• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
View attachment 75153
I saw that joke coming from a mile away...

Exactly, it's a bit annoying that they have these one-offs. I wouldn't mind seeing these characters again and have a developed backstory or personality.

View attachment 75156
View attachment 75155
Heh. If that is how you feel, then allow me to present some evidence for you.
My savior disrespected your savior, so much so that he killed her with a taunt spike. How careless.
Luigi would probably grant Bandana Dee the power to have his spear pop Jigglypuff like the balloon that she is.

I think that might be possible, since in the second phase, he looks less like Magolor and more like an abomination.
Years ago when I first saw Magolor's second phase, I instantly thought he was possesed by the crown. The scene showing him going to phase 2 shows the crown acting oddly, and he's IN THE SHAPE OF THE CROWN.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was spreading the good word about my lord and savior, who art be in thy mansion.
Luigism honors his greatness as he has the power to overcome his pathetic brother and was able to grant my wishes.
"Dear Luigi, please let Shulk be playable!" Luigi responded to me and added Shulk on the roster.
"Dear Luigi, please don't let Sakurai nerf you too much!" Luigi responded and told me that he had to get a nerf, but he pulled through for us.
Luigi has defeated GODS, like a Dreamy Bowser and Palutena. He has saved the world with his amazing dance moves. When his brother was captured by ghosts, my savior showed him the light and path to enlightenment.
All I did was mention how awesome my savior was and you call me a sinner?
Luigi didn't get nerfed, matter of fact he got buffed. He also defeated the Mario equivalent of Lucifer. All hail Luigius, god of thunder!
YOU GOT THAT WRONG!!!
Do you really think that's my savior? That Jigglypuff is wearing a green hat, plus its movement is sloppy. Heck, that's not even your savior. People will anything to prove that Her Roundness isn't that great.
...What's wrong with the sleep cap, though?
Question Time: What do you think of Queen Sectonia? (her music,backstory,boss fights,character design,etc)
Her music was ****ing amazing, her backstory was too vague to be of interest, her boss fights were nice and challenging (**** Soul of Sectonia), and her design was decent. Still don't like her more than Magolor, and honestly, if Dark Meta Knight was a bit harder, I might like him more.

Hey guys, if Bandana Dee was in Brawl, what do you think his role would be in the SSE?
He would probably distracted Team Mario (:4mario:,:4link:,:4kirby:,:4pit:,and :4yoshi:) from :4dedede:. Maybe call his fellow Waddle Dees to cause trouble.
View attachment 75158
Oops! I presented the wrong evidence...
Here is my real evidence! 2 competitive matches where my savior single handedly defeats your savior!
Mother of God... how is this possible?
...What's wrong with the sleep cap, though?
It wasn't the real Jigglypuff.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Yes they is.
Unlike you and your "lord", :jigglypuff: has ONE book from ancient times called the Poke-bible. It was written by her followers who have seen her do her wonders. How could you put :4drmario: in a book/medical degrees when you never seen his " wonders"? (Like he has any.) We might have different lords, but we can agree that :4zss:,:4palutena:,:4robinf:,:4lucina:,and :rosalina: are the devils. right?
How dare you insult one of the twin robins, prepare yourself.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Guess what I just got baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

So turns out my friend that I loaned this game too months ago (if not a year ago) really enjoys the game and hopes to buy it in the future. I only got to play the first few levels before letting him borrow it. He's been working 6-7 days a week and I've never been able to get ahold of him. I finally managed to catch up to him and he got me the game back in perfect condition. Now I can actually play the damn thing and experience more B.Dee.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
We need to stop talking about gods and all that. Luigi defeating gods and Jigglypuff and all the god conversation is not related to BDee. If Chandy was here I'm pretty sure he would've posted multiple times to get back on topic. I will take that role for now. Get back on topic guys.

D

Deleted member

people are awake!

no one ever answered, if waddle doo in 64 is waddle dee possessed by dark matter does that mean future waddle doo could have dark Matter?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Waddle Dee was once looking for a white Nruff to ride.
He thought he spotted one from behind.
So he leaped on it.
Unfortunately for him,
IT WAS NOT A NRUFF
Twas not a Nruff.jpg
Please donate today to help our King Dedede's "Educate a Dee" program to educate Waddle Dees that there is no such thing as a white Nruff, you can prevent a tragedy today by donating merely 5$ a month.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Waddle Dee was once looking for a white Nruff to ride.
He thought he spotted one from behind.
So he leaped on it.
Unfortunately for him,
IT WAS NOT A NRUFFView attachment 75181
Please donate today to help our King Dedede's "Educate a Dee" program to educate Waddle Dees that is no such thing as a white Nruff, you can prevent a tragedy today by donating merely 5$ a month.
What if Zero and his dark matter things were a part of Bandana Dee's final Smash?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
What if Zero and his dark matter things were a part of Bandana Dee's final Smash?
That would be random as heck, but I'd be happy with it.
Just have it start with Dee freaking out and then running off screen, and then have a Dark Matter invasion begin. A few Dark matters show up, and Zero later on. Then, at the end after Zero's done wreaking havoc we have Dee come back on screen flying in a minecart that just slams right into Zero K.O.ing him and ending the invasion :awesome:.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
i realized something, the track that play during the Magolor phase 1 fight is called "under my control" that might mean he was possessed in his second phase because he lost control of the crown! what do you guys think?

i think it's kinda obvious i do.

"*facepalm*" may have confused him, it confused me.
Sorry, my mistakes. Order! :smash:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ladies and Gentlemen, there's something I need to say.

The past... little over 2 years has been one hell of a ride along the hype train. We're drawing to the conclusion of our main impact for what will likely be half a decade if not more.

I'm glad we could have our time and quarter here to voice ourselves, foolishly and aggressively at times, and in our hopes of our favorites to join the roster. While we of the Bandana Brigade are not the top seed among newcomers, I don't believe many of us aimed to be. It'd be untrue to Dee himself. We've been underdogs, often neglected even now in our impact, but by banding together we have become one of the top 5 among newcomers if not the top 3. For now, I don't know how much I'll be stopping by this little sub-thread. I wish that we will soon have our spears hoisted in victory.

It's been an honor. Together, we ride.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434

The past... little over 2 years has been one hell of a ride along the hype train. We're drawing to the conclusion of our main impact for what will likely be half a decade if not more.

I'm glad we could have our time and quarter here to voice ourselves, foolishly and aggressively at times, and in our hopes of our favorites to join the roster. While we of the Bandana Brigade are not the top seed among newcomers, I don't believe many of us aimed to be. It'd be untrue to Dee himself. We've been underdogs, often neglected even now in our impact, but by banding together we have become one of the top 5 among newcomers if not the top 3. For now, I don't know how much I'll be stopping by this little sub-thread. I wish that we will soon have our spears hoisted in victory.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok? That doesn't really add to the discussion though.

Likely, but just because a character is higly voted doesn't mean they'll instantly get in. It really matters if they would be a good buisness decision to make. Even if, say, Bayonnetta was a popular choice, Sakurai would be unlikely to add her since she isn't all too popular outside of the really invested gamers. Plus, parents would definetly likely complain.

Example time! Yay!

Bandana Dee is likely since he is both popular since he could easily be modeled off Kirby (something Sakurai has done for every DLC character so far) and is rather popular worldwide.

Issac is likely since he could easily be modeled off another swordfighter and, despite not being well known, is a swordfighter. Those always sell.

Ridley would not be likely since he would be difficult to make (since he couldn't be modeled off any other character) and Sakurai doesn't seem to like him.

Just because they're popular doesn't mean they'll get in *coughcoughiceclimberscoughcough*.
Agreed

Well isaac though

Japan is not really pulling votes for isaac that much (but they're are japan votes for him though.)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Heh :4dk:
And yeah, I'm kinda tired of one-off Kirby Characters too.
Like Marx? Gooey? Adeleine?
Prepare to never see them again! :troll:
You can blame the anime for, at the very least, Adeleine's role being cut short (it's entirely possible that the anime elements that they kept making nods to in the games may have pushed Gooey away, too; I don't think that Marx was ever supposed to return, though :p). The "no humans" edict about the anime definitely affected the games. The GameCube Kirby title was going to be out-of-character for the anime's sake, as well - thank goodness it was cancelled.

I would like to think, or at least hope, that we'll all still be in touch all that time from now. Even if we're not, I'll never forget these times - they've been good ones.

It has indeed been an honour. Let's make the most of this last week of the ballot, and hope for the best.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You can blame the anime for, at the very least, Adeleine's role being cut short (it's entirely possible that the anime elements that they kept making nods to in the games may have pushed Gooey away, too; I don't think that Marx was ever supposed to return, though :p). The "no humans" edict about the anime definitely affected the games. The GameCube Kirby title was going to be out-of-character for the anime's sake, as well - thank goodness it was cancelled.

I would like to think, or at least hope, that we'll all still be in touch all that time from now. Even if we're not, I'll never forget these times - they've been good ones.

It has indeed been an honour. Let's make the most of this last week of the ballot, and hope for the best.
Wait, the GCN version of RtD was going to be based on the anime? Hmm...might explain why the Clean copy ability was in the game, the burning castle (I was always thinking of Castle DDD being destroyed by Destraya in the anime, and in the trailer, it GREATLY resembled that) and why Water Kirby had its translucent skin color. Too bad, I'd love to see how the GCN version would look like in the end. Heck, it had HELPERS from KSS, for corn sake!

Hopefully, I get to see you AND the other Bandana-wearing brigadiers around on SmashBoards.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Wait, the GCN version of RtD was going to be based on the anime? Hmm...might explain why the Clean copy ability was in the game, the burning castle (I was always thinking of Castle DDD being destroyed by Destraya in the anime, and in the trailer, it GREATLY resembled that) and why Water Kirby had its translucent skin color. Too bad, I'd love to see how the GCN version would look like in the end. Heck, it had HELPERS from KSS, for corn sake!
No, it wasn't going to be based on the anime. It was going to have nods to it, as all of the Kirby games released around that time did (something that still irritates me because of the lasting effects it had on things like the Dark Matter saga, and how it caused the removal of characters like Adeleine). The fact that Dedede was supposed to be antagonistic was by the far the worst of these, and a sure sign of it being done for the sake of promoting the anime.

Hopefully, I get to see you AND the other Bandana-wearing brigadiers around on SmashBoards.
Likewise. :)

I would suggest that those who plan on sticking around request an invitation to the Kirby social forum from Chandeelure Chandeelure - at least if Bandana Waddle Dee doesn't make it, we've all got somewhere concrete to go once this crazy rollercoaster ride is over. ;)

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
The fact that Dedede was supposed to be antagonistic was by the far the worst of these, and a sure sign of it being done for the sake of promoting the anime.
But the games released around the anime were Nightmare in Dreamland, Air Ride, and The Amazing Mirror. The first was a remake of Adventure, where Dedede was mistaken for the villain, in Air Ride here was just a playable character, and in The Amazing Mirror, he didn't even appear.

What are you talking about?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
But the games released around the anime were Nightmare in Dreamland, Air Ride, and The Amazing Mirror. The first was a remake of Adventure, where Dedede was mistaken for the villain, in Air Ride here was just a playable character, and in The Amazing Mirror, he didn't even appear.

What are you talking about?
As I said, I'm talking about the cancelled GameCube title, which I mentioned off of the back of how the anime was the cause of the removal of certain characters from the games (which I mentioned after the subject of seemingly "one-off" characters came up). ;)

The anime nods went on for a couple of years after the show ended (the last nods I'm aware of being in Mass Attack). The ones in released games mainly centred around art-style (see: Castle Dedede, and general landscape design up until Squeak Squad) and visual characterisation (for example, Dedede's Gourmet Race sprites in Super Star Ultra, which are derived from Nightmare in Dream Land, have him getting visibly angry, where in the original version he was just plain shocked, just to cite a quick one off of the top of my head).

Or, in short: I was expressing distaste at the fact that it was planned to take the anime nods that were being made in game canon at the time too far with the canned GameCube game. ;)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i'm actually pretty confident in Bdee's changes.To the point were if he got in i wouldn'tbe surprised in the slightest.Not counting my chickens before they hatch or and i would never call him or any character a "shoe-in" just that i believe he has some of the strongest odds there is when compared to other character

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
i'm actually pretty confident in Bdee's changes.To the point were if he got in i wouldn'tbe surprised in the slightest.Not counting my chickens before they hatch or and i would never call him or any character a "shoe-in" just that i believe he has some of the strongest odds there is when compared to other character
My thoughts exactly. Like I said, in the end, it boils down to how many winners there'll be. If it's any more that 3, I'd go so far as to say he's guarenteed. That is, assuming all 906 of us have voted.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I found this in 4chan :drwtf:
This is such a beautiful work filled with tons of symbolism, it shows how Bandana Dee's inner subconscious is sick of himself being the butt of the group, and no matter how hard he tries to shake it off, he has to live with it forever, he will forever be the rear of end of Dedede, truly the deepest artwork I've ever seen.
(The technique of the art is actually pretty skillful, waaay better than anything I could ever hope to make, I'm legitimately jealous there)

Now I'm kinda scared of what will come after this.
387 2.0 inbound?

Last edited:
Top Bottom