• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've played almost every existing Kirby game(never played triple deluxe or rainbow curse), there's no need to explain me Kirby stuff, i'mm really familiar with Kirby series.
Really i'm not sure about what could be his FS, also his FS couldn't be a "Megaton Punch", maybe it could be something like Kirby's Final Smash, i'm not sure, since Bandana Waddle Dee doesn't have too much to offer.
Yes it could, in fact here's a picture just to show you.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I really don't want Bandana Dee's final smash to be Megaton Punch. It might be iconic to some people but he was the weakest puncher.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't know who NiGHTs is. If he is SEGA, more 3rd party DLC seems bizzare to me.

I also have a theroy. Sakurai said not all of the planned roster got into Smash 4 because of time limitations, so all the pre-ballot characters will be characters from the original roster.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there will be more 3rd party characters (then again, with Sakurai, there's no telling) and even if there will be more, NiGHTS sure as hell won't be one of them.
FYI, NiGHTS is a SEGA character from the 1996 Saturn game NiGHTS into Dreams. It's pretty much what you would get if Sonic could fly. Really good game, play it if you ever get the chance.
But the difference is that Nights is third party, Shulk is first and represents a new IP which can help promote further installments of his series. That's the difference.
Xenoblade Chronicles isn't getting a sequel. It really wasn't supposed to be part of the Xeno series. It was only made part of it as a tribute to the man who worked hard on the other Xeno games. Besides, who's to say that NiGHTS wouldn't get a new game if he was hypothetically put in Smash or vice-versa? If Journey of Dreams was as good as into Dreams, NiGHTS might've possibly had a chance in Smash. But because SEGA doesn't know a good franchise when they see one, sadly, that's probably never going to happen. I really would like a new NiGHTS game..,

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
@ S SmashJC NOBODY I've seen requests miku, so you're fine, and red isn't iconic and he has NO moveset potential imo, he only really reps the casual market which dont care for smash bros (I know hes been on 3ds though) so he has an extremely small chance, but everything else is ok, (still miku has NO chance she shouldn't even be on your disliked characters imo

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/06/21/the-end-of-smash-dlc/

Hey guys, an user here named PushDustIn wrote this, he is a very respected user and he is the one who finds data and those things in the game.
That's his opinion, he is not Sakurai, but only two more DLC IS a possibility, so... please, make propaganda in other sites, Reddit, Gamefaqs, Miiverse, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc., please, this is our last chance.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
@ S SmashJC NOBODY I've seen requests miku, so you're fine, and red isn't iconic and he has NO moveset potential imo, he only really reps the casual market which dont care for smash bros (I know hes been on 3ds though) so he has an extremely small chance, but everything else is ok, (still miku has NO chance she shouldn't even be on your disliked characters imo
it seems you never played Angry Birds Epic or Angry Birds Go

Also, two slots: Wolf and Ice Climbers(obiously they will find a way for making they work on a 3DS without lag)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, an user here named PushDustIn wrote this, he is a very respected user and he is the one who finds data and those things in the game.
That's his opinion, he is not Sakurai, but only two more DLC IS a possibility, so... please, make propaganda in other sites, Reddit, Gamefaqs, Miiverse, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc., please, this is our last chance.
Dang... so there are two slots left...
I am predicting that it will be Wolf and the ballot winner.
Wolf makes a lot of sense for known reasons, but the ballot character seems to be King K. Rool... it's quite clear that his support is enormous.
This doesn't look good. Hopefully we will have a light at the end of this road... but I am doubtful. We need to press on, and on, and on! We need to push as hard as we can to get Bandana Dee in Smash, if not just push the support enough for the next game.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
it seems you never played Angry Birds Epic or Angry Birds Go

Also, two slots: Wolf and Ice Climbers(obiously they will find a way for making they work on a 3DS without lag)
I wouldn't count on it. I'm pretty sure that if there was a way they would've found it by now.

Respected user or not, I wouldn't take the word of some random person. Just because he says that there will be two characters doesn't mean there will be. You said yourself, he's not Sakurai.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The article is well-thought-out, though, and even if it ultimately is wrong, it's very often best to approach challenges from a viewpoint of the worst-case scenario.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Very excellent points he makes in there, and aside from nitpicks like "Adding an arrow would lead to CSS griefing" (Seriously? People think that's a reason?), as one writer to another, he's got a well-founded argument.

K. Rool is basically guaranteed at this point, that goes without saying, given that he's #1 and #2 in Japan and the West respectively. The other slots are looking towards the following characters. Averaged out in ranking between two charts, a smaller number being higher placement, this is where things stand:

King K. Rool - 1.5
Paper Mario - 4
Isaac - 4

Krystal - 4.5
Dixie Kong - 7
Custom Robo - 7.5
Bandana Waddle Dee - 7.5
Inkling - 7.5
Anyone else - N/A

On the one hand, the fact that Bandana Waddle Dee is even on that list is such a high honor in the first place. On the other hand, not only are we in placement with Dixie Kong, Custom Robo, and Inkling, but all of Paper Mario, Isaac, and Krystal are beating us out in support in the first place. Bandana Dee, as things stand, is unfortunately on radar but not at the top. We're on path to making BWD a Smash 5 character. Good result, but not what we're aiming for... If we really are only going to get just one more DLC slot after K. Rool, I'm gravely concerned with how things currently stand for us.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
For one, who's to say that there even is a such thing as "slots?" Sakurai might simply the pick from the Ballot the ones that he think would work the best. The article's basis is the assumption that the Ballot's result will be decided based on some arbitrary number, and frankly, I don't think that's true.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why does no one understand that they can add more slots. Those 2 slots are probably pre ballot (Wolf and probably someone from Rhythm Heaven).
Either that, or the two slots aren't pre-ballot, Lucas Roy and Ryu didn't take up the slots, or they aren't even placeholders, as they did say Mario. Either ways we don't know. We should try and ask someone who knows about these things, and I know someone who may be able to help us, his name is Laikue, and he knows about some of these things, so he may be able help us with this situation.
Very excellent points he makes in there, and aside from nitpicks like "Adding an arrow would lead to CSS griefing" (Seriously? People think that's a reason?), as one writer to another, he's got a well-founded argument.

K. Rool is basically guaranteed at this point, that goes without saying, given that he's #1 and #2 in Japan and the West respectively. The other slots are looking towards the following characters. Averaged out in ranking between two charts, a smaller number being higher placement, this is where things stand:

King K. Rool - 1.5
Paper Mario - 4
Isaac - 4

Krystal - 4.5
Dixie Kong - 7
Custom Robo - 7.5
Bandana Waddle Dee - 7.5
Inkling - 7.5
Anyone else - N/A

On the one hand, the fact that Bandana Waddle Dee is even on that list is such a high honor in the first place. On the other hand, not only are we in placement with Dixie Kong, Custom Robo, and Inkling, but all of Paper Mario, Isaac, and Krystal are beating us out in support in the first place. Bandana Dee, as things stand, is unfortunately on radar but not at the top. We're on path to making BWD a Smash 5 character. Good result, but not what we're aiming for... If we really are only going to get just one more DLC slot after K. Rool, I'm gravely concerned with how things currently stand for us.
Those were from a while ago, so I don't think they're like they were then. If you want though I can ask the person I was talking about to help us with this debacle.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

King K. Rool - 1.5
Paper Mario - 4
Isaac - 4

Krystal - 4.5
Dixie Kong - 7
Custom Robo - 7.5
Bandana Waddle Dee - 7.5
Inkling - 7.5
Anyone else - N/A

Why is Paper Mario that high lol. I'm pretty sure more people want Isaac and Dixie than Paper Mario.
Either that, or the two slots aren't pre-ballot, Lucas Roy and Ryu didn't take up the slots, or they aren't even placeholders, as they did say Mario. Either ways we don't know. We should try and ask someone who knows about these things, and I know someone who may be able to help us, his name is Laikue, and he knows about some of these things, so he may be able help us with this.
So they are going to add 2 more Marios. Personally I suggest Ice Flower Mario and Fire Flower Mario. The two Marios are most likely placeholders.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, being a character from a movie means that he has no chance, since the poll's one strict rule is apparently that it's for characters who originated in video games. :c
Fun fact:
First, disney made the game and put it on many of their Walt Disney World arcades, later they made a movie about that game :3 .

Also don't forget that he has appeared in Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed as a playable character, he has a videogame, and there was a Nintendo cameo in his movie that was authorized by Nintendo, along with many Capcom and Sega cameos, Sonic was in most of those cameos.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Fun fact:
First, disney made the game and put it on many of their Walt Disney World arcades, later they made a movie about that game :3 .

Also don't forget that he has appeared in Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed as a playable character, he has a videogame, and there was a Nintendo cameo in his movie that was authorized by Nintendo, along with many Capcom and Sega cameos, Sonic was in most of those cameos.
Dude, why would you want to play as Wreck-It Ralph though. He's kinda boring.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Why is Paper Mario that high lol. I'm pretty sure more people want Isaac and Dixie than Paper Mario.
I'm just working off of data, Spika. You can laugh at it, but this is what I've drawn out of early-poll surveys.

To be fair though, Paper Mario's always been a high request. The fact that he's starring in Paper Jam is only going to do him favors in that regard over the next several months, too.
Those were from a while ago, so I don't think they're like they were then. If you want though I can ask the person I was talking about to help us with this debacle.
By all means, please do. This data isn't the most recent. If we can find more recent surveys, that would surely help.

Last edited:
Warning, large "analysis" in spoilers:

Has anyone though that, if Bandana Dee doesn't get in DLC and other popular choices like Wolf and K. Rool get in, it would mean less competition for Dee in next Smash? I mean, many competitors with more support would be in (Mega Man, Palutena, Shulk, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr., possibly K. Rool if he wins the ballot) and some competitors that didn't get in will probably see large decrease in support for different reasons. Ridley's popularity, for example, will probably decline due to Sakurai's opinion about him (if he continues as director).

Only current characters (not counting veterans) that actually rival Bandana Dee's popularity are King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Inkling, Impa (maybe), Captain Toad and Paper Mario. When next Smash is announced, King K. Rool could have won the ballot and got in, Isaac and Inkling's popularity might have started to decline if they haven't got a new game, and Impa, Captain Toad and Paper Mario will likely suffer from competition with other character from their series. If all those are out, Bandana Dee's only serious competitors would be Dixie, cut veterans that don't return (mainly ICs and Snake, Wolf is almost shoe-in if we get more pre-ballot characters), and some new characters (like some recent Pokemon or FE character, or character from new series), most of which won't probably even get a big fanbase (Shulk was only character from newly-introduced series that had large fanbase before Smash 4 was released).

If Dee continues to appear and have important roles in Kirby games, I could very well see him as one of the top contenders for next Smash (which, however, won't happen in several years).

However, let's still keep the positive attitude and keep supporting Bandana Dee for DeeLC!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm just working off of data, Spika. You can laugh at it, but this is what I've drawn out of early-poll surveys.

To be fair though, Paper Mario's always been a high request. The fact that he's starring in Paper Jam is only going to do him favors in that regard over the next several months, too.
OMG ITS NOT SPIKA! NO ONE GETS MY NAME! Pokemans Pika. Get it. Pokemon pikachu. God I hate explaining this.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Smash 4 Wishlist:
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Metal Sonic
3. Bandana Waddle Dee <---
4. Magolor
5. Soldier Worm
6. Spyro
7. Rayman
8. Tails
9. Ice Climbers
10. Ristar
11. Porky (with mech)
12. Wreck it Ralph
13. Nights
14. Billy Hatcher
15. Amigo
16. Ai Ai
17. Red(Angry Birds)
18. Globox
19. Dr. Eggman
20. Erwin (PAC-MAN World 3)

Bandana Waddle Dee would be a great addition to the Smash 4 roster, since we have only three Kirby characters, also Magolor would be great, best villain evar.

Characters that i really don't want in Smash 4:
1. Goku(sucks as hell)
2. Miku(she doesn't have any kind of fight moves)
3. Young Porky without mech(because nosense)
4. Shantae (i have no damn idea about who is she, i don't want non popular characters in smash)
5. Young Link(just dream, he never will be back, because Toon Link is the new Young Link)
....Really? The biggest reason you put Shantae in the "don't want" list, is because you don't know who she is?... You have to be bloody kidding me.

I understand it's a wishlist, but if you are going to put a character on the don't want list, at least give a VALID argument for why they shouldn't be in...

First off, lets look at Billy Hatcher. Funny how you have him on that wishlist. The hilarious thing? I wouldn't even know who the heck HE even was myself if I hadn't gotten to play the single title he starred in... For that matter, I doubt all that many would know who he is in the first place either. Sega had him in one title, then swept him under the rug. He only comes out of the storage closet once every blue moon for a spinoff title or two... (like how he was in the Sonic Riders series, and Sega All-stars racing..) Looking at him, similar arguments could be thrown against him. He could be considered "an unpopular" character. So, just because some may not know who he is, would that mean he shouldn't be in Smash?

*sighs*... Anyway, I'm not attacking anyone in particular on this. However, I am getting sick and tired of seeing Shantae stepped all over just because "she is obscure"... I normally REALLY don't like bringing up other campaign characters into a thread they aren't related to, but that level of bias urks me too much not to.... So, I am going to give a little history lesson. If anyone is going to not want Shantae in Smash it is going to be for a legitimate reason, and not just because "she is obscure"/"is thirdparty/indie"/"Don't know her". With that, I'll put the rundown in spoilers to keep this post short. I hope that this new information would enlighten some people, and keep some bias from floating around.

Shantae's story starts primarily on the old Gameboy Color game, named after her: "Shantae". A metroidvania styled platformer. Designed to push the Gameboy color hardware to it's limits (and also had some enhancements when used in a Gameboy Advance), this title featured smooth animations (especially for the intended platform), numorous pallete swaps (seen especially during the night.), and also featured day and night cycles. It also had some difficulty and challenge to boot. However, despite the game being a classic gem among those who were lucky enough to discover it, there was a big problem. One that led to this "obscurity" that blankets the character today...: The title released at the end of the Gameboy Color's life. This ultimately resulted in a limited supply. This unfortunate scenario resulted in not only the title becoming EXTREMELY rare and valuable (it's not uncommon for cartridges still around to fetch prices well in the $100+ range.. even loose.), but also resulted in many gamers ultimately overlooking the classic. Thus, Shantae plunged into the pool of cult classics, (not too far from the likes of Earthbound, though that series was played a better hand if you ask me..) where it would stay for eight years...

After those eight long years of being in the dark, the name finally resurfaced when a sequel appeared for the DSiWare in 2010, called "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" which featured many of the lovable quirks that made the first game so lovable, and fixed many of it's issues at the same time. This title would later see ports for iOS in 2011, and PC in 2014.

A third sequel would ultimately release four years after that for the Wii U and 3DS 2014-15 period known as "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" (Later recieving a PC port a few months later). This is technically the most recent entry in the series. However a fourth multiplatform title is in develop known as "Shantae: Half-Genie Hero".

All this said, after nearly an eight year period of needless obscurity, the series finally started to get back into the game.

As for the campaign itself... well, it shouldn't be under estimated. With a diverse moveset pool, her series being primarily loyal to Nintendo (Every single title releases on a Nintendo console FIRST before anything else... that is what I call dedication), Japanese localization in progress, and an ever growing fanbase to boot, Shantae is a Nindie franchise dancing up a storm.

So, before any of you go parading your thoughts on this face...:

Perhaps you should do a bit more research into the series in question, instead of forging "arguments" around biased unfounded hate.

Anyway, how is this no different than Bandana Dee? Sure, he isn't exactly a main character of a franchise like Shantae is, but arguments thrown at him often base themselves around the fact he is a Waddle dee... basically saying the little guy is irrelevant/unimportant. We of course know that is far from the case..

Anyway, sorry for the rant/off topic post guys. I'm just getting so sick of bias getting flung around... :/

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact:

Yes, I know. Though, the promotional game was actually made about the movie, which was in production in various forms for decades - it actually went into production after the original Tron! ;)

Anyway, my apologies for veering off-topic, here. :teeth: Back on-topic for me, now.

I assume that it's not only the new appearance that will help here, but also the full confirmation that that game has brought that Paper Mario is actually officially a separate character, rather than just regular Mario in a different form?

Warning, large "analysis" in spoilers:

Has anyone though that, if Bandana Dee doesn't get in DLC and other popular choices like Wolf and K. Rool get in, it would mean less competition for Dee in next Smash? I mean, many competitors with more support would be in (Mega Man, Palutena, Shulk, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr., possibly K. Rool if he wins the ballot) and some competitors that didn't get in will probably see large decrease in support for different reasons. Ridley's popularity, for example, will probably decline due to Sakurai's opinion about him (if he continues as director).

Only current characters (not counting veterans) that actually rival Bandana Dee's popularity are King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Isaac, Inkling, Impa (maybe), Captain Toad and Paper Mario. When next Smash is announced, King K. Rool could have won the ballot and got in, Isaac and Inkling's popularity might have started to decline if they haven't got a new game, and Impa, Captain Toad and Paper Mario will likely suffer from competition with other character from their series. If all those are out, Bandana Dee's only serious competitors would be Dixie, cut veterans that don't return (mainly ICs and Snake, Wolf is almost shoe-in if we get more pre-ballot characters), and some new characters (like some recent Pokemon or FE character, or character from new series), most of which won't probably even get a big fanbase (Shulk was only character from newly-introduced series that had large fanbase before Smash 4 was released).

If Dee continues to appear and have important roles in Kirby games, I could very well see him as one of the top contenders for next Smash (which, however, won't happen in several years).

However, let's still keep the positive attitude and keep supporting Bandana Dee for DeeLC!
Ever since I learned that the Japanese ballot page supposedly specifically mentions the secondary purpose of providing input for the next Smash, I have thought about what you mention in your analysis a fair bit, though I've not mentioned it here as I didn't think it was discussion-worthy at that point (before this new article broke things down and made me consider how short-lived the DLC programme *could* be, it just didn't feel like it would have brought anything much to the table).

I agree with you on this.

Always. Regardles of how it all turns out, I'll be sticking to this. :chuckle:

Like I said, just 2 more ballot characters is a possibility, not a fact.
Don't lose your heads xd
No head-losing in progress! :laugh: I do think it's wise to approach this from a possible worst-case viewpoint, though - limits inspire creativity, and all that!

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
After investigating alot about Shantae, i still dislike Shantae, 2obscure4me.
The only one that could win is King K Rool, nobody has so much votes like him

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well, I am sorry to hear that. 2biased4me

Say what you will about some characters. However, if it's not a valid argument/doesn't has valid reasoning behind it.. it doesn't exist to begin with for me.

Anyway, can we all please stop with the goomba stomping of other campaigns? We have been over this... This should be Bandana Dee focused...

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
For one, who's to say that there even is a such thing as "slots?" Sakurai might simply the pick from the Ballot the ones that he think would work the best. The article's basis is the assumption that the Ballot's result will be decided based on some arbitrary number, and frankly, I don't think that's true.

This wasn't even mentioned in the article. Room for two more character portraits on the main website.

When you pair that with how there's only room for two more characters on the CSS, as well as the fact that the article explained its basis throughout, it's a caution we should be aware of. I'd rather we get something like this wrong be like "Whew, that's a relief!" than blow it off right now like this is nothing and suddenly realized how screwed we are when it turns out they were right. Being passive about this possibility is anything but helpful to the cause, Meteor.
OMG ITS NOT SPIKA! NO ONE GETS MY NAME! Pokemans Pika. Get it. Pokemon pikachu. God I hate explaining this.
That's your prerogative for spelling your name in all caps and one word, budd. :laugh:

Anyway, here's some more recent data. This one's from Reddit's survey results in April 2015.

Which, in terms of realistic results, gives us a realistic Top 10 of:
  • King K. Rool - 10.50%
  • Snake - 9.83%
  • Isaac - 9.65%
  • Wolf - 9.59%
  • Ice Climbers - 7.87%
  • Inkling - 6.83%
  • Paper Mario - 4.77%
  • Wonder-Red - 3.54%
  • Bandana Dee - 2.89%
  • Dixie Kong - 2.78%
When we remove the third-parties and characters already in the game, this is our result. Krystal and Custom Robo are out of the running, but K. Rool still leads, Isaac and Paper Mario follow closely behind, and Bandana Dee has to share with Dixie Kong and the Inklings. Not a lot has changed in other words...

Not much to say about Wonder-Red. Snake, Wolf and Ice Climbers are all veterans, which would explain their separation from my previous rankings of newcomers-only.

Then the point remains. At the way things currently stand, if immediate action isn't taken, then the results shall be:
  • K. Rool is the first DLC character released
  • One of Isaac or Paper Mario are DLC as well
  • Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake are veterans effectively left in Smash limbo until Smash 5's development
  • The unchosen 2nd DLC character, Inkling, Dixie Kong, and Bandana Dee are all in the top running for Smash 5 newcomers
  • Inconclusive results for Krystal, Custom Robo and Wonder-Red
Unless you're all completely content with getting into Smash 5 as a best case scenario for BWD, what we're doing isn't enough.
I assume that it's not only the new appearance that will help here, but also the full confirmation that that game has brought that Paper Mario is actually officially a separate character, rather than just regular Mario in a different form?
My thoughts exactly. The very existence of Paper Jam no longer makes Paper Mario merely a re-telling of Mario the way Dr. Mario is, but his own entity outright. Considering that was one of his biggest detractions before, this makes Paper Mario a larger force to be reckoned with in the ballot.

I'm very excited at the idea of Paper Mario, by the way, since he's one of my favorite ideas for a newcomer in the ballot. For the sake of the campaign, however, he's not an ally to the cause.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

This wasn't even mentioned in the article. Room for two more character portraits on the main website.

When you pair that with how there's only room for two more characters on the CSS, as well as the fact that the article explained its basis throughout, it's a caution we should be aware of. I'd rather we get something like this wrong be like "Whew, that's a relief!" than blow it off right now like this is nothing and suddenly realized how screwed we are when it turns out they were right. Being passive about this possibility is anything but helpful to the cause, Meteor.

That's your prerogative for spelling your name in all caps and one word, budd. :laugh:

Anyway, here's some more recent data. This one's from Reddit's survey results in April 2015.

• King K. Rool - 10.50%
  • Snake - 9.83%
  • Isaac - 9.65%
  • Wolf - 9.59%
  • Ice Climbers - 7.87%
  • Inkling - 6.83%
  • Paper Mario - 4.77%
  • Wonder-Red - 3.54%
  • Bandana Dee - 2.89%
  • Dixie Kong - 2.78%
When we remove the third-parties and characters already in the game, this is our result. Krystal and Custom Robo are out of the running, but K. Rool still leads, Isaac and Paper Mario follow closely behind, and Bandana Dee has to share with Dixie Kong and the Inklings. Not a lot has changed in other words...

Not much to say about Wonder-Red. Snake, Wolf and Ice Climbers are all veterans, which would explain their separation from my previous rankings of newcomers-only.

Then the point remains. At the way things currently stand, if immediate action isn't taken, then the results shall be:
  • Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake are veterans effectively left in Smash limbo until Smash 5's development
  • The unchosen 2nd DLC character, Inkling, Dixie Kong, and Bandana Dee are all in the top running for Smash 5 newcomers
Unless you're all completely content with nothing that getting into Smash 5 is a best case scenario for BWD, what we're doing isn't enough.

My thoughts exactly. The very existence of Paper Jam no longer makes Paper Mario merely a re-telling of Mario the way Dr. Mario is, but his own entity outright. Considering that was one of his biggest detractions before, this makes Paper Mario a larger force to be reckoned with in the ballot.

I'm very excited at the idea of Paper Mario, by the way, since he's one of my favorite ideas for a newcomer in the ballot. For the sake of the campaign, however, he's not an ally to the cause.
Wolf is ahead of Isaac and Snake, I don't know about K Rool though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

• King K. Rool - 10.50%
  • Snake - 9.83%
  • Isaac - 9.65%
  • Wolf - 9.59%
  • Ice Climbers - 7.87%
  • Inkling - 6.83%
  • Paper Mario - 4.77%
  • Wonder-Red - 3.54%
  • Bandana Dee - 2.89%
  • Dixie Kong - 2.78%

Unless you're all completely content with nothing that getting into Smash 5 is a best case scenario for BWD, what we're doing isn't enough.
That's from April, okay you know what, @Laikue hey long time no see, I just wanted to ask if you could help us with something?

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Wolf is ahead of Isaac and Snake, I don't know about K Rool though.
Source for this claim?
That's from April, okay you know what, @Laikue hey long time no see, I just wanted to ask if you could help us with something?
April was only 2 months ago, you know. It's likely the most recent data we currently have to that scale.

If we can find something for June, all the better, but this is likely the best we have to look at right now.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And to back this up further, whilst it used to be the case that this displayed differently on mobile devices/tablets/etc., this has seemingly now been fixed - two more slots are all that appear no matter how you view the site.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Source for this claim?

April was only 2 months ago, you know. It's likely the most recent data we currently have to that scale.

If we can find something for June, all the better, but this is likely the best we have to look at right now.
Dude, have you noticed that Japan loves their veterans. Plus all those polls are fan made, its not the official ballot poll. (btw that was made when the ballot first came out).

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Dude, have you noticed that Japan loves their veterans. Plus all those polls are fan made, its not the official ballot poll. (btw that was made when the ballot first came out).
Of course they're fan-made, the official ballot won't give us the results until October. These are surveys of who people voted for in the ballot.

Again, source for your "Wolf trumps the others" claim, please? If you can't argue with data using data, then you have nothing to objectively say on the matter.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also if you're going to continue to talk about other characters in a negative way than you'll be asked to politely leave the thread, no offense it just makes us look bad.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Of course they're fan-made, the official ballot won't give us the results until October. These are surveys of who people voted for in the ballot.

Again, source for your "Wolf trumps the others" claim, please? If you can't argue with data using data, then you have nothing to objectively say on the matter.
Here this is a poll made by PushDustin
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...S0/pubchart?oid=1404193269&format=interactive

This was made before Lucas was announced so it might be outdated, but I'm still pretty sure Wolf is at the top.
I would like to know Japan's most wanted characters now, that poll everybody shows (also made by @PushDustIn) is a little old, IMO.

These are also all newcomers. Since this is japanese all the veterans would totally be in the front.

Top Bottom