• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Thank you, now I at least know what my next nightmare will be of instead of having to guess :b:.
Seriously though, that thing is hella disturbing, you should look to getting a career in horror games :p.

Out of curiousity, what are you guy's top three/five/ten/whatevernumberyouwant favorite Kirby characters? Mine are

0.Zero/Zero Two
1.Dark Matter
2.Magolor
3.Dedede
4.Kirby
5.Tie- Bandana Dee/Meta Knight
6. ChuChu
7.Adeleine/Ado/Adoreenu/whateveryoucallher
8.Dark Crafter
9.Sectonia
10.Gooey
Edit: Forgot about ChuChu for a second, I knew I forgot someone :laugh:

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Thank you, now I at least know what my next nightmare will be of instead of having to guess :b:.
Seriously though, that thing is hella disturbing, you should look to getting a career in horror games :p.

Out of curiousity, what are you guy's top three/five/ten/whatevernumberyouwant favorite Kirby characters? Mine are

0.Zero/Zero Two
1.Dark Matter
2.Magolor
3.Dedede
4.Kirby
6.Adeleine/Ado/Adoreenu/whateveryoucallher
7.Dark Crafter
8.Sectonia
9.Gooey
10.Taranza
8. Galacta Knight
7. Ribbon
6. Bandana/Waddle Dee
5. Zero Two
4. Adeline
3. Kirby
2. King Dedede
1. Meta Knight

I unfortunately lack experience with Kirby games outside 64, Adventure, and (the first few levels of) Triple Deluxe so I can't write a full Top 10. I just love how Galacta Knight looks without ever encountering him.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
1. Meta Naito
2. Dedede
3. Kirby
4. Ado/Adeleine
5. Magolor
6. Sectonia
7. Marx
8. ChuChu
9. Nago
10. Gooey

Burruni

Smash Hero

0.Zero/Zero Two
1.Dark Matter
2.Magolor
3.Dedede
4.Kirby
6.Adeleine/Ado/Adoreenu/whateveryoucallher
7.Dark Crafter
8.Sectonia
9.Gooey
10.Taranza
1. :4dedede:
2. Adeline
3. Bandana Dee
4. :4kirby:
5. Elline
6. :4metaknight:
7. Pitch
8. Marx
9. Daroach
10. Sectonia

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
6. Dedede, 5. Pitch 4. Galacta knight/ magolor 3. Kirby 2. Bandana dee 1. Ooooh Meta knight **** yeah.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

0.Zero/Zero Two
1.Dark Matter
2.Magolor
3.Dedede
4.Kirby
6. ChuChu
8.Dark Crafter
9.Sectonia
10.Gooey
.-. I don't know if I'm late for this, but oh well:

1. Meta Knight
  2. Zero Two
  3. Adeleine
  4. Ribbon
  5. Magolor
  6. BDee
  7. Galacta Knight
  8. Dark Matter
o_o These are the ones I remember.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

0.Zero/Zero Two
1.Dark Matter
2.Magolor
3.Dedede
4.Kirby
6. ChuChu
8.Dark Crafter
9.Sectonia
10.Gooey
Here's mine. I only included my absolute favourites, so it's only a top five.

1: Dedede
2: Kirby
3: Meta Knight
4: Bandana Waddle Dee
5: Sailor Waddle Dee

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

0.Zero/Zero Two
1.Dark Matter
2.Magolor
3.Dedede
4.Kirby
6. ChuChu
8.Dark Crafter
9.Sectonia
10.Gooey
Guess I should try.

1. Adeleine
  2. Ribbon
  3. Meta Knight
  4. BDee
  5. Kirby
  6. Waddle Dee
  7. Magolor
  8. Zero
  9. King DeDeDe
  10. Nightmare
Don't really have much options.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Kirby
2. Meta Knight
3. King Dedede
4. Bandana Dee
5. Zero-Two
6. Marx
That's my list.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

0.Zero/Zero Two
1.Dark Matter
2.Magolor
3.Dedede
4.Kirby
6. ChuChu
8.Dark Crafter
9.Sectonia
10.Gooey
Magolor, Masked Dedede, Sectonia and Bandana Dee himself. He was WAAAY too reckless and hard. I still can't beat him. ;(

Maikou

Smash Ace
That was the name of the dance as it was called in Brawl Taunts.

I'm only calling it what it was called in the flash animation.
I was making a joke. "gay" means "happy". I have no clue why people started using it as short word for homosexual. And I'm kinda questioning why people use it as an insult.

OH NO. SO DEESTURBING. IT BURNS!!!

JUST LOOK AT THAT THING. EVEN DARKRAI WOULD HAVE NIGHTMARES AFTER SEEING THAT.
I agree it's freaky and should be killed with fire, but I don't think it would cause the lord of nightmares himself to have nightmares.

5: Dedede
4: Shadow Kirby
3: Meta Knight
2: Kirby
1: Bandana Dee

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I was making a joke. "gay" means "happy". I have no clue why people started using it as short word for homosexual. And I'm kinda questioning why people use it as an insult.
Oh. I thought that was what you really mean, sorry. I don't know why gay became homosexuality, but the insult factor is because people in the past were homophobes.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I am currently playing Castle Crashers and it got me thinking, imagine a Kirby game like it. Also, I have some pics to show you guys, but it might have to wait until I'm finished with CC (Yes, those pics are Kirby related).

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Am I the only human alive who still likes Master Green from KDL2?

I want him to make a comeback in the next Kirby game.
Speaking of Master Green...

Why is he called Master Green when he's clearly not Green?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Has anyone been able to come up with a logical reason why Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy?
At risk of sounding like a crazy conspiracy theorist, I'd say it's because Sakurai intends to or at least intended to at one point, add him, after all he made this a stage which confirms he knows and acknowledges BDee's presence.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, if they ever remake Kirby 64, do you think they would add some cutscenes in certain places? I was bored and in a drawing mood earlier so I drew this (I will annotate this in this comment in case any of you guys can't my handwriting). I put time stamps in the pics that should match up with this song:

I don't know how to spoiler tag things.
Anyway, without further ado (or Adeleine), here are the pics:

02 Pre-battle cutscene (match up the time stamps with the song provided).

0:00: Kirby falling into the abyss:

0:07: Faceplanting the 'ground'.
0:13: Gets up, looks around, starts walking.

0:19: 02 appears:

02: "Kirby, you made me what I am. Now prepare." (This happens not too long after 02 appears and is similar to how Magolor speaks in RtDL. Text only.).

Note: The LoZ-esque fairy is Ribbon, I'm just really bad at drawing humanoid characters

0:30: Ribbon appears and throws Kirby the Shard Gun.
0:42: Ribbon picks up Kirby and the fight starts.

So that's my take on a K64 remake.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Before I get some rest, I found a really cool picture of Bandana Dee I'd like to share.
Propaganda.png

Art was done by http://scissorkirby.tumblr.com/ who I honestly don't know if whether or not the rest of their work is safe to view (probably is, but Tumblr) so I'd advise you to be cautious if you plan on checking their other works, just in case.

Good night (well, day for most of you, so have a good day then :) ), I'm committing :GCD::GCB: now.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
At risk of sounding like a crazy conspiracy theorist, I'd say it's because Sakurai intends to or at least intended to at one point, add him, after all he made this a stage which confirms he knows and acknowledges BDee's presence.
That's just a normal Waddle Dee, but yeah, normal Waddle Dees lack trophies too.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Before I get some rest, I found a really cool picture of Bandana Dee I'd like to share.
View attachment 72644
Art was done by http://scissorkirby.tumblr.com/ who I honestly don't know if whether or not the rest of their work is safe to view (probably is, but Tumblr) so I'd advise you to be cautious if you plan on checking their other works, just in case.

Good night (well, day for most of you, so have a good day then :) ), I'm committing :GCD::GCB: now.
How are you committing Stone? ;)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
View attachment 72644

That is indescribable levels of cuteness.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
As "Bandana Dee" though? I may be wrong, most likely, but I don't seem to see Japan state him as his own character as "Bandana Dee" and just have him Waddle Dee, even if he did have the Bandana on his head.
Recent literature, circa Kirby Triple Deluxe, calls him "バンダナ ワドル ディ" ("Bandana Waddle Dee") in Japan. It does get shortened to simply "ワドル ディ" ("Waddle Dee") sometimes, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

god i hate when images break.
Speaking of Master Green...

Why is he called Master Green when he's clearly not Green?
because the gameboy had no color at some point the screen was just green that's what i always thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

=u= come on, Chandelure, at least it is funny!
It was funny, now it's just annoying in my opinion. Thank God, Sakurai changed it.
Dedede's Final Smash is so random, I will never know why Nintendo didn't make Masked Dedede his Final Smash, or at least an alternate costume.
Sakurai Bias strike again. :laugh:
I hope Bandana Dee's Final Smash is not like Ike's, Greninja's, Robin's and Mii Brawler's but with a spear.
Even Zoroark, a Pokeball Pokemon, does that XD

Waddle Dee Army, but in a cutscene would be cool too.
Nor should it be similar to :4kirby:'s and :4dedede:'s. That type of final smashes are becoming generic.
Bandana Dee Final Smash: Absorbing Everything.

I wonder what would happen if Bandana Dee ate a Hypernova fruit.
That sounds epic, and it should be played with The World to Win.
Bandana Dee is a Decepticon?
That's more than meets the eye.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So we're doing top 10 Kirby characters?
10: Waddle Doo (Crystal Shards)
9: Knuckle Joe
8: Waddle Dee Tank/King Doo (don't judge me)
7: Daroach
6: Galactica Knight
5: Magolor
4: King Dedede
3: Bandanna Dee
2: Sailor Waddle Dee
1: Meta Knight
I almost put Sailor Waddle Dee above Meta Knight, but I was afraid @ AndreaAC AndreaAC would kill me in my sleep.

Top Bottom