• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I just finished the second half of the first season of SAO, it's definitely nothing compared to the first part and is 99% shoe-in, but anyway, we already had a Dedede *** joke and now we have a dong joke? WHY??? Also that's one of my favorite BITF strips.
There was a sequel :p

While you watch SAO, I'm watching Steven Universe and Gravity Falls :dr-_-:
*sniffle*... man I miss that comic ;_;.. >_<

Was so sad to see it end.. I'm sure Matthew would have had a field day with the ballot stuff XD
Matthew is now busy making his game "Tadpole Treble"
He even made a comic about the Ballot :dr^_^:

But we all know that Ridley can't be DLC, he's already a stage boss
This comic is just for laughs :dr-_-:
And NO, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW RIDLEY FROM SUPER METROID WOULD BE PLAYABLE, THANK YOU

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
so... apparently exculding 3rd parties and vets the main competition seems like this

K.Rool
Dixie
Paper Mario
Isaac
Inkling
krystal
and Custom robo

and some others

I think some people are too optimistic

someone said bdee would on
Warning, large "analysis" in spoilers:

Has anyone though that, if Bandana Dee doesn't get in DLC and other popular choices like Wolf and K. Rool get in, it would mean less competition for Dee in next Smash? I mean, many competitors with more support would be in (Mega Man, Palutena, Shulk, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr., possibly K. Rool if he wins the ballot) and some competitors that didn't get in will probably see large decrease in support for different reasons. Ridley's popularity, for example, will probably decline due to Sakurai's opinion about him (if he continues as director).

Only current characters (not counting veterans) that actually rival Bandana Dee's popularity are King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Inkling, Impa (maybe), Captain Toad and Paper Mario. When next Smash is announced, King K. Rool could have won the ballot and got in, Isaac and Inkling's popularity might have started to decline if they haven't got a new game, and Impa, Captain Toad and Paper Mario will likely suffer from competition with other character from their series. If all those are out, Bandana Dee's only serious competitors would be Dixie, cut veterans that don't return (mainly ICs and Snake, Wolf is almost shoe-in if we get more pre-ballot characters), and some new characters (like some recent Pokemon or FE character, or character from new series), most of which won't probably even get a big fanbase (Shulk was only character from newly-introduced series that had large fanbase before Smash 4 was released).

If Dee continues to appear and have important roles in Kirby games, I could very well see him as one of the top contenders for next Smash (which, however, won't happen in several years).

However, let's still keep the positive attitude and keep supporting Bandana Dee for DeeLC!
you're being too optimistic, Golden Sun might not get a new game but splatoon 2 is practically confirmed considering it was a massive success There aren't many more characters in the mario series, maybe daisy and waluigi? Captain Toad maybe, but he may get a sequel. Paper Mario as confirmed a different mario is going to get MORE support, especially with the new vc games, and likely ttyd, im 70% sure m&lpj is a placeholder for something big, hmmm... since most people are against him here ill be in the papes thread after more lurking...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There was a sequel :p

While you watch SAO, I'm watching Steven Universe and Gravity Falls :dr-_-:

Matthew is now busy making his game "Tadpole Treble"
He even made a comic about the Ballot :dr^_^:

But we all know that Ridley can't be DLC, he's already a stage boss
This comic is just for laughs :dr-_-:
And NO, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW RIDLEY FROM SUPER METROID WOULD BE PLAYABLE, THANK YOU
Poor Kirby, oh and Steven Universe is one of my favorite shows! Isn't that the tadpole from Ectoplancton?

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
To be honest considering another 3rd party character got in (not only making it capcom's second character, but being PRE-ballot for that matter), and also considering this ballot is eligible for all video game characters...

I would highly suggest not excluding 3rd party characters here. That is foolish. As I have stated, it all comes down to the fact this is paid DLC. It doesn't matter whether a character is first,third,indie, or otherwise. If that character is a heavy fan favorite, and highly suggested, more than likely they will definitely be considered.

To put it bluntly, if there was "really" no chance for third parties/indies to be able to get in, they never would have stated that. They would have said it was open to Nintendo IPs only and leave it at that.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Poor Kirby, oh and Steven Universe is one of my favorite shows! Isn't that the worm from Ectoplancton?
I wasn't really into SU, because I could never see the episodes in the correct order
That's why watching them online
It's easier :p
Also, It's a tadpole ¬¬
It even says it in the name!
"Tadpole Treble"
The creator of BitF, Matthew Taranto is now a musician and a Indie Developer
His company is called "BitFinity", in reference to Brawl in the Family
Here are some videos!
The game is coming to PC and Wii U :dr-_-:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
OK guys, did you draw or post something about Bandana Dee today in other websites?
I posted some doodles and some captioned Waddle Dee-related screenshots in the Smash 3DS/Wii U and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe Miiverse communities. :smash:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I posted some doodles and some captioned Waddle Dee-related screenshots in the Smash 3DS/Wii U and Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe Miiverse communities. :smash:

And the others?
C'mon guys, it takes like 3 minutes to do, just tweet to smashified, comment some Kirby related videos in Youtube and post or write something in Miiverse (the general Super Smash Bros section is the best option IMO https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073037299866).

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well guys, this campaign is the second one to be added to my help thread's Notable Campaigns section

I wanted to know what you think of your section. Please let me know if there is any propaganda, or any notable information I missed!
It's great, but you might want to add number of supporters, or not, what ever you feel. Also our hashtag is #BandanaBallot.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
It's great, but you might want to add number of supporters, or not, what ever you feel. Also our hashtag is #BandanaBallot.
I can do the hashtag

As for the supporters... I would do that but I'm unaware of how much this thread has (I either couldn't find a section for it in the thread, or I'm completely blind XD)

If anyone could give me the number of supporters that would be great!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Happy Birthday, MarioMeteor!

Is Mario going to crash into your party ... like a meteor? :troll:Sorry

:231:

you're being too optimistic, Golden Sun might not get a new game but splatoon 2 is practically confirmed considering it was a massive success There aren't many more characters in the mario series, maybe daisy and waluigi? Captain Toad maybe, but he may get a sequel. Paper Mario as confirmed a different mario is going to get MORE support, especially with the new vc games, and likely ttyd, im 70% sure m&lpj is a placeholder for something big, hmmm... since most people are against him here ill be in the papes thread after more lurking...
I agree with your point about Inklings. Before Smash 4 was released, 4-5 Mario characters had a notable amount of support, these being Toad, Bowser Jr, Paper Mario and Waluigi, and later also Rosalina during few months before her confirmation, but none of them had enormous fanbases like Mega Man, for example, had. When SSB5 is announced, characters receiving notable amount of support will probably be Toad, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Paper Mario and maybe Daisy. That means there will still be a lot of competition among Mario reps, and fans might not even want more Mario reps, as we already have 7. That's why I don't think any Mario character will be a top contender for next Smash.

EDIT: Accidentally pressed the post button before the post was ready. :facepalm:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
and fans might not even want more Mario reps, as we already have 7.
Which is a pet peeve of mine. Like a character or don't like a character. I'm fine with that. Just don't hate the series. The argument of X series needs/doesn't need a rep is frivolous because every character should be able to stand on it's own, and Banana Dee certainly does that. :3
4-5 Mario characters had a notable amount of support, these being Toad
I wish! No. Toad's support is gone. It left when Captain Toad became a thing.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
so... apparently exculding 3rd parties and vets the main competition seems like this

K.Rool
Dixie
Paper Mario
Isaac
Inkling
krystal
and Custom robo

and some others

I think some people are too optimistic

someone said bdee would on

I don't think Krystal is going in as Dlc. At the least, Wolf would get in first.

And the others?
C'mon guys, it takes like 3 minutes to do, just tweet to smashified, comment some Kirby related videos in Youtube and post or write something in Miiverse (the general Super Smash Bros section is the best option IMO https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073037299866).
I'll post some stuff on Miiverse later on today.

It would seem that it's my birthday.
Happy Birthday!!!

I agree with your point about Inklings. Before Smash 4 was released, 4-5 Mario characters had a notable amount of support, these being Toad, Bowser Jr, Paper Mario and Waluigi, and later also Rosalina during few months before her confirmation, but none of them had enormous fanbases like Mega Man, for example, had. When SSB5 is announced, characters receiving notable amount of support will probably be Toad, Captain Toad, Waluigi, Paper Mario and maybe Daisy. That means there will still be a lot of competition among Mario reps, and fans might not even want more Mario reps, as we already have 7. That's why I don't think any Mario character will be a top contender for next Smash.

EDIT: Accidentally pressed the post button before the post was ready. :facepalm:
Geno also has his fanbase, but I don't mind over representing unless important series are left out because of it.

I wish! No. Toad's support is gone. It left when Captain Toad became a thing.
I meant that he had notable amount of support before he was deconfirmed.

Geno also has his fanbase, but I don't mind over representing unless important series are left out because of it.
I didn't include him because he is a third-party character (or at least half owned by Square-Enix), which makes his situation different (but not any better, having even more competition).

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman

toad has no support its captain toad, mario also has over 200 games :p

I think I can draw... but try to ONLY post in kirby related communities, we dont want to anger other fanbases.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Hey guys! I'm not dead... But I'm dying. Of heat. I took a vacation to Florida. I'm in Disney World, and BOY is it hot. It was once 111 DEEgrees! I'm limited on wi-fi, so I may not be able to chat like crazy. I'm still doing Bandana Dee stuff. See you soon.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey everybody! :D

I don't think Krystal is going in as Dlc. At the least, Wolf would get in first.

Well to be honest, from the trend we have been going, I'd either see Wolf coming back pre-ballot, or not coming back at all. Especially considering how fast these characters have been dished out, I'd be surprised otherwise.

As for Krystal, not much can be said against her either.. She has a large campaign as well, a decent fanbase, good moveset pool (considering her staff and it's abilities... which could definitely break the standard blaster mold we see in the series).. she shouldn't be underestimated.

As for the last bit, there is no such thing as "over representing". Once again, that concept just stems from the idea there are character slots.. and again, there isn't. There aren't any special slots to fill. One character doesn't replace or trump another. Infact that mindset only hinders campaigns. It makes players think there is some sort of exclusivity to it all, and that isn't the case. It all boils down to uniqueness, moveset potential, things of that sort.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey, look!
A new follower in Twitter and also:

https://twitter.com/BandanaDeeSm4sh/status/612850828903366656/photo/1

I posted propaganda in that very popular thing named Kirby Facts, it has 1067 followers.
People liked and retweeted it :0
You can do the same if you want, post a Bandana Dee for Smash picture with the "@KirbyFacts" and the link with the artist, source of the picture.
Remember, the picture needs to have Bandana Dee and something Smash related, the symbol or a sentence because we don't want to post just cute Bandana Dee pictures, we want Bandana Dee in Smash.
If you don't want to do it, it's OK, make propaganda in Miiverse and Youtube, because I'm the one in charge of the Twitter things.

Also, https://twitter.com/smashified/status/613382619162542080
Attack.

Top Bottom