• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I honestly don't know what you all were expecting. We've gotten literally nothing since the announcement of the new president who's name I've already forgotten. We probably won't get an announcement for a few more weeks, if you'll allow me to be pessimistic.
Pessimistic? I think it's best to prepare for exactly that, to be honest. That way, if anything crops up sooner, it'll be a nice surprise. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

My expectations are lower than the alcohol percentage in non-alchoholic beer.

If we get even a little tease of what's to come, i would be amazed.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
You know RetroBro RetroBro I find it really interesting how you don't support Bandana Dee and come here anyway (I mean this in a positive way) It's nice to see even though you don't agree with our character choice you don't choose to shut us out and ignore us as apart of the Smash community so I wanted to formally say Thank You for being apart of the thread

I should have pm'ed him this :p well I guess everyone else can see it
Well, thank you for including me.

Color me a veteran of the Brawl speculation days that has learned to not put his chips on any character. I've definitely given up any idea that I could possibly know what's going through the mind of Sakurai. So now I float around most threads and like to see what everyone else thinks. This thread is probably the most inviting to respond to and most controversial in my opinion, so there's some interesting conversations to be had. Besides what would a forum be without people who disagree with you.

That being said, I have stated in the past that I think BD has a decent shot at DLC. Just... not as much as the rest of ye.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This is so boring, I want information now.
I hope those rumours about a Direct next week are true.
Oh, goodness, Chandelure, de plano te faltan unas pilas Energizer o Duracell...=u= On the bright side, at least the Ballot is over, I don't think you will have to wait for too long to know the results.

Don't know about you guys, but I would love to see other friends/relatives of BDee. Also, I find it odd how Dee was Dedede's servant for one game, yet it is always applied to his character. We have no idea if his appearance in Return and Triple Deluxe was due to King Dedede being a protagonist in those games (when not possessed) and BDee helping him, or if Dee was doing it of his own volition.

Edit: Changed 'love' to 'find it odd', as it may have been difficult to read the slight sarcasm from it.
What if Error Dee and Ham Dee are actually his brothers? :awesome:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That'd be pretty cool, but I feel like BDee would have to teach them how to speak the Waddle Dee language, which I believe is quack like sounds.
Waddle Dees can speak. Sailor Waddle Dee was talking up a storm, and obviously Bandanna Dee in Ultra talked.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The normal Dedede's in Right Back At Ya didn't speak because it'd be disrespectful to speak when not spoken to in the face of the King. The fact that we see the Waddle Doo commander shows that they are ABLE to, though.

The Sailor Dee and Bandana Dee themselves only furthers this theory.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This is probably the only post today with anything interesting.

Boy, slow week huh?
We're surely all going to be like twitchy lunatics by the time we hear anything. :laugh:

With Waddle Dee's being his servants, he's bound to know the language.
I lean towards there only being one shared language, myself, if I'm honest.

The normal Dedede's in Right Back At Ya didn't speak because it'd be disrespectful to speak when not spoken to in the face of the King. The fact that we see the Waddle Doo commander shows that they are ABLE to, though.

The Sailor Dee and Bandana Dee themselves only furthers this theory.
And, as non-canonical as Kirby's Ghost Trap (Kirby's Avalanche in North America) is, HAL was still involved with it, and that also showed Waddle Dees as capable of speech. Actually, I think it might be the earliest example, since it pre-dates Kirby Super Deluxe (and therefore Sailor Waddle Dee's debut) by a little bit...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think it's safe to assume that all Waddle Dees can speak, but simply choose not to. I mean, what would you really expect them say? It's not like they can go "Heel, toe, heel, toe" as they walk because they kinda don't have either.

Furret24

Smash Master
I think it's safe to assume that all Waddle Dees can speak, but simply choose not to. I mean, what would you really expect them say? It's not like they can go "Heel, toe, heel, toe" as they walk because they kinda don't have either.
So, nearly all Waddle Dees are selectively mute?

That's sounds weird. Let's just pretend they can't talk.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So, nearly all Waddle Dees are selectively mute?

That's sound weird. Let's just pretend they can't talk.
That'd be weirder. Being able to eat but not talk? It's pretty much one in the same, because even though they are obviously an intelligent species, they reall don't have much in the way of ideas to express. There's only so much a creature who does nothing but eat and walk can be thinking about.
Or maybe Waddle Dees are the chattiest sumbitches in all of Pop Star, but they seem silent simply because Kirby can't understand them.

Furret24

Smash Master
That'd be weirder. Being able to eat but not talk? It's pretty much one in the same, because even though they are obviously an intelligent species, they reall don't have much in the way of ideas to express. There's only so much a creature who does nothing but eat and walk can be thinking about.
Or maybe Waddle Dees are the chattiest sumbitches in all of Pop Star, but they seem silent simply because Kirby can't understand them.
Whichever works, I guess. :/

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Or maybe they go silent out of pure terror when he's around, because of his reputation for going on the warpath with little to no provocation. :laugh:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
How exactly did this conversation begin?
Boredom. It does crazy **** to you.
Or maybe they go silent out of pure terror when he's around, because of his reputation for going on the warpath with little to no provocation. :laugh:
That does sound likely, although Waddle Dees don't seem to really give a damn about Kirby. They just continue walking like he isn't even there. Except for Yin-Yarn's fake Waddle Dees.

Furret24

Smash Master
How exactly did this conversation begin?
It started at post #28680, where GhostlyLure talks about RetroJake, who talked about something, which brought us to this topic.

But lets go further. It started Nov 9, 2006. The day RetroJake made his profile on Smashboards. He led us to here.

But lets go even further than that. It started August 27, 1989. The day RetroJake was born.

tl;dr: This all started over 26 years ago. :/

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
28680 - 2006 - 1989 = 6,784. 6 = F, 7 = G, 8 = H, 4 = D. D, _, F, G, H. What letter is missing? E. E is the second letter in Dee and the fifth letter of the alphabet. 5 - 2 = 3. The Ballot was supposed to end on October 3rd. 3 and Dee = 3D. Super Smash Bros. For 3DS. Bandanna Dee confirmed.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That does sound likely, although Waddle Dees don't seem to really give a damn about Kirby. They just continue walking like he isn't even there.
And that's the best thing that they can possibly do around an individual who has been known to beat up innocent people over a slice of cake.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Man, without news this thread is deader than disco. Anyway, are there any characters in Kirby games that you would have rather not existed? If so, who and why?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Man, without news this thread is deader than disco. Anyway, are there any characters in Kirby games that you would have rather not existed? If so, who and why?
Well there is the rumor, but I think that it's been discussed enough.

I have some questions for you guys (Yes,I'm still alive).
1st: Where does :4metaknight: live? On the Halberd? In the forest?
2nd: When seeing fan material of Kirby (fan art, fan comics, fan fiction,etc) what are your pet peeves?
My list​
  • When Dark Meta Knight looks like :4metaknight:'s dark palate swap in Brawl. Has red eyes instead of yellow.
  • When the characters transform into gjinkas: they make :4dedede: skinny, draw :4kirby: wearing a star jacket (so original...), make characters like Magolor and Taranza have white skin (even though in canon, they both have dark skin).
  • Marx having one blue eye and one red eye, when he has purple eyes.
  • People who think that :4kirby: and :4metaknight: are Star Warriors and created by Nightmare. (Would I be a hypocrite since sometimes I call Kirby, Warrior of the Stars?)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
There is no merchandise news today. Sorry chaps.

But...

Today, I saw an English-language character bento book that features Kirby on the cover.

Sadly, it seems to have been out-of-print for years.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
1st: Where does :4metaknight: live? On the Halberd, in the forest?
2nd: When seeing fan material of Kirby (fan art, fan comics, fan fiction,etc) what are your pet peeves?
My list​
  • When Dark Meta Knight looks like :4metaknight:'s dark palate swap in Brawl. Has red eyes instead of yellow.
  • When the characters transform into gjinkas: they make :4dedede: skinny, draw :4kirby: wearing a star jacket (so original...), make characters like Magolor and Taranza have white skin (even though in canon, they both have dark skin).
  • People who think that :4kirby: and :4metaknight: are Star Warriors and created by Nightmare. (Would I be a hypocrite since sometimes I call Kirby, Warrior of the Stars?)
That first one is definitely applicable to me. They even do it with Shadow Kirby. Like this:

Sources: Image 1:http://orig07.deviantart.net/926e/f...d_shadow_kirby_by_spookythedragon-d6vgyxu.png
Image 2: http://t05.deviantart.net/1std1ffhd..._and_normal_by_ask_puffball_kirby-d81qzky.png
Note: There are more results but I posted some of the more... innocuous of them.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
1st: Where does :4metaknight: live? On the Halberd? In the forest?
My list​
Hm, I say it's the Halberd, maybe? I mean, it is giantic after all.

o-o Pet peeve means that it bothers me or something? if it is that:
  1. The Gijinkas that make Kirby a/look like a girl just because he's pink. (it happens most of the time)
  2. When they draw Maskless Galacta Knight with the horns being part of his head instead of the mask, because it makes things pretty confusing for me, that's why I asked that weeks ago, but gladly that Chandeelure Chandeelure cleared my doubts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom