• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I found this:

Tumblr has a lot of Bandana Dee things, if you have one, you should ask to the creators of the drawings for some votes or something.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Last edited:
I am the trainer class: Super Nerd because I know the Pokédex number of my favorite Pokémon off the top of my head! #58
#389 is my current favorite, #24 and #94 were my favorites as a child (they're still in my Top 10).

As for who is smartest in Dream Land, I'd have to say Magolor. I mean, he managed to trick four people (including both Dream Land's king and hero) to help him to become a powerful monster so he could destroy their home.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
#389 is my current favorite, #24 and #94 were my favorites as a child (they're still in my Top 10).

As for who is smartest in Dream Land, I'd have to say Magolor. I mean, he managed to trick four people (including both Dream Land's king and hero) to help him to become a powerful monster so he could destroy their home.
To be fair, it doesn't exactly take a genius to simply use kind-hearted folks to help said genius who is clearly in a bad situation. It's not manipulation at that point when they're doing exactly what it looks like.

Getting them to beat up Landia, however, definitely follows that category. Now if only he was savvy enough to just obliterate Landia on the spot and ditch them in Halcandra rather than leaving the portal wide open for them to chase him down in.

To be fair, it doesn't exactly take a genius to simply use kind-hearted folks to help said genius who is clearly in a bad situation. It's not manipulation at that point when they're doing exactly what it looks like.

Getting them to beat up Landia, however, definitely follows that category. Now if only he was savvy enough to just obliterate Landia on the spot and ditch them in Halcandra rather than leaving the portal wide open for them to chase him down in.
Yeah, It probably doesn't take much, Kirby is naive and has been tricked before (by Marx), Dedede isn't a genius either and Bandana Dee will probably just do the same as Dedede. Don't know about MK though, he appears to be fairly intelligent compared to others, yet he didn't even suspect anything. Another thing I don't understand is why Magolor was to suddenly turned into Kirby's friend:

Magolor: "I'm sorry I tried to destroy your home, I won't do it again."
Kirby "Everything is forgiven, friend!"

It just doesn't make sense. Then again, only Kirby can be so naive that he will accept an apology from a villain that pretended to be his friend before without suspecting anything.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also guys, remember to make Bandana Dee propaganda, arguments or whatever in other websites like Reddit, Gamefaqs (yes), etc.

I noticed that in all the polls of other sites, Bandana Dee is pretty low, I mean, not that low if you consider that the characters that are higher than him are Shovel Knight, Sora, Bayonetta, etc... because those will just not happen... but still, we have to make Bandana Dee popular in other videogame sites.
I can understand Sora and Shovel Knight, but Bayonetta? She's very popular and currently is Nintendo only and is also from a beat-em-up, so her moveset speaks for herself. I don't see why not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can understand Sora and Shovel Knight, but Bayonetta? She's very popular and currently is Nintendo only and is also from a beat-em-up, so her moveset speaks for herself. I don't see why not.
A: She isn't Nintendo only, she's had her games on Nintendo systems, big difference. B: Her moveset in her games involve BDSM and torture, and C: Bayonetta is flirtatious as ****, removing that so she could be playable wouldn't really be smart

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
A: She isn't Nintendo only, she's had her games on Nintendo systems, big difference. B: Her moveset in her games involve BDSM and torture, and C: Bayonetta is flirtatious as ****, removing that so she could be playable wouldn't really be smart
Didn`t they also tone down Solid Snake? :p I'm sure if they can do it for one character they can do it for another.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Because 3rd Party with 2 games and very little legacy to her, very viscous attacks alongside sexualization at the very core of her character (the stripping, posing, suggestive animations for specific attacks, and language) because she was made to be the embodiment of female power fantasies. :snake: went from an M rated game to a T rated game by removing the cursing, guns, and smoking from his character. With rating of Pegi 12 like Brawl and CERO rating of B (as Brawl was C), her biggest leap would be being gutted down into fitting into the North American rating of E-10+.

A character who got promoted by a nude cosplay shooting in Playboy would have to be made appropriate to 10 year olds.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Except Snake's entire character isn't snapping necks or shooting people, Bayonetta was meant to be a walking wet dream
Because 3rd Party with 2 games and very little legacy to her, very viscous attacks alongside sexualization at the very core of her character (the stripping, posing, suggestive animations for specific attacks, and language) because she was made to be the embodiment of female power fantasies. :snake: went from an M rated game to a T rated game by removing the cursing, guns, and smoking from his character. With rating of Pegi 12 like Brawl and CERO rating of B (as Brawl was C), her biggest leap would be being gutted down into fitting into the North American rating of E-10+.

A character who got promoted by a nude cosplay shooting in Playboy would have to be made appropriate to 10 year olds.
Oh my god you're absolutely right! It wouldn't be at all easy to tone her down.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh my god you're absolutely right! It wouldn't be at all easy to tone her down.
If this was just a T rated game, I wouldn't be NEARLY as hard on the matter. Making Bayonetta T rated is feasible.
But E-10, that and her lack of being close to the legacy of :4sonic::4megaman::4ryu::4pacman:just kills any hopes, personally.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If this was just a T rated game, I wouldn't be NEARLY as hard on the matter. Making Bayonetta T rated is feasible.
But E-10, that and her lack of being close to the legacy of :4sonic::4megaman::4ryu::4pacman:just kills any hopes, personally.
That reminds me, Bayonetta 2 got toned down to PEGI 16 whereas Smash is PEGI 12. Sadly, she'll most likely never join the battle

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I guess Shantae or Bomberman could work, unlike Bayonetta who'd be very suggestive and bump the rating, it's a shame. Also Shantae (for an inde character) and Bomberman have had that:4pacman::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic: legacy and have appeared in many games.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I guess Shantae or Bomberman could work, unlike Bayonetta who'd be very suggestive and bump the rating, it's a shame.
Black Mage

I'm telling you. If you wanna make any leaps due to Capcom's two branches getting :4ryu: & :4megaman: in.

SEGA now owns Atlus, a pretty high-name company for their work of Etrian Odyssey, SMT, Digital Devil Saga, & Persona. To the point of warranting that polarizing crossover with Fire Emblem.

Atlus as a whole has one major mascot who makes an appearance in damn near every series and practically every game of the various branches of SMT, was a fair focus of the anime that SMT sprung, and most of all, STARRED IN A VIRTUAL BOY GAME. IF THAT AIN'T NINTENDO DEDICATION I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the best recruit for the 3rd Party Roster.... Jack Frost!

Edit: And he's confirmed for SMT x FE via the "Hee Ho Stores" that have Annas as the clerks.
THE MASCOTS HAVE UNITED

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Black Mage

I'm telling you. If you wanna make any leaps due to Capcom's two branches getting :4ryu: & :4megaman: in.

SEGA now owns Atlus, a pretty high-name company for their work of Etrian Odyssey, SMT, Digital Devil Saga, & Persona. To the point of warranting that polarizing crossover with Fire Emblem.

Atlus as a whole has one major mascot who makes an appearance in damn near every series and practically every game of the various branches of SMT, was a fair focus of the anime that SMT sprung, and most of all, STARRED IN A VIRTUAL BOY GAME. IF THAT AIN'T NINTENDO DEDICATION I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!

Ladies and Gentlemen, the best recruit for the 3rd Party Roster.... Jack Frost!

Oh I know him, he'd probably be really fun and he's very afflicted with Nintendo!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well you know there's Bomberman, who's had 36 games on Nintendo consoles and also had a game on Virtual Boy and had a crossover with a popular Nintendo character, Wario.
Unfortunately, Konami is the big issue since they are going mobile and they don't have the best relationship. He also has to compete with Snake, who has a lot of ballot support.
This will be a steep mountain that Bomberman will have to climb to become playable (and I wish he was...).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Unfortunately, Konami is the big issue since they are going mobile and they don't have the best relationship. He also has to compete with Snake, who has a lot of ballot support.
This will be a steep mountain that Bomberman will have to climb to become playable (and I wish he was...).
I mean you know, Nintendo could always buy Bomberman (which they should)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I guess Shantae has the best chances in the ballot then (in terms of third-party characters.)
They really should. By the way fun fact, Hudson Soft (the company who made Bomberman) merged with Nintendo, but all their characters and IPs for whatever reason were bought out by Konami, strange isn't it?

D

Deleted member

I wish they did. I bet they could make an amazing Bomberman game and they do have the development team capable of it; there are former Hudson employees working under Nintendo via Nd Cube.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wish they did. I bet they could make an amazing Bomberman game and they do have the development team capable of it; there are former Hudson employees working under Nintendo via Nd Cube.
Did I mention that those were the people that made the last three Mario Party games. Did I mention that they weren't very good were unbalanced and had you glued to your partner for 99% of the game?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well you know there's Bomberman, who's had 36 games on Nintendo consoles and also had a game on Virtual Boy and had a crossover with a popular Nintendo character, Wario.
Don't get me wrong.
Bomberman's a big gaming icon, with better credentials.
My entire tangent (and running joke at this point) is about Jack Frost being the best Non-Sonic character that SEGA has to offer to join Smash.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Don't get me wrong.
Bomberman's a big gaming icon, with better credentials.
My entire tangent (and running joke at this point) is about Jack Frost being the best Non-Sonic character that SEGA has to offer to join Smash.
Why Jack Frost? Why not NiGHTS? It's probably the most recognizable character behind Sonic, considering how well NiGHTS into Dreams was received. He's probably the only non-Sonic character that SEGA still remembers.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Why Jack Frost? Why not NiGHTS? It's probably the most recognizable character behind Sonic, considering how well NiGHTS into Dreams was received. He's probably the only non-Sonic character that SEGA still remembers.
Because NiGHTS has 2 games, one on the Saturn and one on the Wii. (Ironically, the former being an exclusive for the rival for Nintendo and the sequel being Nintendo exclusive makes her similar to Bayonetta).
That's my grounds for it. NiGHTS has no legacy. SMT (& Persona by proxy) do.
And Super Monkey Ball, I'd argue, is more recognizable than NiGHTS even if people may not know the names of the actual chimps.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Because NiGHTS has 2 games, one on the Saturn and one on the Wii. (Ironically, the former being an exclusive for the rival for Nintendo and the sequel being Nintendo exclusive makes her similar to Bayonetta).
That's my grounds for it. NiGHTS has no legacy. SMT (& Persona by proxy) do.
And Super Monkey Ball, I'd argue, is more recognizable than NiGHTS even if people may not know the names of the actual chimps.
And? Shulk only has one game, but that game had a cult following and was extremely well-received, and the same could be said about NiGHTS into Dreams. Also, if you want to be technical, NiGHTS had three games, NiGHTS into Dreams, Journey of Dreams, and Christmas NiGHTS.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And? Shulk only has one game, but that game had a cult following and was extremely well-received, and the same could be said about NiGHTS into Dreams. Also, if you want to be technical, NiGHTS had three games, NiGHTS into Dreams, Journey of Dreams, and Christmas NiGHTS.
But the difference is that Nights is third party, Shulk is first and represents a new IP which can help promote further installments of his series. That's the difference.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I don't know who NiGHTs is. If he is SEGA, more 3rd party DLC seems bizzare to me.

I also have a theroy. Sakurai said not all of the planned roster got into Smash 4 because of time limitations, so all the pre-ballot characters will be characters from the original roster.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The only third parties I can see happening are Rayman, Snake, Bomberman and Simon Belmont.
But yeah, this is off-topic.
One more thing. What about Shantae, she's appeared in alot of games for an inde character and is very well known, she's also a popular choice and would be the first female third-party character and the first inde character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
One more thing. What about Shantae, she's appeared in alot of games for an inde character and is very well known, she's also a popular choice and would be the first female third-party character and the first inde character.
Indie + Third Party + Not Iconic + No Popularity in Japan = Nope IMO.

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 Wishlist:
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Metal Sonic
3. Bandana Waddle Dee <---
4. Magolor
5. Soldier Worm
6. Spyro
7. Rayman
8. Tails
9. Ice Climbers
10. Ristar
11. Porky (with mech)
12. Wreck it Ralph
13. Nights
14. Billy Hatcher
15. Amigo
16. Ai Ai
17. Red(Angry Birds)
18. Globox
19. Dr. Eggman
20. Erwin (PAC-MAN World 3)

Bandana Waddle Dee would be a great addition to the Smash 4 roster, since we have only three Kirby characters, also Magolor would be great, best villain evar.

Characters that i really don't want in Smash 4:
1. Goku(sucks as hell)
2. Miku(she doesn't have any kind of fight moves)
3. Young Porky without mech(because nosense)
4. Shantae (i have no damn idea about who is she, i don't want non popular characters in smash)
5. Young Link(just dream, he never will be back, because Toon Link is the new Young Link)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Indie + Third Party + Not Iconic + No Popularity in Japan = Nope IMO.
Well actually her first game, albeit obscure, was localized in Japan and published by Capcom for the Gameboy Color, but it was never rereleased on the Virtual Console in Japan due to unknown reasons. Now you know.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
If Bandana Waddle Dee makes it in Smash 4, his Final Smash could be King Dedede's Brawl Final Smash

I don't know who NiGHTs is. If he is SEGA, more 3rd party DLC seems bizzare to me.

I also have a theroy. Sakurai said not all of the planned roster got into Smash 4 because of time limitations, so all the pre-ballot characters will be characters from the original roster.
It, not he, Nights is genderless

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure Although I don't think she's very requested in Japan, the response overseas is overwhelming, and with her new game on the way, Sakurai may just put her in to make us feel like we're finally being listened to, but I don't know. Let's get back to the character that has Japan support though, (which probably matters more towards the ballot anyway) Bandana Dee!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, what could be Bandana Waddle Dee's Final Smash? Ultra Spear?(altrough that doesn't exist)
You're not familiar with the Kirby Series are you? Well that's okay because I'm here to help! His Final Smash would be Megaton Punch, a dastardly blow that can crack a planet in half.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I've played almost every existing Kirby game(never played triple deluxe or rainbow curse), there's no need to explain me Kirby stuff, i'mm really familiar with Kirby series.
Really i'm not sure about what could be his FS, also his FS couldn't be a "Megaton Punch", maybe it could be something like Kirby's Final Smash, i'm not sure, since Bandana Waddle Dee doesn't have too much to offer.

Top Bottom