• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I apologize in advance for the massive wall of text.

"Hey guys! I'm Masahiro Sakurai and I'm here to announce a new Paper Mario character for DLC!" stated Mr. Sakurai.
BUM-BUM-BUM!
"It's.... X-Naut Grunt!"
X-Naut grunt clumsily trips into smash!

"He's likable and is unique!" Shouted Mr. Sakurai!
"YAAAY! Finally, a X-Naut rep for Smash!" shouted Zero Soul.
"Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....." The entire rest of the crowd moaned.

So, my friend... Do you see why this kind of thing could possibly grind some people's gears? It isn't necessarily Knuckle Joe by himself that's peeved me, it's that he's put on a magical pedestal for doing pretty much nothing, and more importantly, for not being an actual character. It would be kind of ridiculous if he got in before Magolor, Bandana Dee, Dark Matter, Galacta Knight or even Daroach, yes, even Daroach, because every single one of those are well, noteworthy characters that have either a. done something large in the series, or b. have pivotal roles in at least one game . The only way he could possibly get in is if they used the anime as a excuse, which even then he's still unimportant, and even there, if we were to get a anime rep, it probably wouldn't be Knuckle Joe, because he's still, well, unimportant and overshadowed by quite a few others, even there! If he was actually important I wouldn't mind him at all. (Other than his ear grating voice, oh boy, people think Fox's is bad? Well they better get prepped for Knuckle Joe!)

Fun fact: Knuckle Joe is voiced by the same voice actor as Zero Suit Samus, can you believe that? She sounds so different here, honestly that's pretty incredible acting.

On another note, I really, really hope Dirty and Beauty gets in smash somehow, it's completely amazing.

Too bad Sakurai probably won't do it, but I can dream right?
With you on everything. I love Knuckle Joe, but that doesn't change my opinion that he is one of the most overrated character in games. He makes sense as an assist trophy. Just an assist trophy.

But he makes more sense as a playable character in Smash than the next step up on overrated, Galacta Knight. Galacta Knight is awesome. They gave the anti-hero two anti-heroes of his own (Galacta Knight, Dark Meta Knight). It's anti-hero-ception. But I can promise that no one here will live to see him become playable.

On another note, the absence of Dirty and Beauty in Smash astounded me. No really. I can't make a legitimate comment on it because I'm still so shocked that it's not there.

Okay, maybe I will.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Manic's deetractor section is the answer to any and all deetractions.

As far as I'm concerned the goal of the entire effort is to make the deetractor have a more positive light on Bandanna Dee (or any character really) because in all realism there is little to NO chance someone is going to completely change their own opinion and vote for Bandanna Dee.

Nintenzilla

Yes.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
He has a point. I mean, what exactly do the residents of Dream Land do while evil itself is possessing it's king?
He does indeed, but it didn't work out for him, regardless. :laugh: And yeah, they certainly don't (or can't) do a lot about it; I guess that's a curse of ruling a ludicrously peaceful place - there aren't many people who can help out if things go wrong! (I mean, look at the Dededisaster at the start of Triple Deluxe for an example of that. His only useful guard was clearly sleeping on the job.)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
With you on everything. I love Knuckle Joe, but that doesn't change my opinion that he is one of the most overrated character in games. He makes sense as an assist trophy. Just an assist trophy.

But he makes more sense as a playable character in Smash than the next step up on overrated, Galacta Knight. Galacta Knight is awesome. They gave the anti-hero two anti-heroes of his own (Galacta Knight, Dark Meta Knight). It's anti-hero-ception. But I can promise that no one here will live to see him become playable.

On another note, the absence of Dirty and Beauty in Smash astounded me. No really. I can't make a legitimate comment on it because I'm still so shocked that it's not there.

Okay, maybe I will.

Please, Bandana Dee's very popular and has alot of moveset potential, he could be a great edition, plus you don't seem to be mingleing with us in a positive way, saying bad things about the character we're supporting, Bandana Dee's...
-Popular
-Created by Sakurai
-Has a type of moveset no other Smash fighter would have
-Recurring
-Kawaii
-Any other reason anyone else could have...
No offense at all but I'm going to respectfully ask you to politefully leave, unless you can look at this in a positive more social light, please do not in any way take this personally.
Thank you @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker !

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Please, Bandana Dee's very popular and has alot of moveset potential, he could be a great edition, plus you don't seem to be mingleing with us in a positive way, saying bad things about the character we're supporting, Bandana Dee's...
-Popular
-Created by Sakurai
-Has a type of moveset no other Smash fighter would have
-Recurring
-Kawaii
-Any other reason anyone else could have...
No offense at all but I'm going to respectfully ask you to politefully leave, unless you can look at this in a positive more social light, please do not in any way take this personally.
Thank you @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker !
WOW you just....reworded what I said last time daz funny

"Personally if you've came over here to slide some Bandanna Dee insults and silently tell us that Mags has more of a chance than Bandanna Dee I'd prefer if you'd politely leave"

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
And boom! goes the dynamite. Did I hit a fuse, Robby? Do my words upset you? I'm deeply sorry for getting you so worked up. No, really, I am! Ok, maybe not...
But unless you can see the future, (and if you can, ignore this) you don't have any idea if Knuckle Joe'll be playable or not. If not, oh well. If so, I'll be sure to laugh in your face. I might even through an "I told you so" in for good measure if I'm feeling particularly mean that day. But I'm sure that episode must've tired you out, so fun's over for now, I guess.
...And now you're doing that? Playing the edgy card in classic style of "Did I hit a fuse?" when I said nothing in direct attack towards you, really? I was disappointed in your reasoning before, but now I'm just disappointed in you for being as petty as to do that after losing an argument you've provided zero objective basis to. I'm done. If you're going start being imperious, you aren't even worth dignifying with a response anymore.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Speaking of Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, Fighter always seemed to be one of the best abilities in the Arenas in the Kirby series, so I wanted to determine whether I could easily beat Boss Endurance mode in that game by using that ability. The outcome was not good. Its damage output is very low, and you can accidentally cause yourself to be damaged by the bosses.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
He does indeed, but it didn't work out for him, regardless. :laugh: And yeah, they certainly don't (or can't) do a lot about it; I guess that's a curse of ruling a ludicrously peaceful place - there aren't many people who can help out if things go wrong! (I mean, look at the Dededisaster at the start of Triple Deluxe for an example of that. His only useful guard was clearly sleeping on the job.)
Which leads me to wonder: where the hell was Bandanna Dee when Taranza was trying to kidnap his king? Where was Sailor Dee and the Meta-Knights when Dark Meta Knight trapped Meta Knight?
...And now you're doing that? Playing the edgy card in classic style of "Did I hit a fuse?" when I said nothing in direct attack towards you, really? I was disappointed in your reasoning before, but now I'm just disappointed in you for being as petty as to do that after losing an argument you've provided zero objective basis to. I'm done. If you're going start being imperious, you aren't even worth dignifying with a response anymore.
And yet you respond anyway. You're "dissapointed in me?" You're words, they pierce my heart.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Which leads me to wonder: where the hell was Bandanna Dee when Taranza was trying to kidnap his king? Where was Sailor Dee and the Meta-Knights when Dark Meta Knight trapped Meta Knight?

And yet you respond anyway. You're "dissapointed in me?" You're words, they pierce my heart.
Please! :c

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I severely doubt @ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight actually means any harm to the thread or Bandana Dee at all. All he's done is say Magolor has a bigger chance which isn't some sort of sin. Unless if I'm missing something, I don't think he can be counted as a detractor just because he wants Magolor more, unless you think I'm a detractor for wanting Jirachi or Dark Matter even more than Bandana Dee, I don't think we should label him a detractor.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The Meta-Knights would not have been able to help Meta Knight at all during the events of Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. The Halberd was destroyed and Meta Knight was trapped inside of the Dimension Mirror.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hanging out being cowards, no doubt! :laugh: After all, Sailor Waddle Dee seems a bit timid, if memory serves. I have no idea about Bandana Waddle Dee, though.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
What?
Hanging out being cowards, no doubt! :laugh: After all, Sailor Waddle Dee seems a bit timid, if memory serves. I have no idea about Bandana Waddle Dee, though.
Bandanna Dee is anything but a coward. In Ultra, King Dedede sends Bandanna Dee to fight Kirby, even though he knows he'll lose. King Dedede eventually tells Dee that he doesn't have to fight Kirby if he doesn't want to, but he does it anyway just out of loyalty. He was also the first to attack the Master Hand things in Rainbow Curse. I don't know about Sailor Waddle Dee. Was he timid?

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Wow. It seems that no one is on track. No one is discussing our main topic. Which thread is this? The Bandana Dee thread. Can we talk about it now?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I severely doubt @ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight actually means any harm to the thread or Bandana Dee at all. All he's done is say Magolor has a bigger chance which isn't some sort of sin. Unless if I'm missing something, I don't think he can be counted as a detractor just because he wants Magolor more, unless you think I'm a detractor for wanting Jirachi or Dark Matter even more than Bandana Dee, I don't think we should label him a detractor.
Dark Matter Supporters JOY

Which brings the topic up...

After Bandanna Dee gets in
Would you guys support Dark Matter?

if not tell us who you would support.

What?

Bandanna Dee is anything but a coward. In Ultra, King Dedede sends Bandanna Dee to fight Kirby, even though he knows he'll lose. King Dedede eventually tells Dee that he doesn't have to fight Kirby if he doesn't want to, but he does it anyway just out of loyalty. He was also the first to attack the Master Hand things in Rainbow Curse. I don't know about Sailor Waddle Dee. Was he timid?
Ninten is telling you to STOP ARGUING
seriously it's getting annoying

I believe Sailor Waddle Dee was the 2nd or 3rd person to evacuate the Halberd (The first being the cocky bird who we have never heard from again)

Wow. It seems that no one is on track. No one is discussing our main topic. Which thread is this? The Bandana Dee thread. Can we talk about it now?
You know..thank you for being such an avid supporter I'm really happy that my video may have inspired you to come onto Smashboards and support.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I know. :b: And, yeah, if I'm remembering rightly, SWD's a bit of a nervous type.

You know, I don't think there actually is anyone else who I'd support. I really only want King K. Rool and Bandana Waddle Dee.

After that, all I really want would be extra alts for the existing, non-Mii, fighters. I think that, since Little Mac has sixteen alts (two differing sets of eight), everyone else that can be ought to be brought up to the same - I'd particularly like a Masked Dedede option for Dedede.

But that isn't a character request, so I doubt it's really a valid answer, here. ;)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah, the arguing is definitely getting old REALLY fast. We should really get back on topic.. lol

Also, if I hear someone mention Knuckle Joe one more time I swear I'll punch em-...

Oh wait. I just mentioned him just now in that sentence...

Punches himself in the face

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

Other than Jirachi and Dark Matter, I support Dr. Eggman, Magolor (mainly him), and Paper Mario, along with a fairly weird choice named Clefairy (yeah, this one's never gonna happen, not that it's going to stop me from supporting her/him/it.). I'm convinced that there can't be more than ten people who actually want Clefairy in :laugh:.

And yes, let's move on the topic from the debate please, it's not going anywhere, so let's just move forward and forget it. And if you feel the need to blame anyone for it, blame me, I caused it. Period.

To move the discussion onwards, if Bandana Dee was a Pokemon trainer, what would his team be?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

I would support Magolor or Dark Matter, but honestly, unless either start showing up frequently in future Kirby games, I think Bandana Waddle Dee would be more than enough to complete the series. If we already have BWD, we'd already have the series' figurative main Mario 4 or the Triforce Trio. There'd still be room for more characters, but after BWD, the series is already complete... Hell, part of the reason for deetraction in the first place is that many people believe Kirby is already complete in having Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight. I can't exactly blame them, either, considering those three are by far the most important of the Kirby series, Bandana Waddle Dee doing his best to catch up in recent titles.

In terms of support for other series, however, there's still plenty for me to root for, Isaac, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Inkling being the top of my priorities.
I believe Sailor Waddle Dee was the 2nd or 3rd person to evacuate the Halberd (The first being the cocky bird who we have never heard from again)
On the contrary, Sailor Waddle Dee never evacuated. It was presumed that he was literally the only one to go down with the ship... The only non-villain to actually die in-story for the longest time... That is, until Mass Attack had a cameo of him alongside Bandana Waddle Dee and Meta Knight, showing that he's well and alive. What a way to subvert a dark direction that early in the series, eh?

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I would support Magolor or Dark Matter, but honestly, unless either start showing up frequently in future Kirby games, I think Bandana Waddle Dee would be more than enough to complete the series. If we already have BWD, we'd already have the series' figurative main Mario 4 or the Triforce Trio. There'd still be room for more characters, but after BWD, the series is already complete... Hell, part of the reason for deetraction in the first place is that many people believe Kirby is already complete in having Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight. I can't exactly blame them, either, considering those three are by far the most important of the Kirby series, Bandana Waddle Dee doing his best to catch up in recent titles.

In terms of support for other series, however, there's still plenty for me to root for, Isaac, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Inkling being the top of my priorities.

On the contrary, Sailor Waddle Dee never evacuated. It was presumed that he was literally the only one to go down with the ship... The only non-villain to actually die in-story for the longest time... That is, until Mass Attack had a cameo of him alongside Bandana Waddle Dee and Meta Knight, showing that he's well and alive. What a way to subvert a dark direction that early in the series, eh?
Hmm, I thought Sailor Waddle Dee did evacuate

Well these highly ranked Waddle Dees are so loyal..It makes me love them even more.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Other than Jirachi and Dark Matter, I support Dr. Eggman, Magolor (mainly him), and Paper Mario, along with a fairly weird choice named Clefairy (yeah, this one's never gonna happen, not that it's going to stop me from supporting her/him/it.). I'm convinced that there can't be more than ten people who actually want Clefairy in :laugh:.

And yes, let's move on the topic from the debate please, it's not going anywhere, so let's just move forward and forget it. And if you feel the need to blame anyone for it, blame me, I caused it. Period.

To move the discussion onwards, if Bandana Dee was a Pokemon trainer, what would his team be?
Wasn't Clefairy supposed to be Pokémon's mascot before Pikachu became a thing?
Please don't say "Kawaii". A child could cringe.
That's only the 25% chance side effect. The other 75%? We dont speak of that.
IMG_20150611_191140.jpg

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
A deetractor is someone is subtracting from what we think is best and makes others feel bad. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that that's what he was doing.
Yeah, the arguing is definitely getting old REALLY fast. We should really get back on topic.. lol

Also, if I hear someone mention Knuckle Joe one more time I swear I'll punch em-...

Yeah, let's get back on topic. I think we've had enough.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Boy, how bout that Knuckle Joe?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
A deetractor is someone is subtracting from what we think is best and makes others feel bad. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe that that's what he was doing.

Yeah, let's get back on topic. I think we've had enough.
I don't that's what he's trying to do though, the guy even made a moveset for Bandana Dee, all he's doing is being realistic (in his eyes, whether it truly be that way or not) by saying he thinks Magolor will get in first.I could be wrong though:laugh:. And I do appreciate that you've been trying to restore order to the thread, so thank you.
Don'tcha mean Vulcan jab?:troll:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So uh...just a question...

What will we do once bandana dee gets in (besides celebrate)

Hopefully we can get the mods to turn this into a social thread.
No doubt this'll become a social thread, the way other character support threads turn into them when a character gets confirmed.

Once Bandana Dee gets in (if he does), I'm going to do everything I can to study up on learning how to play as him. I'm a pretty decent Kirby myself, and I wouldn't mind the least bit extending that towards Bandana Waddle Dee as well!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Oh, and Thursday Thoughts is finally up, by the way! I'd have finished it sooner if I didn't put my energy into *ahem* discussing other things, but I feel like it came out well nonetheless. Might want to grab some music and a snack, though. This one's long!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Oh, and Thursday Thoughts is finally up, by the way! I'd have finished it sooner if I didn't put my energy into *ahem* discussing other things, but I feel like it came out well nonetheless. Might want to grab some music and a snack, though. This one's long!
Bandanna Dee has actually appeared 7 times.

I also appreciate Dark Matter on that list.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

Ninten is telling you to STOP ARGUING
seriously it's getting annoying

You know..thank you for being such an avid supporter I'm really happy that my video may have inspired you to come onto Smashboards and support.
Glad to be here. I'd like to be of assistance with your next video, if that's O.K. with you.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Overall, it was a very nice read. It's clear and concise, and gets the point across, I love it.

Top Bottom