• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I find it comforting how i'm not the only person who's going to high school in a month.
I'm actually kind of glad. Excited, even. Who knows what kind of wild animals I will see! You see, I have a little saying: Pigs give me Bacon, Chickens give me.. Well... Chicken, and the fat cows give me homework. :D

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
OK, that High School conversation was extremely off-topic, stop with it or I will steal your lunch money.

It looks really good!
You sure? I make a mean Roasted Toasted Broiled and Broasted Kindney Bean Seafood chowder! Now with fish! >:D

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I think the best reason to Mod Return to Dreamland is to make the game exciting to revisit for veteran players. In crease hazards and difficulty of the main game. If puzzles can be made more complicated and level design also changed that would be great.

OR even just making more awesome Power room challenges as those were a good test of skill utilizing powers.

Also a change in True Arena as well. In crease speed of bosses or the sort of minions they can call. Have Chozos shotzos in the fights to avoid. I actually found Return to Dreamlands True Arena to be one of the more challenging ones because some fights had two sub bosses to fight at the same time.

All of these ideas would be cool.
Random, but I thought it was cool. Decrypting some files from the game and I came across these in my latest dump:

They're all from the ending credits scene. It's those little cute screenshots that HAL took to include in it. If anybody wants the one of them on the frame that's in the credits, ask and you shall receive.

Also, could anybody possibly edit them to their original colors, or does the blue tint obscure it too much?
Quoting these posts for future reference...

heheheh

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
really? the post rate is lower, and the post that there are are extremely off topic, I come here for discussions about kirby, smash, bandana dee, and even Nintendo, but high school discussions? no, I can understand mourning for iwata, even if someone mourns for something off topic, but spam/filler/offtopic will put some people off, if I went to a thread and saw discussions about something irrelevant then i'd assume its what's posted everyday, so please no more off topic stuff, some of jurassic world was spoiled from it, 387 I guess. so lets only focus on major relevant topics.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
really? the post rate is lower, and the post that there are are extremely off topic, I come here for discussions about kirby, smash, bandana dee, and even Nintendo, but high school discussions? no, I can understand mourning for iwata, even if someone mourns for something off topic, but spam/filler/offtopic will put some people off, if I went to a thread and saw discussions about something irrelevant then i'd assume its what's posted everyday, so please no more off topic stuff, some of jurassic world was spoiled from it, 387 I guess. so lets only focus on major relevant topics.
That's what happens in news droughts like this. E3's over and we won't be getting any big announcements, and what with the post rate dropping, if you haven't noticed, there are no "major relevant topics," and there probably won't be until well into Fall. That's just the order of things, the closest thing we've had to relevant news other than the status on Smashified was the release of Rainbow Curse, and that was months ago. When the news slows down, so does the boards. This is probably true for other character threads, too.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
We could talk about Kirby and Bandana Dee...?

kirby_queen please come back
Silly mod, trying to bring "logic" and such crazy things into this.
Also, she made a point of being very clear that she wasn't coming back. Granted, the reasoning behind it was very stupid, but I'm not going to tell her that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Try to stay on topic, guys. I get that there is a drought of news, but bear with it.

I don't want to infract for spam and ruin the mood.

:231:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Silly mod, trying to bring "logic" and such crazy things into this.
Also, she made a point of being very clear that she wasn't coming back. Granted, the reasoning behind it was very stupid, but I'm not going to tell her that.
Stupid? How so? You can tell me :) I don't think there's anything stupid about leaving a place if you want to leave. Figured it was for the best to leave since folks know me already. I don't take sh*t. So I didn't want to be too naughty for the place and bad for the cause. Plus I had no BIG reason for being here. Not really playing smash anymore *shrugs* but yeaaah stupid.

I'm back temporarily, perhaps... after Iwata's death

Wanted to share this

my miiverse post

Figured you folks might appreciate it more since there's more activity here than on Miiverse KSS board.

Reserved! <3
okay g2g to work bye... gotta deal with comic books now

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Stupid? How so? You can tell me :) I don't think there's anything stupid about leaving a place if you want to leave. Figured it was for the best to leave since folks know me already. I don't take sh*t. So I didn't want to be too naughty for the place and bad for the cause. Plus I had no BIG reason for being here. Not really playing smash anymore *shrugs* but yeaaah stupid.

Wanted to share this

my miiverse post

Figured you folks might appreciate it more since there's more activity here than on Miiverse KSS board.

Reserved! <3
HOLY CRAP KIRBY QUEEN IS BACK?!!?! REJOICE!!

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874

Wanted to share this

my miiverse post

Reserved! <3
Yay kirby_queen is back !!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, please, stay on-topic.
This is like the third time someone starts a conversation with me about this thread. I don't want this thread locked.
If somene posts an off-topic thing, if someone starts spamming videos or gifs or post silly things, I will report it... and this time, I hope a moderator does something.
Even talking about Kirby is not the focus about this thread, but talking about random things is just... terrible.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Wanted to share this

my miiverse post

Reserved! <3
I know you don't take ****, and I respect that, cause neither do I. I'm said stupid because your leaving was rather melodramatic. I don't think you would've done us any harm by staying.
To at least attempt to bring this back on-topic, how's the status on Smashified looking?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, please, stay on-topic.
This is like the third time someone starts a conversation with me about this thread. I don't want this thread locked.
If somene posts an off-topic thing, if someone starts spamming videos or gifs or post silly things, I will report it... and this time, I hope a moderator does something.
Even talking about Kirby is not the focus about this thread, but talking about random things is just... terrible.
Fully agree, it's why I barely posted these days.
About my 'Super Spear BDee' thing, I'd say getting Spear Kirby's hat would be a tad too generic, but have the pointy thing as a crown, then we have something

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I know you don't take ****, and I respect that, cause neither do I. I'm said stupid because your leaving was rather melodramatic. I don't think you would've done us any harm by staying.
To at least attempt to bring this back on-topic, how's the status on Smashified looking?
Please, don't be annoying and don't post insults/bad words.
I also receive complains about your attitude.

And we don't know about Smashified, I personally don't think Bandana Dee is next.
Fully agree, it's why I barely posted these days.
About my 'Super Spear BDee' thing, I'd say getting Spear Kirby's hat would be a tad too generic, but have the pointy thing as a crown, then we have something
Hmmm an Ultra Bandana Dee? Why the Spear Hat?
Why not just a bigger bandana with stars or something?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
For the bandana itself, it'd probably just have a star plopped on with a slightly different design, like Super Chilly.

I think the biggest change would be with the spear itself, as it's the actual weapon. What would change with that?

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

And we don't know about Smashified, I personally don't think Bandana Dee is next.

Hmmm an Ultra Bandana Dee? Why the Spear Hat?
Why not just a bigger bandana with stars or something?
I heard someone say that he could turn into Ultra Flare Dee or something. He basically turns into a Waddle Doo, dons an Ultra Flare hat, and has the powers of Ultra Flare Kirby. I don't know about that, but it seems interesdeeng.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I dunno if that's some odd Waddle Doo OC, but you can probably replace Kirby's model in Return to Dream Land with Waddle Dee or Waddle Doo. They have similar structures and use the same animations for things.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
For the bandana itself, it'd probably just have a star plopped on with a slightly different design, like Super Chilly.

I think the biggest change would be with the spear itself, as it's the actual weapon. What would change with that?
Maybe the tip of the spear would be like a glowing star or something? With a bigger, golden, piece of cloth.

EDIT:
spear.png

:awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys look what I found!

I don't know about you guys but I think sailor waddle dee is the most manly one in this picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
If bandana dee gets in, he would probably have a rapid jab ( or whatever that's called ) because he has something similar in rtdl, which means that all 4 Kirby characters will have rapid jabs

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I imagine an Ultra Bandanna Dee would just have some kind of overpowered spear. I mean, he already has an infinite supply of them, (somehow) it doesn't get much better than unlimited spear mayhem.

Scuse me? My attitude? What's wrong with my attitude? I'm one of the most devoted ones here.
I don't see who else could be next. He's done all the big names already, has he not?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
guys...
You've been to the Mirror World again! ;) Seriously, though, congratulations!

The stores over here have got plentiful Little Mac Amiibos at the moment after a re-stock, so I picked up one of those yesterday, myself. :grin:

Maybe the tip of the spear would be like a glowing star or something? With a bigger, golden, piece of cloth.

EDIT:
View attachment 62042

:awesome:
I really, really like this spear design. I can easily imagine it being used as part of a Final Smash, honestly, assuming that Bandana Waddle Dee ended up with a newly-made-up theme for a Final Smash.

I was reminded why I hate for glory on the 3ds. Little Mac. Little Mac everywhere.
You get matched to a lot of Little Macs? I mainly see Captain Falcons and Star Trek Barbies Zero Suit Samuses. :laugh:

Fret not, though. If we get Bandana Waddle Dee as DLC, there's sure to be a massive flood of BWDs online for a while!

Top Bottom