• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Obviously the best strategy right now is to simply dismantle everyone else's campaigns so that no others can possibly pose a threat to us and the great Dee. How? With our glorious lord Bandana Dee's way of course, the spear! We should conquer everyone else and make them tributary to states to the one, truly deserving, world order of the character, Bandana Dee. We go in to smaller threads and make them pay tribute to their glorious overlord Bandana Dee and force them to vote for Bandana Dee instead. They were better off inside of our sphere anyway, how else can we expect the peoples of non-Bandana Dee characters to vote for a suitable candidate otherwise? They clearly need us and our superior ideology of Dee!
_41873418_ap_pennants416.jpg

For those of you who can't tell, this is a joke, for the love of God, please don't take this seriously.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Obviously the best strategy right now is to simply dismantle everyone else's campaigns so that no others can possibly pose a threat to us and the great Dee. How? With our glorious lord Bandana Dee's way of course, the spear! We should conquer everyone else and make them tributary to states to the one, truly deserving, world order of the character, Bandana Dee. We go in to smaller threads and make them pay tribute to their glorious overlord Bandana Dee and force them to vote for Bandana Dee instead. They were better off inside of our sphere anyway, how else can we expect the peoples of non-Bandana Dee characters to vote for a suitable candidate otherwise? They clearly need us and our superior ideology of Dee!View attachment 58553

For those of you who can't tell, this is a joke, for the love of God, please don't take this seriously.
Hey, its the new Hitler.

JIGGLYHITLER!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Did they buy anyone else from Super Mario RPG?
No, those were the only two characters created by SE, aside from Culex.
well just because a character is number 1, doesnt necessarily mean they will get in, or even if they are the top 5, and they pick 5 characters. Im sticking to the belief we are getting one DLC character per franchise, just to keep it fair. Also, Geno is owned by SqaurE eniX, who are well known for being conservative with their characters. If a character isn't theirs, or is just bad publicity (banjo kazooie), we probably wont see them.
Again, you seem to hang to the belief that you can see inside Sakurai's mind. As far as we know, this is a free-for-all. And plus, as I said earlier, Geno and Mallow have both been bought by AlphaDream, who've said themselves that they'd like an excuse to use them.

D

Deleted member

'Dude, I'm just resaying what there is ON THIS VERY PAGE OF THE THREAD xD" - Me, a couple posts ago
OK. I just curious because I haven't found a source that says that they own the rights to those characters other than how they could be implemented in future games.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hey, its the new Hitler.

JIGGLYHITLER!
Can someone honestly photoshop Hitler's face on a jigglypuff (I now really want to see it).
Why did you have to make me do this?:sadeyes:

Edit: I took it down per request, too be honest I already felt pretty guilty making it. If you still want it for some reason PM me, this isn't the place for it.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hmm... I found this http://nintendoeverything.com/alpha...no-and-mallow-could-be-used-in-a-future-game/

So they are definitely intend on using them in a future title. Burruni will have to provide the source for the buy out though, as I couldn't find anything on that

edit: Huh. guess I was late for the last bit. At any rate, I guess it will be cool seeing what they do with em. We certainly know Square wasn't going to use em for anything >_>..
I'M NOT THE FIRST ONE TO SAY IT ON THIS PAGE!!! (Actually, it' last page now, BUT STILL)

PEOPLE, STOP SAYING I AM THE SOURCE FOR THIS INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD xD

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'M NOT THE FIRST ONE TO SAY IT ON THIS PAGE!!! (Actually, it' last page now, BUT STILL)

PEOPLE, STOP SAYING I AM THE SOURCE FOR THIS INFORMATION ON THIS THREAD xD
Well umm.....

User that mentioned those two were bought by Alphadream, throw a link please before this gets worse XD

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Really, ultimately it will boil down to two factors:

-How popularly they are requested (and how big of a fan following they have)
-If they can work in the game, and work into the game balance (many of the campaigns can do this, so that part isn't really an issue)
I think a third factor is also likely: If they will sell to a wide audience.

After all, the ballot is for paid DLC, and, fan-service or not, I'd imagine it's unlikely that they would invest resources into creating something that may not see good sales with a wide audience, who will certainly outnumber those inclined to vote.

Bandana Dee will need to be spread as far as supporters can spread him, and get Kirby fans to notice him..
I'm having good results on Miiverse with this, at least. (Is anyone else?)

Yep. This is a flaw that a lot of campaigns, including this one need to get over: underestimating their competition.
I've said a few times that this is really best viewed as a worst-case scenario, so naturally I wholeheartedly agree with this. ;)

This campaign also has a curious phenomenon stacked against it (also involving underestimation, but of a different sort), due to how the Kirby series is so often mistakenly viewed as being less well-known than it is, even by its own fans, due to how some "louder" outside sources downplay it constantly.

Both types of underestimation are something we need to be aware of, but especially the type that @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker mentions.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think a third factor is also likely: If they will sell to a wide audience.

After all, the ballot is for paid DLC, and, fan-service or not, I'd imagine it's unlikely that they would invest resources into creating something that may not see good sales with a wide audience, who will certainly outnumber those inclined to vote.
Though to be fair, one could argue not all that many DLC options "would" suite a wide audience.. Once you get characters like Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman out of the way... you don't really have all that many "wide audience" characters. It's fan-service for a reason. Most characters are going to only appeal to so many fans and people.. B Dee for example will definitely appeal to Kirby fans, but his appeal could falter to non-fans. ("Roy? Ugh another Marth clone -_-" "What the heck is this thing with the bandana?..") Some could also apply for various Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Metroid characters.

It's why they are going by the ballot. With that information they will know what characters have the most support, and could there for get the most interest theoretically in the Eshop.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I said on the DLC character thread, that King K. Rool, Bandana Waddle Dee, Issac, Wolf, and Geno are my DLC predictions.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Though to be fair, one could argue not all that many DLC options "would" suite a wide audience.. Once you get characters like Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman out of the way... you don't really have all that many "wide audience" characters. It's fan-service for a reason. Most characters are going to only appeal to so many fans and people.. B Dee for example will definitely appeal to Kirby fans, but his appeal could falter to non-fans. ("Roy? Ugh another Marth clone -_-" "What the heck is this thing with the bandana?..") Some could also apply for various Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Metroid characters.

It's why they are going by the ballot. With that information they will know what characters have the most support, and could there for get the most interest theoretically in the Eshop.
Oh, absolutely. I just think it will still be a factor to some degree. Gut feeling, I guess?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
The real trouble will be what'll happen to the roster when Sakurai retires from the series.

I maintain that the recent Mario Kart rosters are bad omens in that regard. :p
Considering how Sakurai and his team really work hard to keep as many true clones out of the game as possible (which I doubt would be changing itself if Sakurai retired, unless something came up) I think there is something worse to worry about...

I have brought up this scenario in the past... Lets call this one Roster burnout (similar to Campaign burnout, but more official, and twice as deadly..)

There obviously is going to come a time when the roster is going to hit a peak... After all, it takes a lot of time to develop the fighters (even the VETERANS have to usually be completely recreated from scratch each and every installment..) All this said, considering the time constraints the team is put on, Sakurai or no Sakurai, It's going to get to a point where it will be nearly impossible to re-implement all the veterans.. (while adding new characters at the same time) and here is where a few outcomes come into play:

-Just focus on getting all the veterans back in: This obviously can't work, as you can't use the same roster over and over again..

-Cut back on the veterans, and focus on newcomers: The issue with this, is you would have fans whom would rage at the removal of <insert character here>

-Get as many in as possible, and add a truck load of DLC after the game releases: This could work... if fans wouldn't accuse the devs of holding back content... which they would.. -_-

All that said, none of those are really viable options.

Thus, eventually there is going to come a time where some characters are going to start to disappear in order for new faces to make their way into the game...

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Considering how Sakurai and his team really work hard to keep as many true clones out of the game as possible (which I doubt would be changing itself if Sakurai retired, unless something came up) I think there is something worse to worry about...

I have brought up this scenario in the past... Lets call this one Roster burnout (similar to Campaign burnout, but more official, and twice as deadly..)

There obviously is going to come a time when the roster is going to hit a peak... After all, it takes a lot of time to develop the fighters (even the VETERANS have to usually be completely recreated from scratch each and every installment..) All this said, considering the time constraints the team is put on, Sakurai or no Sakurai, It's going to get to a point where it will be nearly impossible to re-implement all the veterans.. (while adding new characters at the same time) and here is where a few outcomes come into play:

-Just focus on getting all the veterans back in: This obviously can't work, as you can't use the same roster over and over again..

-Cut back on the veterans, and focus on newcomers: The issue with this, is you would have fans whom would rage at the removal of <insert character here>

-Get as many in as possible, and add a truck load of DLC after the game releases: This could work... if fans wouldn't accuse the devs of holding back content... which they would.. -_-

All that said, none of those are really viable options.

Thus, eventually there is going to come a time where some characters are going to start to disappear in order for new faces to make their way into the game...
I can see all of this happening, too. I already see it as part of, or at least something that's similar to, what's hit Mario Kart 7 and 8 (though admittedly, some of that has simply been utterly nonsensical). :c

I suppose there's nothing much we can do about it right now, anyway.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I can see all of this happening, too. I already see it as part of, or at least something that's similar to, what's hit Mario Kart 7 and 8 (though admittedly, some of that has simply been utterly nonsensical). :c

I suppose there's nothing much we can do about it right now, anyway.
Yeah...

I'm also kinda still hoping one day for that theoretical Super Kart Bros... XD

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Please take down anything having to do with Hitler. It's kind of offensive.

I just did, I feel pretty bad about it to be honest. Sorry. I really ought to learn how to simply say no to somethings, especially when they conflict with my morals. Once again, sorry.

On another note, I hope by the time the next smash comes out technology has advanced far enough that a character shouldn't be that hard to make, but that's sadly a pretty unrealistic thought. It would suck so much for Bandana Dee to get in this game, just to get cut next time, although I'm sure unique veterans would be a priority to keep around, especially since this is such a roster dependent game. Unfortunately, it is true that the possibility of there being a large amount of cuts next game is rather high, it scares me to be perfectly honest.

Although, what on earth was with the Mario kart roster cuts? It can't possibly be nearly as hard to make a character for that game, so I guess the main reason was just insanity and/or laziness?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I just did, I feel pretty bad about it to be honest. Sorry. I really ought to learn how to simply say no to somethings, especially when they conflict with my morals. Once again, sorry.

On another note, I hope by the time the next smash comes out technology has advanced far enough that a character shouldn't be that hard to make, but that's sadly a pretty unrealistic thought. It would suck so much for Bandana Dee to get in this game, just to get cut next time, although I'm sure unique veterans would be a priority to keep around, especially since this is such a roster dependent game. Unfortunately, it is true that the possibility of there being a large amount of cuts next game is rather high, it scares me to be perfectly honest.

Although, what on earth was with the Mario kart roster cuts? It can't possibly be nearly as hard to make a character for that game, so I guess the main reason was just insanity and/or laziness?
Yeah... it seems sorta weird on that note. I have no idea how that stuff works so I can't really say much, but unlike Smash where there is a bunch of unique movesets, isn't the only thing unique about racers just the vehicles they drive, and their particular weight class?.... The only thing I can think of is if it was due to trying to shoehorn in some gimmicks from some of the titles that were out at the time... then again thats probably not even it. No telling what made them decide to take that route XD

Anyway, when the time does come when some characters have to be put to rest... I guess it shouldn't be an issue if the newcomers themselves have good legacies and are popular and unique in their own rights too... I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go, cause as we know, Sakurai or no Sakurai, there will be more Smash titles.... there would be no way Nintendo would ditch one of their trump cards...

Heck maybe they should set up a secondary twelve fighters that wouldn't have to worry about cuts (due to their novelty and legacy), and not have to worry about it..

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Please take down anything having to do with Hitler. It's kind of offensive.
Oh please, it's all in good fun. No ones painting swatiskas on anything, I doubt anyone's going to be offended. He might have been one of the most evil men in the world, but you can't lie, the man had a bitchin mustache.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Oh please, it's all in good fun. No ones painting swatiskas on anything, I doubt anyone's going to be offended. He might have been one of the most evil men in the world, but you can't lie, the man had a bitchin mustache.
Stache game strong. I feel like some mod will give me some warning for that (ugh mods amiright UP TOP!).

On a lighter, more pleasant note, I feel like buying a game soon and its probably going to be on the 3DS (I really shouldn't since I'm saving up for Woolly World and Xenoblade Chronicles X but what the heck). I don't know if I should buy Triple Deluxe or Awakening, any suggestions (although it might be biased since this is the Bandana Dee thread). btw what role does Bandana Dee play in Triple Deluxe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Stache game strong. I feel like some mod will give me some warning for that (ugh mods amiright UP TOP!).

On a lighter, more pleasant note, I feel like buying a game soon and its probably going to be on the 3DS (I really shouldn't since I'm saving up for Woolly World and Xenoblade Chronicles X but what the heck). I don't know if I should buy Triple Deluxe or Awakening, any suggestions (although it might be biased since this is the Bandana Dee thread). btw what role does Bandana Dee play in Triple Deluxe.
Support role. If you want a nice casual experience, KTD. If you want story, shipping, challenge and Anna(****ing Anna man!) then Awakening. Both have stubby legs now that I think about it

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Er...Geno isn't owned by AlphaDream, citation needed, that sentence was more along the lines of 'we'd like to use him' as the director for M&L is the guy who directed SMRPG
Then don't my word for it, look it up yourself if you really want to confirm it so badly. Google, it exist, people. Yahoo, too. And Bing, but nobody uses Bing.
You know what? I think I like you.

What could be more lighter and pleasant than mustaches? Kidding. But seriously, it's honestly not really a possible task to compare the two games. If your looking for something to suck up time and that's going to last you a while, then get Awakening. If you want something much more lighthearted and fun that's going to make you want to play because of just how fun it is, then Triple Deluxe. Both games of have a ****load of replay value, like Dededetour and the DLC chapters.
As for Bandanna Dee, he pretty much serves as the Adeleine of this game, whenever you see him, he throws something helpful at you, most of the time food. I'm pretty sure he waves at you too, but I forgot.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Support role. If you want a nice casual experience, KTD. If you want story, shipping, challenge and Anna(****ing Anna man!) then Awakening. Both have stubby legs now that I think about it
I think I'd get KTD mainly cuz I grew up with Nightmare in Dreamland (I love that game to death btw the Wheel powerup is the best amiright or amiright) and I kind suck at finishing longer Nintendo games. My friend recommends Awakening though (its like his favorite game and I don't think he cares about Anna). I've been trying to get into Fire Emblem. I don't know, I'm really indecisive.

@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor Was it the Jackfilms reference? I bet it was.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think I'd get KTD mainly cuz I grew up with Nightmare in Dreamland (I love that game to death btw the Wheel powerup is the best amiright or amiright) and I kind suck at finishing longer Nintendo games. My friend recommends Awakening though (its like his favorite game and I don't think he cares about Anna). I've been trying to get into Fire Emblem. I don't know, I'm really indecisive.

@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor Was it the Jackfilms reference? I bet it was.
You complimented Hitler's mustache, and dissed mods in one comment. How could I not? And I actually didn't know that Geno had been bought until you promoted me to look it up, and if there's one thing I love, it's learning stuff.
I'm pretty sure this is not the Geno & Hitler thread.
It's not? Damn, then why am I here?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
You complimented Hitler's mustache, and dissed mods in one comment. How could I not? And I actually didn't know that Geno had been bought until you promoted me to look it up, and if there's one thing I love, it's learning stuff.
I like learning stuff too! Well, correction, stuff I'm interested in, like seriously when am I going to have to know what Newton's first law is?

Back to the Dee, I kinda want Bandana Dee in so I can make fun of his name like I do with King Dededededededededededededededeededededededededededede.

Last edited:
Top Bottom