• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What did you tag me for?

I'm not a thought police. Ridiculous posts aren't against the rules and I won't infract them. Just so you know.
Chandy, you may just want to take a breather, drink some tea, stay calm, okay? OK. Don't get over stressed out, please. :(

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Chandy, you may just want to take a breather, drink some tea, stay calm, okay? OK. Don't get over stressed out, please. :(
Chandeelure Chandeelure haz caso. Really, don't get mad over something so worthless like a game or a character's "likely" chances or whatever, just go back to talk about anything related to Bandana Dee or Kirby THAT DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WITH SMASH, at least that's MORE fun.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's OK, I'm fine now, you are right SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS and AndreaAC AndreaAC , it's just a videogame, I take these things too seriously.
I was about to post something horrible, lol.
Well, I think I will go to sleep, thanks for the advices.

Sorry NintenZ NintenZ , I will not correct you more, you don't have to leave or ignore me.

I think... I will not correct people anymore, I will be more "relaxed".

Just one last thing...the correct word is "haz", not "has", Andrea :awesome:
JK

See you tomorrow.

yxpjZM (1).gif

D

Deleted member

So guys how would you all feel if sakurai work on another Kirby game again?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's OK, I'm fine now, you are right SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS and AndreaAC AndreaAC , it's just a videogame, I take these things too seriously.

Sorry NintenZ NintenZ , I will not correct you more, you don't have to leave or ignore me.

JK

See you tomorrow.

View attachment 77535
xD Hahaha! Well, glad to hear you're fine now, good. Well, goodnight Chandy, take care pal. :)

AndreaAC

JK

See you tomorrow.

View attachment 77535
=u= Tome Lambrusco, que esperabas? no me di cuenta. xD GOOD NIGHT CHANDELURE!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I've wanted him to do that for quite a while... think of all the awesome new copy abilities he would come up with! I mean, last time he worked on a main series Kirby was super star (I think), and back then we got Mirror, Yo-yo, Bomb, Ninja, Fighter... some of the best abilities in the series. Not to mention, that was the first time each ability had multiple moves. Kirby could definitely use that Sakurai touch again.

Not that there's anything wrong with it as is, of course... just might be refreshing to see how he could shake it up.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm interested to see where he'd take the series, but I'm afraid that some of the things HAL has introduced in the series might be removed.

...I can't say I'm too keen on that prospect.

:231:

So, question of the day: What's everyone's thoughts on Kirby and the Amazing Mirror?
Don't own it, but tried it on emulator (don't hate me, I couldn't find it from shops, it wasn't in VC yet, and I wanted to try it). I didn't like it, after just few levels I got lost and didn't know where to go, eventually I gave up and haven't played it since.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Kirby with varying degrees of "intensity", insanely difficult challenge walls, ten million different ability customisations and borderline-inappropriate dialogue?

I'd be okay with that~ ;3

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Seems as though I missed a large debate. Don't worry, other than this mention, I won't bring it back up. As for my opinion on Amazing Mirror, it was pretty good. I played it on an emulator on my laptop which was a bad decision, the controls sucked and I think that somewhat coloured my opinion of the game. For example, Mega Titan and the Dark Mind section where the ground is icy were painful. Dark Meta Knight was also irritating, but that was mainly due to his unpredictable tornadoes (were they fast unescapable, or slow dodgable)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

JK

See you tomorrow.

View attachment 77535
Chandy, I'm sorry about how I've been acting I haven't been myself lately, please understand that there's alot of stress going on with moving, school, etc. So from now on I'm gonna turn over a new leaf.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Kirby with varying degrees of "intensity", insanely difficult challenge walls, ten million different ability customisations and borderline-inappropriate dialogue?

I'd be okay with that~ ;3
Kirby Super Star Uprising? I'd be all down for that.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Daisy is not put in main series games because there can only be one damsel in distress and Peach is always going to be that one. See, if Mario was a 1 player game and not 2 or 4 Luigi would be in the same boat as her. He would only be in Spin-offs and would fall victim to the same thing that Nintendo is doing to Daisy. Toad is extremely unlikely for Smash and he certainly isn't going to be in before Daisy. Toads may have different abilities but 1 Toad only has 1 special ability. Also Toad has nothing that is really him, if that makes any sense. The only thing he has is Captain Toad and that is still very limited. Daisy's only not in main series games because of limited character slots in Mario games.
Your argument fell to pieces at "character slots." There are no such thing as character slots. I don't know who came up with that trope, but they need to be shot. Mario is the largest video game franchise in the world. If Daisy was important as you're making her out to be, she'd find her way into a main game. Even if the character slot bull**** was real, Donkey Kong originated as a Mario character, but people actually cared about him and decided he wasn't just orange tomboy Peach and gave him his own series. People found Yoshi interesting, interesting enough to warrant a series. Daisy, was a one-off character that someone to wanted to bring back, but who wasn't relevant enough to be put in a main game. The fourth most important Mario character has infinitely better chances than Luigi's side chick that nobody actually cares about.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Your argument fell to pieces at "character slots." There are no such thing as character slots. I don't know who came up with that trope, but they need to be shot. Mario is the largest video game franchise in the world. If Daisy was important as you're making her out to be, she'd find her way into a main game. Even if the character slot bull**** was real, Donkey Kong originated as a Mario character, but people actually cared about him and decided he wasn't just orange tomboy Peach and gave him his own series. People found Yoshi interesting, interesting enough to warrant a series. Daisy, was a one-off character that someone to wanted to bring back, but who wasn't relevant enough to be put in a main game. The fourth most important Mario character has infinitely better chances than Luigi's side chick that nobody actually cares about.
We need to stop, this is a Kirby thread, not a Mario one.

Furret24

Smash Master
I'd greatly appreciate it if we could this Daisy discussion to the Daisy thread instead.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yeah; ENOUGH of the arguments already, guys. Let's go back to Bandana Dee discussion before we start going off-topic again over an unneeded and pointless argument in here. We don't want this thread to get shut down, now do we?

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Yeah; ENOUGH of the arguments already, guys. Let's go back to Bandana Dee discussion before we start going off-topic again over an unneeded and pointless argument in here. We don't want this thread to get shut down, now do we?
The argument isn't pointless, but it should be in the Daisy thread.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Are you serious?

This argument is unacceptable either bring this to a PM or stop.

This is also off-topic so stop.

EDIT:

This argument shouldn't exist period.

Don't bring an argument to any thread because of one person

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The argument isn't pointless, but it should be in the Daisy thread.
I say pointless because it's outstayed its welcome on a thread where it shouldn't be and has already caused enough trouble as is. That's all.

Regardless, let's talk about Bandana Dee, shall we?

Do you expect to see a model tease of our little hero, or will we see him as some sort of hint?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I feel guilty now for not being able to get myself to stay up late enough, I felt like something bad was going to happen, but I still slept anyway, then, lo and behold bad stuff happened and felt bad that I couldn't help calm it down. And now it's starting up again, so I feel even more guilty. For the sake of the thread though, please, please stop. If you guys really want to continue this debate, take it to the DLC character discussion thread since it's between 2 characters but tone it down a notch, or if you need to be aggressive for some reason, take it to PMs.
But, please, whatever you do, stop this argument in this thread, please. Thanks.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Do you expect to see a model tease of our little hero, or will we see him as some sort of hint?
Judging by how overly secretive Nintendo's being about Smash announcements (that Mario Maker announcement came out of the blue), I'd say none at all.

Furret24

Smash Master
GhostlyLure GhostlyLure did you get into Steven Universe or something? You just changed your profile pic to one of it's characters (I don't remember which).

I know it's not my call, but I prefer your old profile pic.

I say pointless because it's outstayed its welcome on a thread where it shouldn't be and has already caused enough trouble as is. That's all.

Regardless, let's talk about Bandana Dee, shall we?

Unfortunately, we won't most likely get any hint.

I feel guilty now for not being able to get myself to stay up late enough, I felt like something bad was going to happen, but I still slept anyway, then, lo and behold bad stuff happened and felt bad that I couldn't help calm it down. And now it's starting up again, so I feel even more guilty. For the sake of the thread though, please, please stop. If you guys really want to continue this debate, take it to the DLC character discussion thread since it's between 2 characters but tone it down a notch, or if you need to be aggressive for some reason, take it to PMs.
But, please, whatever you do, stop this argument in this thread, please. Thanks.
You did not start the argument, Wiimas started it by claiming that Daisy is better choice than Toad or something like that.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Nintendo accidentally leaked Shovel Knight under Smash Bros. amiibo listing. No...NO...IT BETTER NOT BE TRUE.

Anyway, BD seems like he could be the next Smashified. I know it's a little late, but it would still be awesome to see it happen.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Nintendo accidentally leaked Shovel Knight under Smash Bros. amiibo listing. No...NO...IT BETTER NOT BE TRUE.

Anyway, BD seems like he could be the next Smashified. I know it's a little late, but it would still be awesome to see it happen.
It's not. Mega Yarn Yoshi and all those other amiibos are there

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
GhostlyLure GhostlyLure did you get into Steven Universe or something? You just changed your profile pic to one of it's characters (I don't remember which).

I know it's not my call, but I prefer your old profile pic.
WHAT, YOU DON'T WATCH STEVEN UNIVERSE!? (Don't mean to get off topic but still)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hi, just gonna copy this here:

o - Saturday 10:19 PM
> However, earlier today I was playing Air Ride to get ideas for the project and realized something really weird

o - Saturday 10:20 PM
> In Fantasy Meadows, it shares a ton of background elements with Cookie Country

> It has the exact same wooden windmill and the exact same waterfall formation

> Just with different colors and slightly changed models to make them differ enough

o - Saturday 10:21 PM
> Considering that this exists and how similar the environment tilesets are with Air Ride

> along with both Air Ride and Return to Dreamland having incredibly long development cycles

> AND RtDL was supposed to be on the Gamecube, where Air Ride was released

o - Saturday 10:22 PM
> I wonder if RtDL elements are directly inspired from Air Ride

o - Saturday 10:24 PM
> https://youtu.be/VpKBVmn1nm8

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Don't freak out - it's Nintendo of America's Amiibo site, which is frequently riddled with errors. They've previously claimed that the Amiibo Cards won't work with Amiibo Tap, and that the Anniversary Mario Amiibo only work with Super Mario Maker, for example, which are both incorrect claims.

Moreover, it was listing the Chibi-Robo Amiibo there at one point, as well. According to an article published on September 30th, Chibi-Robo's creators haven't even been asked about Smash, which rules that out;

Tanabe also seems open to the idea of Chibi-Robo popping up in Smash Bros....

"If we receive an offer, we'll think about it."
Considering that this has happened twice in recent times, I doubt that this is any more than yet another error on a site filled with them. ;)

It's not. Mega Yarn Yoshi and all those other amiibos are there
Actually, for all of the rest of what's wrong with the page (and for all of the Smash Amiibo that are missing), this is actually right! As long as an Amiibo-compatible game supports a particular character, any Amiibo of that character will work with it, regardless of what series that Amiibo is from. For example, my Super Mario Series Luigi, Pink Yarn Yoshi, and Anniversary Mario Amiibo all have Smash Figure Player AIs on them (the Amiibo link in my signature shows screenshots alongside photographs to demonstrate this - look for SuperLuigi, Pink Yoshi, and Super Mary :laugh:).

They very likely are. If they had assets lined up, there would have been little point in dropping them when they could still be used.

Brilliant find, seriously! I really like that. :grin:

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Random question:
What do you think Bandana Dee's trailer will be? Here's my version:
It starts with Kirby visiting Castle Dedede, to say hi to the King. Soon after Kirby arrives though, either a laser or a shot from a blunderbuss crashes through the wall, barely missing Kirby. Dedede falls off his throne and flat on his face while Kirby looks towards the intruder. They step through the shadows and...It's either King K.Rool or Wolf. They battle, but Kirby and Dedede are at a disadvantage. Meta Knight then appears and helps them battle. Then it switches to gameplay.
After a bit of gameplay, the Kirby characters are lying on the floor, injured. Wolf/K.Rool runs up to deliver one finishing blow...But a spear flies to the ground, stopping them.
ENTER BANDANA DEE!
And then it goes back to gameplay, this time with BDee.
After the gameplay, Wolf/K.Rool crash into the wall and fall to the floor, defeated, with the Kirby characters taking a breather after the fight. Bandana Dee turns around and looks at Dedede. He walks up to the penguin, looks at him for a second, then jumps up to hug him.
The end.
Edit: I mispelled Meta Knight as Meta Knoght.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Hi, just gonna copy this here:

o - Saturday 10:19 PM
> However, earlier today I was playing Air Ride to get ideas for the project and realized something really weird

> In Fantasy Meadows, it shares a ton of background elements with Cookie Country

> It has the exact same wooden windmill and the exact same waterfall formation

> Just with different colors and slightly changed models to make them differ enough

> Considering that this exists and how similar the environment tilesets are with Air Ride

> along with both Air Ride and Return to Dreamland having incredibly long development cycles

> AND RtDL was supposed to be on the Gamecube, where Air Ride was released

o - Saturday 10:24 PM
> https://youtu.be/VpKBVmn1nm8
o.o Oh! A question, do you think it is possible to "extract" or "rip" the elements that are from the Light curse of Top Ride

(The space background and stuff)

And the whale from Frozen Hillside? I may be getting a little bit confused of what is possible or not.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
So today is my B-Day! The only game-related thing I got is an Ike amiibo (from my "rich" brother) which I have already used in Code Name STEAM. I named him Lark, after my fantasy RPG Persona.

Top Bottom