• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ok, what are Jigglypuff-kabobs? I want some so badly. Actually, scratch that. My favorite Pokémon skewered on a stick is probably something I don't want. But seriously, what are they?
I am the trainer class: Super Nerd because I know the Pokédex number of my favorite Pokémon off the top of my head! #58

I also made a funny noise when I pictured him skewered on a stick...(crying) Let's change the topic.
Probably. Dedede is definitely the trickier of the two, though, so that's what gives him the upper hand.
What if Bandana Dee was really the mastermind behind Dreamland? Oh wait he is! Chalo5000's profile pic explains why! :p

P.S. DO NOT look up #58 unless you are absolutely sure you won't picture it skewered on a stick. You don't want to do it because of what it's based off of. Jigglypuff getting shish-kabobed is creepy, but #58...I need to stop thinking about it.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I am the trainer class: Super Nerd because I know the Pokédex number of my favorite Pokémon off the top of my head! #58
So can I. # 39.

I also made a funny noise when I pictured him skewered on a stick...(crying) Let's change the topic.

What if Bandana Dee was really the mastermind behind Dreamland? Oh wait he is! Chalo5000's profile pic explains why! :p

P.S. DO NOT look up #58 unless you are absolutely sure you won't picture it skewered on a stick. You don't want to do it because of what it's based off of. Jigglypuff getting shish-kabobed is creepy, but #58...I need to stop thinking about it.
Uhhhh... I don't know how to respond to that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ok, what are Jigglypuff-kabobs? I want some so badly. Actually, scratch that. My favorite Pokémon skewered on a stick is probably something I don't want. But seriously, what are they?
It's just something that GRC mentioned in jest in Thursday Thoughts on the Bandana Ballot Blog. :laugh:

52 is mine. :b: (And that's coming from someone who actually doesn't find the games to be any fun at all, thus proving that EVERYONE has a favourite Pokemon!)

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm not really into Pokémon either, but Jigglypuff was such a damn hilarious character in the anime. It was surprisingly enough Melee that got me into Jigglypuff and persuaded me to watch the anime. "Clefairy Tales" and "The Song of Jigglypuff" are currently my favorite episodes. Ever since then, that pink balloon has floated its way to the top of my favorite Pokémon list.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Guys, CLEARLY Kracko is the smartest in Dreamland!
Being smart doesn't mean much if it's not savvy enough to realize what a bad idea it is to repeatedly mess with Kirby.

In that sense, Dedede and Meta Knight are probably a lot savvier for choosing to not fight Kirby under any normal circumstances.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wouldn't this guy be the smartest in Dreamland? I mean he's flying some self engineered saucer for Kracko's sake!

Although being "smart" is subjective, are we looking for raw intelligence, experience, or something else? If it's raw intelligence, Doc, by a mile. Experience is probably Meta Knight, but you can probably make a case for Dedede.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In my opinion it's Meta Knight since canonically he's the only one that can talk, but then again others Can talk, Captain Vul, Sailor Dee, Meta-Knights, King Dedede, Bandana Dee... wait how does this convo connect to anything at the moment? :confused:
I'm pretty sure they mainly go off of Twitter.
Not necessarily, they also go off of YouTube if you put in #Smashified. Speaking that I wanted to ask something. @ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin What would you think if I submit the thread for Smashified to show them what would be appealing about Bandana Dee?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Being smart doesn't mean much if it's not savvy enough to realize what a bad idea it is to repeatedly mess with Kirby.

In that sense, Dedede and Meta Knight are probably a lot savvier for choosing to not fight Kirby under any normal circumstances.
Robby, you've returned. I thought you had worked yourself to death.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Wouldn't this guy be the smartest in Dreamland? I mean he's flying some self engineered saucer for Kracko's sake!

Although being "smart" is subjective, are we looking for raw intelligence, experience, or something else? If it's raw intelligence, Doc, by a mile. Experience is probably Meta Knight, but you can probably make a case for Dedede.
By sheer intelligence, Doc wins, yeah. Again, I'm just going going by savviness, which goes the farthest of any character in a setting like Kirby's. It doesn't matter how well you can crunch numbers or create machinery, if you don't account for Kirby in every regard, your plan is going to fail, even if it has started with ingenious execution.

That's why I'd say, in terms of genre savviness, Necrodius has been the wisest villain to ever visit Dream Land. The moment he sees Kirby for the first time, he divides his power into 10 and attempts to destroy Kirby outright there and then rather than waiting until Kirby proves himself to be a threat to start accounting for him, and continues to hunt Kirby down throughout his adventure with his dangerous abducting mooks. Follow that by devouring the very thing Kirby needed to turn back to normal, and it becomes clear that even though Necrodius didn't succeed, he's come the closest yet of any Kirby villain. The kind of progress villains like Dark Mind makes has zero bearing on whether or not they win if Kirby's still around to undo it all.

Magolor would have been close in that regard too if he just destroyed Landia outright as soon as he got the crown, or better yet, left Kirby and company in the Other Dimension instead of fighting them after their rides were shot down.
Not necessarily, they also go off of YouTube if you put in #Smashified. Speaking that I wanted to ask something. @ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin What would you think if I submit the thread for Smashified to show them what would be appealing about Bandana Dee?
The thread? Like, the link to this thread? Being as busy as they are, I doubt any of them to really give us the time or effort for that. They seem to only be focusing on fan-demand, anyhow. You're welcome to try, but I think we need to focus on making Bandana Waddle Dee heard the way Shantae was.
Robby, you've returned. I thought you had worked yourself to death.
Doing those editorials can really lead to burning out... Tuesday Trivia should be good for another while, but I might need some help with getting inspiration for the next Thursday Thoughts. I can't immediately think of any points as strong as the previous ones I've made about being the best of the remaining characters and having unique gameplay.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
By sheer intelligence, Doc wins, yeah. Again, I'm just going going by savviness, which goes the farthest of any character in a setting like Kirby's. It doesn't matter how well you can crunch numbers or create machinery, if you don't account for Kirby in every regard, your plan is going to fail, even if it has started with ingenious execution.

That's why I'd say, in terms of genre savviness, Necrodius has been the wisest villain to ever visit Dream Land. The moment he sees Kirby for the first time, he divides his power into 10 and attempts to destroy Kirby outright there and then rather than waiting until Kirby proves himself to be a threat to start accounting for him, and continues to hunt Kirby down throughout his adventure with his dangerous abducting mooks. Follow that by devouring the very thing Kirby needed to turn back to normal, and it becomes clear that even though Necrodius didn't succeed, he's come the closest yet of any Kirby villain. The kind of progress villains like Dark Mind makes has zero bearing on whether or not they win if Kirby's still around to undo it all.

Magolor would have been close in that regard too if he just destroyed Landia outright as soon as he got the crown, or better yet, left Kirby and company in the Other Dimension instead of fighting them after their rides were shot down.

The thread? Like, the link to this thread? Being as busy as they are, I doubt any of them to really give us the time or effort for that. They seem to only be focusing on fan-demand, anyhow. You're welcome to try, but I think we need to focus on making Bandana Waddle Dee heard the way Shantae was.

Doing those editorials can really lead to burning out... Tuesday Trivia should be good for another while, but I might need some help with getting inspiration for the next Thursday Thoughts. I can't immediately think of any points as strong as the previous ones I've made about being the best of the remaining characters and having unique gameplay.
I think you're right. By the way here's an idea for trailer music for Bandana Dee, a remix of Ice Cream Island from Kirby's Adventure.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Are you sure it's a good idea to be doing all this by yourself?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Are you sure it's a good idea to be doing all this by yourself?
I'd welcome other editorial writers if I know they're capable of meeting the standards I force myself to meet. Right now, however, I'm more concerned with ideas for editorials than I am for finding other writers. It's taxing, but I think I can handle it.
I think you're right. By the way here's an idea for trailer music for Bandana Dee, a remix of Ice Cream Island from Kirby's Adventure.
You mean the one in Smash 4? That'd be nice, I guess. Don't really see what that has to do with what we were talking about, though.
Perhaps something expanding on the whole relevance thing? (Though, I have no idea if today's merchandising turn-out helps or hinders that.)
I dunno. We have to remember that Dee-L-C is an entirely different ballpark from speculation. While relevance makes sense from a prediction standpoint, it doesn't go that far as to say why people should want BWD. Knowing that there's new plushies of a regular Waddle Dee out there doesn't change my opinion of Bandana Dee being in Smash 4 in any way whatsoever... I couldn't imagine other people would feel quite the same way.

I did notice one post, though. Zero Soul's "we should list deetractions" sounds like a really good idea. That could be the next Thursday Thoughts if I can get a solid list of deetractions from you guys. Quality over quantity if possible. 5 at least, 10 at most. The thread can definitely help out for now by focusing on that.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'd welcome other editorial writers if I know they're capable of meeting the standards I force myself to meet. Right now, however, I'm more concerned with ideas for editorials than I am for finding other writers. It's taxing, but I think I can handle it.

You mean the one in Smash 4? That'd be nice, I guess. Don't really see what that has to do with what we were talking about, though.

I dunno. We have to remember that Dee-L-C is an entirely different ballpark from speculation. While relevance makes sense from a prediction standpoint, it doesn't go that far as to say why people should want BWD. Knowing that there's new plushies of a regular Waddle Dee out there doesn't change my opinion of Bandana Dee being in Smash 4 in any way whatsoever... I couldn't imagine other people would feel quite the same way.

I did notice one post, though. Zero Soul's "we should list deetractions" sounds like a really good idea. That could be the next Thursday Thoughts if I can get a solid list of deetractions from you guys. Quality over quantity if possible. 5 at least, 10 at most. The thread can definitely help out for now by focusing on that.
Oh no, I was just bringing up a new topic, what do you guys think Bandana Dee's trailer music'll be? Do you agree with mine?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Oh no, I was just bringing up a new topic, what do you guys think Bandana Dee's trailer music'll be? Do you agree with mine?
I'd personally think it would be a Cookie Country remix, Ice Cream Island would sound nice too, I don't know what Ice Cream Island has to do with Bandana Dee though.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'd personally think it would be a Cookie Country remix, Ice Cream Island would sound nice too, I don't know what Ice Cream Island has to do with Bandana Dee though.
My thoughts exactly. If we get anything for a Bandana Waddle Dee trailer, it has to be something to do with him, at the very least coming from a game he's in.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

Wouldn't it be cool if they remixed Megaton punch for his introduction music? I mean that minigame was where the Dee made his first appearance.. it'd be kinda fitting.

(Ironically there aren't that many decent remixes of the track out there...kinda sad :/)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I know that. I still had my mind on Zero Soul's detractions idea, there, really - my intended meaning was that BWD's relevance as a character is sometimes disputed, and I wonder if that point is editorial-worthy. The merchandise news was merely an aside to that. :laugh:

Re-quoting mine;

1: "Bandana Waddle Dee is just a generic enemy with an added hat. Requesting him is like asking for a Goomba to be a playable character!"

2: "Kirby isn't a big, relevant, or hardcore series, so it doesn't deserve another representative in Smash."

3: "What's so special about potentially being the first character that can use a spear? Palutena is Smash's first staff-user, and she's not that interesting, so why would a blob carrying a stick be?"
They're just common ones that I've seen around.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'd welcome other editorial writers if I know they're capable of meeting the standards I force myself to meet. Right now, however, I'm more concerned with ideas for editorials than I am for finding other writers. It's taxing, but I think I can handle.
Suit yourself. Don't drop dead on me, Robby. What have you covered so far?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Detractions. Got it!

...........................................................................................................................................................................Um...Magolor and Prince Fluff would be better ideas? (I'm bad at this.)

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Bandana Dee will break the meta-game.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Also guys, remember to make Bandana Dee propaganda, arguments or whatever in other websites like Reddit, Gamefaqs (yes), etc.

I noticed that in all the polls of other sites, Bandana Dee is pretty low, I mean, not that low if you consider that the characters that are higher than him are Shovel Knight, Sora, Bayonetta, etc... because those will just not happen... but still, we have to make Bandana Dee popular in other videogame sites.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Also guys, remember to make Bandana Dee propaganda, arguments or whatever in other websites like Reddit, Gamefaqs (yes), etc.

I noticed that in all the polls of other sites, Bandana Dee is pretty low, I mean, not that low if you consider that the characters that are higher than him are Shovel Knight, Sora, Bayonetta, etc... because those will just not happen... but still, we have to make Bandana Dee popular in other videogame sites.
I don't think you guys should argue with anyone, just make a plan to spread the message
1. Smashified/Smashified Live (Great way to get the character noticed)
2. Make some social media accounts for Bandana Dee (K Rool's got that going on)
3. Make youtube videos on why Bandana Dee should be in.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
because those will just not happen...
Every character has a shot at this. Sora, and Shovel Knight may not be the most likely, but they could happen should their demand be high enough. In my opinion disregarding these characters just because they are less likely isn't really fair.

That being said. I do think it would be a good idea to make Bandana Dee more popular on the poles on other sites.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I'm not in the mood for anything
Jesus Christ, why do I have 14 alerts? Chalo....
What?
It's not my fault that I have nothing else to do today
I can't even think of anything Bandana related that I could post, so I'm just lurking and liking
I could join the conversation, but I literally can't think of something relevant to say
Maybe I should go to sleep, this was a boring day for me :drsad:
I'm so bored that right now I'm turning my Tumblr account into a blog where I would start posting stuff :drshrug:
This was exactly the kind of post I was trying to avoid
This are the kind of posts that makes this a social thread :facepalm:

EDIT: Looks like I also forgot how to write properly ¬¬

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i forgot about him.. its been so long since we last saw the squeaks..

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm not in the mood for anything

What?
It's not my fault that I have nothing else to do today
I can't even think of anything Bandana related that I could post, so I'm just lurking and liking
I could join the conversation, but I literally can't think of something relevant to say
Maybe I should go to sleep, this was a boring day for me :drsad:
I'm so bored that right now I'm turning my Tumblr account into a blog where I would start posting stuff :drshrug:
This was exactly the kind of post I was trying to avoid
This are the kind of posts that makes this a social thread :facepalm:
Woooaaah, chill, Chalo. Why so aggro? Why don't you blog a picture of Jigglypuff or something? She's the source of all happiness, don't you know? No need to take your...personal problems out on us.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Woooaaah, chill, Chalo. Why so aggro? Why don't you blog a picture of Jigglypuff or something? She's the source of all happiness, don't you know? No need to take your...personal problems out on us.

Yeah, sorry about that XD
I don't have a lot to say right now so meh :drwtf:

Last edited:
Top Bottom