• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Man. I'm literally crying right now.

I just can't believe it.

R.I.P Iwata. He was a great president and a great man. He make me laugh a bunch of times and he was always entertaining. I don't know what to say.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What a man. What a Legend. Kirby would be nothing without Satoru Iwata. May he Rest in Peace.

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
I got a Waddle Dee plush for my as a late gift for my birthday, we pass page 500, then Iwata dies. :(

One heck of a Mood killer that's for sure.

RIP Iwata. You made Nintendo better than it already was.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
..............................:..............................................
I'M LEAVING SMASH BOARDS FOR AWHILE
I CAN'T HANDLE THIS
I take a break and I come back to this death why why WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?
Drama much? Smashboards had nothing to do with Iwata's death. Leaving won't change anything.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
May your pain be over Iwata. You worked hard and became a fine man.
I'm literally listening to the upbeat mario theme on my 3DS to make myself happy.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
May your pain be over Iwata. You worked hard and became a fine man.
I'm literally listening to the upbeat mario theme on my 3DS to make myself happy.
I watched some Gintama. Laughing made me feel better.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.
I am not much of an artist, the implements I have to hand at this moment aren't fantastic, and all I could do was express solemnness, but I wanted to try.

I'm nearly incapable of shading things well, so I opted to stick with greyscale.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
This man made our childhood better, I remember seeing his name on a lot of Kirby games...55 is still way too young...
The first time I saw his name was when I beat Milky Way wishes in super star ultra. The credits rolled, and I saw his name, being the president. I was glad he helped supervise the game. I'm glad he made Nintendo what it is today. It's just that... I'm afraid. I'm not worried that Nintendo won't be as good as it was. I'm afraid it's going to be just like all other gaming companies now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The first time I saw his name was when I beat Milky Way wishes in super star ultra. The credits rolled, and I saw his name, being the president. I was glad he helped supervise the game. I'm glad he made Nintendo what it is today. It's just that... I'm afraid. I'm not worried that Nintendo won't be as good as it was. I'm afraid it's going to be just like all other gaming companies now.
I'm certain Nintendo will keep Iwata's spirit

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
dear god this gets me worried too and as I see the future of gaming with out people like iwata is going to kill it's self like it did in the video game crash I don't know if it's just ok now...
Edit:
derped replyed to the wrong person I get really brain dead at 12:00 AM
but my point still stands on the game industry

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's just that... I'm afraid. I'm not worried that Nintendo won't be as good as it was. I'm afraid it's going to be just like all other gaming companies now.
dear god this gets me worried too and as I see the future of gaming with out people like iwata is going to kill it's self like it did in the video game crash I don't know if it's just ok now...
Your worry is unfounded. People said the same thing when Yamauchi passed the reins to Iwata, as well.

Nintendo is one of those companies that innately knows how to protect its DNA, because they know full well how special it is. Don't worry.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Miyamoto has been promoted to Director, or should I say Deerector, along with someone else, so I think Nintendo is fine. Assuming he doesn't scrap the story from every upcoming game...

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I've been looking through the Kirby Iwata Asks in honor of the man. Here are the quotes that help give an idea of his relationship with the series, and Nintendo as a whole..

From Epic Yarn:

"In the first Kirby game, Kirby's Dream Land for the Game Boy, if you sucked in air, you could float through the sky, and as long as you kept flying, anyone could reach the goal. I remember how at the time we debated about whether it was okay to let just anyone reach the goal. ... We made it so the player could choose to either float slowly toward the goal or to proceed by toppling one enemy after the next depending on his or her skill. What we've been talking about now is somewhat similar to what we thought back then about leaving it up to the players on how they want to play the game."

"Originally, Pokémon Snap for the Nintendo 64 system wasn't a Pokémon game, but rather a normal game in which you took photos, but the motivation for playing the game wasn't clear. We wondered what players would enjoy taking pictures of, and later on we made a somewhat forced switch to taking pictures of Pokémon."
- Continuation from Masanobu Yamamoto (Character Production Section)
"I was involved as a designer, so when characters other than the ones we had designed were used, I had a slightly negative reaction to it. But listening to your discussion with the developers from Good-Feel, I learned that they were lost early on in development, which was the same as with us before.
That time, adopting the Pokémon world clarified what we should do and the direction we should head, and I came to like Pokémon, so I felt like that had saved us. So this time, while I could understand how everyone at Good-Feel felt, I started thinking about how I could get them to like Kirby."

From Return to Dreamland:

"Earlier, when we made Kirby's Adventure, we made the Copy Abilities system for the first time, but when I consulted Suga-san, who was the main programmer and leader, he said something I will remember my whole life. He said, 'Are we…really going to do this?' ... Viewed from development in the days of the Famicom system, I think he meant that the amount of work involved would equal that of many games, and those difficulties in programming have continued to this day as a kind of Kirby tradition."

"Something else Miyamoto-san says, is "A game gets better the second time you make it." I feel like the previous games live on in this one. The third lost game was painfully close to completion, so I didn't want it to end there. This time, the fourth time, the structure has changed, but the third game's output is at work in it."

"When I first started making Kirby, there was a kindergarten right next door. I'll never forget how moved I was the first time I saw doodles there of Kirby. That may have been the first time I realized that the world would recognize what we had made.

Because of that feeling, Kirby is special to me."

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
"When I first started making Kirby, there was a kindergarten right next door. I'll never forget how moved I was the first time I saw doodles there of Kirby. That may have been the first time I realized that the world would recognize what we had made.

Because of that feeling, Kirby is special to me."
This is really touching. Miyamoto said something similar about when little kids came up to him and asked him about Pikmin.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
From Sakurai:
“The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace.”
I'll probably try to draw something featuring BD and Iwata :drshrug:

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
What makes me feel even worse is that everyone was giving Nintendo **** for how they have been running everything like the Wii U, E3, and FedForce. To think that one of my favorite role models of all time has passed while we were giving him ****. I wished he could've at least passed happy what he was leaving behind :/

I love you Iwata <3 Rest In Peace Man

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What makes me feel even worse is that everyone was giving Nintendo **** for how they have been running everything like the Wii U, E3, and FedForce. To think that one of my favorite role models of all time has passed while we were giving him ****. I wished he could've at least passed happy what he was leaving behind :/
It's unfortunate, but that's solely for those who were acting that way without consideration of the wider picture to bear.

Know that not everyone was. Some people are just louder than the rest of us.

Furret24

Smash Master
It's kinda strange how we were celebrating reaching 500 pages a few hours ago. Just a few hours later, we reach the 20,000 comment landmark while we're all mourning the loss of the beloved CEO of Nintendo. Shame how moods can change so quickly.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

I love you Iwata <3 Rest In Peace Man
He died knowing we cared, though. He was doing what he loved during his last moments, at least.
I still can't process the fact that the president of Nintendo, the Grandfather of Gaming, just died so suddenly. It's like when Dumbledore died, it's just something you never thought would happen.

Top Bottom