• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Smash Kirby 2 - Kirby uses a bunch of nuteral Bs of many different smash characters

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
500 pages!

Bandana Dee confi... Oh. That joke was already used. Then

500 pages. Bandana Dee confirmed for Mario Kart.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
500 pages? This can only mean one thing...
SpongeBob confirmed for Street Fighter All-Stars Battle Royale Turbo Ultra for Wii U Championship Edition Deluxe Melee ft. Mr. Dream CD & Knuckles.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
500 pages.

Bandana Dee confirmed.
We're at 500 pages.
Bandana Dee has 10 letters.
500 divided by 10 is 50.
I can't remember where I was going with this.
Oh yeah.
50 is also fifthdee.
Bandana Dee confirmed for Zelda's Return to DreamKart Galaxy and Knuckles.

We're at 500 pages.
Bandana Dee has 10 letters.
500 divided by 10 is 50.
I can't remember where I was going with this.
Oh yeah.
50 is also fifthdee.
Fifty... Fifty Shades of Dee...

Bandana Dee confirmed to have 50 palette swaps.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Congratulations on reaching the 500 page milestone, everybody! :b:

Wizard Kirby - Wait, don't we already have Magic Kirby? Well, yes, but Magic Kirby can't cast spells or anything. It's actually a disappointment that it's called "magic" and it doesn't even use real magic. This copy ability can change that, giving Kirby to cast numerous spells, such as transforming his enemies, shooting fire balls, and summoning creatures to aid him temporarily.
This totally reminds me of the wizards in the arcade game, Ghouls 'n' Ghosts - they could temporarily turn Knight Arthur into things like frogs, ducks, and a helpless damsel. I imagine that it would be a really fun ability to wield as a protagonist.

This makes me want a new Kirby racing game with a name in the vein of the earliest games - Kirby's Dream Kart. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Congrats on page 500!
Here's to 500 more supporting our favorite bandana wearing spear master!

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Congrats on 500 Pages guys! The Bandanna Brigade is pretty much the second biggest support thread on the boards, and let's Waddle on towards our goal of DeeLC!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Congrats on 500 Pages guys! The Bandanna Brigade is pretty much the second biggest support thread on the boards, and let's Waddle on towards our goal of DeeLC!
Honestly, I'm surprised by this considering Kirby isn't that popular and it's almost impossible to find them on the Internet.

I had no idea it was page 500, though. Yay! Maybe I'll start posting here more~

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I'm surprised by this considering Kirby isn't that popular and it's almost impossible to find them on the Internet.
You shouldn't be surprised - Kirby is in fact very popular! :b:

As I've said numerous times, however much the press and those that parrot them downplay it and try to big up much lesser series that they happen to favour, the fact is that Kirby is the sixth-biggest-selling Nintendo franchise overall, and, if you omit the Wii Series so as to count only the character-led ones, Kirby is the fifth-biggest.

The breakdown goes something like this;

Super Mario (~445 million)
Pokemon (~260 million)
Wii (Sports, Fit, etc.) (~193 million)
The Legend of Zelda (~71 million)
Donkey Kong (~56 million)
Kirby (~34 million)
Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training (~33 milion)
Nintendogs (~27 million)
Super Smash Bros. (~26 million)
Animal Crossing (~25 million)
Yoshi (~20 million)
Metroid (~17 milion)
Star Fox (~12 million)
Fire Emblem (~7 million to ~10 million)
Tomodachi Collection (~6 milion)
F-Zero (~5 million)
Pikmin (~5 million)

Sources: Wikipedia article - List of best-seling video game franchises, and for some of the figures and citations missed by that one, Video Game Sales Wiki article - Best selling Nintendo games. The numbers were pulled from the latter, and were the most current ones that I could find.

If Kirby's not that popular, then nor are any of the series with less sales than it, such as Smash and Yoshi, and we all know that that's not true. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to add this before, but as far as the Mario series' sales go, Kirby is about level with both the Mario Party (~36 million) and Mario Sports (~35 million) sub-series. Nobody would ever suggest that those are unpopular, either. :)

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It's sad, the day we reach 500 pages is also the day Iwata passes... :(
RIP Iwata, we thank you for making some of the great Kirby games like Triple Deluxe...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's humbling to see how one person has made a positive imprint on the lives of so many who he never even met. This is something worth remembering.

My thanks for all the fun and the good memories, Mr. Iwata. Rest in peace.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata December 6, 1959 – July 11, 2015
"Please Understand"
I can't even believe that this happened
I feel terrible

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Satoru Iwata just ****ing died. I have no words. I've never felt this sad for the death of someone who I never even knew. Rest in Pasta, Mr. President.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Iwata is dead... Wow. That's sad. I guess it had something to do with his body image. Since last year November's Nintendo Direct, he was a little bigger. Then, this year in April, he was unbelievably skinny. He had lost so much weight! Don't believe me? Look it up. However, Iwata will be missed.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Iwata is dead... Wow. That's sad. I guess it had something to do with his body image. Since last year November's Nintendo Direct, he was a little bigger. Then, this year in April, he was unbelievably skinny. He had lost so much weight! Don't believe me? Look it up. However, Iwata will be missed.
He had a growth in his bile duct. Unfortunately, the treatment failed.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I just lost all of my emotions.....
Yeah, that was my initial reaction as well...

I think this is the first passing I've seen of a person so important to the culture that's a part of my life. I guess it affects all generations as we ourselves age.

Last edited:
Top Bottom