• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Hey guys you know I been thinking for some time now how meta knight smash design look different then his main game design right?

Well what if sakurai and his team gave bandana waddle dee some new design to differentiate himself from other waddle dee's(like how meta knight have metal plates for gloves) like let say give bandana waddle dee a mini jacket?

(with short sleeves of course that either blue or red) what do you all think?

Hey guys you know I been thinking for some time now how meta knight smash design look different then his main game design right?

Well what if sakurai and his team gave bandana waddle dee some new design to differentiate himself from other waddle dee's(like how meta knight have metal plates for gloves) like let say give bandana waddle dee a mini jacket?

I think giving Bandana Dee a mini-jacket would be too far from Dee's original design.

EDIT: Also, I can't really imagine Bandana Dee wearing one without looking weird.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

A jacket sounds a bit random.
If they change his design, I think they would add and emblem to his bandana or something like that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

I don't think they would do that. The extent of Smash "redesigns" is adding large amounts of extra detail to what's already there - for example, the cream-coloured outfit that Dedede wears to compensate for his lack of countershading has more details to it in Smash, Meta Knight has the gauntlets on his gloves and the armour-plates on his boots, you can see the stitching on Mario's and Luigi's overalls, and so on and so forth.

The furthest I would imagine them going for Bandana Waddle Dee is a more detailed fabric texture for his bandana, with some extra designs for the bandana fabric used for some or all of his alts.

Morbi

Scavenger
A jacket sounds a bit random.
If they change his design, I think they would add and emblem to his bandana or something like that.
That would be interesting, they could add the Smash logo on his bandana. As for the jacket, I would not be opposed to it, but at the same time, I find it quite difficult to imagine.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Also, @Helmslock , I forgot to say... that picture is too big, use spoilers.
Too big? Hmm... That can only mean one thing: Ridley confirmed.
As for redesigns, the most I could see them doing for such a simple character is maybe adding more cloth to him. Detail his spear and bandanna, maybe give him some blue wristbands to match his bandanna and a red scarf to match his spear. I somehow doubt they'd give him a mini-jacket.

JetSwerve

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rushdrive (Wii U

Hmm. Can't see him in that. All I can say is maybe elongate the ends of the bandana. Add in a blue wrist band on his right arm, perhaps? Other than that, keep him the same.

Furret24

Smash Master
I'm sitting right next to Yoshister Yoshister right now, so i'll let everyone on here know how the battle(s) goes.

Edit: I think I found my brother's weakness, slow, laggy, and punishable attacks!

Edit 2: This is almost painful.

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
https://twitter.com/crimsonssb/status/648256296966230017 And I finally finished the drawing. I made BDee a bit too dark and my bad handwriting showed in the 'Super Smash Bros' part, but aside from that, I guess it's good for my age.
And, on a slightly unrelated note, does anyone want to play SSB3DS? If you do, send me a PM.
Edit:Question: If you had a pet Waddle Dee, what would you do with it and what would you name it?

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Say, do you guys want to set a time and use our tourney again? After all, it's closing soon.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I would like to fight some of you guys and gals, too bad it's 1:30 am for me, it would be cool to fight some of you tommorow (even though I'm not very good)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Say, do you guys want to set a time and use our tourney again? After all, it's closing soon.
Good idea. It's just sort of been sitting there. I think we should use it one last time. A final hoorah.
https://twitter.com/crimsonssb/status/648256296966230017 And I finally finished the drawing. I made BDee a bit too dark and my bad handwriting showed in the 'Super Smash Bros' part, but aside from that, I guess it's good for my age.
And, on a slightly unrelated note, does anyone want to play SSB3DS? If you do, send me a PM.
Edit:Question: If you had a pet Waddle Dee, what would you do with it and what would you name it?
I'd name it Deedee. What I do with it? Feed it senbei.

D

Deleted member

you guys are talking about wristband for bandana waddle dee right how about a star shape one kind of like this one?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Fun fact: Despite the Kirby series always being more popular in Japan, the game Super Puyo Puyo was reskined as Kirby's Avalanche (or Ghost Trap in Europe) and was ironically, never released in Japan.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact: Despite the Kirby series always being more popular in Japan, the game Super Puyo Puyo was reskined as Kirby's Avalanche (or Ghost Trap in Europe) and was ironically, never released in Japan.
But the whole intention behind it was to release a localised edition of the game featuring characters that were more familiar to the West. ;) I'm pretty sure that there's nothing ironic about it.

If I don't get any Smash news by the end of the year, I'll explode.
Alright, who gave you the Crash ability? :p

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
you guys are talking about wristband for bandana waddle dee right how about a star shape one kind of like this one?

I imagined it just a simple, solid blue to match his bandanna, although it could have a star on it.
Although, now that I think about it, maybe the wristbands should be red and the scarf blue.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But the whole intention behind it was to release a localised edition of the game featuring characters that were more familiar to the West. ;) I'm pretty sure that there's nothing ironic about it.

Alright, who gave you the Crash ability? :p
I thought the irony behind it was that it starred characters that had more popularity in Japan, unlike all the other reskins which were made with Western themes and characters.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I thought the irony behind it was that it starred characters that had more popularity in Japan, unlike all the other reskins which were made with Western themes and characters.
But Kirby isn't unpopular outside of Japan, and only one of the four localised versions used a Western property. Moreover, the most obscure of the four is actually a straight localisation, Arle and all. :p

I still believe that Kirby's Ghost Trap is the best of them, myself. You can't beat how unintentionally hilarious that game and its non-sequiturs are. :laugh:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But Kirby isn't unpopular outside of Japan, and only one of the four localised versions used a Western property. Moreover, the most obscure of the four is actually a straight localisation, Arle and all. :p

I still believe that Kirby's Ghost Trap is the best of them, myself. You can't beat how unintentionally hilarious that game and its non-sequiturs are. :laugh:
I think it's the best one too. It's really funny seeing Kirby talk.

Top Bottom