• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, I think we're missing something, in this list I happen to have a reason on why they would include him and etc. Please enjoy.
Okay, here's who I think will be DLC through the ballot, some are saying seven slots, but I think we'll just get five slots, I think we'll get three newcomers, one veteran, and one 3rd party character, also Snake is a veteran and a 3rd party character and considering Konami's current situation I doubt he'll be in, so without further ado, let's get started.

Newcomers:

King K. Rool: This is the most obvious choice, this was chosen because of his popularity, moveset potential, and lack of DK characters, so he's practically a given.

Bandana Waddle Dee (Aka:Bandana Dee or Waddle Dee): This character is yet another extremely popular pick, not only that but he'd provide diversity with his spear based moveset, the first for a Smash Bros character, not only that but Kirby being Nintendo's most popular franchises lacks a new rep like DK, and not only that but with Sakurai having past work with the Kirby series and even creating the character, he'd know what to do with him.

Issac: This character is also an incredibly popular pick, first appearing in Golden Sun and later appearing in Super Smash Bros Brawl as an Assist Trophy, Issac's popularity skyrocketted, but was cut in the most recent installment of Smash Bros, with the only representation being three songs, which were all either ripped from Golden Sun games, or Brawl, he'd be a swordfighter like no other, being able to use Psyenergey, which lets him use special powers, and his sword, combine these and you have a very unique fighter he also has no representation outside of musc either, so he could represent a property new to the Smash Bros series with playable status.

Veterans:

Wolf: Wolf was cut in the latest installment of Smash Bros, but has major popularity, being the most requested cut veteran, was similar to Fox, but diverse enough to warrant his own slot, and Star Fox lacks representation in the forms of playable characters, and with a new game coming out, Wolf's time to shine seems better than ever.

3rd Party:

Shantae: Shantae is an inde character owned by the company Wayforward Technologies, and has had an abnormal amout of appearances for an inde character, as she has has appearances in over 5 games counting the upcoming Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero, which was recently crowdfunded on Kickstarter, she has had strong support Internationally and is steadily picking up in Japan, and would offer a different experience as she has a wide verity of transformations which involve an elephant, a mermaid and ex. plus she can also use her hair in a verity of different ways, also her series has no representation, which would make her series entirely new to the Smash Bros series.

So those who I predict for the ballot, their popularity was all based off of both Japan and internationally, if anyone has any questions or suggestions regarding my list, please make sure to ask or suggest, I hope you like it.

Last edited:
Yes!
So, what does everyone think of the list I made?
I agree with you about K. Rool, Isaac, Dee and Wolf. I disagree with Geno, as he isn't necessarily the most popular third-party (I've seen Banjo, Snake, Shantae, Shovel Knight and Rayman beat him in polls) and he is still fairly obscure and has only appeared in one game if you don't count cameos. However, if the thing about Alphadream owning Geno is true, wouldn't that mean that Geno isn't a third-party (which doesn't necessarily make him more likely)?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I agree with you about K. Rool, Isaac, Dee and Wolf. I disagree with Geno, as he isn't necessarily the most popular third-party (I've seen Banjo, SNAKE, Shantae, Shovel Knight and Rayman beat him in polls) and he is still fairly obscure and has only appeared in one game if you don't count cameos. However, if the thing about Alphadream owning Geno is true, wouldn't that mean that Geno isn't a third-party (which doesn't necessarily make him more likely)?
I actually added a disclaimer about Snake in the list.

Last edited:
I actually added a disclaimer about Snake in the list.
Oh, I didn't notice that (or did you add it after my post?). Also, in recent strawpoll (I know that they can be unreliable) about third-parties (it didn't have Snake) Geno was 12th, 10th if you don't count Shrek and Goku, losing to Banjo, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Simon Belmont, Phoenix Wright, Bomberman and second Sonic rep.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.strawpoll.me/4736435/r

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh, I didn't notice that (or did you add it after my post?). Also, in recent strawpoll (I know that they can be unreliable) about third-parties (it didn't have Snake) Geno was 12th, 10th if you don't count Shrek and Goku, losing to Banjo, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Rayman, Simon Belmont, Phoenix Wright, Bomberman and second Sonic rep.
Actually I put Geno on the list because he's popular in both Japan and internationally, unlike all the other third party characters.

Actually I put Geno on the list because he's popular in both Japan and internationally, unlike all the other third party characters.
Oh, I see your point (don't still see him as the most likely third-party). But what if the rumor is true and Geno isn't a third-party? Which third-party would you put on the list then (assuming that a third-party character will happen)?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh, I see your point. But what if the rumor is true and Geno isn't a third-party? Which third-party would you put on the list then (assuming that a third-party character will happen)?
I looked at the article and found out something, that's all it is, a rumor, they said they had interest in seeing the characters again but they never said anything about buying the rights to them, belive me I looked at the list top to bottom and found nothing, so in the end it's just a misunderstanding.

If Dee gets in Smash, I wonder will he be called Waddle Dee, Bandana Dee or Bandana Waddle Dee. Personally I prefer Bandana Dee, as Waddle Dee is the name of the species (which might mean more "He's just a generic enemy!" complaints) and Bandana Waddle Dee is too long IMO.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If Dee gets in Smash, I wonder will he be called Waddle Dee, Bandana Dee or Bandana Waddle Dee. Personally I prefer Bandana Dee, as Waddle Dee is the name of the species (which might mean more "He's just a generic enemy!" complaints) and Bandana Waddle Dee is too long IMO.
It woud probably be Waddle Dee.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'd bet money on him being Waddle Dee, although Bandana Waddle Dee and Bandana Dee are plausible, I think it's a little bit too convenient that there's no Waddle Dee trophy, so that would be a easy name, and most Non-Kirby fans would recognize Waddle Dee but not Bandana Dee.

Last edited:
Maybe, if he is playable, his name Bandana Dee will be in some tips, or maybe in his trophy description.
He will probably be Waddle Dee in Japan and America and Bandana Waddle Dee in Europe (where I live), as translators in Europe seem to like names consisting of three words (Duck Hunt Duo, Mii Sword Fighter). :troll:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Stop talking about Geno, he is third party and is extremely unlikely.
This is the Bandana Dee thread.
Unlikely? He's popular in both Japan and International would be unique and would give Square some representation that isn't that pink haired chick, but let's move on.
It'd probably be Waddle Dee.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Unlikely? He's popular in both Japan and International would be unique and would give Square some representation that isn't that pink haired chick, but let's move on.
Yes, unlikely, because he is not popular in both America and Japan.
This is not Brawl, his popularity is pretty mediocre.
Also, popularity isn't everything, specially with third parties, Square Enix has a lot of more important and iconic characters than him, like Black Mage. They are not going to choose an irrelevant character to represent them.
Square and Nintendo don't care about him and there is also like 10 Mario characters more deserving than him.

Just a quick example: http://www.strawpoll.me/4736435/r
Even in those lame polls, his popularity is not high.

If you want to continue this conversation, send me a PM.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Guys, I think we're missing something, in this list I happen to have a reason on why they would include him and etc. Please enjoy.
I'd do the M. Bison thing, but I've already used it.
Stop talking about Geno, he is third party and is extremely unlikely.
This is the Bandana Dee thread.
Well, Chandy, part of the campaign is acknowledging other campaigns and their likelyhood. With all due respect, you seem quick to shut down any mention of a character that's not Bandanna Dee. Obviously the main focus is going to be on him since this is his campaign, but like Rykker said, the big problem with things like this is that we tend to ignore anything that's strictly not about us. As many others have said, Geno is actually very likely because of his massive fan following. That, combined with the fact that he now belongs to a close ally of Nintendo, only increases his chances. You can't be so closeminded, Chandy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Well, Chandy, part of the campaign is acknowledging other campaigns and their likelyhood. With all due respect, you seem quick to shut down any mention of a character that's not Bandanna Dee. Obviously the main focus is going to be on him since this is his campaign, but like Rykker said, the big problem with things like this is that we tend to ignore anything that's strictly not about us. As many others have said, Geno is actually very likely because of his massive fan following. That, combined with the fact that he now belongs to a close ally of Nintendo, only increases his chances. You can't be so closeminded, Chandy.
Except this is a THREAD for BDee, mods can easily disregard posts that aren't about BDee as spam

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Which is why I asked him to tell me a more popular third party character for DLC that's also popular in both Japan and internationally in a PM, he'll respond shortly. Also I like the name of the PM.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Did you read the my post?
I gave reasons why he will not happen and those reasons are facts, are not my opinion.
Being "popular" in both continents (not really) will not make all the other problems Geno has irrelevant.

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa , please.
Can you give a warning or something if this continues?
I don't want spam and I don't want to discuss with people who can't read.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I gave reasons why he will not happen and those reasons are facts, are not my opinion.
Being "popular" in both continents (not really) will not make all the other problems Geno has irrelevant.

CHANDY WITH THE SICK BURNS WOOOOO!
Final word on Geno. The guy directed both M&L and SMRPG, by saying "I want to use the characters again" he didn't say "We have the rights to the characters". I want an official source, for that.
Back to BDee, I think everyone agrees that the upwards stab from Spear Kirby/BDee is perfect for Utilt or Usmash

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For the sake of this thread, and everyone's sanity, please stop talking about Geno here. Take it to the Geno thread, if you want to continue.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Except this is a THREAD for BDee, mods can easily disregard posts that aren't about BDee as spam
I don't see what that has to do with anything. Besides, the only mod here was Reserved, as he's long gone.

"Did you read the my post?" Chandy, I don't really think you're in a position to insult my reading ability when you say **** like that. And yes, Chandy, I did read your post, and let me ask this: who are you to gauge Geno's popularity? I mean, again, with all due respect, you don't seem to know much about the character. In fact, you seem, dare I say, biased against him. Why so salty?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't see what that has to do with anything. Besides, the only mod here was Reserved, as he's long gone.

"Did you read the my post?" Chandy, I don't really think you're in a position to insult my reading ability when you say **** like that. And yes, Chandy, I did read your post, and let me ask this: who are you to gauge Geno's popularity? I mean, again, with all due respect, you don't seem to know much about the character. In fact, you seem, dare I say, biased against him. Why so salty?
Take this to PM, a thread is strictly for a certain purpose. A campaign isn't a thread. We have...Thursday Thoughts for that, right?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Take this to PM, a thread is strictly for a certain purpose. A campaign isn't a thread. We have...Thursday Thoughts for that, right?
Sorry, I don't play Project: M. See what I did there? And how is this thread not a campaign? It's part of the campaign. Are we not all gathered here for the purpose of achieving a certain goal? That sounds like a campaign to me.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not 100% BWD-related, but I got one of the Yarn Yoshi Amiibos today (I'm using him with Smash, though). For their size and format, they're really cute and quite detailed.

It's just gotten me thinking how much I'd love to see a Kirby-specific Amiibo set, and for those Amiibos to be miniature plushes like this (though, probably not in the knitted style). Such a set would almost certainly include Bandana Waddle Dee, but it wouldn't be so good if he was the odd one out that couldn't also be used with Smash, like Toad in the Super Mario set...

Also, I continue to see good results from my Miiverse postings about BWD. It's quite nice to see that he seems to be well-liked out there.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

As @ Chandeelure Chandeelure and @ FalKoopa FalKoopa were kind enough to point out, please let this drop now. This thread is for Bandana Dee and BD related things, which Geno is not. Please take Geno posting to this thread http://smashboards.com/threads/geno...eryones-gotta-do-their-part-vote-geno.324253/

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Not 100% BWD-related, but I got one of the Yarn Yoshi Amiibos today (I'm using him with Smash, though). For their size and format, they're really cute and quite detailed.

It's just gotten me thinking how much I'd love to see a Kirby-specific Amiibo set, and for those Amiibos to be miniature plushes like this (though, probably not in the knitted style). Such a set would almost certainly include Bandana Waddle Dee, but it wouldn't be so good if he was the odd one out that couldn't also be used with Smash, like Toad in the Super Mario set...

Also, I continue to see good results from my Miiverse postings about BWD. It's quite nice to see that he seems to be well-liked out there.
I wonder how Yarn Kirby (or Prince Fluff) amiibo would have been handled if amiibos existed when Kirby's Epic Yarn was released.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how Yarn Kirby (or Prince Fluff) amiibo would have been handled if amiibos existed when Kirby's Epic Yarn was released.
Probably exactly like these, and the Yarn Kirby keychain that was sold around that time, I would guess. These Amiibos are a lot smaller than that keychain, though (which would've been fine for Kirby and Prince Fluff, but in the hypothetical future sense wouldn't be as good for other characters, as there would be some loss of detail on them).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Why did NOA delay YWW for October?! WHY?!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
They announced the release date at E3, it isn't big news...

I really want a sequel to Epic Yarn, where Bandana Dee can help you in the level.
The only parts of E3 I even payed attention to were Super Mario Maker and Paper Jam. Everything else I was either indifferent to or didn't care about.

D

Deleted member

It woud probably be Waddle Dee.
"woud" :laugh:
Why did NOA delay YWW for October?! WHY?!
i remember when kirby triple deluxe wasn't avaliable in the u.s and i was listening to music on youtube a suggestion popped up and it spoiled the final boss BEFORE IT'S RELEASE! also
xenoblade x has been available in japan long enough the fact it hasn't been released yet worries and angers me.
i hope they aren't removing all the awesome stuff. Murica land of the free...

i hate delays.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They announced the release date at E3, it isn't big news...

I really want a sequel to Epic Yarn, where Bandana Dee can help you in the level.
But it was delayed from September to October, it should've been pushed back from September to June, not only that but they have a version in FULL English and yet they haven't released it yet, but yet the rest of the world gets it!
Come to think of it, didn't Super Mario Maker get delayed, too?
Yes, from Fall to Winter.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Why couldn't SMM come out during the Summer? I mean, what else could they possibly add? Unless they want to tweak the physics.

Top Bottom