• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
It's called For Bandana Dee. It's ID is 13812637076570.

Yay, you're in.
Sorry I left early my gamepad's control stick gets ****ed up sometimes and it's really annoying to use, would like to battle you more some other time ( it would be cool if we could also have some competitive battles )

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I got bored and put Dedede's crown on the grumpy penguin.

In more relevant news, @MandoBardanJusik posted this interesting bit of info over in the K. Rool thread, and I figured it was worth re-posting here;
Wow, since I didn't expect any characters until next year, this actually sounds realistic! Seriously hoping BWD is one of them, and if he is I'm gonna have to hope for money on my B-Day.

(it's in a couple weeks, so I can't risk buying anything for myself.)

I will get every DLC character though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel we're probably going to get at least 4 more DLC characters.
In fact, I re-figured the list I made to four fighters to something much more plausible.

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Professor Layton

Thoughts?

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
In fact, I re-figured the list I made to four fighters to something much more plausible.

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Third-party Character (Professor Layton)

Thoughts?
I do find it strange that you don't think that King K. Rool will be DLC. (what will you do if he's added soon?)

Also, I still don't exactly understand why you think Layton will show up, but I have no problem with that.

Either was, no matter who we get, I expect 1 veteran, and 3 newcomers, to even it out.

My expectations: You've all seen them before so I won't say them, but if Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma posts his list, mine is the same.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
If there isn't a smash direct thing to announce dlc we should have probably gotten some mii costumes by now (unless we're only getting Mario maker and nothing else

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I do find it strange that you don't think that King K. Rool will be DLC. (what will you do if he's added soon?)

Also, I still don't exactly understand why you think Layton will show up, but I have no problem with that.

Either was, no matter who we get, I expect 1 veteran, and 3 newcomers, to even it out.

My expectations: You've all seen them before so I won't say them, but if Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma posts his list, mine is the same.
Based on your Prediction, I'd bet we will get these:

Veterans: Wolf

Newcomers: King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, and Isaac.

Seems rather accurate. :3

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So what do you think of my new improved list?
I don't tend to form opinions on others' predictions, because in the end, no-one knows until the end how it will actually turn out. I wouldn't say that any character is certain for the same reason. I do think this is a pretty reasonable list, though. ;)

That said, like D-Man9293 D-Man9293 , I am curious as to why you keep excluding K. Rool from your lists, in spite of fifteen years of prior precedent on how these polls have been handled, which is some of the only solid information we can really draw from right now.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Eh.... I gotta say; if we are getting anything additional to the Mario Maker stage, it'll most likely be announced tomorrow, or maybe they'll pull a Royucas and have a direct on the day of the update. Let's be honest; it would be crazy to only get one stage out of this update. There HAS to be something more that's in there. Perhaps the hidden fourth stage that was mentioned is being hidden until tomorrow/Wednesday since it may be a stage for a veteran/newcomer? :3

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't tend to form opinions on others' predictions, because in the end, no-one knows until the end how it will actually turn out. I wouldn't say that any character is certain for the same reason. I do think this is a pretty reasonable list, though. ;)

That said, like D-Man9293 D-Man9293 , I am curious as to why you keep excluding K. Rool from your lists, in spite of fifteen years of prior precedent on how these polls have been handled, which is some of the only solid information we can really draw from right now.
I cannot speak for him; however, a lot of King K. Rool detractors cite his role as a Mii Costume as the predominant reason that King K. Rool is unlikely. It was not unlike the "Dedede throws Waddle Dees" argument that we faced, oh so long ago.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I think it's the costume. Oh and also, a new stage has been leaked, and it may be legit, it has gameplay and everything.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hey, I don't think King K. Rool is going to make it, either. So what? Our predictions don't need to have all the same characters, you know. Otherwise, what would be the point of sharing them if we all knew what we were going to say? :p

Also... Is it bad that I'm still holding out hope for that leak from a while back? The Wolf/Bandana Dee/Dixie Kong/Shovel Knight one? I dunno, it's just that I really like that DLC roster, and in my opinion, it even makes sense.

But, either way, I guess it's only a matter of time before we find out the truth, anyway. It's really exciting!
And NintenZ NintenZ Is that so? What stage is it? :o

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think it's the costume.
But no other characters have been provably deconfirmed by this.

It's a very, very similar statement to "Mewtwo and Lucas already have trophies, so they can't be playable", and "Miis won't be in because the Villager from Animal Crossing is".

Oh and also, a new stage has been leaked, and it may be legit, it has gameplay and everything.
Do you have more information, please? Be sure to put it in spoiler tags, just in case, though... ;)

Hey, I don't think King K. Rool is going to make it, either. So what? Our predictions don't need to have all the same characters, you know. Otherwise, what would be the point of sharing them if we all knew what we were going to say? :p
Absolutely right. I just like to hear good reasoning. ;)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Also... Is it bad that I'm still holding out hope for that leak from a while back? The Wolf/Bandana Dee/Dixie Kong/Shovel Knight one? I dunno, it's just that I really like that DLC roster, and in my opinion, it even makes sense.

But, either way, I guess it's only a matter of time before we find out the truth, anyway. It's really exciting!
And NintenZ NintenZ Is that so? What stage is it? :o

But no other characters have been provably deconfirmed by this.

It's a very, very similar statement to "Mewtwo and Lucas already have trophies, so they can't be playable", and "Miis won't be in because the Villager from Animal Crossing is".

Do you have more information, please? Be sure to put it in spoiler tags, just in case, though... ;)

Absolutely right. I just like to hear good reasoning. ;)
Here ya go.
SEGA Carnival

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Well... That was... Not the kind of stage I was expecting at all. XD
I'm not really gonna buy into it right away. Something I noticed is that the characters don't appear to have any shadows underneath them. This is especially noticeable in the screenshots.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
About the leak, I'd try not to get my hopes up, since it's likely fake. I believe it's fake because not only is the gameplay suspiciously static, the person also made these fake splatoon leaks, and their channel just happens to be dedicated to
Miku
so it just seems to have a little too many coincidences for it to be real.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Professor Layton

Thoughts?
Professor Layton? Over the likes of Issac, K. Rool, among other, much more popular and likely characters?

Um...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's been confirmed fake, in case if that hasn't been said already.
I linked to the confirmation in my own post, but yeah, it bears mentioning!

What are the others?
The other big one is the lack of actual gameplay footage. Notice how the characters remain at the edges and out of the way, and we don't see the transitions between the disparate scenes.

But again, it was already confirmed fake, though it was pretty obvious anyway. :p

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Oh hey, guys, remember how I said I wanted to make an animation if Bandana Dee got into Smash?

Well, I recently got started on it.
I haven't gotten all that far (I have less than 1 second of Bandana Dee walking) but I have an idea of how I want it to turn out:

Bandana Dee is walking, when suddenly a Bronto Burt flies down to deliver a Smash Invitation. Bandana Dee takes it and reads it, and then excitedly grabs his trusty spear (which is probably leaning against a nearby tree or something). He runs off into the distance, perhaps chasing a Smash Ball or something.

I have a good picture of it in my head.

I'm using Photoshop's frame-by-frame animation thingy to do it, and I'm actually creating it as a personal project in one of my school classes. Unfortunately, I can't work on it at home, so it might take a while to finish.

Also, if Bandana Dee ends up NOT making it as DLC, I might end up changing up the animation to not be Smash-related. But, maybe I'll still keep it the same... I dunno, we'll see.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I linked to the confirmation in my own post, but yeah, it bears mentioning!

The other big one is the lack of actual gameplay footage. Notice how the characters remain at the edges and out of the way, and we don't see the transitions between the disparate scenes.

But again, it was already confirmed fake, though it was pretty obvious anyway. :p
It's too bad it's fake, I would've loved to hear Tell Your World and Decorator in Smash Bros. :(

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Oh hey, guys, remember how I said I wanted to make an animation if Bandana Dee got into Smash?

Well, I recently got started on it.
I haven't gotten all that far (I have less than 1 second of Bandana Dee walking) but I have an idea of how I want it to turn out:

Bandana Dee is walking, when suddenly a Bronto Burt flies down to deliver a Smash Invitation. Bandana Dee takes it and reads it, and then excitedly grabs his trusty spear (which is probably leaning against a nearby tree or something). He runs off into the distance, perhaps chasing a Smash Ball or something.

I have a good picture of it in my head.

I'm using Photoshop's frame-by-frame animation thingy to do it, and I'm actually creating it as a personal project in one of my school classes. Unfortunately, I can't work on it at home, so it might take a while to finish.

Also, if Bandana Dee ends up NOT making it as DLC, I might end up changing up the animation to not be Smash-related. But, maybe I'll still keep it the same... I dunno, we'll see.
That definitely seems interesting. If you succeed, you should try to share the results.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin , thanks for that! I'm happy somebody here is cleverer than me with this translation stuff~ ;3

Chandeelure Chandeelure , I know this has been asked before, but I didn't find a definitive answer. What will happen to this thread if BeeDee is confirmed? Will it be locked or will it be remade into the social thread?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin , thanks for that! I'm happy somebody here is cleverer than me with this translation stuff~ ;3
Heh, no problem. Even if you can't pick up much else of the Japanese language, hiragana and katakana are well worth learning for this sort of thing, it must be said. :) They also make it a lot easier to navigate menus in text-light, importer-friendly games, as well!

I'm assuming that was just a typo, but I still feel this will be a relevant thing to post in response:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHjaRPzetw
Hahaha! I totally missed the error! I'll leave it in, because I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've made that particular typo after finding it funny when I've seen it elsewhere. :laugh: I love the Miiverse pic, too!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chandeelure Chandeelure , I know this has been asked before, but I didn't find a definitive answer. What will happen to this thread if BeeDee is confirmed? Will it be locked or will it be remade into the social thread?
I'm not Chandelure, but I think most support threads become social threads if a character gets confirmed.
Some support threads get locked in favor of a new Social thread.
It depends on what the mod and/or Chandelure wants to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom