• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Good Smile Company already has the Mario license. Mario is here, and Luigi is here. ;)

My top two picks (K. Rool and Bandana Dee), one whose fans have fought long and hard, and one who was unjustly cut. I'd be happy with that result, myself. :)

EDIT: Well, that's a turn-up for the books. I just saw the strange CGI technique from the Kirby anime show up in the oddest place.
Preferable ones that have heads proportionate to their bodies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The Wii does seem the odd one out, but other times? Gamecube is unbreakable, Gameboy survives being NUKED, and now Amiibos are "impossible" to break open. xD Seriously, Nintendo could make a game console that could be used as a bomb shelter and still would work, as a shield and still be playable xD
xD HAHA! Well, unless they want to go with the Planned Obsolescence, but, that doesn't seem the case at this point, and that's something great about what Nintendo does.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So... I made this.

What do you think? :3
Absolutely brilliant. Really impressed by the smoothness of it, too.

I have one small suggestion, though - if you put a black pixel in the bottom-right or bottom-left corner (depending on your preference) of the white squares representing the shine in his eyes, it might serve to make them look rounder. :)

Anyway, love it. Have you made any more like this?

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin I actually tried doing that, but it didn't look very good because of the sprite's size. The sprite is 40x40 (although it might not look that way since some parts are just transparent), and the white parts of the eyes are only 4 pixels each. So, changing one of the pixels to black on each eye made the highlights look like rotated L's. If the sprite were made of more pixels, though, then I would've done that.

Anyway, I have made more sprites, but this is the only one so far that's relevant to this thread.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin I actually tried doing that, but it didn't look very good because of the sprite's size. The sprite is 40x40, and the white parts of the eyes are only 4 pixels each. So, changing one of the pixels to black on each eye made the highlights look like rotated L's. If the sprite were made of more pixels, though, then I would've done that.

Anyway, I have made more sprites, but this is the only one so far that's relevant to this thread.
Ahh, ok. :) I'm still curious as to what other sprites you've made, though, relevant or not. :laugh:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin I actually tried doing that, but it didn't look very good because of the sprite's size. The sprite is 40x40, and the white parts of the eyes are only 4 pixels each. So, changing one of the pixels to black on each eye made the highlights look like rotated L's. If the sprite were made of more pixels, though, then I would've done that.

So you are a sprite animator. Do you have a art gallery site anywhere by any chance? If you don't mind me asking you.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Ahh, ok. :) I'm still curious as to what other sprites you've made, though, relevant or not. :laugh:
I've made sprites of some of my original characters (NOT fan characters, silly. Actually original characters.), and a few sprites of certain video game characters.

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS An art gallery site...? Not really. I haven't really shared these sprites anywhere yet. Do you think I should?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I've made sprites of some of my original characters (NOT fan characters, silly. Actually original characters.), and a few sprites of certain video game characters.

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS An art gallery site...? Not really. I haven't really shared these sprites anywhere yet. Do you think I should?
Oh, no no, only if you want to that is. Some friends I know on here only use this site to share their art, but just use whatever works best for you dear. If I had to make some suggestion if you prefer, maybe mark your animations and other art with your name or something to represent yourself so no one could claim your stuff as their own.

Something like this.

Just thought I mention that. But do as you prefer, but I hope I could see more stuff from you dear~. :3 I love how your Dee looks, you're a pro.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Only a month to go until the polls close, let's keep hoping! And no, the Blue Lantern symbol next to BD isn't on purpose. :p

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Anyway, I am glad that you guys like my little Bandana Dee sprite! If anyone wants to add it to their signature or something, that's fine with me.

And yeah, I'm definitely hoping for the best when it comes to the ballot. If Bandana Dee actually makes it, then... Well...
He'll be the first thing on the eShop that I'll actually pay real money for. XD
And it would be totally worth it, too!

LF2K

Floor Diver
I'm just looking forward to seeing the look on the naysayers' faces. I've supported BD since day one, but... that alone would be worth his inclusion.

I still find it strange that he didn't get any mention at all. Not even a trophy.

AndreaAC

Wow, nice. I like the Ridley constellation. Nicely done.
Thanks. I love making outer space backgrounds, and well, the idea of the Ridley constellation came because I thought I had made Ridley way -too big- so I experimented with the stars and that is what came out. :3

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks. I love making outer space backgrounds, and well, the idea of the Ridley constellation came because I thought I had made Ridley way -too big- so I experimented with the stars and that is what came out. :3
xD Haha, oh I see. :3 Well, it turned out great, so again, great job as usual. ;3

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I'm just looking forward to seeing the look on the naysayers' faces. I've supported BD since day one, but... that alone would be worth his inclusion.

I still find it strange that he didn't get any mention at all. Not even a trophy.
I already have my crow ready to eat if Bandana Dee ever gets into Smash. :p Though I wouldn't really call myself a naysayer.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well everyone, we're literally a month away. We're in the home stretch so It's time to give it our all.

AndreaAC

CONSTE23.jpg

BDee Constellation. =3= I LOVE MAKING SPACE AND CLOUDY BACKGROUNDS!

BDee has been immortalized into the skies by Zeus. xD

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
you guys have my support, smash needs a character that use spear as a weapon.
Welcome to the Bandana Brigade, RMF! Here's a welcome video to make you feel at home.

I just realized that I was never welcomed into the Bandana Brigade. Does that mean I'm not a member?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Welcome to the Bandana Brigade, RMF! Here's a welcome video to make you feel at home.

I just realized that I was never welcomed into the Bandana Brigade. Does that mean I'm not a member?
Join the club, we have cookies.
By the way, I mean in the way I didn't see the video either. I did see the clip via a gif of it being in someones sig.

Last edited:
Top Bottom