• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think people are overestimating the chance of characters getting in. Outside of Wolf, I don't think anyone has more than a 15% chance.

There's (probably) only going to be 2-5 more characters. There's so many options that are good choices to make, that you can't possibly have them all.

I do think Banana Dew still has a good chance, relative to the rest of the high and top contenders.
Who knows, maybe I am overlooking this, but still, I think we'll get Bandana Dee at some point.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Probably, but 99% chance is still pretty absurd.

Let's hope we do though.
I suppose, I'm sure he'll come at some point though. But I have a question, should I vote one more time on my new phone, thoughts on doing this?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
So I'm 99.9% that Bandana Dee is coming. I'm very confident about him. Along with Wolf, I think that Bandana Dee is coming, we've had a successful campaign, we've proved that he's deeserving, and we've pushed hard enough to the point that I'm very confident about him. Along with Wolf I think it will happen at some point.
Oh... the optimism....

Meanwhile like I claimed earlier I really don't think anyone, even Wolf, have a percentage above 1% or something...

Might just as well be exaggerating, but :/

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh... the optimism....

Meanwhile like I claimed earlier I really don't think anyone, even Wolf, have a percentage above 1% or something...

Might just as well be exaggerating, but :/
I may be exaggerating about what I think his chances are, but once again, I think he'll come at some point. I really feel it will.

Last edited:

Dunsparce

Smash Rookie
Ado/Adeleine's probably my favorite of the bosses, which reminds me, how do I pronounce her name, is it Ah-duh-line, Ah-duh-lane, Ah-del-line, Ah-del-lane or something I didn't mention? I'm kind of embarrassed that I can't how pronounce her name yet she's my favorite boss :laugh:.
Add a line.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I think wolf is the most likely to get released, besides him k. Rool and Isaac are relatively likely, for some reason I don't think bandana dee will make it, maybe it's because he's the only newcomer I really support.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think wolf is the most likely to get released, besides him k. Rool and Isaac are relatively likely, for some reason I don't think bandana dee will make it, maybe it's because he's the only newcomer I really support.
Isaac's popularity has been heavily exaggerated, unlike the other characters listed. Also considering that the last game was a commercial flop, I don't see Isaac happening. However he could be a Mii Costume.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ado/Adeleine's probably my favorite of the bosses, which reminds me, how do I pronounce her name, is it Ah-duh-line, Ah-duh-lane, Ah-del-line, Ah-del-lane or something I didn't mention? I'm kind of embarrassed that I can't how pronounce her name yet she's my favorite boss :laugh:.
I say "AH-de-line".

I don't think there's a definitive pronunciation, just go with whatever suits you.
I pronounce her name like "Ah-del-line" or "Ah-de-line", but since I never heard how it was really pronounced in the official games thanks to know dialog, it's hard to really say I guess. xD
It's "Ah-duh-lane". :)

There actually is an official pronunciation - all of the character names in the Japanese versions are written in katakana. These are the characters used in Japanese for loanwords, foreign-sounding words, and, quite often, fictional characters' names and that sort of thing, and they also serve as their own pronunciation guide.

Adeleine's name in Japan is written as アドレーヌ ("Adoreenu"), pronounced as "Ah-doh-reh-nu", which tells us that, when sounded out by an English-speaker, it's "Ah-duh-lane". ;)

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Isaac's popularity has been heavily exaggerated, unlike the other characters listed. Also considering that the last game was a commercial flop, I don't see Isaac happening. However he could be a Mii Costume.
I didn't say I expect him too get in, just that he's more likely than most chars

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I got bored and put Dedede's crown on the grumpy penguin.

In more relevant news, @MandoBardanJusik posted this interesting bit of info over in the K. Rool thread, and I figured it was worth re-posting here;

I just saw something interesting pointed out: the Smash maintenance is an hour and a half long. With every stages only, or stages with Tournament mode only took a 20 minute maintenance period. Mewtwo took a little over a hour maintenance, last time there was an hour and half long period in conjunction with a DLC release was the 3 E3 characters.

Looks like we're in for at least one character this week! or the data at least. I think our King has great chances

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

In more relevant news, @MandoBardanJusik posted this interesting bit of info over in the K. Rool thread, and I figured it was worth re-posting here;

So there's good chance we might be getting at least 2 characters, eh? That sounds rad. Wednesday can't come soon enough. I plan on getting up early enough to see the reaction to whatever is revealed prior to me having to leave for work. Still fairly sure Wolf is one of them.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

That news is definitely a good thing for us. Thanks for sharing that, also, since I didn't say it last page like I should have, thanks for teaching me how to pronounce Adeleine, without that I'd be saying it wrong forever :p.

Here's to hoping to see Bandana Dee in 2 days!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Just realized something, if we were to get 2 characters it's likely we'll get a vet and a newcomer, since we have 2 melee vets, if we assume we get wolf, 2 brawl vets, so 2 newcomers would complete the pattern, and wouldn't Bandana Dee have a very good shot for being that pre-ballot newcomer?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Just realized something, if we were to get 2 characters it's likely we'll get a vet and a newcomer, since we have 2 melee vets, if we assume we get wolf, 2 brawl vets, so 2 newcomers would complete the pattern, and wouldn't Bandana Dee have a very good shot for being that pre-ballot newcomer?
To be completely honest, Bandana Dee has just as good a shot as most potential candidates. I do not believe that he is more likely than anyone in particular, but at the same time, I do not believe that he is less likely either. Also, if we are doing the whole pattern thing, one of the newcomers would probably have to be a third-party character which sort of hurts Bandana Dee in a way.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Think about it this way: If Sakurai considered Takamaru, why wouldn't he consider any of these popular characters? If that SourceGaming poll is anything to consider, Sakurai should definitely put in at least two characters.

Top Bottom