees
  • Smash Run features Waddle Dees as enemies of a different hue from Bandana in his Triple Deluxe appearance
  • Smash 4 will receive Return to Dream Land content, based on Kirby's change of Final Smash into Ultra Sword
  • Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja confirm that a character does not have to be a big name like Mega Man or Little Mac to be added
  • Fire Emblem's current 4 characters indicate that there is no tangible limit on how many characters a series can get
Based on all of this, many of Bandana's potential barriers for being added to Smash 4 have been erased. Without a predetermined role in sight thus far, not being "sort of" part of someone's moveset, and not having any "you must be at least this public knowledge" quotas to wade through, nothing really stands in the way of Bandana being added into Smash Bros. Even if it becomes confirmed that trophies are not eligible to become playable DLC, we've yet to receive even so much as that in the way for Bandana Waddle Dee. In fact, the closest thing to a threat for Bandana thus far is the Waddle Dees in Smash Run, and even then, none of them use spears while Bandana's initial playable appearance had Waddle Dees as enemies in the first place. Unlike Snake who is 3rd-party and Wonder Red who has a chance of being casted aside, literally nothing about Bandana would clash in what Smash Bros. already has set up.

With this being said, you might be wondering why I'm not putting full investment into Bandana Waddle Dee being a character in the base game in the first place. The main reason for this is that there is always the chance that Bandana will not be confirmed, same as any other DLC candidate not yet a shown trophy like K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Isaac. For all we know, there is the possibility of Bandana not appearing whatsoever. Support for Bandana Waddle Dee before the outcry of all the other characters for DLC would do well to help his chances at a spot in the roster. Thus, worst case scenario, Bandana gets confirmed as a character/assist trophy/stage hazard/etc. and we can select a different candidate. Best case scenario, we save the character from falling into obscurity amongst all the cries for Geno and Groose. It would do us no harm to try either way.

It should also be said that Bandana Waddle Dee is by no means obscure to the public. Bandana Waddle Dee has sizable support here in Smashboards, with somewhere between 52 likes and 400+ votes for support on the Bandana Waddle Dee thread alone. If we expand this to various other Kirby community forums, Kirby Triple Deluxe's Miiverse, and the Smash Bros. community populace as a whole, Waddle Dee definitely has the potential to gain a lot of ground for DLC. At the very least, if Ridley can keep a positive face despite his detractors, surely Bandana isn't in worse position, no?

In conclusion, Bandana Waddle Dee is a character with a myriad of reasons to be included in Smash Bros. DLC: growing importance to his series, unique gameplay potential, congruent material for the Smash games to work with, popularity--the list goes on. He's by no means an essential addition to the roster, but Bandana definitely offers more good to being included than bad.

Thank you for your time, budds. Bandana Waddle Dee for DLC!
Again, I'd rather we not flock towards the thread of origin on part of the group members there preferring a quiet, high-quality-to-low-quantity post count within the threads, so try to keep any excitement exclusive to this part of Smashboards for now. I'm working to get us in league with a united group of DLC campaigns.

In the mean time, spread the word of Dee-L-C to places like the Kirby Triple Deluxe Miiverse and other Kirby communities, so that way we can gain some ground before we can start an actual campaign. Just have patience before we do, as the group wasn't all too big on Opossum starting a Chrom for DLC campaign without their saying first, and won't get any support from the other fanbases as a result. In a ballpark as serious as Smash, we're going to need all the help we can get. Coordination amongst communities and strength in numbers are what we need, folks! All in due time, we will have playable Bandana Waddle Dee, be it when the game comes out or somewhere the following year!

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
There is no guarantee that Bandana Waddle Dee will be in the base game, same as how there's none for K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Isaac. If we start supporting Bandana for DLC before the rush of a million other "___ for DLC" campaigns, we'll have more momentum in the movement and an advantage in numbers over many of the other characters being asked for. However, if Bandana Waddle Dee is in the base game, we would just have a safety-net lying around that never had to be used. If we didn't have to support him for DLC, that sounds like a win too. Either way, we benefit from asking for him for DLC as soon as possible.

So, to help with just that, I typed up a thing in a certain DLC thread somewhere on the forum. If the group members within that thread agree in majority, we'll have Bandana Waddle Dee in our main circle of support alongside K. Rool and Snake's DLC campaigns "Kremling Kampaign" and "Les Smash Mercenaire". I just thought you guys would like to see it in the meantime. It's a long read, but here it is:

Again, I'd rather we not flock towards the thread of origin on part of the group members there preferring a quiet, high-quality-to-low-quantity post count within the threads, so try to keep any excitement exclusive to this part of Smashboards for now. I'm working to get us in league with a united group of DLC campaigns.

In the mean time, spread the word of Dee-L-C to places like the Kirby Triple Deluxe Miiverse and other Kirby communities, so that way we can gain some ground before we can start an actual campaign. Just have patience before we do, as the group wasn't all too big on Opossum starting a Chrom for DLC campaign without their saying first, and won't get any support from the other fanbases as a result. In a ballpark as serious as Smash, we're going to need all the help we can get. Coordination amongst communities and strength in numbers are what we need, folks! All in due time, we will have playable Bandana Waddle Dee, be it when the game comes out or somewhere the following year!
That's a fantastic idea! I'll go spread the word about Dee-L-C on Miiverse right now. This is the deed of the Dee!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
There is no guarantee that Bandana Waddle Dee will be in the base game, same as how there's none for K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Isaac. If we start supporting Bandana for DLC before the rush of a million other "___ for DLC" campaigns, we'll have more momentum in the movement and an advantage in numbers over many of the other characters being asked for. However, if Bandana Waddle Dee is in the base game, we would just have a safety-net lying around that never had to be used. If we didn't have to support him for DLC, that sounds like a win too. Either way, we benefit from asking for him for DLC as soon as possible.

Oh........My...........Gosh........
This........is..........BEAUTIFUL!:sadeyes: Really, if B.D is not added after reading this.....I will probably lose all faith in Sakurai. I mean honestly, this needs to be added to the OP, as soon as possible! This should be enough to convince people that B.D should be a "base" playable character in the game's initial roster, let alone Dee-L-C!:chuckle:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
GRC has point. We should start preparing for DLC given how close the 3DS release is.

I'm not sure how much we need to hurry, but the sooner the better.

Any plans for Bandana DEE-L-C website?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
The only other character I could see getting in is Magolor and even then he would be better suited as an assist trophy.
I'm probably the only one who thinks Magolor is a good possible rep. We have not seen the last of Magolor and he is a memorable boss. He's really popular too. I see him as a possible suprise character like Lucina if he were to make it in. The character no one would be expecting because people will all be expecting the bigger representative to be in, than surprise!

I think Bandana Dee has the best chance and I mostly support him but Magolor is my second pick and see him as a possible unexpected rep.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
GRC has point. We should start preparing for DLC given how close the 3DS release is.

I'm not sure how much we need to hurry, but the sooner the better.

Any plans for Bandana DEE-L-C website?
Again, timing is everything. We need to see whether the other DLC campaigns will help support us or not. I've got decent connections with them (I was the one that designed the name of Les Smash Mercenaire for Snake's DLC campaign), and I know firsthand that if we greenlight without coordinating with them, it's going to piss them off and they won't want to help spread the word. It's for that reason that Opossum's Chrom for DLC campaign has been on its own this entire time. Trust me, if we can get a circle of DLC campaigns knit closely together, it has potential to be the next Operation Rainfall type of deal. That's why need to get ready for now, but not launch any websites or Twitters until we reach the final okay.

And if they say no anyway, at least we can say we were negotiable about it, no?

Again, for now I think our plan of action should be to getting the idea of Waddle Dee-L-C into the minds of those who might support us. Kirby forums, Miiverse, YouTube, etc. Plant the seeds of interest before blooming this into a full-blown movement.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
guys sakurai told my moms brothers friends dogs owners fathers grandmas daughter that bandana dee is confirmed

Top Bottom