• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Amingo

Smash Apprentice

So, this is one of the songs that will sound in Dream Land 64... that ain't C-R-O-W-N-E-D.
Another Air Ride Track?! Where's my Another Dimension and\or Grand Doomer, Daddy Sakurai?

I really want another Kirby stage for the Wii U as DLC.
Me too. Something from RtD or Epic Yarn.
If not, then I hope Foutain Dreams returns (with it's awesome theme pls).

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Another Air Ride Track?! Where's my Another Dimension and\or Grand Doomer, Daddy Sakurai?

Me too. Something from RtD or Epic Yarn.
If not, then I hope Foutain Dreams returns (with it's awesome theme pls).
I don't even think Sakuri knows those songs exist. :p

Not Kirby Super Star/Not Kirby Air Ride = Non existent to Sakuri

D

Deleted member

You know, Air Ride had a pretty stellar soundtrack.
I'm honestly sad that the City Trial theme isn't in Smash.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I apologize in advance for the massive wall of text.

"Hey guys! I'm Masahiro Sakurai and I'm here to announce a new Paper Mario character for DLC!" stated Mr. Sakurai.
BUM-BUM-BUM!
"It's.... X-Naut Grunt!"
X-Naut grunt clumsily trips into smash!

"He's likable and is unique!" Shouted Mr. Sakurai!
"YAAAY! Finally, a X-Naut rep for Smash!" shouted Zero Soul.
"Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....." The entire rest of the crowd moaned.

So, my friend... Do you see why this kind of thing could possibly grind some people's gears? It isn't necessarily Knuckle Joe by himself that's peeved me, it's that he's put on a magical pedestal for doing pretty much nothing, and more importantly, for not being an actual character. It would be kind of ridiculous if he got in before Magolor, Bandana Dee, Dark Matter, Galacta Knight or even Daroach, yes, even Daroach, because every single one of those are well, noteworthy characters that have either a. done something large in the series, or b. have pivotal roles in at least one game . The only way he could possibly get in is if they used the anime as a excuse, which even then he's still unimportant, and even there, if we were to get a anime rep, it probably wouldn't be Knuckle Joe, because he's still, well, unimportant and overshadowed by quite a few others, even there! If he was actually important I wouldn't mind him at all. (Other than his ear grating voice, oh boy, people think Fox's is bad? Well they better get prepped for Knuckle Joe!)

Fun fact: Knuckle Joe is voiced by the same voice actor as Zero Suit Samus, can you believe that? She sounds so different here, honestly that's pretty incredible acting.

On another note, I really, really hope Dirty and Beauty gets in smash somehow, it's completely amazing.

Too bad Sakurai probably won't do it, but I can dream right?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Your comparison falls flat for several reasons.
1. The X-Nauts appeared in one game, where as Knuckle Joe appeared in several.
2. Unlike an X-Naut grunt, Knuckle Joe essentially has his moveset already made, which is more than can be said for the likes of Daroach.
3. If an X-Naut were comparable to Knuckle Joe, then it would have gotten some sort of acknowledgement in Brawl. Knuckle Joe got an Assist Trophy and a normal Trophy, and the X-Nauts don't even get so much as a sticker.
4. With the exception of Bandanna Dee and maybe Galacta Knight, Knuckle Joe is probably the most recognizable and popular newcomer of the Kirby series left. Even then, I can't see Galacta Knight getting in over Joe.
So no, I don't see.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Your comparison falls flat for several reasons.
1. The X-Nauts appeared in one game, where as Knuckle Joe appeared in several.
2. Unlike an X-Naut grunt, Knuckle Joe essentially has his moveset already made, which is more than can be said for the likes of Daroach.
3. If an X-Naut were comparable to Knuckle Joe, then it would have gotten some sort of acknowledgement in Brawl. Knuckle Joe got an Assist Trophy and a normal Trophy, and the X-Nauts don't even get so much as a sticker.
4. With the exception of Bandanna Dee and maybe Galacta Knight, Knuckle Joe is probably the most recognizable and popular newcomer of the Kirby series left. Even then, I can't see Galacta Knight getting in over Joe.
So no, I don't see.
Are you serious right now? The only reason Knuckle Joe is recognizable is because he is an Assist Trophy. I would NEVER see him getting in over these characters
-Bandanna Dee (obviously)
-Dark Matter (Has a foot in for uniqueness and a major antagonist of the series)
-Galacta Knight (popularity, Badaffness)

Knuckle Joe is what deetractors call Bandanna Dee.
-Generic
-unsignifigant

He has nothing to make him stand out from any other enemy (not even the anime)

-Joe doesn't have a moveset made unless you want to just copy fighter Kirby

-The reason the Spear ability was introduced is because Bandanna Dee was introduced with a spear and they wanted Kirby to have the same capabilities as Bandanna Dee (Thus making it people wouldn't have to play as Bandanna Dee to get Spear)

-IMO the only reason Knuckle Joe is even an Assist Trophy is because Kirby had no assist trophies (and that's especially weird considering Hal. Laboratories was developing it at the time)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
A Waddle Doo is a common enemy that you see almost every game that you're most likely going to trample over and forget. THAT, (and again, no disrespect to them) is a Goomba.
A Knuckle Joe is a rare enemy or occasional helper, and it's almost always a special occasion when you encounter one, because he provides you with a rare and powerful copy ability, Fighter. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but would I be correct in assuming that Fighter is fairly popular? Or at least well-liked? I think I would. Knuckle Joe is the embodiment of that ability, and has built up a rather large reputation for himself. Humongous, compared to a Goomba.
Rare? Knuckle Joe isn't as common as Waddle Dee, but he's no more rare than Waddle Doo or Poppy Bros. Jr. You might be confusing Waddle Doo as being a much more common enemy simply because Waddle Doo has appeared in twice as many games as Knuckle Joe, which does you zero favors in your side of this argument. What exactly happens when you find a Knuckle Joe and don't want to use Fighter in place of your current one? You kill it in 1 to 3 hits and he pops, just like every other regular enemy in the series. In this case, "rare" just means "uncommon", not special. A rare enemy--as in, a special occasion when you find one--is something like this:

As for saying "occasional helper" like that's something extraordinarily special for an enemy, please name a time that Knuckle Joe has been a playable character in a game that Waddle Doo and Poppy Bros. Jr. weren't.

If we're going by popular abilities, by the way, suffice to say I think Bonkers has that edge over Knuckle Joe, as Hammer is more rare than Fighter and much more popular from what I've seen (if Hammer being the most common choice for an ability in play-throughs of The Arena has anything to show for it). He's been in more games than Knuckle Joe, has also been a helper in every instance he has, and even has a Super form to make the already special occasion of fighting him even more special.

I'm not saying anyone even remotely wants Bonkers as a playable character, but the point is that your reasoning is really subjective in terms of how your descriptions of what makes him special apply to so many other enemies... Any way you spin it, Knuckle Joe is a regular mook. Same as Waddle Doo. Same as Poppy Bros. Jr.

You also seem to be forgetting the fact that since there is no singular Knuckle Joe in the first place, speaking anything about him "having built up a reputation for himself" is nothing short of silly. "Himself" applies just as much to any Koopa, Stalfos, or Sidehopper in terms of being a species, not a character.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yeah... The only series I know of that has reps that are not only a rep for a series (in this one's case also reps for their generation they appear in), but in a way reps their species as well, would technically be pokemon.. (As there technically isn't a definitive "Pikachu", or "Greninja".. lol)

As for Knuckle Joe, just as everyone else has stated, he is an enemy. Just an uncommon enemy. From what I've noticed in terms of reps for a series, they flow in terms of how they rep the series:

1. The main character (The main protagonist in the series. He ALWAYS joins first.) --> 2. Supporting Character/s (Characters whom often star in important roles along side the main character.) --> 3. Villain (The guy/girl always trying to kill the good guys XD) --> 4. Side characters (Characters that appear frequently, but don't really have major roles in their series) --> 5. Mook Characters (Characters of little significance in their franchise. From the mooks you stomp through the adventure, to the minor NPCs you meet along the way through your quest)

General rule in terms of how a new series gets in: The main protagonist always gets in, FIRST. NO exceptions. After that, other characters have a chance to join them later on.

Anyways, Ghostly is right. We've drifted heavily off topic. Lets drop the Joe talk and get back to da Dee XD

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I was reading this on a Dark Meta Knight video:
That golden mirror is called The Dimension Mirror, it leads to a parallel version of Dreamland. Usually its high up in its temple, but it appears Sectonia got a hold of it. Staring into the mirror is said to drive people mad, and the mirror is able to make copies of whatever it sees in its reflection, those copies have nothing to do with the person's natural counterparts on the other side of the mirror though. Dark Meta Knight is Meta Knight counterpart, that's obvious. But there's something wrong with him. 1. He's called Dark Meta Knight instead of Shadow Meta Knight, every mirror world counterpart has "shadow" in their name. 2. He was serving the villain of Amazing Mirror, the game he the mirror and Shadow Kirby first appeared in. Mirror counterparts are supposed to be just like their parallel selves, and Meta Knight would never serve a creature like Dark Mind. Who is the mirror world counterpart of 0, THE 0. It's obvious that he's been corrupted by something, I personally believe it's one of the pieces of 0. I also believe that The Dimension Mirror is also a piece of 0. But that's going into a bit of headcanon that's expanded quite a bit beyond that.

Could this possibly mean there is a Dark or Shadow Sectonia in the Dimensional Mirror?

Seeing as the mirror not only makes people go crazy (hence Sectonia's tyrannical behaivor) but makes a copy of what it sees...
I think Sectonia may still be alive in then Dimensional Mirror...

Amazing Mirror Sequel confirmed

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Rare? Knuckle Joe isn't as common as Waddle Dee, but he's no more rare than Waddle Doo or Poppy Bros. Jr. You might be confusing Waddle Doo as being a much more common enemy simply because Waddle Doo has appeared in twice as many games as Knuckle Joe, which does you zero favors in your side of this argument. What exactly happens when you find a Knuckle Joe and don't want to use Fighter in place of your current one? You kill it in 1 to 3 hits and he pops, just like every other regular enemy in the series. In this case, "rare" just means "uncommon", not special. A rare enemy--as in, a special occasion when you find one--is something like this:

As for saying "occasional helper" like that's something extraordinarily special for an enemy, please name a time that Knuckle Joe has been a playable character in a game that Waddle Doo and Poppy Bros. Jr. weren't.

If we're going by popular abilities, by the way, suffice to say I think Bonkers has that edge over Knuckle Joe, as Hammer is more rare than Fighter and much more popular from what I've seen (if Hammer being the most common choice for an ability in play-throughs of The Arena has anything to show for it). He's been in more games than Knuckle Joe, has also been a helper in every instance he has, and even has a Super form to make the already special occasion of fighting him even more special.

I'm not saying anyone even remotely wants Bonkers as a playable character, but the point is that your reasoning is really subjective in terms of how your descriptions of what makes him special apply to so many other enemies... Any way you spin it, Knuckle Joe is a regular mook. Same as Waddle Doo. Same as Poppy Bros. Jr.

You also seem to be forgetting the fact that since there is no singular Knuckle Joe in the first place, speaking anything about him "having built up a reputation for himself" is nothing short of silly. "Himself" applies just as much to any Koopa, Stalfos, or Sidehopper in terms of being a species, not a character.
So, a character who has appeared in 21 games isn't as common as a character who has appeared in 9? Is that what you're trying to tell me? Is that actually what you're saying?
And Waddle Doo being in more games than Knuckle Joe neither helps nor hurts my argument because we both know that that has little to do with a character getting in. If that were the case, then Robin, R.O.B, Lucina, and so on wouldn't be in Smash, would they Robby?
Hammer is indeed more rare and arguably popular than Fighter, but that's why we have King Dedede. Even so, the fact Kirby incorporates 6 Fighter abilities into moveset should speak for the popularity and versatility of the ability.
And then there's the probably the biggest thing Joe has going for him: the sheer ease of creating a moveset for him. For all intents and purposes, he IS Fighter. We know the a large part in a character getting in is moveset potential, again, I use Robin as my example. Knuckle Joe, I daresay, is full of moveset potential, wouldn't you say, Robby?

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I thought that Queen Sectonia DX was a copy that was created by the Dimension Mirror. Also, Kirby's mirror-world counterpart is technically the only one with "shadow" in his name in Japan.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Didn't that dream die when Dedede smashed it into oblivion and gave himself years of bad luck to come?
Hmm... if anything happens to his inclusion in Smash in the 7 year time span, we'll know why :troll:

So, a character who has appeared in 21 games isn't as common as a character who has appeared in 9? Is that what you're trying to tell me? Is that actually what you're saying?
And Waddle Doo being in more games than Knuckle Joe neither helps nor hurts my argument because we both know that that has little to do with a character getting in. If that were the case, then Robin, R.O.B, Lucina, and so on wouldn't be in Smash, would they Robby?
Hammer is indeed more rare and arguably popular than Fighter, but that's why we have King Dedede. Even so, the fact Kirby incorporates 6 Fighter abilities into moveset should speak for the popularity and versatility of the ability.
And then there's the probably the biggest thing Joe has going for him: the sheer ease of creating a moveset for him. For all intents and purposes, he IS Fighter. We know the a large part in a character getting in is moveset potential, again, I use Robin as my example. Knuckle Joe, I daresay, is full of moveset potential, wouldn't you say, Robby?

Sighs..

Robin - Was pretty much the main character in Fire emblem: Awakening (as far as avatar characters are concerned)

R.O.B. - Represents something ENTIRELY different than a uncommon mook in a franchise. He is another one of the classic/retro characters. (Plus he "Did" have his role in the rebound from the Game crash of 83', so his recognition is... well, kinda a given XD)

Lucina - I hate it when people use this character (and Dark Pit) as an argument. They are clone characters from alternate costumes... They take much less time to make compared to full on fighters. These two would NOT affect the roster one way or another, whether they were in or not. Plain and simple.

Considering these shticks, I hardly see what that has to do with an uncommon enemy in the franchise (whose largest role, at best, if even considered that, was as a helper... along with many other enemies as well...)

Hated to jump in on that but seriously. I don't know why your defending Joe so much. I myself don't hate the fellow, but even I know he isn't that big of a thing in the series... (If he is really as important as you make him out to be, why may I ask hasn't he been playable in any more recent titles?..)

The only place I know of where he has had a considerable role is in the Kirby anime.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Didn't that dream die when Dedede smashed it into oblivion and gave himself years of bad luck to come?
It's really hard to really understand because Dark Meta Knight went inside the portal which SHOULD lead to the real world then Dedede shattered it...So he's trapped in the mirror world WAIT no he isn't...Idk the logic really didn't apply to that section of the game to me.

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
It's really hard to really understand because Dark Meta Knight went inside the portal which SHOULD lead to the real world then Dedede shattered it...So he's trapped in the mirror world WAIT no he isn't...Idk the logic really didn't apply to that section of the game to me.

From what I understand dedede fought sectonia, then fought shadow dedede, went into the mirror world, fought dark meta knight, and then broke the mirror (while in the mirror world).

So yeah. I guess he is stuck there now.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The arena in which you fight Dark Meta Knight is not a part of the actual Mirror World. It is located within the Dimension Mirror itself. Dark Meta Knight was probably sent back to the Mirror World when he was defeated, then Dedede shattered the mirror.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I mean... you went from the Mirror World TO that battle field in Amazing Mirror by going through the mirror. So... Dedede's in the same place Kirby was at the end of that game?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
From what I understand dedede fought sectonia, then fought shadow dedede, went into the mirror world, fought dark meta knight, and then broke the mirror (while in the mirror world).

So yeah. I guess he is stuck there now.
The arena in which you fight Dark Meta Knight is not a part of the actual Mirror World. It is located within the Dimension Mirror itself. Dark Meta Knight was probably sent back to the Mirror World when he was defeated, then Dedede shattered the mirror.
I mean... you went from the Mirror World TO that battle field in Amazing Mirror by going through the mirror. So... Dedede's in the same place Kirby was at the end of that game?
My head hurts.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
If you have Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land or Kirby & The Amazing Mirror in the GBA slot of the Nintendo DS when you beat Kirby Canvas Curse, then you would automatically unlock Waddle Doo. Otherwise, you would need to beat the game with the other four characters in order to do this.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm saying a Knuckle Joe has the same level of screen-time as Waddle Doo does in games they both appear in, the difference being that Waddle Doo appears in many more games than Knuckle Joe. Is not appearing in games is supposed to be a good thing?

They would, actually. Notice that you named main characters of their respective series. Knuckle Joe is not a main character. He is a regular enemy. If he doesn't have an important role in the story, appear often, or even do anything unique (he's not the only enemy with Fighter, you know), then what on earth does he have? Waddle Doo would sooner be the lesser evil of adding a regular enemy into Smash for the reason that he's been around longer and appears in more games. Beyond that, neither of them have any merit towards being playable.

Shouldn't the fact that Kirby already incorporates 6 Fighter moves into his moveset mean that's why we have Kirby? Even so, the fact King Dedede and Kirby incorporate Hammer abilities into their movesets should speak for the popularity and versatility of the ability. Do you see what I did there, or do I have to point out how much of a flip-flop you just made?

If you've ever even played a Kirby game past Squeak Squad, you'd know that every ability-giving enemy has moveset potential. Seriously, name any ability found in Return to Dream Land or Triple Deluxe. Save for obvious one-use abilities like Crash and Mike and one-trick ponies like Hi-Jump and Stone, every single ability already has a base moveset, so having moveset potential is the least bit impressive in a series where most things have moveset potential.

Just stop already. You've won nobody over with your reasoning and people are tired of hearing about Knuckle Joe now. I've been able to either shut down or mimic all your points in my favor. I'm tired of hearing all these subjective reasons, and considering that you were chewing Zero Soul out for having bias against Knuckle Joe, the fact that you've nothing to show but bias for Knuckle Joe at this point frankly has me absolutely disgusted with you for not practicing what you preach. This argument has done nothing but derail the thread for a character that isn't going to be playable. I'm working hard towards tolerating support for characters I don't agree with, but if the opposition only comes with hypocrisy and the inability to keep humbleness in perspective, then they've lost the right to my patience.

If Knuckle Joe wasn't an Assist Trophy, he would have absolutely nothing over the other Kirby enemies. He is a regular Kirby enemy and isn't becoming playable in Smash now or ever. End of conversation.

- - - - -

On a slight pivotal note, if Kirby Fighters expanded into being a full-on Kirby series fighting game, I'd love to see Knuckle Joe playable in that. It'd be a good way to represent characters and abilities all at once.
  • Dedede as Hammer
  • Meta Knight as Sword
  • Bandana Dee as Spear
  • Daroach as Magic
  • Prince Fluff as Whip
  • Rick as Animal
  • Coo as Bird
  • Kine as Water
  • Marx as Circus
  • Shadow Kirby as Mirror
And so on with various Helpers as the other abilities, such as Knuckle Joe as Fighter. Throw in various boss characters with improved versions of abilities, such as Galacta Knight and Magolor, and suddenly we have a new great stamina-based side-scroller fighter like Smash Bros. Why isn't this already a thing?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Didn't Meta Knight invade Dreamland because he thought Dedede was a suck *** ruler of something
He objected to Dream Land's lazy lifestyle. Let's be honest, Dedede probably sets a terrible example in that regard! :laugh:

He most likely will. And he still won't be as important as Bandanna Dee. But to be honest, him coming back with a new theme park would be kickass.
You know, I just realised, Magolor and his theme park engineering could actually legitimately provide the justification for a Kirby Air Ride 2...

You know, Air Ride had a pretty stellar soundtrack.
I'm honestly sad that the City Trial theme isn't in Smash.
It is in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, at least, so it does have a recent remix (and it's a rather good one, at that).

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
On a slight pivotal note, if Kirby Fighters expanded into being a full-on Kirby series fighting game, I'd love to see Knuckle Joe playable in that. It'd be a good way to represent characters and abilities all at once.
  • Dedede as Hammer
  • Meta Knight as Sword
  • Bandana Dee as Spear
  • Daroach as Magic
  • Prince Fluff as Whip
  • Rick as Animal
  • Coo as Bird
  • Kine as Water
  • Marx as Circus
  • Shadow Kirby as Mirror
And so on with various Helpers as the other abilities, such as Knuckle Joe as Fighter. Throw in various boss characters with improved versions of abilities, such as Galacta Knight and Magolor, and suddenly we have a new great stamina-based side-scroller fighter like Smash Bros. Why isn't this already a thing?

SAKURAI! >_< PREASE SAKURAI! ._. (Or current Kirby devs... whatever. lol)

Seriously I would die for someting like that to happen XD

He objected to Dream Land's lazy lifestyle. Let's be honest, Dedede probably sets a terrible example in that regard! :laugh:

You know, I just realised, Magolor and his theme park engineering could actually legitimately provide the justification for a Kirby Air Ride 2...

It is in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe, at least, so it does have a recent remix (and it's a rather good one, at that).

Sorta a "Mags holds a Air Ride tournament in his large themepark for Kirby and friends and may or may not try to destroy them" scenario? XD?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Sorta a "Mags holds a Air Ride tournament in his large themepark for Kirby and friends and may or may not try to destroy them" scenario? XD?
Precisely, yes. Seriously, if such a game were to exist, I would be earmarking the money to buy it right now.

I really enjoyed Air Ride, and it's a shame that, like F-Zero and some others, it's been left at the side of the road (;)) in favour of Mario Kart. This is nothing against Mario Kart, but some variety in these things, which did once exist, would be nice to see again.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Precisely, yes. Seriously, if such a game were to exist, I would be earmarking the money to buy it right now.

I really enjoyed Air Ride, and it's a shame that, like F-Zero and some others, it's been left at the side of the road (;)) in favour of Mario Kart. This is nothing against Mario Kart, but some variety in these things, which did once exist, would be nice to see again.
What I'm "really" surprised hasn't been done yet?

Super Kart Bros. .. lol

I mean sheesh it would be killer to see so many different characters in unique vehicles racing around different nintendo courses :/

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
What I'm "really" surprised hasn't been done yet?

Super Kart Bros. .. lol

I mean sheesh it would be killer to see so many different characters in unique vehicles racing around different nintendo courses :/
Mario Kart Smash is bound to happen eventually. It's only a matter of time. We've already seen the start of what's to come from it.

I'm totally for Kirby or Captain Falcon as the next DLC character, by the way.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Mario Kart Smash is bound to happen eventually. It's only a matter of time. We've already seen the start of what's to come from it.

Most people are expecting Kirby it seems. BDee plz? Maybe in Clay for the hell of it?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

That's the point too. Those DLC racers just show how well the sort of thing would fit.. I know I would snatch it up XD

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm saying a Knuckle Joe has the same level of screen-time as Waddle Doo does in games they both appear in, the difference being that Waddle Doo appears in many more games than Knuckle Joe. Is not appearing in games is supposed to be a good thing?

They would, actually. Notice that you named main characters of their respective series. Knuckle Joe is not a main character. He is a regular enemy. If he doesn't have an important role in the story, appear often, or even do anything unique (he's not the only enemy with Fighter, you know), then what on earth does he have? Waddle Doo would sooner be the lesser evil of adding a regular enemy into Smash for the reason that he's been around longer and appears in more games. Beyond that, neither of them have any merit towards being playable.

Shouldn't the fact that Kirby already incorporates 6 Fighter moves into his moveset mean that's why we have Kirby? Even so, the fact King Dedede and Kirby incorporate Hammer abilities into their movesets should speak for the popularity and versatility of the ability. Do you see what I did there, or do I have to point out how much of a flip-flop you just made?

If you've ever even played a Kirby game past Squeak Squad, you'd know that every ability-giving enemy has moveset potential. Seriously, name any ability found in Return to Dream Land or Triple Deluxe. Save for obvious one-use abilities like Crash and Mike and one-trick ponies like Hi-Jump and Stone, every single ability already has a base moveset, so having moveset potential is the least bit impressive in a series where most things have moveset potential.

Just stop already. You've won nobody over with your reasoning and people are tired of hearing about Knuckle Joe now. I've been able to either shut down or mimic all your points in my favor. I'm tired of hearing all these subjective reasons, and considering that you were chewing Zero Soul out for having bias against Knuckle Joe, the fact that you've nothing to show but bias for Knuckle Joe at this point frankly has me absolutely disgusted with you for not practicing what you preach. This argument has done nothing but derail the thread for a character that isn't going to be playable. I'm working hard towards tolerating support for characters I don't agree with, but if the opposition only comes with hypocrisy and the inability to keep humbleness in perspective, then they've lost the right to my patience.

If Knuckle Joe wasn't an Assist Trophy, he would have absolutely nothing over the other Kirby enemies. He is a regular Kirby enemy and isn't becoming playable in Smash now or ever. End of conversation.
And boom! goes the dynamite. Did I hit a fuse, Robby? Do my words upset you? I'm deeply sorry for getting you so worked up. No, really, I am! Ok, maybe not...
But unless you can see the future, (and if you can, ignore this) you don't have any idea if Knuckle Joe'll be playable or not. If not, oh well. If so, I'll be sure to laugh in your face. I might even through an "I told you so" in for good measure if I'm feeling particularly mean that day. But I'm sure that episode must've tired you out, so fun's over for now, I guess. And with that,
He has a point. I mean, what exactly do the residents of Dream Land do while evil itself is possessing it's king?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And boom! goes the dynamite. Did I hit a fuse, Robby? Do my words upset you? I'm deeply sorry for getting you so worked up. No, really, I am! Ok, maybe not...
But unless you can see the future, (and if you can, ignore this) you don't have any idea if Knuckle Joe'll be playable or not. If not, oh well. If so, I'll be sure to laugh in your face. I might even through an "I told you so" in for good measure if I'm feeling particularly mean that day. But I'm sure that episode must've tired you out, so fun's over for now, I guess. And with that,

He has a point. I mean, what exactly do the residents of Dream Land do while evil itself is possessing it's king?
Please stop arguing, it's not good. :c

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think that we should just ignore the deetractors honestly.
Well one could do that. But then again, without a logical user there to at least try to tackle their erronous/false statements, parrots would inevitably find it, and start parroting it around themselves as fact... which would be worse. lol XD

Just ignoring the problem isn't necessarily a solution.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well one could do that. But then again, without a logical user there to at least try to tackle their erronous/false statements, parrots would inevitably find it, and start parroting it around themselves as fact... which would be worse. lol XD

Just ignoring the problem isn't necessarily a solution.
I think you're right. Maybe corrections are the best solution.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Wow. The only person who actually sounded mad..was you.

But that's my say.

We need to stop arguing.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I think that we should just ignore the deetractors honestly.
As much as I wish we could, if we ignore them, people end up thinking what they say is true, and we don't want that. Our very own @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker wrote a rather helpful guide on how to help with detractors. Annnnd now I just realized how late I am.

Unrelated, but how on Earth does King DeDeDe get out of the mirror world now? Is he stuck there forever because he's an idiot and shattered the exit, or am i misunderstanding something? Imagine if he just straight up never appeared again :laugh:.

Top Bottom