• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Because the roster of the game is already massive ^^ There's a limit for how many characters a competitive fighting can have without becoming an unbalanced mess, unfortunately. And even if many of us don't care about the balance of the game, it is something important for many other players and Nintendo is showing that they care about it by patching the game frequently... So if a franchise is to get a fourth rep, I think it should be Kirby series, since it is more popular, it sells better, the games are a lot better (personal opinion of course, but still) and Kirby characters are adorable and mascot-ish, which is something that I think Smash needs after the many human-like/anime-esque characters we got in Smash 4.
Definitely this. To add characters and to have the game stay balanced, as well as having those characters be balanced with the rest of the cast, is important and time consuming. So, Nintendo and Sakurai can't add as many characters such as 10 or so, especially with a smaller staff.

So, I rather have Kirby be given a 4th rep, not just because of my personal preference. Kirby is important to the video game industry and it sells a lot more than Star Fox; Kirby continues to have good games while Star Fox has been past its prime for quite some time. I'm more than fine with Wolf returning, but I think asking for a 4th rep is a bit too much. And yeah, I would like some variety to the roster and Kirby characters would definitely add that.

Also, this is just a question, but what is RTC? Everyone is complaining about it and I'm just sitting here, wondering what it is.
Rate Their Chances

I think that if Bandana Dee is a newcomer, he will have little things/sprites in his bandana in some of his alts., like Ness's and Lucas's t-shirts and Dedede's... belt?
Maybe. I can see that happening.

Am I the only one who thinks Kracko is underrated?
Also, does anyone dislike King Dedede and Meta Knight's design from Kirby's Return to Dreamland ?
Not at all.
I think I kinda dislike Dedede's artwork from Triple Deluxe... he looks weird in it.

Definitely this. To add characters and to have the game stay balanced, as well as having those characters be balanced with the rest of the cast, is important and time consuming. So, Nintendo and Sakurai can't add as many characters such as 10 or so, especially with a smaller staff.

So, I rather have Kirby be given a 4th rep, not just because of my personal preference. Kirby is important to the video game industry and it sells a lot more than Star Fox; Kirby continues to have good games while Star Fox has been past its prime for quite some time. I'm more than fine with Wolf returning, but I think asking for a 4th rep is a bit too much. And yeah, I would like some variety to the roster and Kirby characters would definitely add that.

Rate Their Chances

Maybe. I can see that happening.

Not at all.
I think I kinda dislike Dedede's artwork from Triple Deluxe... he looks weird in it.
:4dedede: is the hammer wielder in Smash 4, and Bandana Dee might be the only spear wielder.
I agree that Kirby should get their fourth rep before Star Fox, and Dedede looked weird in Triple Deluxe.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I agree that Kirby should get their fourth rep before Star Fox, and Dedede looked weird in Triple Deluxe.
The design in Triple Deluxe is a modernised reworking of his design in Kirby 64. He's noticeably beakier and sterner-looking with that look.

The design in Triple Deluxe is a modernised reworking of his design in Kirby 64. He's noticeably beakier and sterner-looking with that look.
Jeez, Tortilla Noggin... what's with all the Kirby Trivia today? (Keep it up)
O_O Oh god, that Amy is NIGHTMARE FUEL... NOPE NOPE...
Did you forget about Shadow the Edgehog? I get it, Shadow is the 2nd most popular character in the series besides :4sonic:, but did Sega really need to put him in Sonic Boom?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Jeez, Tortilla Noggin... what's with all the Kirby Trivia today? (Keep it up)

Did you forget about Shadow the Edgehog? I get it, Shadow is the 2nd most popular character in the series besides :4sonic:, but did Sega really need to put him in Sonic Boom?
I don't care about Shadow.

And I like amy, but that version of her in that comic just terrified me...

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Since @ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS mentioned 4chan
When I went there yesterday I found a LOT of deetractors, like A LOT
They were using the stupid "Goomba Argument"
Someone mentioned that he would prefer a generic Waddle Dee with different hats as a joke character
And one of them even said something like this
"Kirby is like Nintendo's Sonic, it attracts autism"

I also found this
There's even a thread right now on /v/ about him
They are trying to make him the new Ridley :drsad:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Someone mentioned that he would prefer a generic Waddle Dee with different hats as a joke character

I also found this
xD That face...

And well, that's why I brought it up.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309736941/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan-redux

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well... Dedede did pimp slap Bowser in the Subspace Emissary.
And...

And...

"Curiouser and curiouser ..."
And...

"Ah--soft and squishy."
Sakurai... what have you done?!
And thus the childhoods of many Kirby fans were both ruined and improved. Thank you based Sakurai.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

I also found this
The new Ridley, you mean King K. Rool?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
The new Ridley, you mean King K. Rool?
K. Rool didn't got personally deconfirmed by Sakurai :seuss:
Also, If you're talking about his Kostume, the Ballot is not over until it's over
That kostume isn't a way of saying "K. Rool will never be in, have this instead" :drshrug:
And then there's this :drsad:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309763220/he-didnt-vote-for-bandana-big-******-waddle-dee

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Also, If you're talking about his Kostume, the Ballot is not over until it's over
That kostume isn't a way of saying "K. Rool will never be in, have this instead" :drshrug:
I'm not saying that. There's a lot more similarities to King K. Rool's usual detractions and Ridley's detractions than Bandana Dee.

I also found this
Ignore them, why do people insults others just because of their opinions? That's childish. (Then again, it's 4chan)

And then there's this :drsad:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/309763220/he-didnt-vote-for-bandana-big-******-waddle-dee
Look at all this salt, months later,people will like Bandana Dee and thinks he's cool.
Then again, its the internet.
True dat.
Someone give this man needs a drink.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hey guys, what is your favourite generic enemy that is not some form of Waddle Dee. Waddle Doo is allowed. I will go for the Bllippers. They look somewhat like a Fish Kirby.
Definitely Waddle Doos, although Waddle Dees and Goombas are some of my favorite enemies in all of everything.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You know what would make a good custom neutral special? The Hadouken Kirby gets when you charge up Beam. Why doesn't Kirby get different custom moves like Palutena? Imagine having Beam and Bomb for neutral specials, or Tornado and Hi-Jump for up specials. Why, Sakurai?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I love Kirby, but his moveset is pretty generic and that's terrible considering the amount of potential he has.

D

Deleted member

You know what would make a good custom neutral special? The Hadouken Kirby gets when you charge up Beam. Why doesn't Kirby get different custom moves like Palutena? Imagine having Beam and Bomb for neutral specials, or Tornado and Hi-Jump for up specials. Why, Sakurai?
Meta Knight's neutral b inhaled is kinda like Tornado.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
One of the things I've been pondering is what the next wave of DLC will entail. I wrote on SourceGaming that we've reached the end of the Pre-Ballot stuff. Most of what was been released was shown off as late as mid-June and a lot of that was planned even earlier. We've really been left in the dark since and its mid-September now. You think that they've had to be working on something in the background. On a similar note, the ballot ends October 3rd. Will they not decide any characters until after that? Also, what other content will they release. I've been wondering if they'll have any more mode, and it seems plausable with how long it's taking to show us anything new.

For those of you who don't know, Nintendo often shows a lot off in the fall. Nintendo use to do something called Space World instead of attend the Tokyo Game Show (a trade show on the scale of E3). Nintendo stopped Spaceworld a long time ago, but still showed off information, and this was later co-opted by the Nintendo Directs. I don't expect Nintendo to attend the Tokyo Game Show, so I wouldn't doubt they will show off a lot more information on games coming out in the fall (Starfox Zero, Tri-Force Heroes) and early next year. Perhaps that is when they will show off Smash news. (Fun fact: Sonic was shown off during Nintendo's fall presentation)

So hopefully we'll hear some more new in October. Maybe Nintendo will start doing Directs again. I'd like to here your guys thoughts on this, so feel free to add.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Meta Knight's neutral b inhaled is kinda like Tornado.
Good point, but if you want to be technical it's Mach Tornado. There's still Wing Kirby.
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I love Kirby, but his moveset is pretty generic and that's terrible considering the amount of potential he has.
It's even more surprising considering the developer and the fact that The Subspace Emissary was pretty much Kirby Super Star featuring Nintendo characters.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

I also found this
Untitled-1.jpg

Ridley: "*reads note with silly arguments* Seriously? From all the characters that they could have chosen, they decided to start picking up on you?"

BDee: *Nods*

Ridley: "Well, that's the nature of the internet, no one is safe. But, you know what? just burn that thing and pay no mind to them. As someone that has dealt with that for years now, I know it's no use to try to respond to them and get down to their level."

BDee: *Nods again and using his spear, puts the paper at the top and Ridley adds a flare*

Yup, hope it doesn't go any further than that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom