• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sadly we don't have any evidences about anything. All we have is speculation based on something that might mean nothing in the end.

Nice meme.
No, on the website there's supposed to be another url for a stage that was removed, and it was photoshopped out in the trailer.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace

Based on your Prediction, I'd bet we will get these:

Veterans: Wolf

Newcomers: King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, and Isaac.

Seems rather accurate. :3
That is exactly who I think will be DLC. :)

Here ya go.
SEGA Carnival
Well, I can't say I believe it, but it is kinda convincing. (Sorry Chandeelure Chandeelure I didn't know where else to post this. PLZ DON'T HATE ME) EDIT: Just saw that it's deconfirmed.

In other news, I recently was thinking that since Bandana Dee has 3 fewer letters, not including spaces, than Zero Suit Samus, he could be known as Bandana Dee in Smash.

Which reminds me, I once saw a Miiverse Dee-tractor who said Bandana Dee couldn't be in Smash because he doesn't have a real name.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We don't know whether or not this will be the last official Smash game
Except there are two solid pieces of evidence pointing to the fact that there will be more Smash titles in the future, plus a third item that is a statement that is both Smash-related and very telling.

The first, translated by Source Gaming, is this, from the Japanese Smash ballot form;

・ご投稿いただいた情報(以下「投稿内容」といいます)は、本ソフトの参戦キャラクターの検討等、今後のソフト制作の参考にさせていただきます。 The information received from this vote (Henceforth known as Submission Data) will be use for consideration for this software’s fighting characters,etc and for reference for future software
The second is just plain business sense - Smash is a long-tail seller that does its part to drive hardware sales. They have no reason to stop producing it.

The third is that Nintendo as a company sees a future with e-sports, with the relevant quote being this, from an interview with Reggie Fils-Aime conducted by Fortune;

We saw success last year with the Smash Bros. Invitational, and Smash Bros. has always been a game in the eSports community. What we’re really gratified to see is that the community has now embraced Super Smash Bros. for Wii U because it has the speed and customization they like. We’re also seeing them embrace Mario Kart 8, as well as Splatoon, in a competitive environment. We’ve always been close to the eSports space and will continue to be. We’re fortunate that we’ve got the range of content to pull it off in the here and now, and we’re really gratified to see the reactions,.
There is absolutely no reason to believe that there won't be more. Sure, Sakurai might not helm them, but they won't just stop for all of the above reasons.

then why would he bother keeping it open till the 3rd of October? Seems odd to me.
The reason for this is that Nintendo has collected this sort of feedback and passed it back to their teams for decades. You can read about the history of that here - this explains the origins of the data-collection policy that all of today's current surveys and ballots are descended from. ;) (Indeed, if you look at the part of the Japanese ballot form that I quoted above, they even make mention of it there.)

EDIT:

Well, I can't say I believe it, but it is kinda convincing. (Sorry Chandeelure Chandeelure I didn't know where else to post this. PLZ DON'T HATE ME)
Aside from being a blatant hoax because Sega doesn't own Hatsune Miku, it was already confirmed fake by the people behind it. It came up on the previous page. :)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That is exactly who I think will be DLC. :)

Well, I can't say I believe it, but it is kinda convincing. (Sorry Chandeelure Chandeelure I didn't know where else to post this. PLZ DON'T HATE ME) EDIT: Just saw that it's deconfirmed.

In other news, I recently was thinking that since Bandana Dee has 3 fewer letters, not including spaces, than Zero Suit Samus, he could be known as Bandana Dee in Smash.

Which reminds me, I once saw a Miiverse Dee-tractor who said Bandana Dee couldn't be in Smash because he doesn't have a real name.
No, I'm 100% sure he'd be called Waddle Dee.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The People voting for him write in bandana dee, it's likely bandana dee but no one can be sure.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Gonna get some unrelated gripes out of the way. About ten minutes in and I hate Windows 10. None of my music wants to play and I can't even hear any audio from videos. :mad:

Anyway, trying to get back on topic, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but what was you guys first Kirby game, and when did you play it?

Furret24

Smash Master
Gonna get some unrelated gripes out of the way. About ten minutes in and I hate Windows 10. None of my music wants to play and I can't even hear any audio from videos. :mad:

Anyway, trying to get back on topic, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but what was you guys first Kirby game, and when did you play it?
Kirby Super Star Ultra in 2009.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I'm unsure...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
In Japan he's reffered to as Waddle Dee. And also it's his official name.
Except he's officially referred to as Bandana Waddle Dee on all of the Japanese Kirby Triple Deluxe literature.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it get shortened to Bandana Dee officially at some point. Even more so if it's a necessity for Smash.

Kirby's Dream Land for the original Game Boy. I was a bit late picking up a Game Boy of my own, so this was in early 1996, not too long before Kirby Super Deluxe was released in Japan and announced for Europe. I also picked up Kirby's Pinball Land shortly thereafter, as it was a really good value-for-money time to be getting into the Game Boy, at that point!

Last edited:

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman

I feel ya on Windows 10. Feels more like a phone OS than a PC OS.

Also, My first Kirby game was Amazing Mirror back in 06.

Kirby's Adventure. I played it on some website that had old games (GBemul?) between 2007 and 2009(?). The first game I owned was either Super Star Ultra or Epic Yarn, probably KSSU but I'm unsure, I think I got both in 2010.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
In Japan he's reffered to as Waddle Dee. And also it's his official name.
In triple deluxe he is referred to by bandana waddle dee on the keychain as well as both bandana dee and bandana waddle dee in the triple deluxe site.
First Kirby game was 64 in wifi virtual console in 2010-ish

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just thought I'd share the pencil sketch version of my latest Pokemon Art Academy piece. I don't usually keep the sketches, but I liked this one so much that I made a separate save for the still-in-progress outlined and coloured version.

It's Dedede's cheeky victory grin. :grin: I sketched it up after I battled Wintropy Wintropy and @Yoshister on Smash 3DS - thanks so much for the inspiration, guys! :bee:

EDIT: I promise, if Bandana Waddle Dee makes it, I'll make a victory image in this vein for him, too. :)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

As big a fan I am of Kirby, who is my hands-down FAVORITE video game character EVER, Surprisingly, my first Kirby game was Kirby: Squeak Squad in 2006/2007(?). Though part of the reason I wanted a Nintendo GameCube aside from SSBM, and Mario Kart: DD!! was Kirby Air Ride. Eventually, KAR WOULD be my first-owned Kirby game.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
My first Kirby game was Kirby 64 and the Crystal Shards back when the 64 was the main Nintendo console of the time many years ago. It still remains my favorite Kirby, even though I also beat Kirby's Adventure, Nightmare in Dreamland (I think, it's the Adventure remake with Meta Knightmare), and (soon) Triple Deluxe.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My first Kirby game was Kirby 64 and the Crystal Shards back when the 64 was the main Nintendo console of the time many years ago.
Same here. Crystal Shards is an underrated Kirbyventure~ :3

My favourite is Nightmare in Dreamland, I think it's the most refined and polished Kirbyventure.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Hey guys, I haven't posted on this forum in a pretty long time (around the time DLC discussion opened up) but here's some thoughts I have based on the past couple of threads:

I personally stick to my pre-release odds for Bandanna Dee at 45-50% (4.5-5/10)

Sakurai has still shown his stubbornness against the newer Kirby games, with the only new Kirby stage being from Super Star and the new assist trophy being from Adventure.

We also know (Can someone confirm this? I remember an interview about this process) that Sakurai has used the example of the Waddle Dee as something he didn't find "unique" enough to be a fighter.

However, I think he has some really good support on the Smash Ballot and can definitely work as a fighter (and can be a very unique one too).

We just have to hope Sakurai is:

*Aware of the popularity of Kirby's Return to Dream Land as well as Triple Deluxe/Rainbow Curse
*Recognizes Bandanna Dee as a separate entity to the general enemy AND believes he has promise as a unique fighter.

I'm just glad our Dee's not an Assist Trophy; the cluster**** that Sakurai would have to deal with would probably doom any chances for him.

Anyway, it's nice to see you guys again!

although i only recognize Chandelure

Edit: Can someone make a version of this pic but with Bandanna Dee?

Credit to @Antonykun

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Nightmare in Dreamland (I think, it's the Adventure remake with Meta Knightmare)
That's the one! ;)

Crystal Shards is an underrated Kirbyventure~ :3
It really is, which is ironic considering that Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe are direct descendants of it, structure-wise.

Hey guys, I haven't posted on this forum in a pretty long time (around the time DLC discussion opened up)
I'm pretty sure that that means that I haven't met you before. Nice to meet you! :grin:

We also know (Can someone confirm this? I remember an interview about this process) that Sakurai has used the example of the Waddle Dee as something he didn't find "unique" enough to be a fighter.
Here - it's from a very old interview from around the time of Brawl's release, and it's almost certainly about either the standard enemy or the sidekick Waddle Dee from Kirby 64, and nothing to do with Bandana Waddle Dee as HAL later defined him.

We just have to hope Sakurai is:

*Aware of the popularity of Kirby's Return to Dream Land as well as Triple Deluxe/Rainbow Curse
*Recognizes Bandanna Dee as a separate entity to the general enemy AND believes he has promise as a unique fighter.
I can't imagine that he's not aware. :)

While I'm here again, I do have another sketch that I wasn't sure about posting because it's not 100% Kirby-related, but then I remembered that I posted that DKC/Kirby crossover art with the little Kremling wearing an outfit like Dedede's, so why not? :p

Here's my other battle-inspired sketch, wherein a certain kindly Charizard (I believe he may have some connection to dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 - you might want to call him back!) has returned something that Dedede so generously threw at him. ;) It's called "Something About Picking on Someone Your Own Size", seeing as Dedede is less brave about things that're bigger than he is when he's at his actual size. :laugh: (I've never actually drawn a Charizard before - I'm really happy with both that and the expressions.)

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
You know what sucks about the 3DS version of Smash 4? The lack of post-Sakurai Kirby content. Galacta Knight recolour, Dark MK recolour, and Ultra Sword. 3. 3 elements. There isn't even a trophy of any important characters from Squeak Squad, or Super Star Ultra or any of these games.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
You know what sucks about the 3DS version of Smash 4? The lack of post-Sakurai Kirby content. Galacta Knight recolour, Dark MK recolour, and Ultra Sword. 3. 3 elements. There isn't even a trophy of any important characters from Squeak Squad, or Super Star Ultra or any of these games.
It astonishes me how they put in stuff from a game that wasn't even released but add in nothing from a series Sakurai started.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It astonishes me how they put in stuff from a game that wasn't even released but add in nothing from a series Sakurai started.
The chap's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't really. If he adds a Kirby thing it's said to be Sakurai-bias, if he doesn't add it it's also said to be Sakurai-bias. :p

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
The chap's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't really. If he adds a Kirby thing it's said to be Sakurai-bias, if he doesn't add it it's also said to be Sakurai-bias. :p
Like most things, Sakurai bias works both ways. But here's the thing. Even if BDee gets in or not, either way, he will be accused of Sakurai bias. But, strangely, Sakurai bias DOESN'T so much apply to BDee. I mean really, what are the odds that Sakurai himself created the opponent in Megaton Punch that we have all come to love? If Dee gets in, it will be both Sakurai bias, and not Sakurai bias at the same time. It's extremely odd.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Like most things, Sakurai bias works both ways. But here's the thing. Even if BDee gets in or not, either way, he will be accused of Sakurai bias. But, strangely, Sakurai bias DOESN'T so much apply to BDee. I mean really, what are the odds that Sakurai himself created the opponent in Megaton Punch that we have all come to love? If Dee gets in, it will be both Sakurai bias, and not Sakurai bias at the same time. It's extremely odd.
It'll be Schroedinger's Sakurai-bias! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Ok my brother and sister bandana waddle dee supporters you know what to do!

Top Bottom