• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
This totally needs to happen! But, what if, and follow me on this- B.D. is the one who is possessed for the majority of the game and due to this, he commands the Waddle Dees to attack Dream Land leading DDD to ask Kirby for help on saving B.D.. At first, Kirby is eating cake, but being his friend and all, Kirby happily agrees to help rescue the cute little fellow. Once the battle against B.D. starts, it seems to be start off as the BIGGEST joke boss battle in the history of joke boss battles, but another burst of dark energy causes B.D. to SERIOUSLY amp up the cute bad*** in him and with the help of his trusty spear, proceeds to utterly attempt to WRECK Kirby and DDD. Eventually, they save B.D. and find the source of darkness possessing him, and (unsurprisingly:rolleyes:) it turns out to be ANOTHER Dark Matter relative. After finishing the adventure, they hug and congratulate him, and you know..the typical cute, happy Kirby ending you'd see in the real games.
I feel Dark Matter would be too obvious..what would really be surprising would be like someone...like Necroudeus..or.. or... NIGHTMARE..just spitballing here.

So been busy..this is what happened.
Try1.png

Tell me if their is anything wrong with this now.

I also have a solo image
Untitled-2.png

Do with this what you will

I am now going to go update the Twitter..PRODUCTIVE PERSON AWAY.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I feel Dark Matter would be too obvious..what would really be surprising would be like someone...like Necroudeus..or.. or... NIGHTMARE..just spitballing here.

View attachment 66681

I also have a solo image
View attachment 66682

That pose is like:
TA-DAH! >: C

XD

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think I fixed it, what do you think?

Try1.png

wbCn85Ba.png

The pose and proportions look less weird, and I added the spear because that's him main weapon.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

View attachment 66681

I also have a solo image
View attachment 66682

Looks... too round...

Idk, just feels weird for me. His face looks distorted somehow.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
So Bandana Dee. Can't really say where I stand with this character. To me, there's equally valid reasons for and against him. You guys wanna convince me, someone on the fence to be for Bandana Dee?

Furret24

Smash Master
So Bandana Dee. Can't really say where I stand with this character. To me, there's equally valid reasons for and against him. You guys wanna convince me, someone on the fence to be for Bandana Dee?
Well, I guess we could start with what valid arguements you are against Bandana Dee.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Did you read the OP?
What are the reasons against him in your opinion?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Did you read the OP?
What are the reasons against him in your opinion?
Read the OP. I kind think a lot of the ideas for specials are lackluster. Plus, outside of the spear, does anything separate him from other Waddle Dees?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Read the OP. I kind think a lot of the ideas for specials are lackluster. Plus, outside of the spear, does anything separate him from other Waddle Dees?
Oh well, that's personal opinion.
That's what he does in the Kirby games and it's something that is still not used in Smash.
Maybe Sakurai would do something better.
And about the other thing, maybe the fact that he is a main character instead of just an enemy, his bandana, his personality and his durability/skills.
He is Dedede's right-hand man for a reason, the other Waddle Dees are just weak soldiers/servants who don't know how to fight.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I think I fixed it, what do you think?

View attachment 66707

View attachment 66711

The pose and proportions look less weird, and I added the spear because that's him main weapon.
...Ight maybe I'll take another crack at it tomorrow.. Time flew.

I actually distorted him a bit to have him more angled...

As far the spear went...I still had trouble deeciding how to put that in without making it awkward... Plus I need to draw the spear which I am less confident about than any of the simple stuff I just did...whatever I'll try again tomorrow... Goodnight.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
...Ight maybe I'll take another crack at it tomorrow.. Time flew.

I actually distorted him a bit to have him more angled...

As far the spear went...I still had trouble deeciding how to put that in without making it awkward... Plus I need to draw the spear which I am less confident about than any of the simple stuff I just did...whatever I'll try again tomorrow... Goodnight.
Don't worry, I think the avatar is OK, it's not really that important.
Good night.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Anyone see this already?

It's a thread about Bandana Dee.
Edit: Never mind. But anyway, how do you guys think B.W.D will matchup against swordfighters?

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Anyone see this already?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70406393
Edit: Never mind. But anyway, how do you guys think B.W.D will matchup against swordfighters?
No, because it's Gamefaqs, threads are really short... and it's also 10 months old.

I don't know, we don't know the moveset, hitboxes, combos, weight, speed or aerial speed he would have.
That's impossible to know.
But he would probably not be a heavy weight and he would have decent speed and good range, so IMO, he would be a good character. Sword users are not really that good in this game except for Meta Knight and Ike, who are probably mid-high tier.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
No, because it's gamefaqs, threads are really short... and it's also 10 months old.

I don't know, we don't know the hitboxes, combos, weight, speed or aerial speed he would have.
That's impossible to know.
I know...I mean like what would your opinion be if B.W.D got in and fought...I don't know, Toon Link?

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
But he would probably not be a heavy weight and he would have decent speed and good range, so IMO, he would be a good character. Sword users are not really that good in this game except for Meta Knight and Ike, who are probably mid-high tier.
Roy though?
True, it is a hard question! ;3

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I know...I mean like what would you're opinion be if B.W.D got in and fought...I don't know, Toon Link?
Hard to say? Judging the matchup of a character that doesn't exist yet isn't easy. I'd imagine that Bandana Dee doesn't exactly have many projectiles of his own besides Spear Throw, so Toon Link would ultimately win the projectile war between his options and the Hero's Shield.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hard to say? Judging the matchup of a character that doesn't exist yet isn't easy. I'd imagine that Bandana Dee doesn't exactly have many projectiles of his own besides Spear Throw, so Toon Link would ultimately win the projectile war between his options and the Hero's Shield.
But, what if Spear Throw is as good as Sheik's Needles? :awesome:

Roy though?
True, it is a hard question! ;3
Roy is overrated, he is not THAT good.
The only possible DLC character I can predict being bad or good is K. Rool, and he would be bad, probably.

But well, I'm not sure if that's on-topic XD

That would be a cool thread, "predict how bad or good the possible newcomers would be" or something like that.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Yes, but one can imagine.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Its a good feeling knowing Bandana Dee has petty much nothing against him.

He has support
Moveset Potential (Like Ryu, it writes itself)
Relevance (See Isaac)
Isn't overshadowed by anyone else in the series (see dixie)

Seriously, does Bandana Dee have anything going against him?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Its a good feeling knowing Bandana Dee has petty much nothing against him.

He has support
Moveset Potential (Like Ryu, it writes itself)
Relevance (See Isaac)
Isn't overshadowed by anyone else in the series (see dixie)

Seriously, does Bandana Dee have anything going against him?
Maybe that he is not the MOST wanted newcomer in general, has some haters or the possibiliy that Sakurai just thinks he is not necessary.

But the last two can be applied to all the possible newcomers or even veterans.

Last edited:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Maybe that he is not the MOST wanted newcomer in general, has some haters or if Sakurai just thinks he is not necessary.
But the last two can be applied to all the possible newcomers or even veterans.
Let's make help him the MOST wanted then, shall we!? :D

costume argument is as bad as 2 roys, Im not a big supporter of k. rool in your signature it seems you are, seeing some of his fans pessimistic makes me sad... :(but you're probably not being pessimistic, as you say he's debatable, but anyway I really want to know why people think a mii costume deconfirms a character, I legitimately dont know...
I meant that whether the "relevancy" thing affects K. Rool or not is debatable. Mii Costume could prove that not appearing in recent games of the series a.k.a. not being "relevant" might not be a problem for him.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Howdy bandana dee fans :3 I'm here to let you know that I'm planning on making a 1st party Smash Ballot Comic on miiverse and bandana dee will have a major supporting role. ^-^ I hope you look forward to it :) I plan to use some moveset suggestions from the 1st page in the comic . Just thought I should inform you ! ^.^

Anyone see this already?

I feel like Bandana Dee will have more range than the sword fighters and most of the roster. I don't think the Marth mains will be happy that another character has more range than him. Could Bandana Dee be like Marth and the tip of the spear is the most dangerous?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I feel like Bandana Dee will have more range than the sword fighters and most of the roster. I don't think the Marth mains will be happy that another character has more range than him. Could Bandana Dee be like Marth and the tip of the spear is the most dangerous?
But then that makes people think BDee is just a Marth with a spear? idk

I meant that whether the "relevancy" thing affects K. Rool or not is debatable. Mii Costume could prove that not appearing in recent games of the series a.k.a. not being "relevant" might not be a problem for him.
But then again Mii Costume doesn't really say anything on the relevancy thing... I mean... Flying man... Nor did it say anything about popularity really imo.

---

EDIT: Just took some time to draw BDee out of boredom... I'm not sure why did I even star, but here it is:
bdtest.png

no kl pz

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Well, in Return to Dreamland, the Spear ability has slightly more range than the Sword ability, so i'd say he likely would have a little more range than the likes of Meta Knight and Marth.

As for it having a sweetspot on the tip, that wouldn't really work since spears don't function like swords. Spears are thrusted, while swords are swung, making a sweetspot on the spear unnecessary, as it would always hit there (unless you want to make Bandana Dee OP).

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
It would make sense. In real life a spear's stick is less likely to kill you then the tip.

I kind think a lot of the ideas for specials are lackluster.
Special: Shuriken.
Side special: Spear toss.
Up special: Waddle Copter
Down Special: Scope shot.
Final Smash: Megaton Punch.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
Top Bottom