• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Whoops! Sorry guys, I know I'm about a day late to say this, but if B.D. were to be playable for Smash, THIS will be my reaction:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
8 days for the end of the ballot, 5 days for some stages and maybe more things.
Wait, your not supposed to count the current day when doing a countdown? If so, I've been wrong about this for my entire life :laugh:. (Makes sense, I've been always been terrible with dates)

If Bandana Dee makes it, do you guys think that he would eventually become more accepted as a character than he is now? I think people would start to notice said character as a independent entity and not just another Waddle Dee after he's on the roster. Sure there will probably be one day of people upset with the choice, but I think they'll turn around and realize it was a good decision only after the matter is done. Do you think he'd continue to be plagued by misconceptions, much like Jigglypuff, Olimar, Ryu, and R.O.B., or that the majority of those misconceptions about the character and maybe even some misconceptions about the Kirby franchise itself will be finally lifted?

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Wait, your not supposed to count the current day when doing a countdown? If so, I've been wrong about this for my entire life :laugh:. (Makes sense, I've been always been terrible with dates)

If Bandana Dee makes it, do you guys think that he would eventually become more accepted as a character than he is now? I think people would start to notice said character as a independent entity and not just another Waddle Dee after he's on the roster. Sure there will probably be one day of people upset with the choice, but I think they'll turn around and realize it was a good decision only after the matter is done. Do you think he'd continue to be plagued by misconceptions, much like Jigglypuff, Olimar, Ryu, and R.O.B., or that the majority of those misconceptions about the character and maybe even some misconceptions about the Kirby franchise itself will be finally lifted?
Yes.

Furret24

Smash Master
So, you're requesting a title change every day or sumthin? :/

Or do you have full rights to change the title whenever you want?
If he created the thread, I believe he can change the title, among other things.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
My Skylanders SuperChargers pre-orders arrived today. :grin:

Since we know that Kirby characters were at one point considered for the game's crossover content and figures, it occurs to me that it's pretty obvious that Dedede would have been the biggest contender, because, of the main Kirby cast, he'd be the easiest by far to have a Skylanders spin applied to his design. I've said before that I wonder if this influenced Hammer Slam Bowser, who carries a hammer that's as big as he is, and, in-game, throws Koopa Troopa minions - does that sound a bit similar to Dedede's Smash iterations to anyone else? ;)

Even though that didn't work out, I decided to take a photograph of my Dedede Amiibo and my Hammer Slam Bowser now that he's here;

In cooking this up, I realised something else, though: If the licensing issues hadn't cropped up and Dedede had been their choice for Skylanders SuperChargers, his vehicle would have been by far the coolest in the game. We all know that, unbecoming of royalty as he is, Dedede's vehicle of preference is a Wheelie Bike, and I'd imagine that that would almost definitely have been his SuperChargers vehicle. What an awesome figurine combo that would have been!

This has only left me wishing for a new Kirby racing game even more, now... :laugh:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
My Skylanders SuperChargers pre-orders arrived today. :grin:

Since we know that Kirby characters were at one point considered for the game's crossover content and figures, it occurs to me that it's pretty obvious that Dedede would have been the biggest contender, because, of the main Kirby cast, he'd be the easiest by far to have a Skylanders spin applied to his design. I've said before that I wonder if this influenced Hammer Slam Bowser, who carries a hammer that's as big as he is, and, in-game, throws Koopa Troopa minions - does that sound a bit similar to Dedede's Smash iterations to anyone else? ;)

Even though that didn't work out, I decided to take a photograph of my Dedede Amiibo and my Hammer Slam Bowser now that he's here;

In cooking this up, I realised something else, though: If the licensing issues hadn't cropped up and Dedede had been their choice for Skylanders SuperChargers, his vehicle would have been by far the coolest in the game. We all know that, unbecoming of royalty as he is, Dedede's vehicle of preference is a Wheelie Bike, and I'd imagine that that would almost definitely have been his SuperChargers vehicle. What an awesome figurine combo that would have been!

This has only left me wishing for a new Kirby racing game even more, now... :laugh:
Can you be live that it's still on the Wii, a console that hasn't has a game published in a year? Even Rodeha the Sky Soldier took the Wii version out during localization.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Can you be live that it's still on the Wii, a console that hasn't has a game published in a year? Even Rodeha the Sky Soldier took the Wii version out during localization.
I can believe it, due to the system's massive install-base. Rodea kept its Wii version even through localisation, though, as far as I know - it's just that it's exclusive to the limited edition bundle.

What I'm really impressed by is how much care has been put into keeping the Wii version of Skylanders SuperChargers looking as close to the 3DS one as possible, even though the 3DS' GPU is more powerful (the differences are minimal, and mainly appear to be focussed around lighting and shading). I went with the 3DS release, myself, being the handheld fanatic that I am. ;)

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
If he created the thread, I believe he can change the title, among other things.
Oh. That explains stuff... :/ I've only been to forums where whether you report the OP and ask for a title change, or cannot change title at all. Silly meh.

Actually, PushDustIn PushDustIn has found that one of those may be for a Pre-Ballot character.
What and when?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Actually, PushDustIn PushDustIn has found that one of those may be for a Pre-Ballot character.
*interesting voice*
Rreeeeally

The other 2 marios down they're under :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

One of the 2 may be pre-ballot.

(Ps you know what im talking about right?)
(Its the 5 marios that wad found under mewtwo from the data digging.)

That still doesn't help to show how many of the characters from the ballot will become dlc though.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh. That explains stuff... :/ I've only been to forums where whether you report the OP and ask for a title change, or cannot change title at all. Silly meh.

What and when?
It was a few days after the Super Mario Maker stage was announced and he pointed out that since that stage was obviously Pre-Ballot, he said that he may've been wrong about the fact that all characters would be Pre-Ballot. So he said that at the very least we could get 1-2 more.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
*interesting voice*
Rreeeeally

The other 2 marios down they're under :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

One of the 2 may be pre-ballot.

(Ps you know what im talking about right?)
(Its the 5 marios that wad found under mewtwo from the data digging.)

That still doesn't help to show how many of the characters from the ballot will become dlc though.
SMM Mario confirmed?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Shovel Knight, I suppose, could be considered Pre-Ballot, due to how early he was most likely decided on in the ballot's lifespan.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I didn't find anything, it's just a guess. I don't have any insider information about what's going to happen.

In my original post I stated that since Mario Maker uses one of the stage slots that @shinyquagsire23 found, in addition to the unused stage number on the website...it's possible that we will see pre-ballot content. I expanded on this point a little bit to create the September 30th Prediction Article on Source Gaming.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I didn't find anything, it's just a guess. I don't have any insider information about what's going to happen.

In my original post I stated that since Mario Maker uses one of the stage slots that @shinyquagsire23 found, in addition to the unused stage number on the website...it's possible that we will see pre-ballot content. I expanded on this point a little bit to create the September 30th Prediction Article on Source Gaming.
Yeah, I did kind of word it in the way of a guess, but this does beg questions. Not to Push, I mean in terms of other things.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord

Thanks for explaining. I was still rereading that article, confused for which part did you imply there's found one to be a pre-ballot character.

But speaking of these kind of "pre-ballot" "post-ballot" thing, I have a question... Why are we always judging the DLC content by "ballot"? Why comparing them by it's placement with accordance to a... period of time? There are no discussed possibility of a "during-ballot" content (I know this sounds stupid but I'm sorta confused), and wouldn't some content be released for promotional purposes (now proven existent by Mario Maker stage, not sure if there's more), thus not exactly related to the ballot?

Just saying...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Thanks for explaining. I was still rereading that article, confused for which part did you imply there's found one to be a pre-ballot character.

But speaking of these kind of "pre-ballot" "post-ballot" thing, I have a question... Why are we always judging the DLC content by "ballot"? Why comparing them by it's placement with accordance to a... period of time? There are no discussed possibility of a "during-ballot" content (I know this sounds stupid but I'm sorta confused), and wouldn't some content be released for promotional purposes (now proven existent by Mario Maker stage, not sure if there's more), thus not exactly related to the ballot?

Just saying...
Yeah, the Splatoon costumes, Super Mario Maker, this leads me to be live that our next Pre-Ballot character will in fact be, Wolf. And despite Star Fox Zero getting delayed, I don't think Wolf will be affected.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
How many 'good' video game movies have there been (Pokemon doesn't count as the films are based off the anime, not the games)? It seems to be the same with anime into live action. They are mostly terrible (I don't know any good ones).

Furret24

Smash Master
1 of #

# = how ever many of the ballot characters are going to be dlc

And this is a smash with dlc and we know atleast 2 more.
I meant as in how there aren't really winners, as this ballot more of a glorified suggestion poll with a hint of popularity added. I mean, if Goku, Shrek, and Ridley were the top 3 voted characters invite ballot, would they be added?
Shovel Knight, I suppose, could be considered Pre-Ballot, due to how early he was most likely decided on in the ballot's lifespan.
Implying a third party indie character with only one game from 2014 that never released in Japan will be added in Smash.
The short answer, never.
The long answer, never ever.
Fixed.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I meant as in how there aren't really winners, as this ballot more of a glorified suggestion poll with a hint of popularity added. I mean, if Goku, Shrek, and Ridley were the top 3 voted characters invite ballot, would they be added?

Implying a third party indie character with only one game from 2014 that never released in Japan will be added in Smash.

Fixed.
I know, we're all surprised about it, it's nothing new.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Fixed.
How?

We got hint on the 4 were pre-planned interview the dlc is going to be fan focused from here on out. And also he said he want to put as many dlc characters as possible (not like 100 more like a couple more.)

Besides the difference is Wii U/3ds has dlc the other 3 did not, ao this voting could be different.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
When will Hollywood realize that Video Game movies are a bad idea?
They never will, as there's no reason for them to do so - they still work off of the template established with Super Mario Bros.: The Movie (which also applies to movies based on old cartoons, toy-lines, and so on), which basically means that so many people will go to see them anyway, that the quality matters little to nothing.

How many 'good' video game movies have there been (Pokemon doesn't count as the films are based off the anime, not the games)?
There are a few. The 1986 Japan-only Super Mario Bros. anime movie, which I've mentioned before, is enjoyable, for example. The live-action film Cloak & Dagger (based off of the Atari game of the same name), from 1984, is a hidden gem. A relatively more recent worthwhile one is Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, which is an animated movie in the very same style as that series' own cutscenes.

If we're talking about things about the wider culture of gaming, 1982's live action plus CGI title Tron is an undisputed classic (its 2010 sequel, Tron Legacy is watchable enough, but it doesn't really share the same spirit or tone, or very much of a basis in gaming), and 1984's The Last Starfighter (also live-action) is fun, too. More recently in this vein, Disney's CGI gaming-fest, 2012's Wreck-It Ralph, is an absolute must for anyone's collection.

As for ones I haven't seen, apparently, the Japan-only Animal Crossing anime movie from 2006 was meant to be quite nice, as well.

Please try to stay on topic. Chandeelure Chandeelure wouldn't probably like these off-topic deescussions.
True, true. Please pardon the above - I really wanted to share those movie suggestions! :grin:

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
How?

We got hint on the 4 were pre-planned interview the dlc is going to be fan focused from here on out. And also he said he want to put as many dlc characters as possible (not like 100 more like a couple more.)

Besides the difference is Wii U/3ds has dlc the other 3 did not, ao this voting could be different.
He may be more focused on the fans, but he still has limits, like not adding 4th party characters or ones he doesn't want to make (ex. Ridley) even if they "win" the ballot.

Also, what do the other Smash games have to do with this?

Top Bottom