• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I suspect an update/direct will be among us soon enough. My predictions are sometime next week for at least some sort of notification about upcoming content (favorably on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday). By then, I suspect we'll see a Deestracting announcement for our daily routines. :3

Furret24

Smash Master
Well guys; I suspect an update/direct will be among us soon enough. My predictions are sometime next week for at least some sort of notification about upcoming content (favorably on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday). By then, I suspect we'll see a Deestracting announcement for our daily routines. :3
Let's hope you're right.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Not really. Daisy is a character relegated to sports titles because nobody gives enough of a **** about her to put her in a main title. Considering how many Toads have appeared over the years and how many abilities they've shown, saying Toad has no moveset potential is downright foolish.
Daisy is not put in main series games because there can only be one damsel in distress and Peach is always going to be that one. See, if Mario was a 1 player game and not 2 or 4 Luigi would be in the same boat as her. He would only be in Spin-offs and would fall victim to the same thing that Nintendo is doing to Daisy. Toad is extremely unlikely for Smash and he certainly isn't going to be in before Daisy. Toads may have different abilities but 1 Toad only has 1 special ability. Also Toad has nothing that is really him, if that makes any sense. The only thing he has is Captain Toad and that is still very limited. Daisy's only not in main series games because of limited character slots in Mario games.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Daisy is not put in main series games because there can only be one damsel in distress and Peach is always going to be that one. See, if Mario was a 1 player game and not 2 or 4 Luigi would be in the same boat as her. He would only be in Spin-offs and would fall victim to the same thing that Nintendo is doing to Daisy. Toad is extremely unlikely for Smash and he certainly isn't going to be in before Daisy. Toads may have different abilities but 1 Toad only has 1 special ability. Also Toad has nothing that is really him, if that makes any sense. The only thing he has is Captain Toad and that is still very limited. Daisy's only not in main series games because of limited character slots in Mario games.
That doesn't means she's relevant. No matter the reason, Daisy is only in the spinoffs. Luigi could have only been in the spinoffs, but he isn't. If he was, I doubt he would have been in Smash 64. Toad is much more important, as he is in the main series games. I think that Toad will get in before Daisy, but honestly I could do without either.

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't means she's relevant. No matter the reason, Daisy is only in the spinoffs. Luigi could have only been in the spinoffs, but he isn't. If he was, I doubt he would have been in Smash 64. Toad is much more important, as he is in the main series games. I think that Toad will get in before Daisy, but honestly I could do without either.
Relevance doesn't matter. No one brought that up so I don't know where you pulled relevance from. Also, just because Toad is in the game that does mean anything. He doesn't have a big enough role. All he does is notify Mario that the princess is in another castle and that's it. With your extremely incorrect argument that means Goombas have a pretty good chance. Please think about what you write before you post it.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Relevance doesn't matter. No one brought that up so I don't know where you pulled relevance from. Also, just because Toad is in the game that does mean anything. He doesn't have a big enough role. All he does is notify Mario that the princess is in another castle and that's it. With your extremely incorrect argument that means Goombas have a pretty good chance. Please think about what you write before you post it.
I'm not even going to show the obvious flaws with your argument.

Um...topic...

You guys think Sword Doo from the Anime would be Dee's partner in a Bandana Dee-centric game?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Random sketch time! Today, crownless Dedede;

Being a Little Blue Penguin, Dedede has no markings on his face or head, which is something completely unique to this type of penguin (the same goes for the hooked beak in males, the forward-leaning run, and the diminutive stature). This also means that he looks really plain without his crown. :p

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Random sketch time! Today, crownless Dedede;

Being a Little Blue Penguin, Dedede has no markings on his face or head, which is something completely unique to this type of penguin (the same goes for the hooked beak in males, the forward-leaning run, and the diminutive stature). This also means that he looks really plain without his crown. :p
Huh, those are some cute little head springs.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
I'm not even going to show the obvious flaws with your argument.

Um...topic...

You guys think Sword Doo from the Anime would be Dee's partner in a Bandana Dee-centric game?
Because you can't. The only thing you have is Relevance that doesn't matter like I said earlier. Shulk wasn't very popular at all in America until Smash was released. A lot of characters in Smash weren't very popular either until Smash. Stop bringing up an invalid claim.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Because you can't. The only thing you have is Relevance that doesn't matter like I said earlier. Shulk wasn't very popular at all until Smash was released. A lot of characters in Smash weren't very popular either until Smash. Stop bringing up an invalid claim.
Shulk was one of the most wanted characters in Japan before he was leaked...

Furret24

Smash Master
This is almost funny.

Back Banana Whittle Dew though.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Your arguments are bad and you should feel bad.
If Daisy is so cool and strong like her fans say, she would have another role, not just a damsel in distress, like Rosalina.
Also, did you seriously say that Luigi would be like Daisy without the two players option in Mario games? Luigi's Mansion says hi.
Toad is more important to the Mario series than Daisy, that's why Toads are playable in the main games, that's why Nintendo created Captain Toad and the Toad brigade and that's why Toad is the only Mario character not in Smash that has an amiibo at the moment.
You saying that Toad doesn't have moveset potential is funny, because Daisy has even less, all the Daisy movesets are lame, they just include random sports things, even when literally all the Mario characters like sports, seriously, the movesets include that Crystal Smash thing from Mario Strikers, that's so random it hurts, I don't see Peach growing wings and attacking with soccer balls in Smash. The other movesets include some flower abilities because Daisy, well, I say Toad has mushroom abilities, GG.
Daisy is just a filler character in spin-offs, even characters like Toadette or Birdo make more sense because they have roles in not spin-off games, like the RPG Mario games, Captain Rainbow and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Supporters like you are the the reason why Daisy is so hated.
Pure bias and ignorance.

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Because you can't. The only thing you have is Relevance that doesn't matter like I said earlier. Shulk wasn't very popular at all in America until Smash was released. A lot of characters in Smash weren't very popular either until Smash. Stop bringing up an invalid claim.
If Daisy is so cool and strong like her fans say, she would have another role, not just a damsel in distress, like Rosalina.
Also, did you seriously say that Luigi would be like Daisy without the two players option in Mario games? Luigi's Mansion says hi.
Toad is more important to the Mario series than Daisy, that's why Toads are playable in the main games, that's why Nintendo created Captain Toad and the Toad brigade and that's why Toad is the only Mario character not in Smash that has an amiibo at the moment.
You saying that Toad doesn't have moveset potential is funny, because Daisy has even less, all the Daisy movesets are lame, they just include random sports things, even when literally all the Mario characters like sports, seriously, the movesets include that Crystal Smash thing from Mario Strikers, that's so random it hurts, I don't see Peach growing wings and attacking with soccer balls in Smash. The other movesets include some flower abilities because Daisy, well, I say Toad has mushroom abilities, GG.
Daisy is just a filler character in spin-offs, even characters like Toadette or Birdo make more sense because they have roles in not spin-off games, like the RPG Mario games, Captain Rainbow and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Pure bias and ignorance.
Ok guys let's be friends now and talk about the Dee.

Okay?

Okay.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't even know what are you talking about.

Relevance doesn't mean popularity.
Daisy is not relevant to the Mario series, she is just a filler, and her popularity is mediocre.
Shulk is literally the most important character in Xenoblade and he was one of the most wanted characters in Japan AND America, specially after the Gematsu leak.

Now, stop posting, please, I just hate ridiculous posts.

FalKoopa FalKoopa

Ok guys let's talk about the Dee.

Okay?

Okay.
tumblr_mgyey9FysR1ret622o1_250.png

OK.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Hello, Bandana Dee supporters! I was thinking about Smash Bros 64 and I remembered that Jigglypuff got her moves from Kirby. Now, what I'm wondering is why Jigglypuff was chosen as a Kirby clone rather than Bandana or Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hello, Bandana Dee supporters! I was thinking about Smash Bros 64 and I remembered that Jigglypuff got her moves from Kirby. Now, what I'm wondering is why Jigglypuff was chosen as a Kirby clone rather than Bandana or Waddle Dee.
Because choosing a minor character (at that point in time) over a semi-popular Pokemon that appeared on the anime quite a bit is kinda dumb. Also that minor character (at that point) would've been in before King Dedede and Meta Knight which is also kinda dumb. Also Jigglypuff wasn't a clone of Kirby. She has a similar body shape which made it easier for them to squeeze her into the game.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Because Jigglypuff was really popular, Bandana Dee wasn't important and normal Waddle Dees are just generic and weak enemies.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice

I didn't say she was so strong and cool. Others said that. Toad is only more important than Daisy because he shows up more. But why? Nintendo pushes her to the side for no reason. Even before she had any personality she was never put in a main series game again. This could be her chance to come back. Also, that's the worst argument ever about the movesets. You're calling a character's moves dumb before she's even confirmed. You can't judge something you've never seen. People are just making some dumb speculations. Nintendo would be able to come up with some better ideas. Daisy's moveset would be based upon an interest she has plants. Plants is a big topic that has a lot of things in it. She can use flowers, Trees, Fruits, Vegetables, etc. But with Toad they can only base his set on 1 game where he uses turnips to fight.

Also, after i'm done replying to a couple more people i'm done talking about Daisy on a Kirby thread. I wasn't the one who started this.

Furret24

Smash Master
Ok, I've got to ask, why all the funny random names for BWD? :laugh:
I wanted to make a random and crazy nickname for Bandana Dee to bring up at the most inappropriate (and appropriate) times possible. I listed off words that sounded like the words in Bandana Waddle Dee's name, and I got Banana Whittle Dew.

Not the most glamorous of names, but it gets the job done. :p

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
You do know Nintendo's market they appeal to first is Japan right. And Shulk being somewhat popular in the west only helped his inclusion.
Yeah, but that's not the point i'm trying to make. I'm trying to say Shulk got more popular after sm4sh.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I didn't say she was so strong and cool. Others said that. Toad is only more important than Daisy because he shows up more. But why? Nintendo pushes her to the side for no reason. Even before she had any personality she was never put in a main series game again. This could be her chance to come back. Also, that's the worst argument ever about the movesets. You're calling a character's moves dumb before she's even confirmed. You can't judge something you've never seen. People are just making some dumb speculations. Nintendo would be able to come up with some better ideas. Daisy's moveset would be based upon an interest she has plants. Plants is a big topic that has a lot of things in it. She can use flowers, Trees, Fruits, Vegetables, etc. But with Toad they can only base his set on 1 game where he uses turnips to fight.

Also, after i'm done replying to a couple more people i'm done talking about Daisy on a Kirby thread. I wasn't the one who started this.
Just get out, please.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Wiimas123 Wiimas123
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but please either

A) Leave so we can stop arguing and get back to talking about the Dee.
or B) Start talking about the Dee so we can stop arguing and get back to talking about the Dee.

Everyone, including me, we were a bit mean to him/her. We may not agree about the whole Daisy/Toad thing, but that doesn't mean we start getting hostile.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've got two more sketches, to try to get the thread back to its usual light mood. ;)

This one, "Not all Royals are Pretty in Pink", was part of a bit of fun over in the Daisy thread. I liked the idea of the two atypical royals goofing around and going against the prissy stereotypes often directed at fictional royalty - it's meant to have a spur-of-the-moment Polaroid snapshot sort of vibe to it.

And for this one, I just wanted to draw my two top ballot picks, so here's King K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee together. K. Rool is looking rather annoyed that Bandana Dee has pinched his crown. I haven't properly drawn K. Rool in aeons, so I'm actually really pleased with this.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Everyone, including me, we were a bit mean to him/her. We may not agree about the whole Daisy/Toad thing, but that doesn't mean we start getting hostile.
I wouldn't say we were mean, but deerailing the thread this way isn't really something I'm a fan of (Wiimas123 was wrong about some stuff though, and we did get a little overzealous).

Back to dee Dee,

Here's a list of dee "Dee" puns we've made so far.

Deelighted
Deespicable
Deedeeedee
DeeLC
Deesgusted
Dee

And about 20000000 more Dee puns.
Make all you can! Can we reach 100 puns?

Only 93 left!

Edit: Autocorrect makes dee "Dee" puns annoying to write.

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Here's a list of dee "Dee" puns we've made so far.

Deelighted
Deespicable
Deedeeedee
DeeLC
Deesgusted
Dee

And about 20000000 more Dee puns.
Make all you can! Can we reach 100 puns?

Only 94 left!

Deefeat
Deepressing

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I've got two more sketches, to try to get the thread back to its usual light mood. ;)

This one, "Not all Royals are Pretty in Pink", was part of a bit of fun over in the Daisy thread. I liked the idea of the two atypical royals goofing around and going against the prissy stereotypes often directed at fictional royalty - it's meant to have a spur-of-the-moment Polaroid snapshot sort of vibe to it.

And for this one, I just wanted to draw my two top ballot picks, so here's King K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee together. K. Rool is looking rather annoyed that Bandana Dee has pinched his crown. I haven't properly drawn K. Rool in aeons, so I'm actually really pleased with this.
Nice King K Rool and BDee. =u= I really like it.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't even know what are you talking about.

Relevance doesn't mean popularity.
Daisy is not relevant to the Mario series, she is just a filler, and her popularity is mediocre.
Shulk is literally the most important character in Xenoblade and he was one of the most wanted characters in Japan AND America, specially after the Gematsu leak.

Now, stop posting, please, I just hate ridiculous posts.

FalKoopa FalKoopa
What did you tag me for?

I'm not a thought police. Ridiculous posts aren't against the rules and I won't infract them. Just so you know.

Top Bottom