• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Excuse me, what's that thing about Bandana Dee not being popular for the Smashified guy?
The official account said that Bandana Dee wasn't popular enough, and it shows that the employees clearly aren't affectionate towards BD.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Ehh.... I am fine with BD not being Smashified. There is great art of him elsewhere and honestly Smashified has been going down in quality (In fact, despite what it's supposed to do, I honestly feel that their renders do not match up with the Smash renders,even Rayman's).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ehh.... I am fine with BD not being Smashified. There is great art of him elsewhere and honestly Smashified has been going down in quality (In fact, despite what it's supposed to do, I honestly feel that their renders do not match up with the Smash renders,even Rayman's).
Yeah, Isaac looks eww.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
You can only draw Bandana Dee so detailed I can't imagine Smashified being much better than say NintenZ NintenZ 's avatar. And using it for promotional reasons is impossible because the ballot's practically over. Plus, yeah, the Isaac 3D render...ech. Still, I would think it would be difficult to **** up Bandana Dee. He's hands down the easiest Frontrunner to draw.

I can't imagine drawing Bandana Dee would even take that long. They could probably crank it out pretty quick compared to other characters. Dee doesn't even have any details or what not. He's basically an orange pear with little feet, stub hands, and copy/paste Kirby's eyes. Now just add a blue bandanna and a simple spear and you're good to go.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
We're in the single digits, now, boys (and Andrea). Dee Day's less than two weeks away. Start praying to Lord Jigglypuff.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
We're in the single digits, now, boys (and Andrea). Dee Day's less than two weeks away. Start praying to Lord Jigglypuff.
I'm not the only girl that visits this thread, you know? Glad that this ballot thing is finally reaching its end, whatever "positive" or "negative" outcome happens regarding it.

Last edited:

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
So something I wanted to know from the last page. Are kirbies actually a species? If so, what makes Kirby different from other kirbies? And why can't meta knight copy abilities? Does a Kirby undergo a rite of passage where they permanently choose a copy ability? Or was meta knight damaged in some way that suppresses his natural Kirby abilities?

Furret24

Smash Master
So something I wanted to know from the last page. Are kirbies actually a species? If so, what makes Kirby different from other kirbies? And why can't meta knight copy abilities? Does a Kirby undergo a rite of passage where they permanently choose a copy ability? Or was meta knight damaged in some way that suppresses his natural Kirby abilities?
Well, we've never seen MK actually try to copy an ability, so who knows?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

That would look certainly cool, specially since it's MK.
=u= Maskless Meta is so adorable... xD

And Ice Meta looks awesome.

But if I had to be honest, I don't think Meta could do Kirby's moves, it would more than likely be unique to certain type of "Kirby" species.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Doctor_Link Doctor_Link - Yeah, they are. Officially they're known as puffballs (shortened to just "ball" in Japan). They don't necessarily all have that copying thing, though, I'd wager. After all, that's what makes Kirby unique.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
=u= Maskless Meta is so adorable... xD

And Ice Meta looks awesome.

But if I had to be honest, I don't think Meta could do Kirby's moves, it would more than likely be unique to certain type of "Kirby" species.
=U= He's awesome enough with the abilities he already has. :) So, even if that would be cool, I would not find it necesary for him to do that.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
=U= He's awesome enough with the abilities he already has. :) So, even if that would be cool, I would not find it necesary for him to do that.
Same. being a swordsmen is his unique ability for how he uses his blade, and that's all that matters to make him who he is as a character, which is awesome just the way he is. ^^

Furret24

Smash Master
I hate it when people give stats to characters and put "same as (Insert character here)". It's so much simpler if they just put a specific unit. (Rant Time Over)

You forgot an 8th costume and no offense, but those alts. are ugly.

Overall, a not the best moveset. The choices on moves feels uninspired, since most of his aerials are stolen from Kirby when they could've easily been unique and original moves. The balancing on his damage out is pretty bad, with his tilts and aerials doing too little damage and his specials doing too much.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If Dee gets in, there better be a bit in his trailer where he stands totally nonchalant between Ryu and Roy.

I will never tire of this gag.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I feel I'm constantly out of touch with the thread. :ohwell:

Hmm, so less than 10 days to go. Let's see what we get in the next DLC wave. The fact that such a moment is unprecedented in Smash's history adds to the experience.

:231:

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
We're nearing Dee end of Dee ballot. Cast thou votes so thou will'nt be left helpless.

Yeah coffee does things to me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want BD's trailer to begin similar to RtDL's opening. Kirby running with a cake (maybe Smash Ball here?) chased by Dedede and Bandana Dee, while Meta Knight is reading a book. Then instead of Lor Starcutter crashing you have the Smash characters crashing the party.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I want BD's trailer to begin similar to RtDL's opening. Kirby running with a cake (maybe Smash Ball here?) chased by Dedede and Bandana Dee, while Meta Knight is reading a book. Then instead of Lor Starcutter crashing you have the Smash characters crashing the party.

Or instead, Kirby, MK and Dedede leave to Smash. Then it cuts to a sad BDee. Cut back to the Kirby crew smashing. They realise BDee isn't there and they go back to get him. They return with him and Splash Art: Bandana (Waddle) Dee (whichever tagline is chosen).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Or instead, Kirby, MK and Dedede leave to Smash. Then it cuts to a sad BDee. Cut back to the Kirby crew smashing. They realise BDee isn't there and they go back to get him. They return with him and Splash Art: Bandana (Waddle) Dee (whichever tagline is chosen).
Waddles In! :)

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
So Omni won't Smashify Bandana Dee because he isn't too popular?
It's a shame and it's pretty contradictory of the evidence that has shown up. Maybe he doesn't like Bandana Dee. Maybe he didn't see the votes he got or other votes overshadowed Bandana Dee.
Who knows? What I do know is that we should move on from this and focus our efforts and creating propaganda. We have less than two weeks left; we should make the most of our time to get the word out about our character.
On the bright side, he is one of Japan's most wanted newcomers; that is a massive feat for a character that is seen as a bit divisive on Smashboards.

I know that I just restated what the others have, but I think that it bears repeating.
Hey guys, why do we want Bandana Dee Smashified by Artsy Omni anyway when we can just wait for his ACTUAL render!

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I want BD's trailer to start similarly to Luigi's intro video in Brawl's Subspace Emissary. Like Luigi is freaking out because there are Waddle Dees, that WHAM! BD's Spear (caps because it's epic) launches Luigi into the air.

And this is not too violent because Smash had a Sword user in the first game.

Top Bottom