• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hey guys, what is your favourite generic enemy that is not some form of Waddle Dee. Waddle Doo is allowed. I will go for the Bllippers. They look somewhat like a Fish Kirby.
Would it be cheating if I count Dark Matter, because they technically are variants of it that are purely enemies spawned by Zero in KDL3?
In case that is cheating (probably is, for obvious reasons), then Simirror, I love that little guy's design and mirror is a awesome ability.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
so the Japan results of the Source Gaming poll was released. idk if you saw it, but BDee is the 2nd most wanted newcomer and Magolor was the 4th most wanted. I think a Kirby newcomer is coming. Im now 80% sure we're getting BDee
I posted it earlier, but BDee is actually 4th (3rd removing Roy).

Just going to share this here.

So, if we remove Roy since he's in, this makes BDee 3rd most wanted in Japan.
Newcomer wise yeah, I didn't read your post right, but all characters including, BDee does have good chances still.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, i didn't expect a rebuttal like this... but sure, whatever floats your boat. I don't see this being a big deal with other fighter like games having even more characters then this game and all, but whatever, it is what it is.
I was just sharing my views on the "why not both" It is not "whatever floats my boat". Balancing a game is hard and the more characters, the harder it gets. Also, show me one competitive fighter that has more characters than Smash 4. Games like the Dragon Ball Z fighting games, which have massive rosters, aren't really made with competitiveness in mind. You won't find many. I think there's a Tekken game with a bigger roster, but it is the exception to the rule.

But anyways, if you want to expect fourth reps of both Kirby and Star Fox, then that is not my problem. "Whatever floats your boat" ;)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I was just sharing my views on the "why not both" It is not "whatever floats my boat". Balancing a game is hard and the more characters, the harder it gets. Also, show me one competitive fighter that has more characters than Smash 4. Games like the Dragon Ball Z fighting games, which have massive rosters, aren't really made with competitiveness in mind. You won't find many. I think there's a Tekken game with a bigger roster, but it is the exception to the rule.

But anyways, if you want to expect fourth reps of both Kirby and Star Fox, then that is not my problem. "Whatever floats your boat" ;)
...I really didn't mean any offence...

It was me trying to saying what you said, it being your opinion, which I was agree towards...

I see games like MarvelXWhatever as a game series with multi characters ranging in the 50+ area if I recall, and I would think that's competitive from how people seem to bee with games similar to games like Streetfighter.

Whatever Sakurai can handle is just how much we'll get. That's really all I have to say...

Pretty sure Jiggly mean't that he's the 2nd most popular newcomer, not the 2nd most wanted overall character :laugh:.
I edited my post before you replied...I'm sorry for making a mistake, I didn't noticed.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I edited my post before you replied...I'm sorry for making a mistake, I didn't noticed.
It's a pretty easy mistake to make, don't see why anyone would be upset, if anything I should be sorry (and I am) that I didn't see the edit quick enough. I apologize for my sluggishness.

I just realized that Dixie and K.Rool's combined percents are 14.2% which is pretty darn close to Magolor + BDee's 13.5%, so a Kirby rep is nearly as wanted as a DK rep in Japan, I think that's kind of a big deal.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys, what is your favourite generic enemy that is not some form of Waddle Dee. Waddle Doo is allowed. I will go for the Bllippers. They look somewhat like a Fish Kirby.
Wheelie, because I really like the Wheelie Helpers that appear in Kirby Super Deluxe and Kirby Air Ride. :grin:

Agreed. I usually prefer old characters getting development over new characters being introduced. It is what I wish Game Freak would do with Pokémon. Instead of introducing 100 new Pokémon every generation, why not develop the old ones instead...
Why not is probably because the game mechanic that the Pokemon games hinge on is collecting, trading, and battling large numbers of creatures. Using old ones every time would become stale - it's why we get new fighters in Smash, too. :p

so the Japan results of the Source Gaming poll was released. idk if you saw it, but BDee is the 2nd most wanted newcomer and Magolor was the 4th most wanted. I think a Kirby newcomer is coming. Im now 80% sure we're getting BDee
It's also worth noting that Adeleine is at number 42, as well, meaning that there are three Kirby reps in the top 50 in these results. And here's the relevant bit from the article;

An important thing to note about Magolor and Waddle Dee is that I’ve seen a lot of posts claiming that the Kirby Series is underrepped. This explains why we have 3 Kirby reps in the top 50. The Kirby franchise is very popular in Japan, so I’m not too surprised by this feeling.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
When I looked at that link, I swear I saw Galacta Knight at 48th.
Whoah, you're right! That makes for four of them. Now that is interesting, and it flies in the face of some of the claims against the series and its characters that you see out there, too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tick, something about those things makes me go "Awwwwwwwww" and "Oh my god!".

I hope that's a joke, RTC is just a thread full of bias.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Whoah, you're right! That makes for four of them. Now that is interesting, and it flies in the face of some of the claims against the series and its characters that you see out there, too.
When people said there were 3 reps in the top 50, I thought 'BDee, Magolor and Adeleine have got to be those 3'. I looked and saw Galacta and thought 'No Adeleine. Odd'. Now I know there are four. That's great.:kirby:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I forgot all about these things in 64. I love them so much, they are so cute even when they get mean face too. xD
For some reason, I think that their appearance in Kirby's Dream Land 3 is a bit freakier than their appearance in Kirby 64. :laugh:

When people said there were 3 reps in the top 50, I thought 'BDee, Magolor and Adeleine have got to be those 3'. I looked and saw Galacta and thought 'No Adeleine. Odd'. Now I know there are four. That's great.:kirby:
The write-up in the article specifies three, as well, incidentally. A small correction for @PushDustIn, there. :)

I hope that's a joke, RTC is just a thread full of bias.
Yeah, The RTC's reason for not wanting Bandana Dee was:
1. Kirby doesn't need another rep
2. I don't like Kirby, so there
3. He's just a Waddle Dee
4. Sakurai Bias
Listen, if you don't like/care for Kirby, that's fine. But, that shouldn't be the reason for you to put him down.
Who would have guessed that Magolor would be such a popular character. The Return to Dreamland team might be together again.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Sorry guys I been gone for sometime now can you tell me what I miss?
There was a @PushDustIn Source Gaming article that said BDee was the 4th (technically 3rd cause of Roy*) most popular Japanese character voted, and that there are FOUR Kirby series reps in the top 50 (BDee, Magolor, Adeleine, and Galacta Knight).

*Roy was only there due to the results being taken from April 1st to about last week or some time (I'm probably wrong on the date).

Also, this is just a question, but what is RTC? Everyone is complaining about it and I'm just sitting here, wondering what it is.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Since you guys are talking about Waddle Doos (kinda:drshrug: )
Look what I found

Don't take it seriously XD
I found it on 4chan with the caption :drifloon:
"I DOO WHAT I GOTTA DOO"

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Also, this is just a question, but what is RTC? Everyone is complaining about it and I'm just sitting here, wondering what it is.
I'm guessing that it's short for "Rate Their Chances", which is a thread (with a self-explanatory title :laugh:) in this section of Smashboards.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Since you guys are talking about Waddle Doos (kinda:drshrug: )
Look what I found

Don't take it seriously XD
I found it on 4chan with the caption :drifloon:
"I DOO WHAT I GOTTA DOO"
o_o a question, what is coming out of the Yellow Waddle Doo's eye?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That yellow Waddle Doo is King Doo, it's the miniboss form of the Beam ability.
That thing is his hair.

EDIT: Ninja'd
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom