• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I don't get it.
There was this Smashboards user I came across (Named "Elite Smasher") that claimed that Smash 4 is balanced to the point where the Victor is decided by skill alone (Which is obviously not true). When people told him he was wrong, he acted like he was a Smash expert, despite saying he had never been in a tournament before. He ended up making up phrases like Smashsonion skills.

Furret24

Smash Master
There was this Smashboards user I came across (Named "Elite Smasher") that claimed that Smash 4 is balanced to the point where the Victor is decided by skill alone (Which is obviously not true). When people told him he was wrong, he acted like he was a Smash expert, despite saying he had never been in a tournament before. He ended up making up phrases like Smashsonion skills.
You mean the guy who thought :4sheik: and :4zelda: are equally good, just play differently?

That was funny.
Your joke was rat crap though.
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You know @RetroJake I find it really interesting how you don't support Bandana Dee and come here anyway (I mean this in a positive way) It's nice to see even though you don't agree with our character choice you don't choose to shut us out and ignore us as apart of the Smash community so I wanted to formally say Thank You for being apart of the thread

I should have pm'ed him this :p well I guess everyone else can see it

Last edited:

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
Well, if annnny of you are concerned, im going to go online today on Wii u FG named BWD4Smash! and ill be playing as both orange (or red) kirby, and Green Dedede (with the Dees on it) so if you see me, stay for a couple matches and look at my flawed kirby and dedede!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I was more or less pointing out that Shovel Knight hasn't been released in Japan, yet D-man wants to point out a flaw of Isaac's sub-par popularity in Japan. If both characters are popular in the west, then they're both popular in the west. You can't hold one character's popularity (Or lack of) in Japan against them, then not apply that same logic to the other.

Also, I highly doubt that BD is the one being referenced in that supposed "leak". Too many possibilities to even narrow it down.
I did three hours of research, and found him as one of two results next to a Splatoon character, in that time I looked at some polls and fan responses to check their popularity, looked up extra information about the "leakers", and even contacted Roger on his veiwpoint of Bandana Dee, in which he responded (Unedited), "He's pretty cute, so yeah, I'd love to see him in Smash Bros!" I also did a lot more things, such as picking and selecting characters from the fan polls and eliminating them until I found the best matches.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Isaac is higher voted than king K Rool AND Bandana Dee? Can you believe that I don't believe this?
I can believe it - you just have to bear in mind that these polls were squarely directed at a very focussed fanbase, which itself consists of numerous other very focussed fanbases. Here, give this a read - it's got some good insight on that sort of thing.

For over 430 results, 16th isn't bad. Also, 4th in (I'm assuming) the newcomers poll. That's really good.
Yeah, I smiled to see it. Pretty good stuff! :grin:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
4th in Japan and 16th in America? Pretty Good...

Honestly, with them only adding 1 new slot, I feel like we are going to be getting 3 new characters like with the last DLC. We will probably get more in the future, but I feel like they are going to start with 3. My predictions? Honestly? I expect Wolf, KingKRool, and Shovel Knight... :/

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
4th in Japan and 16th in America? Pretty Good...

Honestly, with them only adding 1 new slot, I feel like we are going to be getting 3 new characters like with the last DLC. We will probably get more in the future, but I feel like they are going to start with 3. My predictions? Honestly? I expect Wolf, KingKRool, and Shovel Knight... :/
I'm expecting 4 characters, Wolf, K. Rool/Dixie (Only one of them, not sure which of them though), Isaac and Mr. Jinx. If it ends up being 3, then Wolf, K.Rool/Dixie, and Isaac or Mr. Jinx.

For those wondering who Mr. Jinx is, I'm a person with very bad luck and I'm worried if I say who a certain character is on my prediction, I legitimately feel like I could end up jinxing their chances, so I'm just referring to the character as "Mr. Jinx" on any prediction so as to not ruin their chances. I'll only feel comfortable spilling who it is after the characters are chosen, not that anyone would be interested by then :laugh:.
I guess this means that I really am overly paranoid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How would you feel if Bandana dee was a boss but with his spear in the next Kirby game?
PD: I can't just don't see your signature... Is... I don't know... But I like it xD
huh? are you asking who it is or can you not see it?

The girl in my Signature and Profile pic is Nui Harime from Kill La Kill, But if you can't see it i don't know why.
A Kirby series without Meta Knight o.o
>tfw Meta Knight wasn't in the Dark Matter Trilogy.
I'm expecting 4 characters, Wolf, K. Rool/Dixie (Only one of them, not sure which of them though), Isaac and Mr. Jinx. If it ends up being 3, then Wolf, K.Rool/Dixie, and Isaac or Mr. Jinx.

For those wondering who Mr. Jinx is, I'm a person with very bad luck and I'm worried if I say who a certain character is on my prediction, I legitimately feel like I could end up jinxing their chances, so I'm just referring to the character as "Mr. Jinx" on any prediction so as to not ruin their chances. I'll only feel comfortable spilling who it is after the characters are chosen, not that anyone would be interested by then :laugh:.
I guess this means that I really am overly paranoid.
But what if you call him that he is even more likely to get jinxed?

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 's polls actually has a really weird way of listing the top contenders.

It bases it not on the number of, say, 4's or 5's (generally meaning someone wants the character in), but rather the average of all of the numbered votes.

This means if you have a hate brigade (see BWD, Krystal and Dixie's votes), you could place lower than characters who have less support than you. This is pretty apparent as Bandanna got ~1800 votes while characters above him (and of those due to being in Group 4, which naturally would yield less attention than Group 1) got only 1200.
--------
The results really should have been split into separate polls. A couple of examples I made:

The total of 4-5's or 3-5's of a character (I assume 3 to be neutral aka open to the idea of the character) **BEST CHOICE**

The ratio of said numbers (a method similar to BluePikmin's method but not as punishing to characters that have a lot of 3's along with the 2's and 1's)

The ratio of the 1 and 2's of a character to the total number of votes for a character (a side poll showing how divided the support for a character)

The total number of 5's of a character

Last edited:
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 's polls actually has a really weird way of listing the top contenders.

It bases it not on the number of, say, 4's or 5's (generally meaning someone wants the character in), but rather the average of all of the numbered votes.

This means if you have a hate brigade (see K Rool, BWD, Krystal and Dixie's votes), you could place lower than characters who have less support than you. This is pretty apparent as Bandanna got ~1800 votes while characters above him (and of those due to being in Group 4, which naturally would yield less attention than Group 1) got only 1200.

The results really should have been split into separate polls. A couple of examples I made:

The total of 4-5's or 3-5's of a character (I assume 3 to be neutral aka open to the idea of the character) **BEST CHOICE**

The ratio of said numbers (a method similar to BluePikmin's method but not as punishing to characters that have a lot of 3's along with the 2's and 1's)

The ratio of the 1 and 2's of a character to the total number of votes for a character (a side poll showing how divided the support for a character)

The total number of 5's of a character
I agree. The poll would've been more accurate if only the 5s (and maybe 4s) were taken into account.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
1. Inkling [Part 2]
Total Votes: 1345
4-5: 932
3: 218
1-2: 195

5. King K Rool [Part 1]
Total Votes: 1849
4-5: 1138
3: 370
1-2: 341

Inkling Votes over K Rool:
4-5: -206
3: -152
1-2: -146
Total: -504

K Rool pretty much got screwed over by having more votes.

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
I'm going on for glory in a little bit, watch for me guys, tag is going to be BD4SMASH, watch for me, I'm using orange Kirby and green dedede

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'm going on for glory in a little bit, watch for me guys, tag is going to be BD4SMASH, watch for me, I'm using orange Kirby and green dedede

Bandana Dee likes your post.

To show my love for Smash, I made this in art club:

My art is so good.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
The only thing 1.1.2 was ever meant to do was to fix that glitch where Diddy Kong couldn't be grabbed - there's nothing to be disappointed about. :p
I had this small, tiny, miniscule, virtually non-existant hope that there would be more than that. I was wrong though. I guess that was foolish of me.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I had this small, tiny, miniscule, virtually non-existant hope that there would be more than that. I was wrong though. I guess that was foolish of me.
The only real hope there ever was with this one, is that something new might be turned up by data-miners. It is something, at least.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
He tried to tell me that Zelda and Sheik were equal. Do not treat anything whatsoever he says with the slightest bit of seriousness.
smashkirby smashkirby
Old habits die hard. And you don't have to apologize.
Then we would have Bandana Waddle Doo. :p
That sounds like a great idea. A Waddle Doo with a red bandanna to act as Bandanna Dee's rival. I'd be down with that.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Don't know about you guys, but I would love to see other friends/relatives of BDee. Also, I find it odd how Dee was Dedede's servant for one game, yet it is always applied to his character. We have no idea if his appearance in Return and Triple Deluxe was due to King Dedede being a protagonist in those games (when not possessed) and BDee helping him, or if Dee was doing it of his own volition.

Edit: Changed 'love' to 'find it odd', as it may have been difficult to read the slight sarcasm from it.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So.. slow day today?
It would seem so.
But I ordered a Jigglypuff Amiibo today! It should be here by the 13th. If you could only know the joy in my heart right now.

So, interesting piece of trivia. Atsushi Kasaichi also voices Oil Man in Mega Man Powered Up, Gemini in Mega Man Star Force, and Uub in Dragon Ball GT, and Speedy in Teen Titans, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and Young Justice.
image.gif

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I honestly don't know what you all were expecting. We've gotten literally nothing since the announcement of the new president who's name I've already forgotten. We probably won't get an announcement for a few more weeks, if you'll allow me to be pessimistic.

Top Bottom