• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So, moving past the Smashified matter, what are the odds that BDee has done something to Meta Knight? Just see the most recent Kirby games, and you notice that MK is noticeably absent. Triple Deluxe? Stone and Circus cameo. Rainbow Curse? Figurine and (oddly drawn) Secret Diary cameo. Although not exactly Kirby games, he cameos as a mask in Drum Dash Deluxe and I don't think he shows up at all in Kirby Fighters Deluxe (every time I type Kirby Fighters Deluxe I feel like I should call it Kirby Fighters Z, it's Japanese name). So, lets wonder why.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, moving past the Smashified matter, what are the odds that BDee has done something to Meta Knight? Just see the most recent Kirby games, and you notice that MK is noticeably absent. Triple Deluxe? Stone and Circus cameo. Rainbow Curse? Figurine and (oddly drawn) Secret Diary cameo. Although not exactly Kirby games, he cameos as a mask in Drum Dash Deluxe and I don't think he shows up at all in Kirby Fighters Deluxe (every time I type Kirby Fighters Deluxe I feel like I should call it Kirby Fighters Z, it's Japanese name). So, lets wonder why.
I don't know, it may just be a coincidence, but I'm not sure. It's most likely just a coincidence.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't know, the end of Triple Deluxe extra mode makes me think otherwise (if you've played the game you know why).
What do you mean? (Also put it in a spoiler please for people who haven't played the game please.)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So, moving past the Smashified matter, what are the odds that BDee has done something to Meta Knight?
If the collective wonderings of myself and MarioMeteor MarioMeteor are in any way onto something, the potential for that could well exist.

What we know is that Dedede and Meta Knight were at one point friends circa Kirby's Adventure, and then we've got this gap where they obviously had some sort of falling out, and then Meta Knight tried to overthrow the penguin with a massive overkill battleship in Revenge of Meta Knight.

Since the very title of Revenge of Meta Knight (or, Meta Knight Strikes Back, in Japan) alone makes Meta Knight's intentions abundantly clear, we hold that Dedede probably started it, either inadvertently, or whilst being mindful of some greater issue, or maybe even a bit of both of these things. MarioMeteor MarioMeteor posited that the Waddle Dee army could well have had a hand in it.

Given Bandana Waddle Dee's position of captain of the guard (we can infer this since he's Dedede's bodyguard), he could well have had something to do with it, too. It wouldn't especially surprise me if Meta Knight doesn't get on fantastically with BWD, as well.

Just see the most recent Kirby games, and you notice that MK is noticeably absent.
I know they've got a real-world explanation for this, but for the fun of it, I'm going to ignore it and also note that he doesn't get along well with Dedede, either. :laugh:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
What do you mean? (Also put it in a spoiler please for people who haven't played the game please.)
I spoiler tagged something once and I don't remember how to do it. That's also the reason I was so roundabout in saying it last post (the spoilerish thing).

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I spoiler tagged something once and I don't remember how to do it. That's also the reason I was so roundabout in saying it last post (the spoilerish thing).
The spoiler tags work like this;

Code:
[spoiler]Bandana Waddle Dee wears a bandana![/spoiler]
Bandana Waddle Dee wears a bandana!

:)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Escargoon was being talked about a couple of pages ago... I've honestly wanted him to appear in games as a supporting character.

He'd pretty much be Dedede's Kamek.

:231:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Back to what I said before:
At the end of Dededetour, the extra mode of 3DX, you fight Dark Meta Knight. If they wanted MK in the game they could have reused some assets from him

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Back to what I said before:
At the end of Dededetour, the extra mode of 3DX, you fight Dark Meta Knight. If they wanted MK in the game they could have reused some assets from him
I'm confused, what does this have to do with Bandana Dee.

D

Deleted member

So Omni won't Smashify Bandana Dee because he isn't too popular?
It's a shame and it's pretty contradictory of the evidence that has shown up. Maybe he doesn't like Bandana Dee. Maybe he didn't see the votes he got or other votes overshadowed Bandana Dee.
Who knows? What I do know is that we should move on from this and focus our efforts and creating propaganda. We have less than two weeks left; we should make the most of our time to get the word out about our character.
On the bright side, he is one of Japan's most wanted newcomers; that is a massive feat for a character that is seen as a bit divisive on Smashboards.

I know that I just restated what the others have, but I think that it bears repeating.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So Omni won't Smashify Bandana Dee because he isn't too popular?
It's a shame and it's pretty contradictory of the evidence that has shown up. Maybe he doesn't like Bandana Dee. Maybe he didn't see the votes he got or other votes overshadowed Bandana Dee.
Who knows? What I do know is that we should move on from this and focus our efforts and creating propaganda. We have less than two weeks left; we should make the most of our time to get the word out about our character.
On the bright side, he is one of Japan's most wanted newcomers; that is a massive feat for a character that is seen as a bit divisive on Smashboards.

I know that I just restated what the others have, but I think that it bears repeating.
Actually it's not Omni, it's the others. He wasn't the one who didn't know who Bandana Dee was, he wasn't the one who drew the Kirby part of the Iwata tribute, and he doesn't run the Smashified Twitter account. So please don't blame him. But I agree, let's move on.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Actually it's not Omni, it's the others. He wasn't the one who didn't know who Bandana Dee was, he wasn't the one who drew the Kirby part of the Iwata tribute, and he doesn't run the Smashified Twitter account. So please don't blame him. But I agree, let's move on.
This. Remember everyone, Artsy Omni isn't the only one doing these anymore, he helps, sure, but he has a team of other talented artists, and whatever are their reasons of not Smashifing BDee, blaming the person that started this series of art because he wanted something for the fans isn't the best thing to do.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I know they've got a real-world explanation for this, but for the fun of it, I'm going to ignore it and also note that he doesn't get along well with Dedede, either. :laugh:
I would say he was absent in Rainbow Curse along with our Great King because they were frozen in no-color-land
But then I remembered
that Elline met those two (If her Diary is telling us anything)
So I'm just like
"Eeeeehhhhh"

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Exactly, there's no way that characters like Travis would've gotten the treatment before him, I mean I was always curious about what he'd look like in Smash, but I never expected him to be Smashified over, Paula, Poo, Kumatora, Masked Man, or even Wes, you know, the dancing guy from Mother 3? Yeah, let's just move on.
Move on? I don't want to move on. I want to spread dissent and make other people paranoid of their characters being affected by this newly exposed bias. It's the perfect plan because they can't possibly do all the popular ones at once and will end up looking further biased causing even more dissent. You hurt my feelings so it's only fair that I get to hurt yours.:evil:

While I'm joking about it right now, I won't deny that I had and was considering the idea if only for a split second, and I'm honestly still pretty :shaker:y and angry about being lied to. But yeah, I agree, the best thing for us to do is to simply move on. It wouldn't help us to make this into some giant scandal (it would satisfy my craving for revenge though) as we'd be the center of attention and could get negative attention, but, more importantly, and the main reason as to not making this a huge deal, is that it would make us no better than them,and the kind of actions we'd be taking wouldn't be morally okay at that point. But, Zero Soul, they wronged us! You know what? While I'm still under the impression that we were basically just swept under the rug, it would be incredibly rude and selfish of us to spoil the concept of Smashified for everyone else. People in other fanbases look to it as a beacon of hope for them, and for others, simply a source of entertainment, and this event, while disappointing, completely unfair and infuriating, isn't near enough to be worth ruining it for everyone else. After all, I'd say we are one of the nicest communities on Smashboards, so I feel we should be known for our kind demeanor and the general relaxed nature of our thread, and not for our wrath and destructive capabilities! So, regardless of what our emotions tell us to do and how strong the urge is to do so, please, please, do the right thing.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I reckon they just didn't want to Smashify Bandana Dee because his design is pretty simplistic and he has plenty of good, official 3D renders.

I mean, it'd take about half the time every other drawing has due to the simplicity of the design, but I think it's fair reason.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I reckon they just didn't want to Smashify Bandana Dee because his design is pretty simplistic and he has plenty of good, official 3D renders.

I mean, it'd take about half the time every other drawing has due to the simplicity of the design, but I think it's fair reason.
That is indeed a fair reason. I dare say that no-one would have had any quibble with it at all had that been the reason given. :p

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If the collective wonderings of myself and MarioMeteor MarioMeteor are in any way onto something, the potential for that could well exist.

What we know is that Dedede and Meta Knight were at one point friends circa Kirby's Adventure, and then we've got this gap where they obviously had some sort of falling out, and then Meta Knight tried to overthrow the penguin with a massive overkill battleship in Revenge of Meta Knight.

Since the very title of Revenge of Meta Knight (or, Meta Knight Strikes Back, in Japan) alone makes Meta Knight's intentions abundantly clear, we hold that Dedede probably started it, either inadvertently, or whilst being mindful of some greater issue, or maybe even a bit of both of these things. MarioMeteor MarioMeteor posited that the Waddle Dee army could well have had a hand in it.

Given Bandana Waddle Dee's position of captain of the guard (we can infer this since he's Dedede's bodyguard), he could well have had something to do with it, too. It wouldn't especially surprise me if Meta Knight doesn't get on fantastically with BWD, as well.

If we're following the Waddle Dee Army/Meta-Knight Conflict theory, then Bandanna Dee would most likely have beef with the captain of the Meta-Knights, which, as far as we know, are Sword Knight and Blade Knight. That, and considering the fact that Bandanna Dee was actually cheering for Meta Knight along with Sailor Waddle Dee in Mass Attack, I think it's safe to assume that the two aren't enemies. By relation, maybe, but not by choice.

TheMetaZard

Smash Rookie
Bandana Dee would be one of the best best options for Smash! We have no spear users. He has a unique moveset. We need the last member of the Kirby quartet.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

That still doesn't explain why he was stated not to be popular.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
A tribute to someone who's passed on isn't an advertising billboard. If someone is making such a thing, it's to make a personal tribute, nothing else.
That is right. However I didn't exactly mean it in that way, I meant that he was part of an Iwata series, so it seems right for him to appear in the tribute. But I miss Iwata. :(

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You really appreciate the edit button, don't you?
Btw I'm sorry if what I said was taken the wrong way, I really hope you understood all where I was coming from. We all miss Iwata, and I didn't mean to be rude or anything, it was just an observation someone pointed towards me. I hope you can understand. :(

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Btw I'm sorry if what I said was taken the wrong way, I really hope you understood all where I was coming from. We all miss Iwata, and I didn't mean to be rude or anything, it was just an observation someone pointed towards me. I hope you can understand. :(
That's...not why I was getting at. I was poking fun at how much you edit. Something tells me you could never sleep if you were a writer.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee would be one of the best best options for Smash! We have no spear users. He has a unique moveset. We need the last member of the Kirby quartet.
Welcome to the brigade! i'm deelighted we are still getting supporters at this point.
If Water Kirby went underwater, would the entire body of water technically be his hat?
Now i want to try picking up chicks with a ocean on my head.
"hey how about we go out? i'll let you swim in my hat!"
i would do it just to see the look on their faces!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Can you prove it? If not then i painted the Monalica.

did you get the kirby master video?
I literally finished a book for five year olds about a war between dairy and grain and how a chocolate cookie resolves everything, need I explain more?

No, I've only finished the main part. But I'm almost done.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I actually am a writer. :3
What a coinky-dink. Do you chew on your pencil, thinking about if you put a comma in the right spot or not?
Now i want to try picking up chicks with a ocean on my head.
"hey how about we go out? i'll let you swim in my hat!"
i would do it just to see the look on their faces!
This makes me sad that Kirby is only a baby. Do Star Warriors or Kirbies even have hormones?
I literally finished a book for five year olds about a war between dairy and grain and how a chocolate cookie resolves everything, need I explain more?

No, I've only finished the main part. But I'm almost done.
I already like it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What a coinky-dink. Do you chew on your pencil, thinking about if you put a comma in the right spot or not?

This makes me sad that Kirby is only a baby. Do Star Warriors or Kirbies even have hormones?

I already like it.
Not really, i usually put my commas in the right places.

Top Bottom