• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
The heck is that?
How do you even ask that question? Oh, this world has gone to hell.
In case you're wondering where the Internet gets instructions on how to do everything needed to complete a game, it's from those things. They're called strategy guides. (There are probably some that don't still, but if most of them didn't, then there wouldn't be a article specifically listing moments that would require a guide to complete in every single game in existence.)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I remember I was debating someone about Bandana Dee's inclusion a while back.

I said "Fire Emblem has 4 characters, so why can't Kirby?" They replied to me by saying that Fire Emblem got 4 because of the extremely high sales on Fire Emblem Awakening.

But, you want to know something? Worldwide, Awakening sold 1.31 million. Kirby's Return to Dreamland sold 1.61 million worldwide.

So, uh, that's an invalid argument, right? Don't get me wrong, it DID sell well for a Fire Emblem game, but the Kirby game that had Bandana Dee's most prominent role in it still sold more.
I believe the better argument is that Lucina was not initially planned to be her own separate character, but was decided to become one so that people who favor her playstyle will get exclusive ranks from Marth (As I would imagine she was probably planned to have varying aspects from Marth from the beginning, but the development team latter decided that it would be better for every character that acts different in someway to have their own position on the roster).
So the fourth Fire Emblem character thing is more circumstantial than necessarily planned from the beginning.
The heck is that?
A guide book that probably has every detail in the game hiding in there.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I believe the better argument is that Lucina was not initially planned to be her own separate character, but was decided to become one so that people who favor her playstyle will get exclusive ranks from Marth (As I would imagine she was probably planned to have varying aspects from Marth from the beginning, but the development team latter decided that it would be better for every character that acts different in someway to have their own position on the roster).
So the fourth Fire Emblem character thing is more circumstantial than necessarily planned from the beginning.
A guide book that probably has every detail in the game hiding in there.
In other words, Lucina was added solely for her moveset potential? If that's the case, then shouldn't that increase Bandana Dee's chances?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
In other words, Lucina was added solely for her moveset potential? If that's the case, then shouldn't that increase Bandana Dee's chances?
No, she was added solely because she functioned differently from Marth. She was originally just going to be a costume choice for Marth with her own name and voice.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Probably closer to launch. But my guess is that they're printing them now or will soon. It would be a shame if one copy leaked...:smirk:

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Wow. NEVER heard of a strategy guide for this game...Anyone know when it releases or am I to be left in the dark again?
I don't know when, but I actually have a guide for brawl that helped a lot for getting trophies and beating the great maze.
Probably closer to launch. But my guess is that they're printing them now or will soon. It would be a shame if one copy leaked...:smirk:
Oh yes..........a real shame.........especially if someone stole it...........and leaked who was in.....:smirk:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The Smash Bible is coming. Within these pages, the answer to our question lies.

FINALLY! This better be leaked. At least then, I can rest easy to know if I'm getting Bandanna Dee, a playable Pilot Wings rep, a retro rep, a Rhythm Heaven rep (specifically the Chorus Kids, the "Rhythm" Kids (Marshal, Ms. Ribbon, and Cam.) or Marshal by himself and (this one, I know I'm kind of shooting in the dark here) I still want Mona from WarioWare.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Of course! Share it! I would like to see it!
Ok, JSYK some if his moves are also from regular Waddle Dees and the Waddle Dees from 'Kirby's Epic Yarn':

Entrance: Flies onto the stage which his Spear copter.
Neutral Attack: Spear slash, slash, lunge
Dash Attack: Running spear lunge
Side Tilt: Rapid spear lunge
Up Tilt: Spear uppercut
Down Tilt: Slide
Side Smash: Spear throw
Up Smash: Up spear point
Down Smash: Down spear spin (has bury effect)
Neutral Aerial: Aerial spear throw
Up Aerial: Up air spear lunge
Forward Aerial: Air spear lunge
Back Aerial: Air spear slash
Down Aerial: Yarn snowball drop
Neutral Special: Yarn bow and arrow: Acts like Link's bow and arrow, chargeable and can be shot at different angles.
Side Special: Yarn missile: Acts like Villager's Loid Rocket, can be shot or rode on for side recovery.
Up Special: Spear copter: Like Fox's Up B, first has to be charged, then will take you flying. Can also be used as to attack.
Down Special: Umbrella shield: Can reflect projectiles on the side you are facing.
Grab: Rope grab: Bandana Dee will grab you with his rope. Can be used for tether recovery.
Pummel: Spear point.
Up throw: Swings rope up.
Forward throw: Swings rope forward.
Back throw: Swings rope back.
Down throw: Rapidly points, then one last big spear point.
Final Smash: Giga Waddle Dee: Bandana Dee becomes bigger.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
FINALLY! This better be leaked. At least then, I can rest easy to know if I'm getting Bandanna Dee, a playable Pilot Wings rep, a retro rep, a Rhythm Heaven rep (specifically the Chorus Kids, the "Rhythm" Kids (Marshal, Ms. Ribbon, and Cam.) or Marshal by himself and (this one, I know I'm kind of shooting in the dark here) I still want Mona from WarioWare.

Oh, I can't believe I almost forgot Ms. Rhythm (the red dress girl "semi-mascot" of Rhythm Heaven) as a possible RH rep for the eventual leaking of that guide!:surprised: Never again!!!:mad:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Another "leak", oh boy.

Look at Falco:

Is that really supposed to be Falco? Looks like a Muppet.
This really isn't the place to discuss leaks, but I will say this.
It's a poorly edited render of Fox flipped the other way.
The pink box to the top right of the Falco one must be Ridley, he seems to be a common theme with these fake pictures.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
This really isn't the place to discuss leaks, but I will say this.
It's a poorly edited render of Fox flipped the other way.
The pink box to the top right of the Falco one must be Ridley, he seems to be a common theme with these fake pictures.
That image was from the same thread that the Bandana Dee's leak was in. I don't think it was from the original poster, though. Not sure, because the thread got deleted.

I do remember someone saying something about how many leaks have tilted cameras or blurry interfaces. :laugh:

Back onto Bandana Dee discussion though, here's some art from Miiverse I found today.

Not too sure what it's implicating based on their reactions, but oh well. Still a cool drawing nonetheless.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
That image was from the same thread that the Bandana Dee's leak was in. I don't think it was from the original poster, though. Not sure, because the thread got deleted.

I do remember someone saying something about how many leaks have tilted cameras or blurry interfaces. :laugh:

Back onto Bandana Dee discussion though, here's some art from Miiverse I found today.

Not too sure what it's implicating based on their reactions, but oh well. Still a cool drawing nonetheless.
I would love either of those characters for Smash so bad :X

ALSO THAT LEAK IMAGE IS SUCH A TEASE. HOW DARE FOLKS CONTINUE WITH THE LEAKS. Especially when so many of us are so darn hyped. Haha.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I would love either of those characters for Smash so bad :X

ALSO THAT LEAK IMAGE IS SUCH A TEASE. HOW DARE FOLKS CONTINUE WITH THE LEAKS. Especially when so many of us are so darn hyped. Haha.
I guess they just want to see the world burn xD its just to piss off everyone and anyone we just got believe that bandana dee is in just don't fall for any leaks they are all fake

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm noticing a trend with some of these stage reveals. I feel like if the stage can reference a Kirby game even if it's not a Kirby game, Sakurai will do it. Like with Little Mac's Punch Out stage, being a reference as well in the Image of the Week, to Kirby Super Star. He placed King Dedede and Kirby in the ring for that image. Than for this Gameboy stage, he put grayscale Dedede and Kirby, to reference Dreamland for Gameboy. If there is a Return to Dreamland Stage can we hope that Sakurai would put MK, Dedede, Bandana Dee, and Kirby in there?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
The home stage for Robin and Lucina apparently was the one that Sakurai revealed with Ike and Marth. It's possible that we could get a stage like that before a Bandana Dee trailer, HOWEVER, we're guaranteed to get it during the trailer if we don't get it prior to the reveal. In other words, it could go either way.

LF2K

Floor Diver

My guess it's implying Bandana Dee made it and Magolor didn't. :p

Oh, and about the supposed leak.

It looks pretty solid. But his right foot looks a little weird. Not to mention the spear doesn't match the one he uses.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It looks pretty solid. But his right foot looks a little weird. Not to mention the spear doesn't match the one he uses.
Have we seen this image before? as that us the best way to recognize a fake. Also, the screen moves diagonally, so this is most likely a fake. With diagonaly I mean look at the lower left side, and look at a 3ds. Tadaaa

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice

His non-spear arm looks detached from his body. Besides, this looks just like the Palutena leak a while ago. Nobody could prove it wrong, but it did not look the same as the actual character model.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
hey, ive not been posting much but i am watching and lurking.

the spear bothers me, if this was a fake leak why would they go and put in a spear that looks different? unless they did that just to mess with people. we shall seee, 34 days till all is revealed

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Wow that leaked image looks suspicious. Kind of reminds me of the palutena one. The spear is different which is kind of bugging me. It's not the spear itself that is bugging me but the fact that it's different. Could this be a leak and Sakurai changed the design a bit? It's not like the characters haven't had their looks a bit more polished for the Smash Games. I won't trust "leaked" images though.

It's just odd...

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I still think the 'leak' is fake, it looks WAY too off. The reason it has that new spear design is probably to put us off guard.

D

Deleted member

I don't believe this leak.

Bandana Dee looks very polygonal in this pic and very in your face. Is this supposed to be a screen KO? If so, shouldn't Bandana Dee have more of a reaction? Kirby closes his eyes when he splats on the screen.
[collapse=Kirby Triple Deluxe Spoilers]Also, if you look closely, you will see Queen Sectonia in the background. They just took her final battle and put Bandana Dee over it.[/collapse]

This pick is slightly more believable, but look at that background. It's pretty horrid and kinda loots like it was pasted. Bandana Dee's right foot is also pretty big by comparison to his left one. The spear isn't correct as that isn't the one that he and Kirby use. Lastly, is it just me or is that shadow on the ground floating? Seems like it to me.

I call this leak a fake. Also, keep in mind that Bandana Dee has a very simple model that you can create, so fake pics can easily be made for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I don't believe this leak.

Bandana Dee looks very polygonal in this pic and very in your face. Is this supposed to be a screen KO? If so, shouldn't Bandana Dee have more of a reaction? Kirby closes his eyes when he splats on the screen.
[collapse=Kirby Triple Deluxe Spoilers]Also, if you look closely, you will see Queen Sectonia in the background. They just took her final battle and put Bandana Dee over it.[/collapse]

This pick is slightly more believable, but look at that background. It's pretty horrid and kinda loots like it was pasted. Bandana Dee's right foot is also pretty big by comparison to his left one. The spear isn't correct as that isn't the one that he and Kirby use. Lastly, is it just me or is that shadow on the ground floating? Seems like it to me.

I call this leak a fake. Also, keep in mind that Bandana Dee has a very simple model that you can create, so fake pics can easily be made for him.
Yeah that first image is odd. Also is that Sectonia behind him? Man, I wish this leak were right just so I can get a Triple Deluxe stage for the game, haha. What a tease. Yeah the first image looks too off. The other one could be debated just a bit before being dismissed for being a leaked image in the first place.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
hey, ive not been posting much but i am watching and lurking.

the spear bothers me, if this was a fake leak why would they go and put in a spear that looks different? unless they did that just to mess with people. we shall seee, 34 days till all is revealed
I agree, its a bit odd that they would change his spear. I was doing some research and found out what spear Bandana Dee probably uses, which is either a
Shaolin red eagle spear or a Chinese spear which is also called a qīang; they're both very similar. Chinese spears and Shaolin red eagle spears have a red horsehair tassel which shows elite troop status. The tassel also helps blurring the opponents vision.

So why would they redesign it to be more of a javelin? Bandana Dee mostly hits enemies with his spear and only has two attacks that he tosses his spear in KRTD. Shaolin red eagle spears can be thrown like javelins but they're more of a thrusting spear than a throwing spear. It seems that Chinese spears aren't typically thrown either but why would they change his spear to more a javelin-like one if he hardly even throws his spear? So there's no big reason to change it, either way I prefer his regular spear because it shows authority and applies to his fighting style more.

Wow that leaked image looks suspicious. Kind of reminds me of the palutena one. The spear is different which is kind of bugging me. It's not the spear itself that is bugging me but the fact that it's different. Could this be a leak and Sakurai changed the design a bit? It's not like the characters haven't had their looks a bit more polished for the Smash Games. I won't trust "leaked" images tough.

It's just odd...
Bandana Dee's model is very polygonal and unpolished. The model shouldn't look like that if they're nearing the end of development. The first picture they totally copied and pasted the model on a screenshot of the

Queen Sectonia boss fight.

I think this leak is fake.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
No es hada, es fake. These are fake and were posted on 4chan's /v/.

But let me remind my fellow brothers and sisters to not mourn if he isn't playable. Whether he is an assist, or simply a normal trophy, he made an appearance either way. That is way more than what Brawl did. Yes, Bandana Dee is Love. He might even be Life. But remember in order for us to grow stronger, we must learn how to stand during bad times. We must learn from the Little Mac supporters, not learn from the Geno supports. I wish us luck in the future, go Bandana Dee!

Last edited:
Top Bottom