• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So... this rumour is a thing. Anyway, there was kind of a sequel to Super Star. It was Squeak Squad, however, that is only known by the crashed Halberd in the Secret Sea, there because of Kirby.

If you guys had to say a time line of the main Kirby games what do you think it would be? Here's what I think:

Kirby's Dream Land (KDL) > KDL 2 > KDL 3 > Kirby 64 > Kirby's Adventure/NiDL > Super Star/SS Ultra > Mirror > Squeak Squad > Epic Yarn > Mass Attack > Canvas Curse > Rainbow Curse > Return to Dream Land > Triple Deluxe.

Out of all of them, I think Epic Yarn was the hardest to place.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The leak is engulfing every thread I visit.

:231:
I'm guessing that that might be because there are several characters that you could feasibly apply the vague hints to. :laugh:

If you guys had to say a time line of the main Kirby games what do you think it would be? Here's what I think:

Kirby's Dream Land (KDL) > KDL 2 > KDL 3 > Kirby 64 > Kirby's Adventure/NiDL > Super Star/SS Ultra > Mirror > Squeak Squad > Epic Yarn > Mass Attack > Canvas Curse > Rainbow Curse > Return to Dream Land > Triple Deluxe.

For me, it's just more-or-less just the release order (a handful of references to contemporary things over the years backs me up on this :laugh:), with some slight oddness thrown up by Kirby Super Deluxe and Kirby Super Star Ultra both featuring remakes (the former featuring a watered-down remake of Kirby's Dream Land, and the latter featuring a remake of Kirby's Dream Land's Extra Game mode), of sorts. But that doesn't really change anything. :p

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
So... this rumour is a thing. Anyway, there was kind of a sequel to Super Star. It was Squeak Squad, however, that is only known by the crashed Halberd in the Secret Sea, there because of Kirby.

Kirby's Dream Land (KDL) > Kirby's Adventure/NiDL > KDL 2 > KDL 3 > Kirby 64 >Super Star/SS Ultra > Squeak Squad >Mirror > Epic Yarn > Mass Attack > Canvas Curse > Rainbow Curse > Return to Dream Land > Triple Deluxe.

EDIT: Man, The thread is slower than usual today............

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I've done research and I think I've found two matches as to who the new character could be...

Bandana Dee and Splatoon (Could be any character really, Inkling, Callie and Marie, or Agent 3) they do both seem to fit the criteria for the rumor, not to mention in the Sourcegaming poll they were right next to each other, with Bandana Dee only being slightly higher than Splatoon, so I honestly think it could go either way.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I don't think that counts as research XD

I know you are very passionate and want Bandana Dee as bad as we all do but if this leak doesn't turn out to be real/if this character isn't Bandana Dee don't be too surprised.

It's probably inkling anyways because people loose thier cabooses over Splatoon.

Well to be honest I've been in school all day so I represent the west coast on that part even then I'm on the bus right now.

In other news when do you guys think Bandana Dee will be getting another major role and what do you think it'll be?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I know you are very passionate and want Bandana Dee as bad as we all do but if this leak doesn't turn out to be real/if this character isn't Bandana Dee don't be too surprised.

It's probably inkling anyways because people loose thier cabooses over Splatoon.

Well to be honest I've been in school all day so I represent the west coast on that part even then I'm on the bus right now.

In other news when do you guys think Bandana Dee will be getting another major role?
Research means to look up information, that's what I did, looked up information for a few hours to see what characters match the description. Also, please don't be a Debby Downer.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero

In other news when do you guys think Bandana Dee will be getting another major role and what do you think it'll be?
Next Kirby game. He's had a major role in every main Kirby game since Return and he has appeared in every main Kirby game since Mass Attack.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
GhostlyLure GhostlyLure I see how you could be in denial, but please be a bit more positve, and please don't say things unless they're true. It'd help us alot! :)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
GhostlyLure GhostlyLure I see how you could be in denial, but please be a bit more positve, and please don't say things unless they're true.
I think you may want to follow your own advice.

Not being mean, I just think it's a good idea to temper your expectations. There's really no indication that the rumour is valid, nor that the character in question is Bandana Dee.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think you may want to follow your own advice.

Not being mean, I just think it's a good idea to temper your expectations. There's really no indication that the rumour is valid, nor that the character in question is Bandana Dee.
It could also be Splatoon, as I did state previously stated. And I did say "Might" as in maybe. ;)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It could also be Splatoon, as I did state previously stated. And I did say "Might" as in maybe. ;)
I get that, but it seems to me that you're considering BeeDee over other potential candidates.

Isn't it equally possible that it's Dixie Kong or K. Rool or somebody else entirely?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I shared my crazy out-there guesses based on HAL's current Dedede-bias a day or two ago, so I'm going to say that I'd see his next major role being related to that. :laugh: Perhaps he's even next in line for a Meta Knightmare/Dededetour!-type mode.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I get that, but it seems to me that you're considering BeeDee over other potential candidates.

Isn't it equally possible that it's Dixie Kong or K. Rool or somebody else entirely?
I've actually looked into those, the character was stated to be not too unpopular, but not too popular, Splatoon and Bandana Dee are both popular, but definitely not that popular.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I apologize for the off topic speech about the leak, I put it in spoilers so you don't have to stain your eyes with it if you don't want to.
Even if we were to assume the leak's true (I really, really, really doubt it) wouldn't Dixie be a reasonable choice, there's tikibuzz as a placeholder, would be a 9 or 8 but not a 10, was going to get in eventually, and the reason they can't say the gender is because there are so few strong female candidates, it would become hilariously obvious as to who it is and get them into trouble with the Big N.

Really though, it's text leak, and one that was never confirmed to be about Smash, so while it could be true and while it could be about us or about Smash, I don't think we should raise our hopes up too much. But, hey, if you still want to ride the hype train, by all means go for it. :p

Honestly? I'm expecting him to be a playable character next console game, I feel like they would try to build off of Return to Dreamland. What I'm really hoping for though is that we will have both a playable Bandana Dee and a playable Magolor next game:p.

Edit: Mean't to say 9 or a 8 not a 9 or a 98 :laugh:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I apologize for the off topic speech about the leak, I put it in spoilers so you don't have to stain your eyes with it if you don't want to.
Even if we were to assume the leak's true (I really, really, really doubt it) wouldn't Dixie be a reasonable choice, there's tikibuzz as a placeholder, would be a 9 or 98but not a 10, was going to get in eventually, and the reason they can't say the gender is because there are so few strong female candidates, it would become hilariously obvious as to who it is and get them into trouble with the Big N.

Really though, it's text leak, and one that was never confirmed to be about Smash, so while it could be true and while it could be about us or about Smash, I don't think we should raise our hopes up too much. But, hey, if you still want to ride the hype train, by all means go for it. :p

Honestly? I'm expecting him to be a playable character next console game, I feel like they would try to build off of Return to Dreamland. What I'm really hoping for though is that we will have both a playable Bandana Dee and a playable Magolor next game:p.
I did consider Dixie, but then again, the character was stated to be completely unique.
Dixie Kong then.

My point stands.
My reason stands. :p

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I did consider Dixie, but then again, the character was stated to be completely unique.

My reason stands. :p
Dixie Kong could easily be completely unique. To say otherwise would be similar to stating that Waddle Dee would play similar to Kirby just because they are both similar aesthetically. Dixie's hair is just as much of a tool to distinguish her from Diddy as Bandana Dee's spear is.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dixie Kong could easily be completely unique. To say otherwise would be similar to stating that Waddle Dee would play similar to Kirby just because they are both similar aesthetically. Dixie's hair is just as much of a tool to distinguish her from Diddy as Bandana Dee's spear is.
*Whispers Shantae* Hm... Although I definitely wouldn't mind seeing her, hm...
Dixie IS fully unique.
But does she bring a new playstyle?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yes.

You're clutching at straws to prove a point that is fundamentally invalid.
No, I legitimately am wondering if that's the case, because she is very similar to Diddy, such as her Bubble gun, her kong roll, her bananas, etc. I really have no problem with her, could it be though? Hmm... Really I have seen various similarities, after all, I had done research. For THREE HOURS might I add.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, wouldn't it be wise to stop talking about this leak? I mean sure it brought some life into this sleeping thread, but it also brought some negative vibes and I'd much prefer short, friendly conversations versus drawn out debates about the potential legitimacy of a rumour. It's a rumour, let's just leave it at that until it's confirmed or deconfirmed.

Whoo.. Rant over. Anyway, if Bandana Dee wasn't given a spear, what weapon do you think he would have?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Would he even be able to lift one? I mean, I wouldn't put it past him due to Megaton Punch, but we are unsure of what he can carry weight wise.
Well, Kirby can carry one. Granted, it's half the size of the hammers that Dedede wields, but I can't imagine a hammer his own size presenting Bandana Dee with any difficulty.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
THREE HOURS OF RESEARCH, THREE!!! HOW CAN THAT NOT BE REAL RESEARCH!? :grrr:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I think that Kirby's strength is based off the ability he has. If Kirby had Backthrow/Suplex strength all the time, why would he need those abilities? I would say it's the same with Hammer, in that he gains Bonker's strength.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
We really need a direct. This leak is proof we're thirsty for news and will completely jump on anything. Let's remember to always take it with a grain of sugar. I'd say salt, but I think someone would get salty about it... anyone?

D

Deleted member

No, I legitimately am wondering if that's the case, because she is very similar to Diddy, such as her Bubble gun, her kong roll, her bananas, etc. I really have no problem with her, could it be though? Hmm... Really I have seen various similarities, after all, I had done research. For THREE HOURS might I add.
She WOULD be unique.
Dixie Kong may be aesthetically similar to Diddy Kong, but Dixie Kong would have attacks involving her hair mostly; it's a major part of her character.
She could share some of her moves with Diddy Kong, but the concept of her fighting style would be drastically different and would make her a unique character (think of Luigi; he shares some moves with Mario, but he is a drastically different fighter).

Hey guys, wouldn't it be wise to stop talking about this leak? I mean sure it brought some life into this sleeping thread, but it also brought some negative vibes and I'd much prefer short, friendly conversations versus drawn out debates about the potential legitimacy of a rumour. It's a rumour, let's just leave it at that until it's confirmed or deconfirmed.

Whoo.. Rant over. Anyway, if Bandana Dee wasn't given a spear, what weapon do you think he would have?
I think that he would be given a Parasol like the other Waddle Dees.

D

Deleted member

So guys what is your honest opinion on on having another Kirby anime?( that are based on return to dreamland)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I would be pretty nice to see Bandana Dee kick some caboose with a Parasol.

EDIT: I feel a Kirby anime based on BOTH Kirby's Return to DreamLand and Kirby Triple Deluxe would be cool.

But I don't see how they could really lay it out as Tiff and Dedede were literally used to lay out plots.

Last edited:
Top Bottom