• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
R.I.P. we will miss you Mr.President i hope where you are now people will understand.

i don't understand are they gone too? this day can't get sadder.

oh. i wish i can get a joke.
OMG NO I'M STILL HERE OMG

THAT MUST HAVE SOUNDED SO BAD OMFG AHDIIRHESIDUURENDBFIDKWBDODODJWJEODDKWODJD

I'M SORRY

D

Deleted member

OMG NO I'M STILL HERE OMG

THAT MUST HAVE SOUNDED SO BAD OMFG AHDIIRHESIDUURENDBFIDKWBDODODJWJEODDKWODJD

I'M SORRY
why are you sorry? you didn't say you were dead.
it's sad the last thing iwata heard was bullstuff about e3 and metroid.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GUYS.

To hopefully lighten the mood on Iwata's death, prepare for some big news tommorow<3

This time, I'll actually deliver...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Nintendo directs really, really endeared him to us gamers. I seriously doubt there would have been such an outpouring of grief if it weren't for that. He brought the company out from the stagnation when it was behind the Playstation, he worked so many games we love to this day, such as Earthbound and Melee, and he was practically the face of the company.

I heard the news of his death about 6 hours ago, I think, and I'm still struggling to hold back my tears right now as I type this. :crying:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
R.i.p Iwata
I am grateful for all of the games he made or help make in some way. This community would have not existed without him.
Thank You Iwata

Kerpy Derp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerpy Derp
3DS FC
3136-7596-2766
I wish I was this sad but I can't be because Nintendo has not been this big a thing in my life I miss him I really do I just don't feel the same amount of pain.:'(

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I wish I was this sad but I can't be because Nintendo has not been this big a thing in my life I miss him I really do I just don't feel the same amount of pain.:'(
Nintendo has always been in my life but I feel you. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm sad too but not as much as others.
I'll draw a more positive thing later. EDIT: http://colorslive.com/details/2952982 Here it is.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Nintendo has been a huge part of my life and Iwata helped shape that. That's why I cried for him yesterday even though I barely thought about him or cared about him before. You never know how much someone means to you, until they are gone. Iwata helped make Kirby and I'm thankful for that.

Furret24

Smash Master
It appears that the WiiU Smash 4 severs are going under maintenance right now. Is this coming up for anyone else?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It appears that the WiiU Smash 4 severs are going under maintenance right now. Is this coming up for anyone else?
Well, I don't know about their severs, but there servers seem to be undergoing maintenance.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm never certain on how I should start out these posts, to be honest. Usually I just wait for some random thing to quote and side-track my post for this kind of stuff, but there's no magical quotes to derail~

Mmm, anyways, Satoru Iwata. When I first heard of his death, while sad, I didn't feel pain. My heart wasn't ripped out of my chest and crushed in a meat grinder (wow, that sounds disgusting). While everybody was talking about how they were mourning over the loss, I was just shocked. That was, until I truly sat down and thought about it.

Thinking about my life, the only reason I was shaped into the person I am today is because of Iwata. Without him, my childhood wouldn't exist. If you're reading this, I want you to take a moment and truly think about what your life would be like without any Nintendo games. When I finally realized this, it truly struck me. This may sound really stupid, but the biggest and most influential part of my life is most definitely Kirby. Without Kirby, a huge chunk of my life would cease to exist. Honestly, truly describing what Nintendo means to me is impossible (or it'd take my lifetime, iunno). What I can say, however, is that Kirby offered me an escape from reality, even to this day.

Whether I just wanted some time to relax and have fun or needed to escape personal issues, I could always go back to Kirby. I mean, I was so in love with the series growing up that I vandalized my school by drawing Kirby pictures on the school wall behind a bush. I would hide behind that bush with some crayons and start drawing a bunch of characters from Kirby's Adventure. I remember spending forever trying to beat Nightmare Orb, being crushed by the stage because I played it too safe. I remember countless hours spent exploring the worlds in Super Star with my brother. I remember exploring the great labyrinth in Amazing Mirror. The only reason I have any of these memories is because of Iwata. Without him, Sakurai, and all the other amazing people at Nintendo, I wouldn't have any of these amazing memories.

Along with that, Kirby isn't the only thing. I remember grabbing my first starter in Pokemon Blue from Professor Oak. I remember the thrill when a challenger approaches in Smash Bros. games. I remember fluttering around, shooting eggs at everything I see in Yoshi's Island. I remember filling Petey Piranha up with water then stomping on him. There's just so much memories that Nintendo games leave on you, it's beyond amazing. While some of these memories weren't directly brought into play from Iwata, the only reason they're retained throughout all this time is because of him. Once I truly realized this, I just... cried.

But now, it's time for me to memoralize Iwata. Two projects have been brought up (and destroyed) several times throughout my time in this thread. Kirby's Adventure: Extra Mode and Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland. Now, I'm happy to say both of these projects will be picked back up and continued. For those who don't know what these are, I'll briefly explain.

Kirby's Adventure: Extra Mode

Kirby's Adventure: Extra Mode focuses on achieving the same thing "Extra Mode" does in modern Kirby games -- making the game harder. While the mode already exists in the current game, it doesn't actually change any of the game's content. It just reduces Kirby's health to three bars. This modification aims to toughen up the game as a whole, possibly making it the hardest Kirby game in the series. While the game will retain it's original level design and feel, enemies, their actions, and their placement will be changed. Along with that, things like Maxim Tomatoes and 1-Ups will be harder to get, and the bosses will be significantly buffed. Development has already gone into this, with both Vegetable Valley and Ice Cream Island having major revisions. I have some videos uploaded from the very beginning of development, too!

Youtube Stuff~ (also has random RtDL mods)

Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland

This is a re-creation of Kirby's Adventure using Return to Dreamland's engine. I can't give much information on this yet, as I'm still in the planning stages! However, I'll be asking you guys several questions over time as I go through things. More information will be released regarding this as time goes on, but I can tell you one thing -- get excited! Quality will be incredibly important with this, so I'd like to keep up Project M-esque standards when working on this. Actually, one other thing. To start this project off, I'll re-create Vegetable Valley 1-1 using Cookie Country's theme. Stay tuned~

Besides that, there's not much else to include in this post. There's one other secret project I'm working on, but that's for another time...

:013:

D

Deleted member

charger broke don't have much time left on the laptop i hope my new charger comes soon.
Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland

This is a re-creation of Kirby's Adventure using Return to Dreamland's engine. I can't give much information on this yet, as I'm still in the planning stages! However, I'll be asking you guys several questions over time as I go through things. More information will be released regarding this as time goes on, but I can tell you one thing -- get excited! Quality will be incredibly important with this, so I'd like to keep up Project M-esque standards when working on this. Actually, one other thing. To start this project off, I'll re-create Vegetable Valley 1-1 using Cookie Country's theme. Stay tuned~

Besides that, there's not much else to include in this post. There's one other secret project I'm working on, but that's for another time...

:013:
are you just recreating levels if not l how will you remake nightmare orb?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So next smashified is made of 9 materials

my guesses are:
1. Spear Tip
2. Red Cloth on Spear
3. Spear Shaft
4. BDee Body
5. Bandana
6. Cheeks
7. Face
8. Feet
9.Eyes
idk, I might be stretching the use of the word "materials".

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

1. Spear Tip
2. Red Cloth on Spear
3. Spear Shaft
4. BDee Body
5. Bandana
6. Cheeks
7. Face
8. Feet
9.Eyes
Ooh, feet and eyes. That's good, that could mean something. I'm glad that was specified.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Just wondering if anyone else has played a few rounds of Smash 3DS on the Balloon Fight stage, in remembrance? I did, and I played a bit of Balloon Fight itself, too. :)

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman

my guesses are:
1. Spear Tip
2. Red Cloth on Spear
3. Spear Shaft
4. BDee Body
5. Bandana
6. Cheeks
7. Face
8. Feet
9.Eyes
You may actually be on to something

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'm still busy with university stuff, please guys, continue with the propaganda.
Well. I'm just now going into High School. Yeah. I'm like 14. Point is, I have a question: How is high school? In your opinion. Fun? Boring? Full of crazy *******? My middle school was.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Rather off topic question, but would anyone know the closest possible font to the Smash bros. Character Reveal screen one, that doesn't cost hundred's of dollars for use? I'd really like to try to make better propaganda for our hero, but I really need a closer font font than what I had before to do it properly.:laugh: (Been using Brittanica Bold with some stroke effects for now, very unprofessional.)

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Rather off topic question, but would anyone know the closest possible font to the Smash bros. Character Reveal screen one, that doesn't cost hundred's of dollars for use? I'd really like to try to make better propaganda for our hero, but I really need a closer font font than what I had before to do it properly.:laugh: (Been using Brittanica Bold with some stroke effects for now, very unprofessional.)
I have no idea, sorry :(

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't know, myself, but you might find something useful on these two sites;

dafont.com
Font Squirrel

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Thank you! I haven't found one yet, but this is definitely going to help me a lot.
No problem! :smash:

There's these, too, though I don't imagine they'll be especially useful here. That said, they're awesome fonts, which warrants a link, I reckon!

You may also want to see if you have any luck with the WhatTheFont! search engine, though in my experience it's a very picky thing and it can be difficult to get it to work.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Well. I'm just now going into High School. Yeah. I'm like 14. Point is, I have a question: How is high school? In your opinion. Fun? Boring? Full of crazy *******? My middle school was.
Hey, I'm 14 as well.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I'm a Junior, and it's decent. Just don't be a Jerk to people, and make sure to get along with your teachers, being on your teacher's good side helps a LOT.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'm a Junior, and it's decent. Just don't be a Jerk to people, and make sure to get along with your teachers, being on your teacher's good side helps a LOT.
Oh I don't plan to be jerks to people, they're just jerks to me. #JerksDontWork

Top Bottom