• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

Ladies and Gentlemen, there's something I need to say.

The past... little over 2 years has been one hell of a ride along the hype train. We're drawing to the conclusion of our main impact for what will likely be half a decade if not more.

I'm glad we could have our time and quarter here to voice ourselves, foolishly and aggressively at times, and in our hopes of our favorites to join the roster. While we of the Bandana Brigade are not the top seed among newcomers, I don't believe many of us aimed to be. It'd be untrue to Dee himself. We've been underdogs, often neglected even now in our impact, but by banding together we have become one of the top 5 among newcomers if not the top 3. For now, I don't know how much I'll be stopping by this little sub-thread. I wish that we will soon have our spears hoisted in victory.

It's been an honor. Together, we ride.
Burruni....that was beautiful. but yeah if bandana waddle dee get into smash 4 I want you all to know that I love spending time with all of you and I hope we can all do this again in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
The enemies in Kirby are cute and that really helps the games. That is actually what brought me to Kirby in the first place. He's cute and that + me remembering things about wanting to play it led me to maining Kirby in Smash, then going to play my first Kirby game, Kirby's Dream Land.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Burruni....that was beautiful. but yeah if bandana waddle dee get into smash 4 I want you all to know that I love spending time with all of you and I hope we can all do this again in the future.
Maybe we should all team up to get Adeleine in next time, assuming they don't finally resume the Dark Matter saga before then, eh?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I was thinking we should just make a giant Kirby rep thread if Bandana Dee gets in, since to be honest, we're probably not going to ever agree on a singular character to support next, but I think it's safe to assume everyone here likes Kirby :p.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'd suggest Magolor.... but let's just get our Dee in first.
I don't really expect another Kirby rep for a while, if we do manage this. What I'm more miffed about is how the series got shaken up by what was effectively an outside product, and the Dark Matter saga was seemingly cut short by that, reduced to mere hinting ever since. :p I want it back! :laugh:

Last edited:
That sounds... suggestive. But knowing you, you probably intended that.
Yes, I intendeed that. Nopunintendo.

EDIT:
I don't really expect another Kirby rep for a while, if we do manage this. What I'm more miffed about is how the series got shaken up by what was effectively an outside product, and the Dark Matter saga was seemingly cut short by that, reduced to mere hinting ever since. :p I want it back! :laugh:
Yeah, don't really expect another Kirby rep after Dee either, at least for this Smash.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I think that the Dark Matter Trilogy had a solid ending, but at the same time, leaves itself open for more. Some other Kirby games have definite canon to them. Super Star (Ultra)>Squeak Squad>Mass Attack is one such story line.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That sounds... suggestive. But knowing you, you probably intended that.
I never would've saw that had you not pointed that out. That's hilarious.
What about the final boss of Squeak Squad? You finished that, right?
Maybe we should all team up to get Adeleine in next time, assuming they don't finally resume the Dark Matter saga before then, eh?
I'd rather go for Knuckle Joe.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What about the final boss of Squeak Squad? You finished that, right?
I haven't had the time yet, but I do know of it - it's an old game, and the statute of limitations on spoilers is way over with. :laugh:

But what I mean is, nothing as solid and connected as Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64 has since come of it.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Wow, this is very out of character.
Don't worry, it's just fanart XD
The best thing about fanart is making characters interact with other characters or do stuff that they wouldn't normally do :drohyou:
For example :dr-_-:
elvis tree.png

helmslock.png

kracko.png

Kracko best flying eye <3

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wait, Dark Matter's whole storyline was originally going to continue but they axed it in favor of making it closer to the anime? I always thought it was the ESRB, wonder if HAL ever regretted letting the anime influence their work. Makes me wonder if all the hints about Dark Matter like Dark Mind, Magolor Soul, Shadow Dedede having the stomach, and the blatant
Dark Crafter
aren't just cameos or one off appearances but are actually to build up Dark Matter's return so they can get back to what they originally intended to do anyway. I always hoped that's what it was for but this gives me new-found hope.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Has it really been only six days since my 500-Post-Celebration?

You guys weren't kidding when you said this thread is just made up of 10 or so people who post a lot.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Wait, Dark Matter's whole storyline was originally going to continue but they axed it in favor of making it closer to the anime?
Nothing official was ever said, but if you put together the evidence that is there*, it looks that way. That's why this is my guess.

*The nods in game canon that were made to promote the anime caused some changes in direction. The most obvious of these is the "no humans" edict which almost certainly resulted in Adeleine's eviction from the games (note that the anime pilot was made in 2000, so decisions about the final product that would air in Japan two years later would have been being made then), but also some temporary mischaracterisations and changes of art-style come into it, too. I think that it would be fair to say that the Kirby series has returned to fully being its own thing as of Return to Dream Land.

I always thought it was the ESRB, wonder if HAL ever regretted letting the anime influence their work. Makes me wonder if all the hints about Dark Matter like Dark Mind, Magolor Soul, Shadow Dedede having the stomach, and the blatant
Dark Crafter
aren't just cameos or one off appearances but are actually to build up Dark Matter's return so they can get back to what they originally intended to do anyway. I always hoped that's what it was for but this gives me new-found hope.
Having put it all together and looked at it properly, and noticed the increasing references in recent times, it gives me some hope, too. ;)

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I get Groucho Marx (or however it's spelled), but why does Whispy look like Elvis and why is Phosphora (if that's her name, I never played KI:U) riding Kracko?
If I recall correctly Phosphora can manipulate lightining just like Kracko, so there's something :drifloon:
But I have no Idea about Elvis Woods :drshrug:
Also, Dedede :4dedede: (4chan is a gold mine)
poor fish.jpg

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I get Groucho Marx (or however it's spelled), but why does Whispy look like Elvis and why is Phosphora (if that's her name, I never played KI:U) riding Kracko?
First off, yeah someone gets the joke, second off, please play Uprising, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Nothing official was ever said, but if you put together the evidence that is there*, it looks that way. That's why this is my guess.

*The nods in game canon that were made to promote the anime caused some changes in direction. The most obvious of these is the "no humans" edict which almost certainly resulted in Adeleine's eviction from the games (note that the anime pilot was made in 2000, so decisions about the final product that would air in Japan two years later would have been being made then), but also some temporary mischaracterisations and changes of art-style come into it, too. I think that it would be fair to say that the Kirby series has returned to fully being its own thing as of Return to Dream Land.

Having put it all together and looked at it properly, and noticed the increasing references in recent times, it gives me some hope, too. ;)
Is there confirmation that the anime affected the games, it could just be that they just didn't want to make Adeline return

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Is there confirmation that the anime affected the games, it could just be that they just didn't want to make Adeline return
Like I said, nobody ever said anything officially. Reading between the lines and observing all of the references that were made in the games at the time (see: Various art-style changes and visual mischaracterisation nods, the fact that they were going to drop years of character-development and make Dedede the villain in the thankfully-cancelled GameCube game, and the fact that Sakurai specified "no humans" for the anime before that appeared to carry over to the games when they suddenly dropped a character they'd been establishing for two previous games), is what makes it appear so. :p

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I haven't had the time yet, but I do know of it - it's an old game, and the statute of limitations on spoilers is way over with. :laugh:

But what I mean is, nothing as solid and connected as Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64 has since come of it.
Oh, good. I knew somebody was going to jump on me if I just said it outright.
But yeah, Dark Nebula. It's essentially a weaker version of Dark Matter, and it has the same powers of possession, so I think it's safe to assume that the two are one in the same.
Too bad Dark Daroach was an infinitely better boss, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Top Bottom