• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Kirby's Dream Land 2, Bandana Dee didn't exist then.
Nightmare in Dream Land, Bandana Dee only appeared as a one shot character in one game.
Super Star Ultra, Actually given a personality as his only appearance Pre-make was Super Star.

Out of Bandana Dee's appearances in the games mentioned, only Dream Land 2 wasn't a remake.
That ^

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Kirby's Dream Land 2, Bandana Dee didn't exist then.
Nightmare in Dream Land, Bandana Dee only appeared as a one shot character in one game.
Super Star Ultra, Actually given a personality as his only appearance Pre-make was Super Star.

Out of Bandana Dee's appearances in the games mentioned, only Dream Land 2 wasn't a remake.
I never really thought of myself as a big Kirby fan. But having played some of the best selling and most popular games. I think it's notable that I didn't know who BD is >_> After warming up to him, I think he's an adorable little guy.

Most of my friends that I play Smash bros competitively with have no idea who Bandana Dee is when I mention him in our discussions. I have to explain his origins and such. I'll just keep reiterating I'm not against his inclusion.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
But Kirby is so similar to Jigglypuff he should be part Fairy. It's like Kirby is a Jiggs clone. Just kidding. Please don't kill me.
I'll consider it.
Yes, that's my point. I'm pretty sure the three games I mentioned were among the most popular Kirby games ever. I played Ultra, and I had to be reminded that the Waddle Dee in Megaton Punch was wearing a headband lol. You can paint many people ignorant, but it still doesn't help your argument.

Umm.. right... lol

The Goomba in a hat argument from what I've seen points out most people at first glance see Bandana Dee as nothing more than the most common generic enemy from the game. Which would not make an interesting smash character. I think most people in this thread know that BD is different.
I don't see how your personal vision problems affects Bandanna Dee or his chances. And who says that they were the most popular Kirby games?

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I never really thought of myself as a big Kirby fan. But having played some of the best selling and most popular games. I think it's notable that I didn't know who BD is >_> After warming up to him, I think he's an adorable little guy.

Most of my friends that I play Smash bros competitively with have no idea who Bandana Dee is when I mention him in our discussions. I have to explain his origins and such. I'll just keep reiterating I'm not against his inclusion.
But you haven't played RTD, which is one of the series best selling and popular games. All the games you mentioned came out years ago. If you haven't played the recent games you won't know who Bandana Dee is.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So, In summary, like I said in my first post, that's just a coincidence, you played 3 games and Bandana Dee wasn't in them, that doesn't mean the character is unpopular. YOU didn't know about the character, there is obviously more people that don't know about him, but that doesn't change the fact that he is popular.

I literally asked a friend (who is a Nintendo fan) about the ballot, and he said he voted for Waluigi because he is funny and Wario is already in the game, then I said K.Rool will probably have a lot of votes and he said: Who is K.Rool?
I explained to him and he said, ugh, another useless heavy weight? he would be a Bowser clone!

Some people don't know about certain characters, that doesn't mean the characters is unpopular or unimportant.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I don't see how your personal vision problems affects Bandanna Dee or his chances. And who says that they were the most popular Kirby games?
I know this from just looking it up recently. I can post statistics if you wish. Most people know Kirby Super Star, and Nightmare in Dreamland are among the most popular.

But you haven't played RTD, which is one of the series best selling and popular games. All the games you mentioned came out years ago. If you haven't played the recent games you won't know who Bandana Dee is.
Epic Yarn actually did better than RTD somehow. (I did manage to get my hands on Epic Yarn but didn't stick with it for very long). But yes, that's my point. A lot of old school gamers like me that didn't venture into the new Kirby games will have no idea who BD is.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Epic Yarn actually did better than RTD somehow. (I did manage to get my hands on Epic Yarn but didn't stick with it for very long). But yes, that's my point. A lot of old school gamers like me that didn't venture into the new Kirby games will have no idea who BD is.
RTD is still one of the series best selling and most popular games. Emphasis on most popular as it made characters like Bandana Dee and Magolor fan favorites. (Which is why Bandana Dee has stuck around in the Kirby franchise.)
As an old school gamer it makes sense you won't know who Bandana Dee is, but old school gamers are a minority nowadays. I doubt the casual audience even remembers what a GBA is and the games on there.
Which is why VC exists, I think.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I know this from just looking it up recently. I can post statistics if you wish. Most people know Kirby Super Star, and Nightmare in Dreamland are among the most popular.

Actually, yes, post it, please. I do want to see this for myself.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby

You can look up each one individually on Wiki too if you wish.

And lol, as if I was saying anything offensive. Calm the salt down broseph. Anyways, I'm out for tonight. You all enjoy your days/evenings.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby

You can look up each one individually on Wiki too if you wish.

And lol, as if I was saying anything offensive. Calm the salt down broseph. Anyways, I'm out for tonight. You all enjoy your days/evenings.
"These are sourced from VGChartz, which is known to be wildly inaccurate."
It helps to read the not-very-fine print. And don't call me "broseph". Please.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I agree, if you guys want Daisy in Super Smash Bros. that's your opinion. I personally think that other characters from the Mario series like Captain Toad,Paper Mario,and/or Fawful should get in before her.
Fun Fact: If you search "Fawful" in google images, you'll find this
Fawful is daisy.jpg

As you can clearly see
According to Google
Fawful is actually Daisy :dr^_^:
This is REAL
Also, I love Fawful, but I'm pretty sure that his chances for Smash are 1.69% :drifloon:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Daisy? Seriously?
Totally seriously. You know she's a consistent contender these days in the polls. As far as the Mario series goes, I think only Paper Mario would get in before her at this point. And remember, Captain Toad can't jump. :)

But you konw, I posted here because of Bandana Dee. I'm surprised no one said anything about that and instead chose to hate on Daisy. Well, good-bye Bandana Dee thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Totally seriously. You know she's a consistent contender these days in the polls. As far as the Mario series goes, I think only Paper Mario would get in before her at this point. And remember, Captain Toad can't jump. :)
He could just, you know, take off his backpack
Since that's literally the reason of why he doesn't jump :drwtf:
Or he could just have a really small jump, with an awesome recovery
Where's your imagination bruh? :drflip:
For more information about how Cap'n Toad could work in Sm4sh, go here:
Shroom for the Stars: Captain Toad for Smash 4! Ep 10: Fun(gi) and games

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

But you konw, I posted here because of Bandana Dee. I'm surprised no one said anything about that and instead chose to hate on Daisy. Well, good-bye Bandana Dee thread.
Waluigi, Toad, Captain Toad, I can think of several Mario characters that would get in before Daisy of all people. And then, of course there's Paper Mario.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Waluigi, Toad, Captain Toad, I can think of several Mario characters that would get in before Daisy of all people. And then, of course there's Paper Mario.
Waluigi would be awesome, but he's already an Assist Trophy :drshrug:
They could add him anyways, but I doubt it :drsad:
Waluigi will eventually be in Smash, I guarantee you
Maybe not Smash 4, maybe not Smash 5
Maybe not Smash 9 :drwtf:
But one day, the Waa will be in Smash, I'm sure :b:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Waluigi would be awesome, but he's already an Assist Trophy :drshrug:
They could add him anyways, but I doubt it :drsad:
Waluigi will eventually be in Smash, I guarantee you
Maybe not Smash 4, maybe not Smash 5
Maybe not Smash 9 :drwtf:
But one day, the Waa will be in Smash, I'm sure :b:
If he's requested enough, I think it could be possible for him to be in 4.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

I doubt that they would make a character that's already an assist trophy playable :drshrug:
Sakurai has a habit of saying something one moment and something else the next. Remember how weren't going to have any DLC? Or characters from another fighting game? Or Brawl?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Sakurai has a habit of saying something one moment and something else the next. Remember how weren't going to have any DLC? Or characters from another fighting game? Or Brawl?
Doesn't automatically mean he doesn't mean what he says this time

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This is going off topic, but just to say my two cents. If you don't care about Daisy, that's fine, good for you, it is what it is. But Sakurai can make whoever he wants playable, whether or not you think they "deserve" it. I support Daisy, but I don't have high hopes for her inclusion. All I can say in her favor is this. Japan is more than mostly gets favoritism. And just so you know, Daisy does have more support in the east than in the west. So with that in mind, the ballot will determine Sakurai considering her chances. And as far as I know, Daisy has more support then the other character's mentioned, besides Toad I would assume.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Remember when he said that there wasn't DLC PLANNED at that time?
That was before the 3DS version's launch :dr^_^:
I don't recall him saying that there wouldn't be characters from other fighting games
Also Brawl?
Brawl what?
But still, just like @ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee said

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Remember when said that there wasn't DLC PLANNED at that time?
That was before the 3DS version's launch :dr^_^:
I don't recall him saying that there wouldn't characters from fighting game
Also Brawl?
Brawl what?
But still, just like @ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee said
I recall him saying that there wouldn't be a game after Melee until Iwata announced one and asked him to develop it after the fact.
The fact that you just said that only adds to my point of how unpredictable Sakurai is.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
People say Smashboards is the only site with good Bandana Dee support..well..I just found Google+ it's not that bad.
Yeah, haha, that's like the new deetractor argument.
They forget that this is the most popular Smash website and that Bandana Dee is actually popular in Miiverse and Tumblr too.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I recall him saying that there wouldn't be a game after Melee until Iwata announced one and asked him to develop it after the fact.
I recall that he makes all the Smash games like if it was his last one, that's something normal with some game developers
The fact that you just said that only adds to my point of how unpredictable Sakurai is.
Uhh, no
It states, that sometimes, when Sakurai says something, he won't change his opinion later on :ohwell:
Just because he said something and then did the opposite thing eventually
It doesn't mean that he will change his mind always

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Okay, then I'll defend,

Waddle Dee (Aka: Bandana Dee):
Last appearance: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Year: 2015
Creator: Masahiro Sakurai
Also has the biggest character thread on Smashboards.

Issac (Aka: Robin):
Last appearance: Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Year: 2011
Creator: Shinji Hatano
Also has the 2nd biggest character thread on Smashboards. (Which actually isn't bad but still look above.)

As you kan see I left out King K. Rool bekause of his unfortunate mishap that happened. Also Waddle Dee is more popular, not just on Smashboards, but internationally. See I've done lots of research so I know about this stuff. That is my defense.
Dark Dawn is a 2010 game...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Bandana Dee, oh how I implore thee. You with your kindness helped Kirby, as he set out on a long journey, to save Dedede. Bandana Dee, Bandana Dee, you've really made an impression for me. With you highly developed spear ability, you're unlike any other Waddle Dee. You gave food to Kirby, so he could stop the evil queen bee, and put her out of her misery. Bandana Dee, you really are OK with me. So tell me, why can't you Smash with me? Speak with Sakurai daddy, to see if you can join the Smash party. Please come soon, Bandana Dee. You have fans. Fans that need the Dee.

Just a little poem I came up with. I was bored. :p

Top Bottom