• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
So, guys, I looked at some of the different moveset ideas on the first post of this thread, and it got me thinking...

What do you guys think regarding potential Final Smashes for Bandana Dee? Most of the movesets in the original post were created by people who don't really seem to be a part of the current actively-posting group here. So, I'm curious as to what you guys predict.

For instance, do you expect it to reference the Megaton Punch from Super Star, or do you think it would make more sense to do something involving his spear weapon? Or maybe something different entirely...?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So, guys, I looked at some of the different moveset ideas on the first post of this thread, and it got me thinking...

What do you guys think regarding potential Final Smashes for Bandana Dee? Most of the movesets in the original post were created by people who don't really seem to be a part of the current actively-posting group here. So, I'm curious as to what you guys predict.

For instance, do you expect it to reference the Megaton Punch from Super Star, or do you think it would make more sense to do something involving his spear weapon? Or maybe something different entirely...?
I would like "Megaton Spear", or something like Dedede's Final Smash, but with a spear... and without a bomb.
It would be cool if the king and his servant have some similar attacks or animations.
Bandana Dee with Dedede's down tilt would be cute.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

Megaton Punch would be the most fitting, but getting a second spear (Attacking twice for one button input) would be awesome.

Edit: I can't wait until I find out how to turn off autocorrect.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

The general consensus is that it'll be either Waddle Dee Tank, Megaton Punch, or if we get Sakurai'd, probably some alteration of Waddle Dee Army.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Do you think Bandana Dee will have a redesign in the future?
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/ Press the button for my reaction.
But seriously, all I'd want is a more unique spear design, and MAYBE something on his bandana.

Hidden deep within the pages of this thread, forgotten by time, I have made many movesets including Final Smashes.

Nobody paid attention to them after my first attempt.
Megaton Punch. Nobody cares what I think either way, so whatever.
Edit: Avatar changed.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hope Bandana Dee's Final Smash is not like Ike's, Greninja's, Robin's and Mii Brawler's but with a spear.
Even Zoroark, a Pokeball Pokemon, does that XD

Waddle Dee Army, but in a cutscene would be cool too.

Last edited:

Pennate

Smash Cadet

I would like Bandana Dee's Final Smash to be Megaton Punch, but I could easily see something involving Landia or Waddle Dee Tanks.

I would not be opposed to a completely fabricated option, though.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I hope Bandana Dee's Final Smash is not like Ike's, Greninja's, Robin's and Mii Brawler's but with a spear.
Even Zoroark, a Pokeball Pokemon, does that XD

Waddle Dee Army, but in a cutscene would be cool too.
xD You know, I don't know why I had the random idea of Bandana Dee summoning Google Chrom instead of Waddle Dees, and that Robin had them instead.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
There's three ways to go with a Bandana Dee Final Smash

A) Megaton Punch, his debut and potential for a super finisher tier hit.

B) Something massive about the Dees, like support being called in from a Waddle Dee tank, Cannon, or Train.

C) Something god-tier with spear skills, "Ultra Spear," more or less.

Bonus points if it goes Disgaea tier absurd (skip to 3:55)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
There's three ways to go with a Bandana Dee Final Smash

A) Megaton Punch, his debut and potential for a super finisher tier hit.

B) Something massive about the Dees, like support being called in from a Waddle Dee tank, Cannon, or Train.

C) Something god-tier with spear skills, "Ultra Spear," more or less.

Bonus points if it goes Disgaea tier absurd (skip to 3:55)

So Bandana Dee sends his spear flying into space, crashing into the moon. Then the moon absorbs it, making it stronger by giving the spear its moon energy. And the spear comes flying back down to Earth, enhanced and more powerful, landing with a big crash. This is so Japan.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So Bandana Dee sends his spear flying into space, crashing into the moon. Then the moon absorbs it, making it stronger by giving the spear its moon energy. And the spear comes flying back down to Earth, enhanced and more powerful, landing with a big crash. This is so Japan.
The entire Disgaea series sells itself with the tongue-in-cheek absurdity of its scaling. Lv9999 cap, stats in the billions, damage to MATCH those stats, and skills that are law of awesome by stupidity.

To the point that one of the Alraune skills is a BLATANT copy of the Giga Drill Breaker.

And it has ONE game that came out on a Nintendo console, the DS remake of Disgaea 1

#LaharlForSmash

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Landia is pretty cool, although I don't really expect them to go with that option.

If his Final Smash is Megaton Punch, I wonder if the Power Meter, Target Rings, and Timing Pendulum from the sub-game will appear as a part of the Final Smash. As in, they will appear one by one and you'd have to press A at the right time to make the attack stronger. And, of course, to prevent the player from stalling during this part, they could make it so that they will automatically stop and move on after a second or two, so you have to act somewhat fast in order to properly power-up the attack. Also, perhaps the attack would release shock-waves when it lands, so that players who tried to run away could still take damage from it.

...Or maybe that's too complicated and they would just make it completely automatic. IDK.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Maybe, but would it have anything that can also set it apart from Yoshi and Charizard's Final Smashes?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Dedede's Final Smash is so random, I will never know why Nintendo didn't make Masked Dedede his Final Smash, or at least an alternate costume.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Dedede's Final Smash is so random, I will never know why Nintendo didn't make Masked Dedede his Final Smash, or at least an alternate costume.

=u= come on, Chandelure, at least it is funny!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only thing that makes sense is that it is loosely based on the bomb and egg minigame in Kirby's Adventure. His Final Smash probably was changed because the 3DS probably couldn't handle all of those Waddle Dees on screen or maybe it wasn't seen as balanced enough to be a Final Smash; it can't be because of his character because Waddle Dees are a part of his character.
Dedede Burst is a worse Final Smash no matter how you slice it; even if King Dedede does get someone, they might escape before the move ends. Why in the world does this happen? It's like in Melee how you can escape Kirby's grabs; it was idiotic and makes no sense for balance purposes or even at all.

I prefer Masked Dedede myself and I am sad that they didn't go for that as his Final Smash.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Bandana Dee Final Smash: Absorbing Everything.

I wonder what would happen if Bandana Dee ate a Hypernova fruit.
You mean "absorbed" a Miracle Fruit. I don't know, maybe his spear would become disgustingly OP or something.
Honestly, I think Waddle Dee Tank would be an incredibly badass Final Smash.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'll take care of the We Bare Bears whatever...I got an idea.

Don't post if it's not on topic, not going to lie while I was scrolling down that page I thought we may have gotten locked.

I dont quite remember what @ Jiggly Jiggly dibbed but if we be dibbing I call moveset analysis/combos

I'll call it The Kings Courtyard - Bandana Dee Moveset Analysis

Maikou

Smash Ace
=u= Hehe...the Big Gay Dance....I miss Brawl Taunts...
I'm not sure that name fits. I mean, Dedede certainly seems happy during it, but I don't really think he is.

....Oh, did you mean something else?
YES I HAVE. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME OF THAT THING, NOW I'LL HAVE NIGHTMARES.
A Gengar having nightmares? I HAVE to see this.
Maybe, but would it have anything that can also set it apart from Yoshi and Charizard's Final Smashes?
I can think of plenty. Special Button: Fireballs. Attack Button: Spear moves. Having his spear gives Bandana Dee plenty of things to do to differentiate from everybody else.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm not sure that name fits. I mean, Dedede certainly seems happy during it, but I don't really think he is.

....Oh, did you mean something else?

I can think of plenty. Special Button: Fireballs. Attack Button: Spear moves. Having his spear gives Bandana Dee plenty of things to do to differentiate from everybody else.
That was the name of the dance as it was called in Brawl Taunts.

I'm only calling it what it was called in the flash animation.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There was one? Did they want to enrage the Deevoted Dee Tribe?

That was weird even for me.
Yes, and I could always tell it was fake, it was so fake, like seriously he said he didn't know any of the characters just to make his leak seem more convincing. It was bad. If he worked on the localization team than I think he'd know these characters.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Straight to the fap folder^

Also, did someone say they they wanted to see what Bandana Dee looks like with a mouth and fingers? I'm actually quite curious again, let's check it out, shall we?
View attachment 72609

I also added a hint of bad photoshop to make it all the more realistic. I hope you guys enjoy :)
OH NO. SO DEESTURBING. IT BURNS!!!

JUST LOOK AT THAT THING. EVEN DARKRAI WOULD HAVE NIGHTMARES AFTER SEEING THAT.

Top Bottom