• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So, on a scale of one to ten, what's everyone thinking of big Dee's chances? I'd say something like a 7.8.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
I'd say:
Wolf is either 100% or sakurai will troll us and give us pichu.
Spear Dee here is probs about 80%
I'd like krool, kinda, but don't care really.

All I want is banana waddle dew and Ivysaur. And wolf.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'd say:
Wolf is either 100% or sakurai will troll us and give us pichu.
How's that trolling? You do realize Pichu is fairly popular too, right? I'd easily see Pichu coming before Wolf since Pichu would probably be given the "Roy Treatment" if he/she is DLC.

Furret24

Smash Master
How's that trolling? You do realize Pichu is fairly popular too, right? I'd easily see Pichu coming before Wolf since Pichu would probably be given the "Roy Treatment" if he/she is DLC.
Easily seeing Pichu make it before Wolf is a bit of an exaggeration, but Pichu is popular, so I guess I gotta give you that.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
The closer we get to the 3rd of October the more I lose my sanity.....Oh and the ballot is got me a little bit worried too.

JetSwerve

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rushdrive (Wii U
The closer we get to the 3rd of October the more I lose my sanity.....Oh and the ballot is got me a little bit worried too.
We'll just have to keep voting for him. We don't know whether or not this will be the last official Smash game (CoughCoughNXpossibilityCough), but it's precisely why we must push for him. Why? The reason is the same for people who push for King K. Rool, Wolf, Shovel Knight, Shantae, and even Goku. All of them are loved by someone, somewhere, and said fans would jump at the opportunity to get their favorite character in Smash. The ballot is that one opportunity. We can't give up until the end, my fellow soldiers. We must keep going until the road ends. And then hop on Air Rides and fly since the road ended.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Why do I get the feeling that Waddle Dee in one of King Dedede's victory screens is actually Bandana Dee in disguise, just without his signature bandana to avoid attracting unwanted attention until his reveal? :3

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Why do I get the feeling that Waddle Dee in one of King Dedede's victory screens is actually Bandana Dee in disguise, just without his signature bandana to avoid attracting unwanted attention until his reveal? :3
This was always one of my dumber arguements for having BWD in. Like cmon, Sakurai, you already have half of his model right there in Dedede's. Victory! Just a little more!

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
i very much hope this isn't true buuuuuuuuuuuut:

inb4 this somewhat likely outcome occurs

>comes october 3rd
>ballot page taken down
>no annoucement of winners
>sakurai: thank you for voting
>we will now tally the votes
>hasn't chosen the winners
>hasn't started developing the characters
>development team on holidays
"please allow an additional 12 months for character development".

How many of you think that he's already identified the winners? While I want to believe that ballot content will be released
immediately on the 3rd or 30th even better something tells me it won't happen. If Sakurai knew that the majority of the votes would occur straight away after the ballot was announced, hence starting development shortly after - then why would he bother keeping it open till the 3rd of October? Seems odd to me.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
i very much hope this isn't true buuuuuuuuuuuut:

inb4 this somewhat likely outcome occurs

>comes october 3rd
>ballot page taken down
>no annoucement of winners
>sakurai: thank you for voting
>we will now tally the votes
>hasn't chosen the winners
>hasn't started developing the characters
>development team on holidays
"please allow an additional 12 months for character development".

How many of you think that he's already identified the winners? While I want to believe that ballot content will be released
immediately on the 3rd or 30th even better something tells me it won't happen. If Sakurai knew that the majority of the votes would occur straight away after the ballot was announced, hence starting development shortly after - then why would he bother keeping it open till the 3rd of October? Seems odd to me.
I don't know if he started working on ballot chars or not but I don't think we'll get anything more than a thank you for voting on the 3rd, no here's a list of "winners", and if a ballot char is already ready to be released it will probably be released tomorrow.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Easily seeing Pichu make it before Wolf is a bit of an exaggeration, but Pichu is popular, so I guess I gotta give you that.
I think Pichu is more likely to be pre-ballot (If it's still going on) than Wolf.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, on a scale of one to ten, what's everyone thinking of big Dee's chances? I'd say something like a 7.8.
He's (possibly) got a few little hints pointing to him, (there's no Waddle Dee trophy, and there's that custom stage Sakurai built) so I actually feel like he has a higher chance pre-ballot than post-ballot. I'd say he has a 5 or a 6 right now, but if he's not revealed tomorrow/leaked today,and I'd have to drop it to a 4.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I...you...never mind.
I try to keep expectations low so I don't get too disappointed.

Remember, when you compare that to the thousands of other requested characters, a 29% chance is pretty good.

Edit: September 30th is almost here.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I try to keep expectations low so I don't get too disappointed.

Remember, when you compare that to the thousands of other requested characters, a 29% chance is pretty good.

Edit: September 30th is almost here.
Then I'm just here wondering how one can even be as likely as any of 290 out of "thousands" of characters getting in.

My pessimism goes again.

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
Just a random thought.

Why does BDee have the exact same animation for every one of his jumps in return to dreamland?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm gonna say 7.

I don't feel totally confident about anybody.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72570762
I almost forgot why I hate gamefaqs smash community, if it a possible smasher it will be hated
Liked because I got a good giggle out of it.

The way he misspelled "best" in the title, that was funny~ ;3

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Looks like I may've been wrong about the Shovel Knight rumor, Yacht Club Games is foreshadowing on Twitter.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
It would make sense if sakurai made a dlc character for every franchise at least once. That way, no ones saying that he's biased.

Furret24

Smash Master
It would make sense if sakurai made a dlc character for every franchise at least once. That way, no ones saying that he's biased.
> Sakurai proceeds to give us Dragonite, Ken, Ninten, and Chrome.
> After announcing these characters l, Sakurai tells us this is the last batch of dlc.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If you're talking about the Rayman leak, faker than Nicki Minaj's everything. I don't even think there's a stage with a all-white background like the one in that picture. Not to mention how low-quality it was.
Here was another from yesterday.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Sakurai said pre-ballot stuff is over, everything from this point on is "fanservice."
Technically he only said its fan service from now on, some people interpreted it as preballot is over.

Also, when is the maintence?

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well; still nothing new from the Japanese Smash Bros Twitter or Sakurai. I am however, still hoping for an update from them later today.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well; still nothing new from the Japanese Smash Bros Twitter or Sakurai. I am however, still hoping for an update from them later today.
I was busy moving the first time they revealed new content for the game, what time did they do it at?

Top Bottom