• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

the next in line is in fact Kirby's Dream Land 3 - a game I have a blind-spot for, as it was never released in Europe (I never even knew that it existed until many years later, and have fairly frequently forgotten all about it in spite of owning it on the Wii U VC now :laugh:).
:4kirby:'s adventure was on the nes it's remake on gameboy advance :4kirby: Super Star was on the snes. whiles its remake is on the ds. it would make sense to have :4kirby: 64 on the 3ds plus it would be better in 3d i think kirbys dreamland 3 art style would not fit in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
:4kirby:'s adventure was on the nes it's remake on gameboy advance :4kirby: Super Star was on the snes. whiles its remake is on the ds. it would make sense to have :4kirby: 64 on the 3ds plus it would be better in 3d i think kirbys dreamland 3 art style would not fit in.
You really think they'd skip one, though? That said, for all we know, they could've been making remakes per-system this whole time, and not per-game...

It's moot now anyway, really. Kirby 64 is on the Wii U VC now, which would suggest we're not getting that as a remake any time soon. :laugh:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Since we're talking predictions, the most likely first parties are probably
  • Wolf (assuming Sakurai isn't already working on him)
  • K. Rool, for obvious reasons.
  • Isaac, because his following is massive.
  • Bandanna Dee, for again, obvious reasons.
  • And Toad, because he's seen a rather massive growth in popularity. Frankly, he's probably just as, if not more, likely than Dee.
I can't see anymore third parties happening except for Geno.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
  • And Toad, because he's seen a rather massive growth in popularity. Frankly, he's probably just as, if not more, likely than Dee.
I believe Geno was bought by AlphaDream so he's technically second party now along with Mallow.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Toad is not really requested that much, I think Krystal should be there.
I believe Geno was bought by AlphaDream so he's technically second party now along with Mallow.
He is third party.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
image.jpg

Toad is not really requested that much, I think Krystal should be there.
Toad is requested quite a bit. More than Krystal. Even if not, Krystal isn't requested nearly as much as the likes of Isaac, Wolf, and Rool.

He is third party.

No!
After a quick search, (oh Google, how I love thee) Pika is indeed correct, Geno and Mallow now belong to AlohaDream. In fact, there even talking about bringing him back!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
View attachment 58525

Toad is requested quite a bit. More than Krystal. Even if not, Krystal isn't requested nearly as much as the likes of Isaac, Wolf, and Rool.

No!
After a quick search, (oh Google, how I love thee) Pika is indeed correct, Geno and Mallow now belong to AlohaDream. In fact, there even talking about bringing him back!
YES! Hopefully they appear in a future title maybe Paper Jam.

Back to Bandana Dee though, make sure when Omni starts Smashified Live to request Bandana Dee.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I honestly don't think we will see anymore Mario characters via DLC. Imo, Daisy, Waluigi, Petey Phirana, ETC, just seem boring. Plus with all of the reps Mario has now, I don't think Sakurai's going to even consider anymore reps. However, if there were more Mario reps, there's only one I'd like to see. He's surprisingly popular among the Mario and Luigi fanbase, and with his weapons and skills, he could make quite the move set. This character...

Is Fawful. ID LOVE TO SEE HIM IN SMASH.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I honestly don't think we will see anymore Mario characters via DLC. Imo, Daisy, Waluigi, Petey Piranha, ETC, just seem boring. Plus with all of the reps Mario has now, I don't think Sakurai's going to even consider anymore reps. However, if there were more Mario reps, there's only one I'd like to see. He's surprisingly popular among the Mario and Luigi fanbase, and with his weapons and skills, he could make quite the move set. This character...

*cough cough Captain Toad*

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I honestly don't think we will see anymore Mario characters via DLC. Imo, Daisy, Waluigi, Petey Phirana, ETC, just seem boring. Plus with all of the reps Mario has now, I don't think Sakurai's going to even consider anymore reps. However, if there were more Mario reps, there's only one I'd like to see. He's surprisingly popular among the Mario and Luigi fanbase, and with his weapons and skills, he could make quite the move set. This character...

It's not up to Sakurai, it's up to the results. If the polls say people want Toad in Smash, I'll bet a leg that Sakurai's gonna put him Smash. He does talk about how he wants please the crowd. Besides, it's Mario, you can never have too many Mario reps. If ****ing FIRE EMBLEM can have 5 reps, one of which being a shameless clone, I think Mario can get one more completely unique character. With all the Toads that have appeared since 1981, I think Sakurai and his team are more than capable of making a good moveset.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The thing you said about the Mario characters is true, but I honestly don't see Captain Toad happening because, like I said before, he is not very popular, he is not that requested.
There are a lot of characters more popular than him: K.Rool, Bandana Dee, Dixie, Isaac, Krystal, Banjo, Rayman, Indies, Inklings, Paper Mario and even Daisy, and that's ignoring the veterans.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm not referring to Captain Toad, I'm referring to Toad, as in the particular Mushroom Retainer that's made a name for himself and that's considered the tritagonist of the Mario series. Or maybe just a generic Toad that served as a representation of all the major Toads in the series. Toad is very popular, and many people wanted him in Smash before the Captain came and stole the attention from him.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys I found this awesome gijinka of bandana waddle dee :D! Also hey guys I'm back so what did I miss?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The thing you said about the Mario characters is true, but I honestly don't see Captain Toad happening because, like I said before, he is not very popular, he is not that requested.
There are a lot of characters more popular than him: K.Rool, Bandana Dee, Dixie, Isaac, Krystal, Banjo, Rayman, Indies, Inklings, Paper Mario and even Daisy, and that's ignoring the veterans.
I gotta agree with you on this one.

Really at this point, moveset pool, uniqueness and things have and always will be a deciding factor in this sort of stuff. However a new factor is definitely in the equation: Fan favorite...

One thing to bare in mind though: Captain toad is an example of a campaign thats slowly gaining ground. It's increasing in popularity, and a lot of Toad fans are slowly shifting to the fellow, since there's always been a lot of drag in the Toad campaign. (As arguably Captain toad is a "more unique" character) It's not what these campaigns are capable of now that one has to worry about. It's what they can do closer to October..

Before, arguably Inkling could have been considered too young to be honest. but fan service could push that note otherwise...

Really, ultimately it will boil down to two factors:

-How popularly they are requested (and how big of a fan following they have)
-If they can work in the game, and work into the game balance (many of the campaigns can do this, so that part isn't really an issue)

The fact this is all about the Fan service also makes the K. Rool, Krystal, Isaac, and Rayman campaigns bigger and stronger than ever as well. Bandana Dee will need to be spread as far as supporters can spread him, and get Kirby fans to notice him..

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
No just no. There's at least 10 other third parties more deserving than Geno.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm not referring to Captain Toad, I'm referring to Toad, as in the particular Mushroom Retainer that's made a name for himself and that's considered the tritagonist of the Mario series. Or maybe just a generic Toad that served as a representation of all the major Toads in the series. Toad is very popular, and many people wanted him in Smash before the Captain came and stole the attention from him.
Captain or not, it's not a popular character for Smash.
The normal one has even less support than Captain Toad.

Hey guys I found this awesome gijinka of bandana waddle dee :D! Also hey guys I'm back so what did I miss?
I don't know, more propaganda and discussion.
And some pictures of Zero Soul's awesome Bandana Dee plushie and one picture of me with my Waddle Dee plushie in page 476.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Captain or not, it's not a popular character for Smash.
The normal one has even less support than Captain Toad.
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing quite a bit of Toad support back in the melee and maybe early brawl days. I still think it's just the fact a lot of them migrated over to the Captain Toad campaign after the disappointing lack of progress in the regular toad XD

I agree with you on that. However he does have a pretty big fanbase... which regardless of whether a character is deserving or not, still makes him a notable pin in the ballot map.

Remember folks. At this point, it's not about who is theoretically deserving of being a fighter in the game.

It's about the fan favorites.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Toad was really popular, but yeah, Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario happened.
He also lost A LOT of support after Peach's reveal with her Neutral Special.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Of course, to be fair Bowser Jr. was also a large and notable campaign. Rosalina, as I remember seeing a user state elsewhere, has been popular in the mario fanbase in general and a lot have wanted to see her in more titles apparently (plus the developers loved the character to death.. and the fact Sakurai is some what of a fan of space XD... *insert space core reference here*). Dr. Mario seems like a bone to the old Melee boys.

Another issue is that Peach neutral detraction doesn't work as well with the Captain, since he is arguably his own thing

Really all in all the point is it just depends on how big the Captain's campaign becomes by the time October rolls around.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
That's because at the time, we didn't know about DLC.
That doesn't matter. Geno has a very large and loyal fanbase and people have been asking for him since Brawl. You'd best believe that people are voting for him, myself included, and if he gets more votes than those other ten people, he's getting in.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
That doesn't matter. Geno has a very large and loyal fanbase and people have been asking for him since Brawl. You'd best believe that people are voting for him, myself included, and if he gets more votes than those other ten people, he's getting in.
well just because a character is number 1, doesnt necessarily mean they will get in, or even if they are the top 5, and they pick 5 characters. Im sticking to the belief we are getting one DLC character per franchise, just to keep it fair. Also, Geno is owned by SqaurE eniX, who are well known for being conservative with their characters. If a character isn't theirs, or is just bad publicity (banjo kazooie), we probably wont see them.

Burruni

Smash Hero
well just because a character is number 1, doesnt necessarily mean they will get in, or even if they are the top 5, and they pick 5 characters. Im sticking to the belief we are getting one DLC character per franchise, just to keep it fair. Also, Geno is owned by SqaurE eniX, who are well known for being conservative with their characters. If a character isn't theirs, or is just bad publicity (banjo kazooie), we probably wont see them.
Just to say.
AlphaDream, the guys behind the Mario & Luigi RPGs, have actually recently bought out the rights to Geno & Mallow.

Edit: "Recently" as in like the last year.

Still not THAT likely, imo.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
That's because at the time, we didn't know about DLC.

Yep. This is a flaw that a lot of campaigns, including this one need to get over: underestimating their competition.

It's not too uncommon for us to brush off characters we don't think "are deserving"... but if they are a popular fan favorite, those campaigns could quickly get a shocker.

Just to say.
AlphaDream, the guys behind the Mario & Luigi RPGs, have actually recently bought out the rights to Geno & Mallow.

Bought the rights huh? Hmm... I wonder if they plan on sticking them in Paper Jam as surprise characters...

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Just to say.

Yes
Now need s some one to buy bomberman PLS

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Nintendo should just buy Castlevania, Bomberman, Contra, and maybe a few other Konami series since they don't know what to do with them (I didn't put MGS because I don't think Nintendo would know what to do with it).
Yeah. and also a certain old Bear and Bird from the n64 days.... :/

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Nintendo should just buy Castlevania, Bomberman, Contra, and maybe a few other Konami series since they don't know what to do with them (I didn't put MGS because I don't think Nintendo would know what to do with it).
what about boktai... I think I'm the only one here who wants a new one....

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Damn, I was just talking about the possibility of Geno in Smash, after all, from what I can find he's the most popular 3rd party character in both Japan and Internationally.

Top Bottom