• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
=u= Ah, so that 's how it started...that answers my question, weirdness still for how it started in the first place though. xD
xD Well, of course! if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have come up with the "Volatile Hotdog" name and VolatileHotdog4Smash!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Depends on his playstyle.
Good answer. ;3

I would main him, even if he is bottom tier.
Better answer. ;3

Well, the Kirby characters are kinda...diverse in terms of competitive viability.

:4metaknight: is widely considered high-tier thanks to the recent buffs.

:4dedede: is often deemed one of the weakest characters in the game.

:4kirby: varies, but most people put him somewhere in mid-tier.

I think BeeDee will be a character that relies on spacing and good footsies. A projectile to poke in neutral and a good recovery might help.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Well, of course! if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have come up with the "Volatile Hotdog" name and VolatileHotdog4Smash!
=u= You and your crazy mind... xD Guess that's what makes you such a great friend to me for how long I known you and all.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Don't blame me, blame poor frame data and terrible disadvantage state~ ;3

Damn, now I want to a BeeDee metagame discussion thread.

I'm gonna try BeeDee if he's confirmed, just to see what the hype's about.

I can see him playing kiiiinda similarly to Pit in terms of fundamentals and footsies, I think I'd be okay~ ;3

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
:laugh:

I can see him playing kiiiinda similarly to Pit in terms of fundamentals and footsies, I think I'd be okay~ ;3
Only two people here have fought me, to date. If you have Smash 3DS, I'd be happy to pit the penguin against the waddler if or when the time comes. :p

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I hope Nintendo reveals two characters for the release of the Super Mario Maker stage and/or the end of the ballot, that would destroy the "only two characters left" theory.
I doubt they'd reveal a character so close to the end of the Ballot. That'd be absurd.
We went through 1 page in a single hour.

How is that even possible?
Now you have witnessed firsthand the power of the Cell Phone of Destruction!
;3
You'd have to fight @Jiggly for it.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I take my eye off my page to write one post somewhere else, come back and find there's 20 posts. Combine that with how the thread moves 3 pages each time I go to sleep, and I start to feel likes there's a conspiracy in this thread that revolves around me not being present somehow :laugh:.
So who's going to main BeeDee if he's confirmed?

I mean, I won't, but I'm wondering if anybody else intends to.
I would pick him up as a secondary for sure. I have some doubts that he'd become a co-main though (Not even my second most played is a co-main, just a secondary), the only ones I'm certain on that are Dark Matter and Jirachi.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, Dedede needs some buffs, I don't know why he doesn't receive them, maybe because Japan thinks he is good or something like that.
They don't.

Nobody thinks Dedede is good.

So yeah BeeDee is probably gonna be Meta Knight with a projectile and slower frame data.

I'm okay with that.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I take my eye off my page to write one post somewhere else, come back and find there's 20 posts. Combine that with how the thread moves 3 pages each time I go to sleep, and I start to feel likes there's a conspiracy in this thread that revolves around me not being present somehow :laugh:.

I would pick him up as a secondary for sure. I have some doubts that he'd become a co-main though (Not even my second most played is a co-main, just a secondary), the only ones I'm certain on that are Dark Matter and Jirachi.
=u= You know, speaking of Dark Matter, I really love that sprite of him in your sig, it's really nicely detailed and smooth in animation. xD Where did you get it, if I could ask you that, Zero? :)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I do. :p But, I click with him really well, so maybe I'm biased. :laugh:
I know, I'm being satirical~ ;3

"Bad" in this game is still really really good compared to other games. I just mean he isn't competitively viable. But who cares if the character's fun?

Incidentally, Reflex had a Sailor Dee avatar for a while.

There's our in~ ;3

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
MarioMeteor MarioMeteor Yeah, but don't worry, I've had him reported, he won't be back any time soon. And of he does, you know what will happen...

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
=u= You know, speaking of Dark Matter, I really love that sprite of him in your sig, it's really nicely detailed and smooth in animation. xD Where did you get it, if I could ask you that, Zero? :)

It's from Kirby Mass Attack so I'm not really sure if I could say I actually got it from anywhere :laugh:.
around the 21:20 mark

Also, I have a little bit of a weird question to ask, is anyone else already scared of Bandana Dee's implications for your main's match ups? I'm kinda worried that since Bandana dee is commonly described as anti-air, should be decently fast and will almost certainly have long range that he'd be a terrifying match up for :4jigglypuff:. I'm guessing that's further evidence that I'm paranoid isn't it :laugh: ?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's from Kirby Mass Attack so I'm not really sure if I could say I actually got it from anywhere :laugh:.
around the 21:20 mark

Also, I have a little bit of a weird question to ask, is anyone else already scared of Bandana Dee's implications for your main's match ups? I'm kinda worried that since Bandana dee is commonly described as anti-air, should be decently fast and will almost certainly have long range that he'd be a terrifying match up for :4jigglypuff:. I'm guessing that's further evidence that I'm paranoid isn't it :laugh: ?
Oh, God, no. I'm already sick of getting swatted out the air by Marth.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Also, I have a little bit of a weird question to ask, is anyone else already scared of Bandana Dee's implications for your main's match ups?
No, not at all. Several new fighters were already added, and I just learned the new match-ups and that was it. The same applies to all future ones, as well. :p

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

I'm gonna try BeeDee if he's confirmed, just to see what the hype's about.

I implore you to fight Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin 's Dedede. I was one of the few people that fought Tortilla, and that's the best Dedede I encountered. Not just you but anyone here looking for a more challenging Dedede.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's become legendary, hasn't it? :laugh: You WILL believe a Gordo can smack you three times at once!

I do hope that Bandana Waddle Dee gets something at least that useful... :p
It's a shame you don't have the Wii U version. Much as I hate fighting Dedede, I'd love to go a few rounds with you. It's been months since I've played a serious match on the 3DS version.
Zerp Zerp would you like to play? It's been a while since I've fought a good Jigglypuff.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's a shame you don't have the Wii U version. Much as I hate fighting Dedede, I'd love to go a few rounds with you. It's been months since I've played a serious match on the 3DS version.
I do have it, but it gets less than half the playtime because I can't cart a Wii U around with me. My 3DS, on the other hand, is always on me. I just plain prefer handhelds, either way. :p

If you're ever up for a 3DS match, let me know.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I do have it, but it gets less than half the playtime because I can't cart a Wii U around with me. My 3DS, on the other hand, is always on me. I just plain prefer handhelds, either way. :p

If you're ever up for a 3DS match, let me know.
One of these days. You don't have you're Wii U on you now?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Zerp Zerp would you like to play? It's been a while since I've fought a good Jigglypuff.
I want to say yes, but I haven't actually set up my 3ds's internet yet since moving (have only been playing locals/friendlies so far with my brother), would tomorrow be fine instead?

Last edited:

JetSwerve

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rushdrive (Wii U

Seems to be our final days of voting. I know it's been a long time, but I wanted to post this fan art I made. Not anything spectacular, but man, I like this stinking blue bandana wearing sphere. I hope he gets in Smash, and even if he doesn't, we can always hope for a next time...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Seems to be our final days of voting. I know it's been a long time, but I wanted to post this fan art I made. Not anything spectacular, but man, I like this stinking blue bandana wearing sphere. I hope he gets in Smash, and even if he doesn't, we can always hope for a next time...
xD That looks nice, although it being upside down is intentional or not, I just couldn't help but think he was like Batman or something, haha!

Anyways, nicely done! Great job with it!

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
They don't.

Nobody thinks Dedede is good.

So yeah BeeDee is probably gonna be Meta Knight with a projectile and slower frame data.

I'm okay with that.
WHAT?!
You are mistaken my friend! Let me put it this way.
Dedede's Pecking Order

1. Dash Attack
2. Side Smash
3. Dedede Jump
4. Shield break
5. Jet Hammer

Top Bottom