• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Morbi

Scavenger
Except he's officially referred to as Bandana Waddle Dee on all of the Japanese Kirby Triple Deluxe literature.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it get shortened to Bandana Dee officially at some point. Even more so if it's a necessity for Smash.

Kirby's Dream Land for the original Game Boy. I was a bit late picking up a Game Boy of my own, so this was in early 1996, not too long before Kirby Super Deluxe was released in Japan and announced for Europe. I also picked up Kirby's Pinball Land shortly thereafter, as it was a really good value-for-money time to be getting into the Game Boy, at that point!
At the same time; however, I would not be surprised to see it shortened to "Waddle Dee" either. As for the "necessity for Smash" portion of your post. It probably would be. I believe Mr. Game & Watch is the longest at 16 character slots. I am not sure if they would be comfortable going much larger.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
At the same time; however, I would not be surprised to see it shortened to "Waddle Dee" either. As for the "necessity for Smash" portion of your post. It probably would be. I believe Mr. Game & Watch is the longest at 16 character slots. I am not sure if they would be comfortable going much larger.
I wouldn't be surprised if they went with just plain Waddle Dee, either, to be honest. I just wish they'd settle on one name instead of changing back and forth as they have been doing with each of his appearances to date, even if it does ultimately mean that they go with that and we have a situation akin to George of the Jungle's best friend*. I just prefer Bandana Dee if they're going to shorten it, as it cuts out confusion with the everyday varieties of Waddle Dees.

*For those who aren't old cartoon fans or don't know the modern version, he's always described as "An ape named Ape". :laugh:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, are we going to press Smashified or not?
It's late for the ballot, but it won't hurt to have another good looking piece of artwork.

EDIT: I see. :4greninja:

:231:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So, are we going to press Smashified or not?
It's late for the ballot, but it won't hurt to have another good looking piece of artwork.

EDIT: I see. :4greninja:

Imo, even if it's too late for the ballot, it doesn't matter to me, any more great artwork being made by Omni and team would be nice in general to see, so, even if it's not for the ballot, any more BDee art would be fine with me, just my opinion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Imo, even if it's too late for the ballot, it doesn't matter to me, any more great artwork being made by Omni and team would be nice in general to see, so, even if it's not for the ballot, any more BDee art would be fine with me, just my opinion.
I think the same. We're not going to lose anything by it, so it's not useless, imo.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe so, but they already told Zerp Zerp that Bandana Waddle Dee isn't popular, so they won't be Smashifying him. It would be nice to see, for sure, but it won't be made.
That is sort of weird, given they did artwork of Travis and Kloana. Regardless, I do not believe that Bandana Dee would look particularly good in that art-style anyways. So, I have no problem with it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh, so that means you KNOW? Who told you?
I did.
Hello everyone, I am actually Masahiro Sakurai of Sora Ltd. and NOT some random kid ****posting here for no reason.
STRANGE, ISN'T IT? :4sonic:
I'm not actually Sakurai don't press me for questions I KNOW NOTHING

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe so, but they already told Zerp Zerp that Bandana Waddle Dee isn't popular, so they won't be Smashifying him. It would be nice to see, for sure, but it won't be made.
It strikes me a bit odd, as Omni himself is a fan of Kirby and RtDL as well, and has done some really impressive Kirby artwork in the past.
No point in pondering over it, I guess.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Omni also said this to me when I asked about his popularity. That's actually how the conversation started.

It would be easier to enjoy the Smashified pics if 1. they looked better, and 2. if Bandana Dee was considered "popular enough" by them.

D

Deleted member

It strikes me a bit odd, as Omni himself is a fan of Kirby and RtDL as well, and has done some really impressive Kirby artwork in the past.
No point in pondering over it, I guess.

Like i said before it probably won't look that good, if i recall correctly Someone said Omni likes kirby in fact he made that Galacta knight pic you see everywhere i blame the fact he has no real artwork
i saw this in the comments
upload_2015-9-29_13-33-46.png

It was just that one guy.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I did.
Hello everyone, I am actually Masahiro Sakurai of Sora Ltd. and NOT some random kid ****posting here for no reason.
STRANGE, ISN'T IT? :4sonic:
I'm not actually Sakurai don't press me for questions I KNOW NOTHING
UR welcome
Yes SONIC DID HAVE A 1999 MOIVE NO JOKE THIS IS REAL

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Hello Bandana Brigade (<- Pretty sure I spelled that right), I am back from my first Anthers set and ready to see what is going on here!

*Sees that Dixie Kong got Smashified before Banana Dew*

#Smashiwhy

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Good news on the Kirby merchandise front, guys - pre-orders have just opened on the coin-purses and the huge cushions that were shown at the Tokyo Toy Show back in June! :grin:

Coin-purses
Kirby
Waddle Dee
Meta Knight

Cushions
Kirby
Waddle Dee
Meta Knight

The Universal Currency Converter should be able to give a very good idea of what these prices translate to in your own local currency.

I've just gotten in my pre-order for a Waddle Dee coin-purse. I'm sure that entrusting my money to one of Dedede's royal staff is a great idea, right? ... Right?

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
That Rayman leak looked legit, but I'm guessing it's feake. <-- XD I want to believe though...

Then again, if BD had a leak, everyone would be quick to assume he wouldn't be in because he "isn't relevant". Need I remind you of the Palutena leak?

Gonna get some unrelated gripes out of the way. About ten minutes in and I hate Windows 10. None of my music wants to play and I can't even hear any audio from videos. :mad:

Anyway, trying to get back on topic, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but what was you guys first Kirby game, and when did you play it?
Kirby Super Star Ultra, 2008
Who do you guys think is the strongest villain in the Kirby-verse and why?

Furret24

Smash Master
(Gasp) I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with Bandana Dee. I mean when the fight, I get the upper hand,but then when I hit him into the air... he lands on me and keeps jumping on me until I die. I tried to block, but it was no use...
It's your own fault for not teching.
We tech those m8.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I am not sure, I became a fan of Waddle Dee in the The Crystal Shards. Waddle Dee has been around for awhile even if his new found prominence is mostly attributed to newer games.
Except that Waddle Dee and Bandana Waddle Dee are not the same character, in the same way that Toad and Captain Toad (formerly known as Toad) are not the same being.

Anyway, trying to get back on topic, and I'm sure this has been asked before, but what was you guys first Kirby game, and when did you play it?
Brawl is how I was introduced to the Kirby franchise, but my first Kirby game I played was actually 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure in late 2012/early 2013. (I don't remember the exact date but it's on my 3DS so I could find it. Does this count as being a "new" Kirby fan?)

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Bigley? That BD hater has always been all up in our faces.
However, that arises the question did any of you guys actually give..them? A response?
Anyways Hi.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That's the one! ;)

It really is, which is ironic considering that Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe are direct descendants of it, structure-wise.

I'm pretty sure that that means that I haven't met you before. Nice to meet you! :grin:

Here - it's from a very old interview from around the time of Brawl's release, and it's almost certainly about either the standard enemy or the sidekick Waddle Dee from Kirby 64, and nothing to do with Bandana Waddle Dee as HAL later defined him.

I can't imagine that he's not aware. :)

While I'm here again, I do have another sketch that I wasn't sure about posting because it's not 100% Kirby-related, but then I remembered that I posted that DKC/Kirby crossover art with the little Kremling wearing an outfit like Dedede's, so why not? :p

Here's my other battle-inspired sketch, wherein a certain kindly Charizard (I believe he may have some connection to dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 - you might want to call him back!) has returned something that Dedede so generously threw at him. ;) It's called "Something About Picking on Someone Your Own Size", seeing as Dedede is less brave about things that're bigger than he is when he's at his actual size. :laugh: (I've never actually drawn a Charizard before - I'm really happy with both that and the expressions.)
Heee, it looks great. Nice job!

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That's the one! ;)

It really is, which is ironic considering that Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe are direct descendants of it, structure-wise.

I'm pretty sure that that means that I haven't met you before. Nice to meet you! :grin:

Here - it's from a very old interview from around the time of Brawl's release, and it's almost certainly about either the standard enemy or the sidekick Waddle Dee from Kirby 64, and nothing to do with Bandana Waddle Dee as HAL later defined him.

I can't imagine that he's not aware. :)

While I'm here again, I do have another sketch that I wasn't sure about posting because it's not 100% Kirby-related, but then I remembered that I posted that DKC/Kirby crossover art with the little Kremling wearing an outfit like Dedede's, so why not? :p

Here's my other battle-inspired sketch, wherein a certain kindly Charizard (I believe he may have some connection to dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 - you might want to call him back!) has returned something that Dedede so generously threw at him. ;) It's called "Something About Picking on Someone Your Own Size", seeing as Dedede is less brave about things that're bigger than he is when he's at his actual size. :laugh: (I've never actually drawn a Charizard before - I'm really happy with both that and the expressions.)
Aw =u= Poor DDD. :D Awesome job as always!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. been gone for ages. but haven't given up the Bandana Dream.
hard to believe after months of campaigning and voting and hyping that there are really only a few short days left in the ballot.
I've been doing what I can to help spread awareness of Bandana Dee to potential voters and managed to snag a handful of votes.
Been a fun ride with you guys, even if I wasn't around for most of it.
Hope we can get our wish and see Bandana Dee in Smash very soon.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Strongest Kirby villain? I'm guessing that's a toss up between Zero and Magolor Soul, I'd put my money on Zero though just because a single Dark Matter exhausted Kirby to the point of fainting, and that was with some magical rainbow sword power up, but I'm not really sure.

Anyways, despite the lack of announcements, I still hope Bandana Dee shows up in 5 minutes somehow despite how unlikely that is. Who knows, they may just release a character without any sort of announcement or direct at all. That would be quite shocking and certainly would make hype skyrocket. It isn't likely, not at all, heck, we may not even get a character, but it's definitely possible. Just try not to get your hopes up though :p.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm not sure if any of you are reading this, but I'm downloading the patch right now on my Wii U. I'll let you guys know what the DLC is.

Edit: Here's what we got.
- SMM Stage
- Pirate Ship (Brawl)? It's Wii U exclusive for some stupid reason. I guess you guys were right about getting a second DLC stage. Too bad it was Pirate Ship from Brawl, which, of all the stages to pick from that game.
- 7 Mii Costumes

Kinda deesapointing.

Could I take this moment to say that it's 3:35am where I live, and I have to get up for school in 1 1/2 hours? :/

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
The dlc includes Mario maker stage, pirate ship from brawl (wii u only) and mii costumes, and the 3ds version got wii u's duck hunt stage for free

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I know 3DS gets a Wii U stage for free (why Duck Hunt, of all of them), it feels like we get screwed out of a brand new stage while Wii U gets Pirate Ship from Brawl. I'm a wee bit salty right now, as someone who only owns a 3DS.

Anyway

I bought the Rathalos Mii armor because I love Monster Hunter and I love Rathalos and his armor, and having a rathalos armored character in Smash is like the dream for me. Also SMM stage obviously, it's nice to have a "random ruckus" stage that changes each time you play on it. I forsee it will get great use from me.

Edit: I can't get any stage hazards to load on the 3DS version of SMM, I have a feeling it's been watered down...still, even if it is gutted for the 3DS version, at least there IS a 3DS version, we could have got shafted again.

Edit again; I got a treadmill to pop up, maybe there's still the lava and rotating platforms and such. still investigating.

Edit yet again: I can confirm the 3DS SMM stage has pre-made stages that are randomized. The stage is not built on the fly like the Wii U version.

Last edit I swear: Okay, I got rotating, moving platforms to pop up as well as lava hazards. Looks like all the items from the Wii U version are here too for the most part. Not bad.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I know 3DS gets a Wii U stage for free (why Duck Hunt, of all of them), it feels like we get screwed out of a brand new stage while Wii U gets Pirate Ship from Brawl. I'm a wee bit salty right now, as someone who only owns a 3DS.

Anyway

I bought the Rathalos Mii armor because I love Monster Hunter and I love Rathalos and his armor, and having a rathalos armored character in Smash is like the dream for me. Also SMM stage obviously, it's nice to have a "random ruckus" stage that changes each time you play on it. I forsee it will get great use from me.
Shame, but atleast they chose one of my favorite stages from Wii U and not Palutena's Temple.

Top Bottom