• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Smashified isn't biased against Bandana Dee. They just haven't seen enough requests. We need to request like crazy. On Twitter posts, YouTube videos, ANYWHERE. Spread the word, because if we don't, he's apparently not considered popular.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Bandana Dee Social thread name poll, I feel guilty that I won't be able to add anymore submissions so if you have any ideas feel free to make your own poll with the same options plus the new ones.
Regardless, good night, and if it's not night, (probably isn't, my timezones weird) have a good day.
Mine's in 2nd (Not including my vote, which the poll won't let me make for some reason)!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So are we saying this won't be the social thread? Shame, I like this thread.
I don't think so. Omni is a huge fan of the Kirby series, they probably just prioritized other characters over him.
He Smashified Klonoa and Travis and then proceeded to call Bandanna Dee unpopular. There's definitely a flaw or five in that thinking process.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
About Smashified, it was only useful for propaganda, the ballot will end soon and we already have good Bandana Dee art.
It doesn't really matter now, plus the newest Smashified characters don't look that good, dat Isaac.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Still though, it would've been nice to have a popular channel make him the star. Publicity means a lot.
About my amiibo dilemma, I think it just be my night. I ordered the plastic model of Her Jigglyness. Hopefully Target doesn't **** this up.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
About Smashified, it was only useful for propaganda, the ballot will end soon and we already have good Bandana Dee art.
It doesn't really matter now, plus the newest Smashified characters don't look that good, dat Isaac.
Oh, the one that was a 3D model instead of an illustration? totally. Hopefully, if BDee gets that Smashified treatment, it will be an illustration again. =u= and seriously, if I was a pro like ArtsiOmni, I would love to do that myself.

Furret24

Smash Master
Oh, the one that was a 3D model instead of an illustration? totally. Hopefully, if BDee gets that Smashified treatment, it will be an illustration again. =u= and seriously, if I was a pro like ArtsiOmni, I would love to do that myself.
Well, you're still a really good artist. That has to count for something.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Well, you're still a really good artist. That has to count for something.
Thanks, but I don't think being good is enough. I need my professional title to at least believe it.

OMEGARIDS.jpg

For now, just doodles for fun. =u= poor Bdee.

Furret24

Smash Master
It appears to be Waddle Wednesday.

Here's your daily dose of Waddle Dee art.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It appears to be Waddle Wednesday.

Here's your daily dose of Waddle Dee art.
You'd think it would occur to Dedede to inform his troops that walking off of cliffs is, indeed, bad.
Goombas, I can understand because they're not very smart, (except for that one with psychokinesis) but Waddle Dees have shown to be able to competently follow orders, rebel, and otherwise be somewhat intelligent creatures. So why does it not click in their mind that walking off cliffs is not a smart idea?

Doctor_Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Plat002
3DS FC
0259-0882-5580
It appears waddle dee is only slightly more resistant to spikes than mega man. He explodes after bouncing off of them instead of when he touches them.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You'd think it would occur to Dedede to inform his troops that walking off of cliffs is, indeed, bad.
Goombas, I can understand because they're not very smart, (except for that one with psychokinesis) but Waddle Dees have shown to be able to competently follow orders, rebel, and otherwise be somewhat intelligent creatures. So why does it not click in their mind that walking off cliffs is not a smart idea?
You're making the mistake of assuming that those are members of the royal staff or army, and not just everyday citizens stepping out to defend their king. ;)

Hello everyone! :D

Longtime lurker here - I frequently visited this thread for a couple months now. Recently, I decided to finally dig out my old Smash Account (that I had and never used) and show some love to my characters of choice - while Shantae is still the character I want the most (even though she isn't the most likely character, to put it lightly), our Bandana wearing waddling friend is a VERY close second, and as a huge longtime Kirbyfan, I'd be more than ecstatic if he got in - and his chances seem really good, which makes me incredibly happy :D

So yeah, just wanted to tell you guys that I'm also a huge fan of his and that you guys have another supporter by your side. :D
I missed page 666 (Thank God)
You probably waited for us to reach page 666, didn't you?:troll:
Welcome :kirby:
Edit: I see we got over 900 'yes' votes for Bandana Dee.

Last edited:
Bandana Dee Social thread name poll, I feel guilty that I won't be able to add anymore submissions so if you have any ideas feel free to make your own poll with the same options plus the new ones.
Regardless, good night, and if it's not night, (probably isn't, my timezones weird) have a good day.
Voted for "Bandana Brigade HQ".

You're right!

I will now slink back into my corner.
You're back! ...and gone again.

(You can change your vote in the poll if you want to)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So are we saying this won't be the social thread? Shame, I like this thread.

He Smashified Klonoa and Travis and then proceeded to call Bandanna Dee unpopular. There's definitely a flaw or five in that thinking process.
I don't recall him calling Bandana Dee unpopular.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't recall him calling Bandana Dee unpopular.

this is probably what your looking for.
It's pretty depressing imo.

Edit: Also, I think I may just have given the first reply to Smashified that they didn't favorite or respond to in the entire history in Smashified :laugh:.
On a more serious note, I'd recommend not wasting our time with this, it wouldn't matter if we had one million people requesting for it, it seems it will be ignored regardless of how popular the character actually is. I think it's just their more professional way of saying they won't do it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Something I always thought about our Great King.
Aren't Gordos kinda the main thing to be afraid of in Kirby Games?
Those invincible, unmovable, insane damage-dealing motherhubbards are the bane of a lot of people's existence.
Then riddle me this;
What made Sakurai make Dedede's Gordo able to be reflected by something as weak as RYU'S UP TILT?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
this is probably what your looking for.
It's pretty depressing imo.
*Yes, characters like Bomberman and Travis are obviously more popular than him, well than I'll just back off and...*
They're just biased, I can tell, so let's just move on.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Yes, characters like Bomberman and Travis are obviously more popular than him, well than I'll just back off and...*
They're just biased, I can tell, so let's just move on.
This I can agree on.
If TRAVIS is more popular than Bandana Dee (Or Kumatora, for that matter) than they're obviously on something.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
The popularity thing is just a made up excuse, not even they would believe that Bandana Dee is unpopular, it's clearly just a way of saying we won't do Bandana Dee without looking biased or rude to the fans, really, it's common professional protocol. I honestly feel a little angry that they didn't just tell us the truth that they just don't like the character, I would have accepted that far easier than some made up excuse :glare:.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The popularity thing is just a made up excuse, not even they would believe that Bandana Dee is unpopular, it's clearly just a way of saying we won't do Bandana Dee without looking biased or rude to the fans, really, it's common professional protocol. I honestly feel a little angry that they didn't just tell us the truth that they just don't like the character, I would have accepted that far easier than some made up excuse :glare:.
Exactly, there's no way that characters like Travis would've gotten the treatment before him, I mean I was always curious about what he'd look like in Smash, but I never expected him to be Smashified over, Paula, Poo, Kumatora, Masked Man, or even Wes, you know, the dancing guy from Mother 3? Yeah, let's just move on.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

In times like these is where I wish more I could do it all myself, anything that someone doesn't give you, from a company or someone well known like ArtsiOmni, so I don't have to wait until they decide to do it or to take it in consideration. It's kind of sad that even as a designer to be, I can't. But I wouldn't let that ruin my day.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
In times like these is where I wish more I could do it all myself, anything that someone doesn't give you, from a company or someone well known like ArtsiOmni, so I don't have to wait until they decide to do it or to take it in consideration. It's kind of sad that even as a designer to be, I can't. But I wouldn't let that ruin my day.
As a person that's basically doing as you said, because of how Ubisoft works these days, I have to do things myself because of what I can't expect to get from them, I understand.

If I could, I would try to help to such skill as Omni if I could...but at this point, I still have much to learn before I could ever do what he could ever do...

AndreaAC

As a person that's basically doing as you said, because of how Ubisoft works these days, I have to do things myself because of what I can't expect to get from them, I understand.

If I could, I would try to help to such skill as Omni if I could...but at this point, I still have much to learn before I could ever do what he could ever do...
That's true, again that is why I'm making my own stuff, because it will never happen until I do it myself. And I'm honestly having fun giving what I can do for now, either it is for Ridley, Rayman, or Bandana Dee. And when I feel capable enough to try, I will do the Smashified thing or the modeling, even if it takes me years.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's true, again that is why I'm making my own stuff, because it will never happen until I do it myself. And I'm honestly having fun giving what I can do for now, either it is for Ridley, Rayman, or Bandana Dee. And when I feel capable enough to try, I will do the Smashified thing or the modeling, even if it takes me years.
This is why no matter what happens, I'm going to make what I want happen, whether by official sources or not, "if you want something done, you do it yourself."

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I honestly think that focusing our efforts on this is a waste of our effort and time, let's just move on.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I honestly think that focusing our efforts on this is a waste of our effort and time, let's just move on.
It's a shame that so much effort was put into this, only for it to end with what was said about the character.

It won't make any difference now, anyway. :p

You're right, let's just get on with whatever's left for us to get on with during these last ten days of the ballot, and have fun with it while we're at it! :grin:

Furret24

Smash Master
It's a shame that so much effort was put into this, only for it to end with what was said about the character.

You're right, let's just get on with whatever's left for us to get on with during these last ten days of the ballot, and have fun with it while we're at it! :grin:
I applaud you for looking positively on this. Kudos.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

One more thing I wanted to point out was that in the Iwata tribute, Bandana Dee wasn't included. Yeah, let's just move on and focus our efforts on other things.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I applaud you for looking positively on this. Kudos.
Thanks very much. :)

I think it's best to look at the bright side. Besides, the recent data from Source Gaming contradicts the opinion shown, at the very least - I think that's something more important to hold onto.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
One more thing I wanted to point out was that in the Iwata tribute, Bandana Dee wasn't included. Yeah, let's just move on.
Smashified has become jerks. They say that if enough people vote for a character to be Smashified, they'll Smashify them. And we got a little known character from a little known fangame. We also got Bomberman (whom I have nothing against) and he says Bandana Dee? HA! Lame!

Seriously though, I thiNK Omni Jacala is a Deetractor.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Let's not spoil the ballot's, and possibly (sad though it would be) even this thread's, twilight days with low blows and random accusations, guys.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Smashified has become jerks. They say that if enough people vote for a character to be Smashified, they'll Smashify them. And we got a little known character from a little known fangame. We also got Bomberman (whom I have nothing against) and he says Bandana Dee? HA! Lame!

Seriously though, I thiNK Omni Jacala is a Deetractor.
Just look at the positives and move on. I was just pointing out one last thing to show that we should really just move on. And it's not Omni, it's the others, Omni loves Kirby so please don't blame him.

I think it's best to look at the bright side. Besides, the recent data from Source Gaming contradicts the opinion shown, at the very least - I think that's something more important to hold onto.
Well that's great! Thanks for sharing that with us! :)

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master

Thought I'd add this too.

I'd agree, we all know that "not popular" is just an excuse, since we're easily Top 10 in popularity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom