• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
I think that Bandana Dee is one of the DLC characters that will be released outside of the ballot like Lucas, Mewtwo, Roy, and Ryu.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think Bandana Dee is one of the DLC characters that will be released outside of the ballot like Lucas Mewtwo etc.
I like this thought and hope for the same myself, though I'm not sure if I expect it.

That said, I'm very curious as to your reasoning. Would you mind sharing it, please?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I mean, we have the trophy theory, but meh.
And the lack of a Kirby 64 remake, given the Wii U VC release tomorrow, too. It may not be significant at all in the end, but it possibly points to the usual director's absence from Rainbow Curse being due to a new game, which it's much more likely that BWD would appear in, rather than a remake that might not have ended up with retconning in place to put him in there.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
I like this thought and hope for the same myself, though I'm not sure if I expect it.

That said, I'm very curious as to your reasoning. Would you mind sharing it, please?
I'm not really crazy for him, not gonna lie, but he's pretty cool and everyone i know loves him.
1)On smash boards he has the second most powerful following (maybe first).
2)He is now the fourth main character of the Kirby series, making him an irrefutable representative.
3)There's no real reason for him NOT to get in, literally not one.
4)In japan, people basically worship Kirby, right next to Dynasty Warriors, and since he's a top 4 rep, he had a really good chance before the ballot altogether
5) We only have 3 Kirby reps now which is somewhat disappointing, and even people like me who are complacent think the same
6) He's super original and has a whole move set already prepared from his most important game (which name escapes me atm)
7) He's adorable, and people will side with him if they don't have anybody that they are heart set on.

I'll be happy for you guys if he makes it, but if he steals Shantae's spot, you'd better watch out on FG… I will find you.

That would be awesome.
But I don't know if it will happen, I mean, we have the trophy theory, but meh.
Ooh, whats the trophy theory? sounds interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm not really crazy for him, not gonna lie, but he's pretty cool and everyone i know loves him.
2)He is now the fourth main character of the Kirby series, making him an irrefutable representative.
4)In japan, people basically worship Kirby, right next to Dynasty Warriors, and since he's a top 4 rep, he had a really good chance before the ballot altogether
5) We only have 3 Kirby reps now which is somewhat disappointing, and even people like me who are complacent think the same
6) He's super original and has a whole move set already prepared from his most important game (which name escapes me atm)
7) He's adorable, and people will side with him if they don't have anybody that they are heart set on.

I'll be happy for you guys if he makes it, but if he steals Shantae's spot, you'd better watch out on FG… I will find you.
Thanks very much for sharing this. I really appreciate it, and I find it very interesting that you state this as someone who isn't crazy about the character - that speaks volumes.

Thanks again! :b:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So I got a Waddle Dee plush just today in the mail, but then my younger brother decided to improve him. I think you guys are going to like it as much as I do :p.
Picture of me 14.png
Picture of me 15.png
This was sadly made at the cost of a pencil and some underwear (yes his bandana is made out of actual underwear) :laugh:. I still love it though.

Last edited:

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Thanks very much for sharing this. I really appreciate it, and I find it very interesting that you state this as someone who isn't crazy about the character - that speaks volumes.

Thanks again! :b:
np man, I can't deny the truth.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That works with a lot of characters though most notably Isaac and Ray since both their Assist Trophies are gone and there are no Golden Sun or Custom Robo trophies.
That's not really a good comparison, Golden Sun and Custom Robo have 0 trophies, Kirby has obviously a lot of them and even has a Magolor and a Lor Starcutter trophy.

Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy, even when characters like Magolor and the Lor Starcutter have one.
Normal Waddle Dees are enemies in Smash Run, but also don't have trophies, Parasol Waddle Dees have one, but that's not really a good reason to exclude the normal Waddle Dee trophy because the game has a Red Shy Guy trophy, Blue, Green, etc.
Maybe Bandana Dee was considered as "Waddle Dee" and that's why there is not a trophy with that name.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Basically if I recall it's the fact that a lot of Waddle Dee representation disappeared from Brawl to Wii U. I think the only trophy they have is the parasol Dee trophy... that's saying something since they are such a prominent denizen of Popstar.. (Both in the titles Sakurai made, and the ones far after..)

Add that fact to the fact that King DeDeDe no longer has waddle dee in his actual movesets.. (He doesn't throw them anymore, and his Final smash is different now too. The only thing still present is the Waddle Dees in his entrance animation..) and you have something very odd.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The only thing still present is the Waddle Dees in his entrance animation..) and you have something very odd.
And the singular Waddle Dee that appears in one of Dedede's victory animations is, curiously, an ordinary Waddle Dee, even though Bandana Waddle Dee is his bodyguard.

Last edited:

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
That's not really a good comparison, Golden Sun and Custom Robo have 0 trophies, Kirby has obviously a lot of them and even has a Magolor and a Lor Starcutter trophy.

Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy, even when characters like Magolor and the Lor Starcutter have one.
Normal Waddle Dees are enemies in Smash Run, but also don't have trophies, Parasol Waddle Dees have one, but that's not really a good reason to exclude the normal Waddle Dee trophy because the game has a Red Shy Guy trophy, Blue, Green, etc.
Maybe Bandana Dee was considered as "Waddle Dee" and that's why there is not a trophy with that name.
Oh, so like how Ryu doesn't have a Ken colored costume, and there's a Ken trophy, and stuff like that.

Speculations concerning absences and/or appearances of certain trophies or other things that give way to potential characters existences or removals. Like Isaac from Golden Sun.

thx

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The thing is that Waddle Dees are not in Dedede's moveset, they appear in Smash Run, Dedede's entrance animation and victory animation and still not trophy.
Also, that picture with Kirby and a Waddle Dee in the stage builder, Sakurai loves Waddle Dees, but yeah, still no trophy.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
And the singular Waddle Dee that appears in one of Dedede's victory animations is, curiously, an ordinary Waddle Dee, even though Bandana Waddle Dee is his bodyguard.
Yeah guys, its clear. He's in.
Commence cheering, celebrations and general turning up.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah guys, its clear. He's in.
Commence cheering, celebrations and general turning up.
I would absolutely love to believe this. However, I had some similarly logical guesses (with just as much to them as the theories presented here) that a Kirby 64 remake was upcoming for the 3DS, and those were totally thrown out of the window by the game being announced for a Wii U Virtual Console re-release in Europe tomorrow - I don't want to bank on anything, now! :laugh:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I got a Waddle Dee plush just today in the mail, but then my younger brother decided to improve him. I think you guys are going to like it as much as I do :p.
This was sadly made at the cost of a pencil and some underwear (yes his bandana is made out of actual underwear) :laugh:. I still love it though.
Funny thing is I have the exact same plushie.

Troykv

Smash Master
I realised we haven't tweeted to Smashified using the BWD account yet. I'm thinking of saying something like "He's popular! He's adorable! He's easy to make! He'll get you follows!"

How about it? :p

I'm pretty sure he has played them both, going by his avatar, at least.

:231:
This game in Wii U eShop = Reasons to give more life to the Micaiah Thread

Nobody knows that Nintendo sold more Radiant Dawn in 2014 because Smash... These games have '2014' behind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Basically if I recall it's the fact that a lot of Waddle Dee representation disappeared from Brawl to Wii U. I think the only trophy they have is the parasol Dee trophy... that's saying something since they are such a prominent denizen of Popstar.. (Both in the titles Sakurai made, and the ones far after..)

Add that fact to the fact that King DeDeDe no longer has waddle dee in his actual movesets.. (He doesn't throw them anymore, and his Final smash is different now too. The only thing still present is the Waddle Dees in his entrance animation..) and you have something very odd.
Or maybe Sakurai just doesn't care about Deesus... :evil:
I'm back and here to stay though, so that's nice. Anyway @ Chandeelure Chandeelure did you get my replay called "1 Player Smash"? The sad thing is that happened to me before when the game first released but it was in teams so there was a poor soul who had to get bodied in the 2v1 LOL.

Bandana Dee better (co?)win the ballot though. Isn't the only TDX content the DLC The World to Win track? Its honestly way to little, and maybe, just maybe, Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy since he might be planned DeeLC. But then again Lucas and Mewtwo had trophies, so the point is somewhat moot. I don't think Roy had a trophy, and Ryu definitely didn't though.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Or maybe Sakurai just doesn't care about Deesus... :evil:
I'm back and here to stay though, so that's nice. Anyway @ Chandeelure Chandeelure did you get my replay called "1 Player Smash"? The sad thing is that happened to me before when the game first released but it was in teams so there was a poor soul who had to get bodied in the 2v1 LOL.

Bandana Dee better (co?)win the ballot though. Isn't the only TDX content the DLC The World to Win track? Its honestly way to little, and maybe, just maybe, Bandana Dee doesn't have a trophy since he might be planned DeeLC. But then again Lucas and Mewtwo had trophies, so the point is somewhat moot. I don't think Roy had a trophy, and Ryu definitely didn't though.
Well that wouldn't really make sense since he at least debuted in Kirby Super Star, which Sakurai made....

Considering Super star material was practically plastered ALL OVER Brawl... yeah XD

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I guess the only problem to the reasoning of Bandana Dee being Sakurai's character due to appearing in Super Star is... his limited role. Sakurai never intended to give Bandana Dee such a large role that he's built up now. He was only supposed to be a once off character in the Megaton Punch mini-game. Do we know Sakurai's true feelings towards Bandana Dee? The stage he created indicates he at least likes him to some degree...

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
why do people think a k64 remake is likely, JUST because most n64 games did, honestly the cojtrol was really stiff, for a kirby game, imo it, wouldn't really add much, I don't know... I just would rather a remake that would add stuff, ktam remake with onlije or air ride with online, etc.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
why do people think a k64 remake is likely, JUST because most n64 games did, honestly the cojtrol was really stiff, for a kirby game, imo it, wouldn't really add much, I don't know... I just would rather a remake that would add stuff, ktam remake with onlije or air ride with online, etc.
What is a ktam????

lol I like grammar
edit - Correction, I like correcting people.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's likely because it's next in line for a remake.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If Kirby 64 remake happens, could the regular Waddle Dee be replaced by Bandana Dee?
It's very possible, considering that in SSU they replaced the Waddle Dee from the Arena with Bandana Dee, it's entirely possible.

Top Bottom