• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
how? that doesn't elaborate on anything
We had Kirby's Adventure which was remade into Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Kirby Super Star Ultra, since both were console Kirby games it would seem that Kirby 64 Crystal Shards is the next in line console Kirby game to get a handheld remake on Nintendo's most recent handheld console, that being the Nintendo 3DS XL.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
We had Kirby's Adventure which was remade into Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Kirby Super Star Ultra, since both were console Kirby games it would seem that Kirby 64 Crystal Shards is the next in line console Kirby game to get a handheld remake on Nintendo's most recent handheld console, that being the Nintendo 3DS XL.
No. The most recent handheld is the "New Nintendo 3Ds".

Burruni

Smash Hero
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/...in-the-battle-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-481/

Read this, guys.
It's a translation of a Famitsu column, with what Sakurai said about DLC.
Looks like there are no more pre-ballot characters, well... Sakurai always lies, but whatever.
Show your support for the Dee!
Sakurai doesn't state there is no more Pre-Ballot characters.
That's an implication of such from him stating that the characters in future are going to be fan favorites. :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy: count for this and I certainly think :wolf: does too.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XZ...QlnTj6rU/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics
Also, a poll, Bandana Dee does pretty decent if you ignore all the non Rayman third parties and the indies.
Like I said, reddit and Tumblr are good websites for propaganda, please, make some.
Does anyone have the comic of the Bandanna Dee ballot? I'm going to post up a write up soon in the RTC thread soon and I definitely need to share it.
http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?section=&global=1&q=dragonith+kirby
:B

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Back from another weird hiatus. Yayyyy.
Anywho, I recently downloaded Kirby and the Amazing Mirror on my 3DS. It'll probably take me forever to beat.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
We can't let our hopes be DEE-feated! Mind adding me to the supporter list?

Oh, and sorry for not posting anything here in a long time...
The supporter list is in the poll of this thread, if you voted YES, you are a supporter.
You can see the other supporters clicking the number of votes.
And yes, dees is our last chance!

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Alright guys, Sakurai said that it's all fanservice from here on out, and that there are only several more characters. I think this prob means we have 4-5 characters left, my guess on 4. 4 pre-ballot, 4 ballot. We need to put together a list of all the most probable DLC, and see how BDee matches up against them.

King K
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Wolf
Krystal
Wonder Red
Paper Mario
Pichu
Sceptile

what else am I missing?

Alright guys, Sakurai said that it's all fanservice from here on out, and that there are only several more characters. I think this prob means we have 4-5 characters left, my guess on 4. 4 pre-ballot, 4 ballot. We need to put together a list of all the most probable DLC, and see how BDee matches up against them.

King K
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Wolf
Krystal
Wonder Red
Paper Mario
Pichu
Sceptile

what else am I missing?
Captain Toad, Impa, Inkling, Ray (like Pichu, he is fairly popular in Japan but not in the West) and some popular third-parties (Snake, Shantae, Rayman), and maybe Chibi-Robo (only if you keep Wonder Red, as both are only somewhat popular). And I somewhat disagree with Sceptile, the only reason he is so popular is because he is a grass starter, and Wonder Red, as he is not really popular in either Japan or the West.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

King K
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Wolf
Krystal
Wonder Red
Paper Mario
Pichu
Sceptile

what else am I missing?
Inklings.
Namely Inklings.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Inklings.
Namely Inklings.
I have to say Burruni, the Inklings I don't see hapening, mainly because they have not only costumes but a trophy that costs $0.75 or $1.15 if you bought the bundle, with that in mind it seems very unlikely they'll join the fight, but at the very least we have the costumes, although I really wish that they had a custom part that lets you shoot ink, because them shooting bullets is kind of out of place.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I have to say Burruni, the Inklings I don't see hapening, mainly because they have not only costumes but a trophy that costs 0.75 or 1.15 if you bought the bundle, with that in mind it seems very unlikely they'll join the fight, but at the very least we have the costumes, although I really wish that they had a custom part that lets you shoot ink, because them shooting bullets is kind of out of place.
If they're requested enough, which seems to be shaping up to be the case, do the Costumes stop them from being made into full fighters? Not by a LONG shot.
That's what keeps them as strong contenders, imo.
The trophy is just a vestigial part of the case.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
"From now until the end, it is going to be fan service, but I can’t keep the development team together forever, so there’s only going to be several more characters. I also ask for your patience, as we need time to develop more content."
-Sakurai
Well, there's the evidence we needed. Straight from Sakurai himself. Guess we really ought to kick it into high-gear now.

King K
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Wolf
Krystal
Wonder Red
Paper Mario
Pichu
Sceptile

what else am I missing?
This is all assumptions. We don't know exactly how many fighters are being chosen, and Septile? We should probably stick to what we know is true. Robby's already done something similar to this anyway. Besides, if we do our job right, Bandanna Dee won't just be sitting in one spot on the metaphorical popularity chart. He'll be rising.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
GUYS HAVE YOU HEARD?! ROY AND RYU ARE CONFIRMED AS PRE-BALLOT CHARACTERS!!! BANDANA DEE HAS AN EVEN GREATER CHANCE!!!!!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well, from what I gather, the term several usually means AT LEAST more than two... I don't know why, but assuming we are done with pre-ballot (they could still surprise us since there is still a lot of time until the ballot's end.. so don't quote me on this XD).. I have a gut feeling we're going to end up with five fighters from the ballot. I predict one fighter will be the largest fan favorite 3rd party, one will be the largest fan favorite indie, and the last three will be the largest fan favorite first parties. Of course I could be wrong, but hey, I did say it was a gut feeling XD

That said, if this did happen, here is my predictions of how it would go....:

-For the most popular 3rd party character... I'd have to give it to Rayman. As much as I would love to see Banjo, or one of the other big names show up in this, I feel like his presence is clear at this point. The hype and desire for him at this point would just be to big for them to ignore.

-For the most popular Indie character... surprisingly, I'm not to sure on this. I'd have to go with either Shovel Knight, or Shantae. Though Shovel Knight only has one title (something I have brought up time and time again, and I have put against the fellow before), the fact this is fan service changes things. Shovel Knight is definitely popular. As for Shantae, she is also a force that is slowly growing in the ballot, and I have little doubts she'll end up high up there by the end of this. Other indies I could normally think of are either too small, don't have a large enough fan following, or don't have a big enough legacy... (at least in my opinion!)

Now for the three first parties, here is where it gets fun.

-For the first one, I have to give it to King K. Rool. I would be absolutely FOOLISH not to. King K. Rool is a force thats been going since melee. Fans have begged for him for quite a long time and their presence is very clear. Next to Ridley, I'd have to say he was one of the most frequently mentioned names I saw back then.. save for another, which I'll be getting into in the next one.

-For the second one, I have to go with Krystal. Like K. Rool, she is also a heavy fan favorite that has been begged for for a long time. Many fans were SURE she was going to be in Brawl.. (heck she won the poll run back then asking who fans thought made it into the game..) Considering her large presence, I'd be surprised if she didn't make it to be honest.

-For the third, here is where it gets more murky. It could fall between several different characters. Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, Isaac... I can name a few. If you guys want the Dee, I honestly believe you're gonna have to keep pushing...

All that said, those are just my predictions. There is no telling how this crazy ballot will end. All that said, if what I speculate comes true, that would bring the roster up to a grand total of 58 fighters (61 if you count the miis).

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

King K
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Wolf
Krystal
Wonder Red
Paper Mario
Pichu
Sceptile

what else am I missing?
Among these,
  • Wolf is in a tier of his own, being a popular veteran.
  • K. Rool and Isaac are both massively popular around the internet.
  • Below this, we have Dixie Kong, Krystal, and I believe Bandana Dee as well, and possibly Paper Mario.
  • The rest are below this and I don't think they really have much of a chance.
:231:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
why do people think a k64 remake is likely, JUST because most n64 games did, honestly the cojtrol was really stiff, for a kirby game, imo it, wouldn't really add much, I don't know... I just would rather a remake that would add stuff, ktam remake with onlije or air ride with online, etc.
You're a little behind - it's no longer likely, now! Before it was deconfirmed, I wrote up some of the possible reasons;

1: HAL Laboratory have been making tons of references to and dropping hints about Kirby 64 (and to a lesser degree, Kirby's Dream Land 2 and 3) for over a year, now.

2: Kirby Triple Deluxe, whilst mostly using the art-style of Kirby's Return to Deam Land, features a modernised version of Dedede's Kirby 64 design (easily spotted, as he looks sterner and beakier when rendered this way). This was not just cosmetic or restricted to cutscenes - they reproduced his animations for the unlockable Dededetour as well.

3: Every Nintendo handheld since the Game Boy Advance has gotten a remake of a previously home-console-only Kirby title, and with Kirby 64's use of 3D (there are bosses and areas where you must pay attention to the orientation and placement of objects within a three-dimensional space), and the fact it seemed to be next in line, I expected it to show up on the 3DS. However, as @ Zerp Zerp correctly pointed out, the next in line is in fact Kirby's Dream Land 3 - a game I have a blind-spot for, as it was never released in Europe (I never even knew that it existed until many years later, and have fairly frequently forgotten all about it in spite of owning it on the Wii U VC now :laugh:).

In short, it all seemed as logical as all of the curious issues surrounding Waddle Dee appearances in Smash 3DS/Wii U, but reality still scuppered it. ;)

I don't. :( Because they don't sell any Kirby-related stuff (other than games) here where I live. :c They didn't even release Kirby's Dream Collection in Europe.
I've turned to various import stores, to that end, myself. You can't go far wrong with a lot of the sites listed under "Online Stores/Direct Buy Sites/Import Shops" here, though my personal favourites are AmiAmi and Play-Asia, which are where most of my Kirby stuff has come from.

I've also found that it's worth having an account with Celga (a deputy service who can order from Japanese web shops and bid on Japanese auction sites on your behalf), in order to get hold of tougher-to-find items, as well.

It's likely because it's next in line for a remake.
Alas not, as above. :c

Anyway, I'm posting this a little later than I'd hoped to (and I'm skipping the stuff about what Sakurai has said, as that's been covered better in the posts preceding mine), but here are the two new Kirby Miiverse communities;

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Kirby Squeak Squad (Sorry Nintendo Europe, but "Kirby Mouse Attack" is a stupid name and I'm not going to use it! :p)

You need to be logged into your Miiverse account in order to see any posts now, apparently.

I've gotten a Bandana Waddle Dee post in the Kirby 64 one already (a captioned screenshot from just before Waddle Dee goes berserk and gets turned into a Waddle Doo), but I haven't posted to the Squeak Squad section, as I didn't pick up that game.

Last edited:
I think the most probably first-party (or second-party) DLC characters are:
  • Wolf
  • King K. Rool
  • Isaac
  • Dixie Kong
  • Bandana Dee
  • Inkling
  • (maybe) Paper Mario
  • (maybe) Captain Toad
  • (maybe) Krystal
And third-parties (popular ones that actually have a chance):
  • Snake (though Konami's current state is an obstacle)
  • Shantae
  • Rayman

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You're a little behind - it's no longer likely, now! Before it was deconfirmed, I wrote up some of the possible reasons;

1: HAL Laboratory have been making tons of references to and dropping hints about Kirby 64 (and to a lesser degree, Kirby's Dream Land 2 and 3) for over a year, now.

2: Kirby Triple Deluxe, whilst mostly using the art-style of Kirby's Return to Deam Land, features a modernised version of Dedede's Kirby 64 design (easily spotted, as he looks sterner and beakier when rendered this way). This was not just cosmetic or restricted to cutscenes - they reproduced his animations for the unlockable Dededetour as well.

3: Every Nintendo handheld since the Game Boy Advance has gotten a remake of a previously home-console-only Kirby title, and with Kirby 64's use of 3D (there are bosses and areas where you must pay attention to the orientation and placement of objects within a three-dimensional space), and the fact it seemed to be next in line, I expected it to show up on the 3DS. However, as @ Zerp Zerp correctly pointed out, the next in line is in fact Kirby's Dream Land 3 - a game I have a blind-spot for, as it was never released in Europe (I never even knew that it existed until many years later, and have fairly frequently forgotten all about it in spite of owning it on the Wii U VC now :laugh:).

In short, it all seemed as logical as all of the curious issues surrounding Waddle Dee appearances in Smash 3DS/Wii U, but reality still scuppered it. ;)

I've turned to various import stores, to that end, myself. You can't go far wrong with a lot of the sites listed under "Online Stores/Direct Buy Sites/Import Shops" here, though my personal favourites are AmiAmi and Play-Asia, which are where most of my Kirby stuff has come from.

I've also found that it's worth having an account with Celga (a deputy service who can order from Japanese web shops and bid on Japanese auction sites on your behalf), in order to get hold of tougher-to-find items, as well.

Alas not, as above. :c

Anyway, I'm posting this a little later than I'd hoped to (and I'm skipping the stuff about what Sakurai has said, as that's been covered better in the posts preceding mine), but here are the two new Kirby Miiverse communities;

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Kirby Squeak Squad (Sorry Nintendo Europe, but "Kirby Mouse Attack" is a stupid name and I'm not going to use it! :p)

You need to be logged into your Miiverse account in order to see any posts now, apparently.

I've gotten a Bandana Waddle Dee post in the Kirby 64 one already (a captioned screenshot from just before Waddle Dee goes berserk and gets turned into a Waddle Doo), but I haven't posted to the Squeak Squad section, as I didn't pick up that game.
Well not exactly, as Kirby's Dreamland 3 is not the most popular Kirby game, at least Crystal Shards has had a lasting impression on the series, Dreamland 3 is a game not many people talk about and adding more to the fact that it's not next in line is the fact that it's part of the Dreamland series and was also never released in Europe, so fans wouldn't be familiar with the game, unlike Crystal Shards which does have a following.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Why does everyone assume Pre-ballot is over? Sakurai pretty much confirmed he went off of popularity for the two of the latest pre ballot fighters (:4lucas: and :4feroy:), so what's stopping him from doing more fanservice with pre-ballot and not just ballot? I think it's a careless assumption to just assume pre-ballot is over, but I guess it will help some not be disappointed on the off chance that pre-ballot is actually over.

Also, off topic, but is Nintendo of Europe really that bad? All of this talk about it is worrying me since I'm actually immigrating to Europe in just a few months :laugh:.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Why does everyone assume Pre-ballot is over? Sakurai pretty much confirmed he went off of popularity for the two of the latest pre ballot fighters (:4lucas: and :4feroy:), so what's stopping him from doing more fanservice with pre-ballot and not just ballot? I think it's a careless assumption to just assume pre-ballot is over, but I guess it will help some not be disappointed on the off chance that pre-ballot is actually over.

Also, off topic, but is Nintendo of Europe really that bad? All of this talk about it is worrying me since I'm actually immigrating to Europe in just a few months :laugh:.
I myself wasn't really stating it's over. My speculation is mostly in the scenario where it's all done. Like you mention, they could surprise us.. I mean there is still a couple months until october, so it could happen.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Plus, it sounds to similar to "Kirby Mass Attack"... -_-
That was such poor forward planning. And with some regional accents/dialects, the two sound almost the same! :laugh:

The way I see it, we should follow the credo that Sakurai follows when making games - treat it as the last chance, and give it our all.

Whether pre-ballot is or isn't over doesn't matter - it's just best to assume that we're dealing with the worst case scenario. ;)

Not anymore, no. They've worked VERY hard to shed the image of not caring about the region that the previous management saddled them with after around 20 to 25 years of continual missteps, and they're actually very on the ball about localising things and releasing things in a timely fashion, now.

They still have a few things left to do with regards to righting their sometimes less-than-optimal treatment of the Kirby series (they still occasionally stupidly rename games for no reason, which has been going on since 1997, and we still occasionally face unnecessary delays, though they're much shorter now, being in the range of six months at most, rather than one to two years), but by and large, I'd have to say that they're superb nowadays.

Last edited:
Top Bottom