• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So something that bugs me about the whole SK rumor.....if its true and hes only one of two remaining DLC characters, and the other one isn't K Rool, Snake or Dee as Tamaki suggests (All popular Japan characters).....then what would be the point of even having Japan vote in the first place? Surely they must be ready to deal with letting down every single on of their Japanese fans (and a large portion of their Western fans that have been campaigned for other characters for years....even decades longer than SK existed).

All that said, the press conference is tonight at 8PM Pacific. Hopefully we get some answers.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So something that bugs me about the whole SK rumor.....if its true and hes only one of two remaining DLC characters, and the other one isn't K Rool, Snake or Dee as Tamaki suggests (All popular Japan characters).....then what would be the point of even having Japan vote in the first place? Surely they must be ready to deal with letting down every single on of their Japanese fans (and a large portion of their Western fans that have been campaigned for other characters for years....even decades longer than SK existed).

All that said, the press conference is tonight at 8PM. Hopefully we get some answers.
What 8PM? There are like 20 of them.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036

All that said, the press conference is tonight at 8PM Pacific. Hopefully we get some answers.
What press conference?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Something about this all seems strange, and honestly I don't think this is true just because of what's been going on.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
View attachment 70373
and well, here is a BDee moveset...in japanese...=u= but, I guess it is easy to get the idea.
Just in case if anyone even needs here's a hand translation

BDEEEADasdasf.png

I KNOW MY HANDWRITING IS BAD STOP LAUGHING AT ME

But on the other hand, I don't think the creator of this really know why they changed Dedede's Side B and Final Smash.... (Look at Final Smash)

More stuff to note in case my handwriting gets too bad:
  • This moveset tends to show more representation of Kirby's abilities than Spear Moves.
  • Jab Combo is Dee's Jab Combo in Return to Dreamland, which is referred as "Kirby Wii" from this picture
  • Up Smash is Up One (?) in Return to Dreamland
  • Down Air is Down One (?) in Return to Dreamland
  • Grab by the Parasol. Apparently there's no Pummel listed.
  • Grab and Throws are based on Kirby's Parasol Ability:
  • Up Throw is Circus Throw, which is somehow written wrong as "Street Throw" in original picture
  • Down Throw is Parasol Drill.
  • Neutral B is apparently Launching a Mine Cart from Kirby 64. Not sure how that works.
  • Down B is the Megaton Punch, which is the Final Smash in most of our concepts. This works too tho.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
What have I missed since last night? Because there are several more pages than I remember.

View attachment 70381

But on the other hand, I don't think the creator of this really know why they changed Dedede's Side B and Final Smash.... (Look at Final Smash)

• This moveset tends to show more representation of Kirby's abilities than Spear Moves.
  • Jab Combo is Dee's Jab Combo in Return to Dreamland, which is referred as "Kirby Wii" from this picture
  • Up Throw is Circus Throw, which is somehow written wrong as "Street Throw" in original picture
  • Neutral B is apparently Launching a Mine Cart from Kirby 64. Not sure how that works.
  • Down B is the Megaton Punch, which is the Final Smash in most of our concepts. This works too tho.
TBH I like this one better than my own idea, which I didn't think would happen because I loved my idea. I especially love how cute is a pro.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero

View attachment 70381

Shouldn't Forward Jab (2nd row) be F-Smash?

View attachment 70381

Yes, the Final Smash should indeed be different... maybe replace the mine cart in Neutral B with Nruff and make the Final Smash mine cart-related.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Everyone, I've just contacted Tamaki, who's now on Smashboards, and he said he was just joking about what he said about Bandana Dee. So now you know!

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Everyone, I've just contacted Tamaki, who's now on Smashboards, and he said he was just joking about what he said about Bandana Dee. So now you know!
Ah, good. XD
Also, can someone explain why there are parasols in many Bandana Dee movesets? I thought only other Waddle Dees and Kirby used parasols as weapons. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So it appears the Shovel Knight thingy is legit, https://twitter.com/GAMEBrighton/status/636926216642121728 regardless of how crazy this is, let's remind ourselves to keep calm though and to take advantage of the scenario like I mentioned earlier .
phoenix-sweating(a).gif

Why do I sense that this will spark a lot of debate?

However, we must march on!

This is another reason why I am against Shovel Knight. Everything that you just said is what I agree with.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If Shovel Knight is real... do you know what that means?
Every character has a chances if it has enough support, so please, again, make Bandana Dee propaganda, spam Miiverse with Bandana Dee drawings and comments, spam Kirby related things with "Bandana Dee for Smash!", spam everything AAAAH!

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
If Shovel Knight is real... do you know what that means?
Every character has a chances if it has enough support, so please, again, make Bandana Dee propaganda, spam Miiverse with Bandana Dee drawings and comments, spam Kirby related things with "Bandana Dee for Smash!", spam everything AAAAH!
Chandy's right. If Shovel Knight, the most irrelevant character that anyone actually wants, has a chance, Bandana Dee has a huge opening. PROPAGANDA TIME, MOTHER ****ERS.

Logo12

Smash Lord
So it appears the Shovel Knight thingy is legit, https://twitter.com/GAMEBrighton/status/636926216642121728 regardless of how crazy this is, let's remind ourselves to keep calm though and to take advantage of the scenario like I mentioned earlier .
Well it doesn't say it's Smash Bros' Line so.. uh... I guess... I guess we're safe?

...:S...

(Also the link is broken, post deleted or sumthin?)

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/game-h...night-amiibo-available-for-pre-order-tomorrow

Just in case

Shovel Knight is one of the most popular and recognizable indie characters on Nintendo platforms, and many fans have been hoping that Yacht Club Games' hero would be made into an Amiibo. Nintendo has heard your requests, and it's happening! UK retailer GAME has announced via Twitter that a Shovel Knight Amiibo is launching on November 27th, and pre-orders will open tomorrow. The Shovel Knight Amiibo (which will likely be announced for other regions soon) is said to be compatible with Shovel Knight itself, as well as future games from Yacht Club Games. - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/game-h...-order-tomorrow#sthash.gvlVluaZ.SEoUtpJV.dpuf

So apparently he'll only be compatible with their company's own games.

BUT WHY, WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY, AN INDIE COMPANY, GET AN AMIIBO?!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/game-h...night-amiibo-available-for-pre-order-tomorrow

Just in case

Shovel Knight is one of the most popular and recognizable indie characters on Nintendo platforms, and many fans have been hoping that Yacht Club Games' hero would be made into an Amiibo. Nintendo has heard your requests, and it's happening! UK retailer GAME has announced via Twitter that a Shovel Knight Amiibo is launching on November 27th, and pre-orders will open tomorrow. The Shovel Knight Amiibo (which will likely be announced for other regions soon) is said to be compatible with Shovel Knight itself, as well as future games from Yacht Club Games. - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/game-h...-order-tomorrow#sthash.gvlVluaZ.SEoUtpJV.dpuf

It's most likely an agreement between the companies, also @ PushDustIn PushDustIn said that this points towards Nintendo publishing the game in Japan.

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire

Just in case

Because Shovel Knight is the poster child of a successful Indie game. When you think of a good Indie games, first one to come up is usually Shovel Knight. It makes sense for him to get and Amiibo, he already got a plush (that's more expensive than 2 copies of the game lol) and a bunch of other stuff.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well, now PushDustIn posted a blog about it, saying he 80% believes in this, so everyone's gonna say that's 100% true now.
View attachment 70415
well nintendo *is* going downhill after Iwata's death...
I can totally see this happening. The amiibo lowers it to 70% for me but Tamaki's source is confident about SK getting into Smash.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I can totally see this happening. The amiibo lowers it to 70% for me but Tamaki's source is confident about SK getting into Smash.
And my source is 100% confident about Shovel Knight not getting into Smash

The source is my brain.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And this is coming from a reliable source, also I know you're not really supposed to talk about it too much, butwhat kind of history does this source have?

Logo12

Smash Lord
http://wktk.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1440691191/l50

A thread about Japan reacting to this rumor.

Everyone is like "What is a shovel knight" "Who is shovel knight" "Is there anyone here even know who shovel knight is" "No one knows shovel knight" "Are they seriously releasing a character that doesn't appear in Japan?". Expected and I'm with them.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Top Bottom