• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
We are famous!

I don't really care, he is just still hmmm "salty?" (is that the correct word in english? XD) about the last discussion.
He even said we put Bandana Dee above Dedede and Meta Knight and that's not even true, lol. We only compare them when people doubt Bandana Dee's importance, we only say Bandana Dee has more important roles than them lately (specially more than Meta Knight), but NOT that Bandana Dee is more important in general than them, that's ridiculous.
Now when you think about it, Where in the world is Meta Knight? Do you guys think Bandana Dee is replacing Meta Knight?
I highly doubt it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't care either, although I didn't like how he referred Dee's support as "bandwagon".
He said that only because he is surprised a character he doesn't like has a lot of support.
All the Bandana Dee supporters here are Kirby fans, the bandwagon supporters are the ones that support a character only because it's popular and sometimes they don't even know about the character or its franchise (Rayman, K.Rool and Isaac are much better examples), a lot of people just support them because they are popular or in Rayman's case, the fake Omni leak.
Ya Kenith just has an outright bias against the Kirby series..

Doesn't even like Dedede or Meta Knight in Smash.
It's OK, that's his opinion.
Nobody really cares if he likes the franchise or not.
Now when you think about it, Where in the world is Meta Knight? Do you guys think Bandana Dee is replacing Meta Knight?
I highly doubt it.
Yeah, that will not happen.
I remember someone from HAL (I'm not sure) said it's hard to work with Meta Knight because they don't know what roles are appropiate for him... or something like that.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I honestly feel slightly jealous of anyone who finds the brigade vicious, since that would mean they never encountered the truly "vicious" groups :p , and even if we sometimes have slightly "vicious" debates, I honestly don't remember anything remotely vicious or malicious targeted at anyone in that debate at the DLC discussion thread so that wasn't even one of those fiery debates.

I highly doubt it.
He's trapped in the mirror world again:troll:.(I kid.)

Last edited:
He said that only because he is surprised a character he doesn't like has a lot of support.
All the Bandana Dee supporters here are Kirby fans, the bandwagon supporters are the ones that support a character only because it's popular and sometimes they don't even know about the character or its franchise (Rayman, K.Rool and Isaac are much better examples), a lot of people just support them because they are popular or in Rayman's case, the fake Omni leak.

It's OK, that's his opinion.
Nobody really cares if he likes the franchise or not.

Yeah, that will not happen.
I remember someone from HAL (I'm not sure) said it's hard to work with Meta Knight because they don't know what roles are appropiate for him... or something like that.
This is SO true about some of the DLC characters. Meta Knight isn't the easiest character to put in a story.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, what alts would you like to see for Kirby characters already in smash? People bring up Masked D3 but I would like to see Masked Dedede's Revenge as an alt. It might take a bit to get the axe to work similarly to the hammer, but it would be cool if successful. They could even go the whole way and have Taranza there (similarly to Pokemon Trainer) controlling D3.

Hey guys, what alts would you like to see for Kirby characters already in smash? People bring up Masked D3 but I would like to see Masked Dedede's Revenge as an alt. It might take a bit to get the axe to work similarly to the hammer, but it would be cool if successful. They could even go the whole way and have Taranza there (similarly to Pokemon Trainer) controlling D3.
An actually Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight alt.
I don't think that Taranza could control Dedede, isn't the 3DS the main reason the Pokemon Trainer got cut,but a Masked Dedede alt. could be cool,as long as we get his glorious theme coming with him.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I don't think that Taranza could control Dedede, isn't the 3DS the main reason the Pokemon Trainer got cut,but a Masked Dedede alt. could be cool,as long as we get his glorious theme coming with him.
No, not Taranza controlling him, but making it look like he was doing so. Also, I thought that Trainer got cut because 3DS couldn't handle transformations like the Samus split and Sheik/Zelda split.
Also, I agree with the actual DMK and GK alts, but, as brought up a little while back, it would be weird seeing them use Galaxia, unless the sword changed too.
A Kirby Fighters Shadow Kirby alt would be kind of cool as well.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I don't think that they would put so much effort in just an alternate costume ._.
Also, Masked Dedede would have worked perfect as DDD's Final Smash
But Instead, we got the most generic Final Smash ever ¬¬
But I would love to have a Samurai Dedede alt, I can see that working

Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight have the potential to work as full characters
When two characters have at least one thing different, they are made separate characters
That's why Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are full clones
Dark Meta Knight fights with dark energy has a more vicious personality than Meta Knight
Galacta Knight uses a lance and a shield, that's enough to make him a different character :drshrug:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
My copy of Kirby Squeak Squad arrived today. Man, Kirby is a presumptuous little git, isn't he? I mean, the first thing he does is accuse Dedede of theft with no proof whatsoever. :laugh: (And Dedede's probably all like, "I only stole food that one time! ONE TIME!".)

Enjoying it so far (better late than never!), and it's giving me something to catch up on while we wait for news of the next game.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
"These are sourced from VGChartz, which is known to be wildly inaccurate."
It helps to read the not-very-fine print. And don't call me "broseph". Please.
Until you find more accurate statistics, that's what you go by. The guy who submitted that data has meticulously compiled all of as accurately as possible: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700

Seriously man, grow up and stop being so aggressive and salty. You demand statistics, you get them, and you believe some edit of the wiki that actually isn't sourced. It's a declaration with no backing to it, the statistics however, are organized neatly and can be reinforced by looking up each game individually. REGARDLESS, none of the sales figures in the Kirby wiki are outrageous to begin with. You're picking a fight because you want to, truly for no reason, so next time just don't speak - broseph.

EDIT: I won't be looking at your response, or replying to it. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Until you find more accurate statistics, that's what you go by. The guy who submitted that data has meticulously compiled all of as accurately as possible: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700

Seriously man, grow up and stop being so aggressive and salty. You demand statistics, you get them, and you believe some edit of the wiki that actually isn't sourced. It's a declaration with no backing to it, the statistics however, are organized neatly and can be reinforced by looking up each game individually. REGARDLESS, none of the sales figures in the Kirby wiki are outrageous to begin with. You're picking a fight because you want to, truly for no reason, so next time just don't speak - broseph.

I mean you could be a bit more respectable..and not call him broseph.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
My copy of Kirby Squeak Squad arrived today. Man, Kirby is a presumptuous little git, isn't he? I mean, the first thing he does is accuse Dedede of theft with no proof whatsoever. :laugh: (And Dedede's probably all like, "I only stole food that one time! ONE TIME!".)

Enjoying it so far (better late than never!), and it's giving me something to catch up on while we wait for news of the next game.
How come you didn't get it on the Wii U VC? Is it because it is unavailable in your area (the game, not the Wii U) or do you not have a Wii U?

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
So, it seems that you guys already noticed Kenith being a "Deetractor" or whatever you call them... I must admit, when I saw his post, I didn't even understand half of the stuff he was saying. "Vicious bandwagon support"? "They put this character over Meta Knight and King Dedede"? What in the world? Either he's making stuff up, or I missed a huge argument...

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
So, it seems that you guys already noticed Kenith being a "Deetractor" or whatever you call them... I must admit, when I saw his post, I didn't even understand half of the stuff he was saying. "Vicious bandwagon support"? "They put this character over Meta Knight and King Dedede"? What in the world? Either he's making stuff up, or I missed a huge argument...
You missed a...moderately sized argument... he couldn't find any good counterarguments so he just walked away.
Course he is still salty

That "vicious" part probably comes from the argument about Dee in the Character Discussion thread few days ago. He, alongside some other deetractors were arguing about Dee being similar to Marth, being uninteresting and other similar stuff, and Chandelure, GhostlyLure, Zero Soul and I were countering their arguments.

EDIT: Ninja'd by GhostlyLure.

EDIT 2: I'm actually starting to think that he might have referred to Chandelure, GhostlyLure and me with the "vicious" part instead of the whole fanbase. I mean, he didn't even think that our arguments were valid, saying that Zero Soul was the only one to provide valid evidence.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I was that way about Isaac at first. I wanted him in because I felt bad for him that he didn't get represented in ANY WAY, but I started Golden Sun today, and now he's higher on my list than Henry from Code name STEAM, and I love STEAM!
It gets better dude!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
How come you didn't get it on the Wii U VC? Is it because it is unavailable in your area (the game, not the Wii U) or do you not have a Wii U?
I do have a Wii U, and it is available in the UK (in fact, it hit our eShop first). ;) It's because 1: I prefer handhelds by quite a margin, and 2: I'm uninterested in being tethered to a television (something I generally consider to be a vastly inferior experience) for a game that was designed for a handheld. If they sold DS titles on the 3DS eShop, I would have bought it there, instead. :laugh:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I do have a Wii U, and it is available in the UK (in fact, it hit our eShop first). ;) It's because 1: I prefer handhelds by quite a margin, and 2: I'm uninterested in being tethered to a television (something I generally consider to be a vastly inferior experience) for a game that was designed for a handheld. If they sold DS titles on the 3DS eShop, I would have bought it there, instead. :laugh:
I was unsure where you were. I guess that makes sense. If I had a Wii U I would be able to play so many more Kirby games. Squeak Squad, Return, 64, Super Star, etc. The two on the Wii U that I have already played are Adventure and Mirror.
You say you don't like a handheld game on a console. What about a console game for a handheld (Adventure springs to mind)?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You say you don't like a handheld game on a console. What about a console game for a handheld (Adventure springs to mind)?
That depends entirely on the game! ;) I'm getting off-track, now, though (sorry about that, guys).

To bring myself back on-topic, I've got some more Miiverse findings to report.

Firstly, the Discussion sections are useless for us. Whilst they're handy for Miiverse's intended purpose, you can only have one discussion post open at a time across all of Miiverse, and if you wish to make another one, you must close your previous one; So, for example, if you had a question about Tomodachi Life, and wanted to post a hint for Smash, you would have to close the former before you would be allowed to create the latter. This isn't handy for Smash DLC campaigns (although it is much better than the old setup, if you have genuine questions about a game).

And secondly, Play Journal postings are being less-noticed than before. Even with the negative impact that the Miiverse overhaul and default-view changes have had on drawings, it seems that these are still the best bet as they still gather "Yeah!"s over time, whereas the Play Journal postings don't seem to.

EDIT: And I'm having better luck with my drawings being noticed in the Smash character support sections, than in the general one. That may just be me and the times when I have a free moment to post, though - your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Another question for you guys (I'm just full of them, aren't I): What Kirby songs would you guys like to hear in Smash? Personally, I think Candy Constellation and King Dedede's battle music from Kirby Fighters Deluxe would be a good addition (If possible, try to limit your answer to two or three songs max, we don't want you to be going crazy here).

Also, I know most questions can be kind of off topic, but there's really not much I can do that you guys already do. Plus these questions are a good way to keep the thread active.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Another question for you guys (I'm just full of them, aren't I): What Kirby songs would you guys like to hear in Smash? Personally, I think Candy Constellation and King Dedede's battle music from Kirby Fighters Deluxe would be a good addition (If possible, try to limit your answer to two or three songs max, we don't want you to be going crazy here).

Also, I know most questions can be kind of off topic, but there's really not much I can do that you guys already do. Plus these questions are a good way to keep the thread active.
Under my Control, Vs. Yin Yarn and Dirty and Beauty.
Yes, I prefer Under my Control and Dirty and Beauty over C-R-O-W-N-E-D and Moonstruck Blossom, they are more energetic.

Also, when a deetractor starts posting:

Salty.png

Last edited:

Then again, most of Nintendo's franchises ( besides the oblivious ones don't have great sales, plus only three of their franchises have sold over 100 million copies: :4mario::4pikachu:&:4wiifit:) . The Star Fox series have only sold 12 million copies worldwide, but people still want Wolf and/or Krystal. Did you know? Kirby is Nintendo's seventh biggest franchise only behind: :4mario::4pikachu::4wiifit::4zelda::4dk: & :4gaw:. Fire Emblem sold 7 million copies worldwide, but it has 5 reps. Tied with Zelda ( a much bigger series) for having the third largest amount of characters in Smash, losing only to Mario and Pokemon.
Source:http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Nintendo_games

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd love to see the true arena from KTD remixed with the boss battle theme titled "The True Arena/Boss Battle" :b:
Here's the True Arena:
And here's Attack! (Boss Battle):
Or simply just Big Baddie Brawl by itself would be fine for me (lol brawl):

EDIT: I'd personally love any of these themes as standalone tracks (Maybe the True Arena having parts of KSSU's version remixed at times similar to Primal Kyogre/Groudon version of their legendary theme and sped up a bit :3)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ooh, good question. My picks (only two, as that's what a stage gets in the 3DS version) are these;

Masked Dedede Revenge (Kirby Triple Deluxe)
Marx Battle (Kirby Super Deluxe)

And what stage would I put these on? Why, Castle Dedede, of course, since that should absolutely be a new stage. (No, the castle's brief appearance in Smash 3DS' Game Boy-styled Dream Land stage doesn't count. :c)

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
There is a God...

Am I being aggressive, or are you just being a *****? Ponder that.

Revenge of the Enemy and The Strongest Knight in the Galaxy. It's a wonder they're not in already.

To Chandelure: It's not any salt, it's deelicious salt.
To Shadow Keebey: Attack! (Boss Battle), Revenge of the Enemy, Masked Dedede, Another Dimension,Sky Tower, and Under my Control.
EDIT: I know you said two or three songs, but there is so many good songs from the Kirby franchise.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Then again, most of Nintendo's franchises ( besides the oblivious ones don't have great sales, plus only three of their franchises have sold over 100 million copies: :4mario::4pikachu:&:4wiifit:) . The Star Fox series have only sold 12 million copies worldwide, but people still want Wolf and/or Krystal. Did you know? Kirby is Nintendo's seventh biggest franchise only behind: :4mario::4pikachu::4wiifit::4zelda::4dk: & :4gaw:. Fire Emblem sold 7 million copies worldwide, but it has 5 reps. Tied with Zelda ( a much bigger series) for having the third largest reparation in Smash, losing only to Mario and Pokemon.
Source:http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Nintendo_games
Personally... I can't see Lucina as their own character because she is use very few time (practically they only need to do the Taunts, Victory Poses, and the Trophy). With Amiibos they use more time in her, but for the main game (the think that we care almost all the time) she was practically "free" xD. So... I usually see Fire Emblem with 4 "reps" (but yeah, you're right in the part in that Kirby could has a forth character).

But whatever you want to put, needs to be something interesting, put something for the repping money's sake is lame. If that was the case... Mario, Pokémon and the Wii Games could EASY has over the 60% roster,

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Oi, I'm just going to make a small request that will probably be ignored, but:

If Bandana Dee does make it, can we please not make a "Apologize if you were wrong" thread? It not only makes us look bad, but it is pretty rude. Maybe if we made a friendlier version of that thread like a "Did you think he was going to make it?" it would be fine, but not something mocking and/or insulting people for their opinions, however questionable they are/were.

Personally... I can't see Lucina as their own character because she is use very few time (practically they only need to do the Taunts, Victory Poses, and the Trophy). With Amiibos they use more time in her, but for the main game (the think that we care almost all the time) she was practically "free" xD. So... I usually see Fire Emblem with 4 "reps" (but yeah, you're right in the part in that Kirby could has a forth character).

But whatever you want to put, needs to be something interesting, put something for the repping money's sake is lame. If that was the case... Mario, Pokémon and the Wii Games could EASY has over the 60% roster,
You're right. It doesn't matter how popular a series as long as the character bring something to the table, why should we complain?
But, don't get me wrong, popularity still matters, but people are using it way too much.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I must admit that I didn't, as I don't actually have much of an opinion on how I would rate those things, thus can't bring anything useful to the table.

Oi, I'm just going to make a small request that will probably be ignored, but:

If Bandana Dee does make it, can we please not make a "Apologize if you were wrong" thread? It not only makes us look bad, but it is pretty rude. Maybe if we made a friendlier version of that thread like a "Did you think he was going to make it?" it would be fine, but not something mocking and/or insulting people for their opinions, however questionable they are/were.
It's not something I would ever dream of doing anyway, personally, but people really ought to heed this.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If he does make it, how are we gonna celebrate? I was thinking something involving strobe lights and firecrackers.

Top Bottom