• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Magolor's not evil anymore. It's highly unlikely he'd get in anyway. They'd probably pick Knuckle Joe for a fifth rep.
Magolor's true nature is still up for guesses. Noone really knows if he's a good guy or a bad guy, if you get my drift.

Also, Knuckle Joe's a literal goomba. Literally everything our deetractors think we are. That is Knuckle Joe in a nutshell.

(I also have a deep hatred for Knuckle Joe and everything he stands for, dunno why. Edit: Oh wait, I remember now, some irrelevant enemy gets more attention than the main antagonist of the entire series, why?! Just because he was a assist trophy in Brawl, people assume he's oh so important, more so than even dark matter! It just really grinds my gears, and probably just mine.)

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Magolor's not evil anymore. It's highly unlikely he'd get in anyway. They'd probably pick Knuckle Joe for a fifth rep.
Well, Knuckle Joe is already an assist trophy. Also, unlike Bandana Dee, who is, while a Waddle Dee, still different from other Waddle Dee's, Knuckle Joe doesn't really have anything that separates him from any other Knuckle Joe.

Geez, I just realized. People complain about Bandana Dee being a generic enemy, but look at Knuckle Joe...

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
It's not terrible. It just has the name of his boss wrong and has him slightly confused with Sailor Waddle Dee (and them being the same guy is impossible, since the two do appear together in a cameo role in one game), as far as I can see.

I wholeheartedly agree. This was the first such image I ever saw, so to me it's the canonical example.
It's just don't write an article if you don't know what you're talking about :/

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's just don't write an article if you don't know what you're talking about :/
Yeah, I know what you mean. But, getting people to know these things is part of the purpose of the postings to the Bandana Ballot Blog, isn't it? So, hopefully there'll be less of that in the future.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Magolor's true nature is still up for guesses. Noone really knows if he's a good guy or a bad guy, if you get my drift.

Also, Knuckle Joe's a literal goomba. Literally everything our deetractors think we are. That is Knuckle Joe in a nutshell.
(I also have a deep hatred for Knuckle Joe and everything he stands for, dunno why. )
He built Kirby an amusement park to atone for his past mistakes. I think that at least puts him out of "bad guy" territory.
You're argument against Knuckle Joe is very clearly biased, so I won't even bother.
Well, Knuckle Joe is already an assist trophy. Also, unlike Bandana Dee, who is, while a Waddle Dee, still different from other Waddle Dee's, Knuckle Joe doesn't really have anything that separates him from any other Knuckle Joe.

Geez, I just realized. People complain about Bandana Dee being a generic enemy, but look at Knuckle Joe...
Nontheless, he's still probably the most noteworthy Kirby character besides the quadrio and Dark Matter. The fact that he made it into Brawl as an Assist Trophy means that he has some degree of notability. Plus, he Shoryukens people! He's like Ryu+.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
He built Kirby an amusement park to atone for his past mistakes. I think that at least puts him out of "bad guy" territory.
You're argument against Knuckle Joe is very clearly biased, so I won't even bother.
I think he's best labelled as an Anti-Hero for now, at least until we see more of his actions later in the series.

What bias about Knuckle Joe was there, exactly? Even if he said he specifically has something against Knuckle Joe, he's not wrong about Knuckle Joe being a literal Goomba. Sans for having a significant role in the Kirby anime, what separates him from being just another Waddle Doo or Poppy Bros. Jr.?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

Nontheless, he's still probably the most noteworthy Kirby character besides the quadrio and Dark Matter. The fact that he made it into Brawl as an Assist Trophy means that he has some degree of notability. Plus, he Shoryukens people! He's like Ryu+.
Then what about an unbiased opinion? :drflip:
I wouldn't say that Knuckle Joe is a Goomba
Maybe a Monty mole? :grin:

The majority of his popularity is from the anime and he only appeared on one episode (an important one)
Knuckle Joe is a helper and he'll stay like that
Also Magolor isn't a good or bad guy, he's a jerk
Just a jerk :ohwell:
At least that's how I see him :dr^_^:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think he's best labelled as an Anti-Hero for now, at least until we see more of his actions later in the series.

What bias about Knuckle Joe was there, exactly? Even if he said he specifically has something against Knuckle Joe, he's not wrong about Knuckle Joe being a literal Goomba. Sans for having a significant role in the Kirby anime, what separates him from being just another Waddle Doo or Poppy Bros. Jr.?
Ah, Robby. You hadn't contradicted me in a while, I was beginning to think something was wrong.
I think Magolor seems to genuinely regret his wrongdoings enough to be classified as good. He's not an anti-hero, an anti-hero is someone who is by choice neither good nor evil and does only what benefits him or her. Magolor actively went out of his way to apologize and atone for what he did, and if I remember correctly, the Dream Collection shows that Kirby and Magolor have actually become close friends. Sounds good to me.
As for what bias, if "I also have a deep hatred for Knuckle Joe and everything he stands for" doesn't scream "bias" to you, then I'm worried.

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
I think Bandana Dee & Magolor being announced within the same trailer would be really hype.
Now this this getting REALLY ahead of ourselves though, Bandana Dee is already a concern being he's not in already!
But, I recently re-watched all the Smash Bros. 4 newcomer trailers and I noticed something interesting...!

In movies, when they have their major or most anticipated scene (the climax), they usually follow it up with a more calm and neutral scene afterwards to not totally blow people's heads off, haha.

What I've noticed with the Smash trailers is that, they usually don't stop the hype when the newcomer is announced, making the trailer as hype as it can get!
What I have also noticed is that they cut the ending of the trailer to provide game-play footage in between, which may de-hype the trailer overall, but this isn't really considered a more calm scene because it shows the character's move-set and how much of a threat they can be!

Back to Bandana Dee and Magolor though.
While this is getting VERY ahead of ourselves to have 2 Kirby newcomers announced in one trailer, this is just an idea/concept that would make hype climb over walls upon walls!
The Kirby fan-base hasn't seen a trailer for Smash Bros. 4 that would make them combust into hype, due to the fact that the Mario, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon especially got their fill of hype.

But we're still waiting for something to fill that gap! :)

(This has been mentioned before, but we have been in a gap with news about Kirby lately (besides a rumored stage, but that's not as big as character announcements) but that's about to be over with E3 and the Smash Direct next week! :colorful:

Is anyone else going to watch the directs live? :kirby:

(Also, sorry that my last post was mentioned before and wasn't something that new, but I am glad it interested some of you for potential E3 hype)!

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Then what about an unbiased opinion? I wouldn't say that Knuckle Joe is a Goomba
Maybe a Monty mole? :grin:

The majority of his popularity is from the anime and he only appeared on one episode (an important one)
Knuckle Joe is a helper and he'll stay like that
Also Magolor isn't a good or bad guy, he's a jerk
Just a jerk :ohwell:
At least that's how I see him :dr^_^:
Actually he appeared again as a double crosser to night mare in another episode and the moviee

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Fun fact: Do you know that Bandanna Dee (and Sailor Waddle Dee) made an appearence in Mass Attack?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

(I also have a deep hatred for Knuckle Joe and everything he stands for, dunno why. )

Well lets look at what Joe is packing. We can't really make any real statements otherwise. Thus, I'll do an analysis based on his appearances. Bare in mind, this is going to be DLC for smash.. and PAID DLC at that. Nintendo would more than likely be against the team producing a character that will end up not selling well. (Not to mention the waste of man hours it would be designing them in the first place). I will be putting on my logic cap for this, and think from a logical view.

"Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra
Knuckle Joe is an uncommon enemy in this game, and he appears as the only regular enemy in the game that gives the Fighter ability. As an enemy, Knuckle Joe has several attacks. He may unleash a flurry of Vulcan Jabs, charge up and launch a Smash Punch, or dash forward with three swift punches. If Kirby is above Knuckle Joe, the enemy may jump upward with a Rising Break in an attempt to hit Kirby. As a Helper, Knuckle Joe can use all of the same techniques as Fighter Kirby can, except for Judo Throw. He can also perform Smash Punch underwater, albeit with a much shorter range. A Knuckle Joe with a red outfit appears in Helper to Hero.

Kirby's Super Star Stacker
Knuckle Joe fights Kirby over a star piece in this game. He first beats up Kirby and his friends before the match begins. After being defeated, Knuckle Joe is carted off in bandages by Waddle Dee.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land
In this game, Knuckle Joe behaves like he does in Kirby Super Star, and is a very uncommon enemy, only appearing in a few levels. Like in Kirby Super Star, Knuckle Joe gives the Fighter ability.

Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition
Knuckle Joe appears in the New Challenge Stages in Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition as well. He appears in the Fighter Combat Chamber.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Knuckle Joe appears in this game, sporting all the attacks he had in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition. Knuckle Joe can leap from the background to the foreground (or vice-versa)."

So let me do an analysis on him now that we have this information...

Moveset pool: This is obviously present due to his attacks. I mean he is pretty much the Fighter ability.

Role: Here is where it starts getting iffy.. So far, he has only really appeared as an enemy. (Save for the helper mechanic, where I guess he did "technically" help Kirby, and was controllable by a second player.... but even then, so were a handful of other enemies in those games.) A bit lower than Bandana Dee who has risen for the stars. Especially ironic since he technically debuted in Super star as well as Joe XD

Relevance in the series: While he does appear consistently as an enemy throughout the series, his role still leaves less to be desired..

Overview: Could have a good moveset pool, however he is still an enemy.. one that hasn't really gone beyond simple helper status...

To me this doesn't really stack up well when you consider the competition, which at this point is limited to Bandana Dee, Magolor, and Dark Matter.

I'll do an analysis for these guys too.

Bandana Dee

Moveset pool: Very good. With his trusty spear and cool moves, he could definitely add a fresh style to the kirby line up.

Role: Very good considering his early days as a common arena foe, and the fact he has risen to playable status.

Relevance: Very much so. Appears frequently in recent titles, and have a good, often up front role. (Being supporting/multiplayer)

Dark Matter

Moveset pool: Moderate. Movesets could be pulled from a few of it's boss battles, and from various abilities dark matter has been shown to possess. (Couldn't one instance shoot lightning from it's eye?)

Role: Major. Key threat in Dreamland 2- Kirby 64.

Relevance: Though mostly appearing in minor roles in recent titles, it's influence in the series is still present. Many fans will recognize them.

Magolor

Moveset pool: Magic. Nuff said XD. We don't really have a lot to go on yet, but he seems like he would be a magic based fighter.

Role: Started out as a Villain, but ended up sticking around and seems to be becoming a recurring character. (Surprising since most true villains in the series end up dieing a horrible death when they fight kirby.. lolz)

Relevance: Can't really be judged yet since he is still young. Younger than BDee thats for sure.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
In the SHMUP segment.

Much like how Dark Matter makes an appearance in the RPG.
Yes. It's a shame that that was Sailor Waddle Dee's last appearence though, he would've made an interesting side character, being a Waddle Dee that serves Meta Knight. He'd also make a kickass alternate costume for Bandanna. More interesting than Sword Knight and Blade Knight.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Yes. It's a shame that that was Sailor Waddle Dee's last appearence though, he would've made an interesting side character, being a Waddle Dee that serves Meta Knight. He'd also make a kickass alternate costume for Bandanna. More interesting than Sword Knight and Blade Knight.
YOOO Imagine Bandanna Dee having to fight Sailor Dee

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
That would be kind of askew seeing as how Bandanna Dee has a spear and Sailor is unarmed.
You know... considering how we don't see some of these waddle dee in the same place at one time... Wouldn't it be hilarious if they all ended up being the same waddle dee? XD

Like Sailor Dee, Bandana Dee, and that one waddle dee that helped kirby in Crystal shards ended up all being one in the same character... lolz

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That would be kind of askew seeing as how Bandanna Dee has a spear and Sailor is unarmed.
But BWD is the head of the royal guard, and SWD took part in an attempt overthrow the king. Treasonous whelp's got it coming!* :laugh:

*I jest. I've always liked Sailor Waddle Dee regardless.

You know... considering how we don't see some of these waddle dee in the same place at one time... Wouldn't it be hilarious if they all ended up being the same waddle dee? XD

Like Sailor Dee, Bandana Dee, and that one waddle dee that helped kirby in Crystal shards ended up all being one in the same character... lolz
In fairness, Bandana and Sailor have been seen in the same place together, and we don't (yet?) know for sure that Bandana isn't the one from Kirby 64. ;)

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
But BWD is the head of the royal guard, and SWD took part in an attempt overthrow the king. Treasonous whelp's got it coming!* :laugh:

*I jest. I've always liked Sailor Waddle Dee regardless.

In fairness, Bandana and Sailor have been seen in the same place together, and we don't (yet?) know for sure that Bandana isn't the one from Kirby 64. ;)
Ya know, I have to wonder. Did Dedede ever know or find out that Meta Knight was attempting to overthrow him? He never gives any indication, and I'd like to see what Dedede would do if he found out.

Regardless, Meta Knight would have it coming...

Burruni

Smash Hero
ATTACK!
Have a character you want #Smashified? What would their slogan be for their Splash Screen?
Game Over - Return of Ganon!
Bandana Dee Waddles In!
Inklings Inkvade the Battlefield! (better tagline)
Isaac Rocks the Scene!
Shantae is Ret-2-Go!
King K. Rool Konquers the Battle! (better tagline)
Donbe & Hikari exercise their exorcisms!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think Bandana Dee & Magolor being announced within the same trailer would be really hype.
Now this this getting REALLY ahead of ourselves though, Bandana Dee is already a concern being he's not in already!
But, I recently re-watched all the Smash Bros. 4 newcomer trailers and I noticed something interesting...!

In movies, when they have their major or most anticipated scene (the climax), they usually follow it up with a more calm and neutral scene afterwards to not totally blow people's heads off, haha.

What I've noticed with the Smash trailers is that, they usually don't stop the hype when the newcomer is announced, making the trailer as hype as it can get!
What I have also noticed is that they cut the ending of the trailer to provide game-play footage in between, which may de-hype the trailer overall, but this isn't really considered a more calm scene because it shows the character's move-set and how much of a threat they can be!

Back to Bandana Dee and Magolor though.
While this is getting VERY ahead of ourselves to have 2 Kirby newcomers announced in one trailer, this is just an idea/concept that would make hype climb over walls upon walls!
The Kirby fan-base hasn't seen a trailer for Smash Bros. 4 that would make them combust into hype, due to the fact that the Mario, Fire Emblem, and Pokemon especially got their fill of hype.

But we're still waiting for something to fill that gap! :)

(This has been mentioned before, but we have been in a gap with news about Kirby lately (besides a rumored stage, but that's not as big as character announcements) but that's about to be over with E3 and the Smash Direct next week! :colorful:

Is anyone else going to watch the directs live? :kirby:

(Also, sorry that my last post was mentioned before and wasn't something that new, but I am glad it interested some of you for potential E3 hype)!
Please let this be a thing!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I think Magolor seems to genuinely regret his wrongdoings enough to be classified as good. He's not an anti-hero, an anti-hero is someone who is by choice neither good nor evil and does only what benefits him or her. Magolor actively went out of his way to apologize and atone for what he did, and if I remember correctly, the Dream Collection shows that Kirby and Magolor have actually become close friends. Sounds good to me.
By the Anti-Hero definition I used earlier to list every single Smash character into 6 categories, having experience as willingly being both an Antagonist and a Secondary Protagonist would make him more akin to being an Anti-Hero. His actions were to premeditatedly take over Kirby's universe, something antagonistic outright. His form of an apology was to provide extra challenges for Kirby, albeit not malicious ones, which is hardly something that "atones" for that cosmic scale of evil.

An Anti-Hero is, by the definition of TV Tropes, "A hero that lacks the proper traits of a hero." If he is not a villain outright anymore, then that would make him more akin to being a hero, at least in an attempt to be an actual hero the way he made himself out to be during the actual events of Return to Dream Land. At the same time, despite being a supposed newfound hero, when he and Kirby begin to race, he holds nothing back in using his magic to summon enemies and deadly obstacles right in front of Kirby on top of trying to directly harm him with blasts of energy and fire. Either way you go about it, with my definitions or theirs, Magolor does not display the traits of a true protagonist. Since he no longer falls under the category as a true antagonist, that leaves him towards being an Anti-Hero.

You can of course make your own definition of anti-hero whatever you want, but that isn't going to make it accurate. No less against mine that has done its job to help efficiently label 50+ characters or TV Tropes' that has been studied and compiled after hundreds of man-hours of editing.
As for what bias, if "I also have a deep hatred for Knuckle Joe and everything he stands for" doesn't scream "bias" to you, then I'm worried.
You clearly missed what I was asking entirely.

Regardless of his bias, what makes his answer biased? As in, if I told you the exact same thing while saying I have no special fondness nor hatred towards Knuckle Joe, would that make me biased as well?
Nothing about that stands out as "I hate Knuckle Joe", meaning I'm asking what about that statement seems biased. If you're saying it's not worth heeding simply because the guy who said it admitted to his bias, I think you've a lot more to be worried about yourself than you give credit for.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
By the Anti-Hero definition I used earlier to list every single Smash character into 6 categories, having experience as willingly being both an Antagonist and a Secondary Protagonist would make him more akin to being an Anti-Hero. His actions were to premeditatedly take over Kirby's universe, something antagonistic outright. His form of an apology was to provide extra challenges for Kirby, albeit not malicious ones, which is hardly something that "atones" for that cosmic scale of evil.

An Anti-Hero is, by the definition of TV Tropes, "A hero that lacks the proper traits of a hero." If he is not a villain outright anymore, then that would make him more akin to being a hero, at least in an attempt to be an actual hero the way he made himself out to be during the actual events of Return to Dream Land. At the same time, despite being a supposed newfound hero, when he and Kirby begin to race, he holds nothing back in using his magic to summon enemies and deadly obstacles right in front of Kirby on top of trying to directly harm him with blasts of energy and fire. Either way you go about it, with my definitions or theirs, Magolor does not display the traits of a true protagonist. Since he no longer falls under the category as a true antagonist, that leaves him towards being an Anti-Hero.

You can of course make your own definition of anti-hero whatever you want, but that isn't going to make it accurate. No less against mine that has done its job to help efficiently label 50+ characters or TV Tropes' that has been studied and compiled after hundreds of man-hours of editing.

Regardless of his bias, what makes his answer biased? As in, if I told you the exact same thing while saying I have no special fondness nor hatred towards Knuckle Joe, would that make me biased as well?

Nothing about that stands out as "I hate Knuckle Joe", meaning I'm asking what about that statement seems biased. If you're saying it's not worth heeding simply because the guy who said it admitted to his bias, I think you've a lot more to be worried about yourself than you give credit for.
He might not be a villian, but he isn't an anti-hero
As you said an anti-hero is "A hero that lacks the proper traits of a hero."
But the thing is, that Magolor isn't a hero
I'm sure that there would be better tropes to relate him
Maybe Jerk with a Heart of Jerk?
Magolor isn't any kind of hero, he betrayed Kirby and now he is just messing around
Heck, he even is a stage hazard in the already difficult CROWNED stage on Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe :drflip:
you little *****
Magolor isn't a hero, an anti-hero, a villian or an anti-villian
He is a JERK
Just a jerk

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Magolor isn't any kind of hero, he betrayed Kirby and now he is just messing around
Heck, he even is a stage hazard in the already difficult CROWNED stage on Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe :drflip:
you little *****
He is a JERK
Just a jerk
The face in that pic.. lol

Either way, be him a hero, anti-hero, a villian, an anti-villain, or just a jerk...

He's a surprisingly lovable jerk at least XD

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You forgot the part where he built an amusement park for no reason other than to attempt to make up for what he did.
He's definitely not a hero, I never said he was. I said he was good. As in, "not evil." Anti-hero is bad word choice because he leans more towards the good side and doesn't drift in between. A better term would be neutral, since he's undoubtedly not evil, but also not a hero.
Then word it better.
No. If you had no fondness nor hatred towards Knuckle Joe and told me what he said, I would not call you biased, because you'd be speaking objectively, without your feelings clouding your answer.

I think you've a lot more to be worried about yourself than you give credit for.
Ha, please. I have absolutely no reason to worry about myself. I'm fine. You on the other hand, I'm worried for if you think that admitting to being biased makes you not biased.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
You forgot the part where he built an amusement park for no reason other than to attempt to make up for what he did.
He's definitely not a hero, I never said he was. I said he was good. As in, "not evil." Anti-hero is bad word choice because he leans more towards the good side and doesn't drift in between. A better term would be neutral, since he's undoubtedly not evil, but also not a hero.

Then word it better.

No. If you had no fondness nor hatred towards Knuckle Joe and told me what he said, I would not call you biased, because you'd be speaking objectively, without your feelings clouding your answer.

Ha, please. I have absolutely no reason to worry about myself. I'm fine. You on the other hand, I'm worried for if you think that admitting to being biased makes you not biased.
Admitting to bias isn't really all that bad, considering.

Especially when most other people who detract parade their bias/opinions around like it's fact... -_-. I give the user props for admitting to their hate for the character at least. As not many do..

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Admitting to bias isn't really all that bad, considering.

Especially when most other people who detract parade their bias/opinions around like it's fact... -_-. I give the user props for admitting to their hate for the character at least. As not many do..
That still doesn't make it better. Bias is bias, short and sweet. Whether or not you admit to it makes no difference. Admitting it just makes it easier to dismiss whatever the biased person was saying, cause obviously, there's no point in arguing with someone who's biased.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Don't we all have bias, in some way shape or form? It would be a lie if I said I'm unbiased or for that matter, anyone's unbiased. The trick is to minimize the amount of bias influencing your argument, not completely remove it (it's impossible to be completely unbiased, I'm pretty darn sure of it). Also, if my bias is influencing my argument, it should be weak enough at that point to be simply shot down with minimal effort, like say if Knuckle Joe actually was a main character for the sake of demonstration you could simply state "False, Knuckle Joe is a main character, and not some generic enemy, blablablablabityblabla explanation, this is why your opinion is falsly founded, etc". Now obviously I have pretty heavy bias here, but is it actually showing in my argument, or even a part of it? If it is feel free to point it out.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Don't we all have bias, in some way shape or form? It would be a lie if I said I'm unbiased or for that matter, anyone's unbiased. The trick is to minimize the amount of bias influencing your argument, not completely remove it (it's impossible to be completely unbiased, I'm pretty darn sure of it). Also, if my bias is influencing my argument, it should be weak enough at that point to be simply shot down with minimal effort, like say if Knuckle Joe actually was a main character for the sake of demonstration you could simply state "False, Knuckle Joe is a main character, and not some generic enemy, blablablablabityblabla explanation, this is why your opinion is falsly founded, etc". Now obviously I have pretty heavy bias here, but is it actually showing in my argument, or even a part of it? If it is feel free to point it out.
You're not clear, which side is your argument?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Then word it better.

Then again..I don't think anyone would go through a change of heart like that..He tricked Kirby and friends, Went to go destroy Popstar, Once defeated he somehow escaped to the end of the world to....build an amusement park who is this guy Dr. Robotnik I feel Magolor may be planning something again with that evil of a mind and having a friend who Kirby killed I'm pretty sure he has something else under his sleeve he is waiting to unleash...

Btw I really don't like Magolor

Come on guys, we are coming here not to argue but to be friends don't let this Assist Trophy tear us apart.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
You're not clear, which side is your argument?
I'm so sorry, I don't think I understand your question? Do you mean I wasn't clear on which whether I believe we're all biased or my opinion on Knuckle Joe and his inclusion? Sorry, my English is pretty terrible despite it being my native language :laugh:. I apologize in advance if it's hard to understand my writing, because once again, I'm not very good at it.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ya know, I have to wonder. Did Dedede ever know or find out that Meta Knight was attempting to overthrow him? He never gives any indication, and I'd like to see what Dedede would do if he found out.

Regardless, Meta Knight would have it coming...
Oh man, I never thought of it like that! My assumption is that there must at least have been some bad blood between them at some point in order for them to go from being good friends, circa Kirby's Adventure, to Meta Knight deciding to overthrow Dedede later on. But this guess doesn't even touch on whether or not Dedede actually knew.

Either way, I don't think I would ever choose to trust Meta Knight very much! :laugh:

you little *****
He is a JERK
Just a jerk
He's not only a stage hazard, there, but it's also been stated that he built the drum courses for Dedede, too. And after everything, there he is looking all smug about making a nuisance of himself in that particular stage, too!

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh man, I never thought of it like that! My assumption is that there must at least have been some bad blood between them at some point in order for them to go from being good friends, circa Kirby's Adventure, to Meta Knight deciding to overthrow Dedede later on. But this guess doesn't even touch on whether or not Dedede actually knew.

Either way, I don't think I would ever choose to trust Meta Knight very much! :laugh:
Well Metaknight did have some reasoning behind wanting to take over dreamland. He viewed dreamland as having a "lazy lifestyle". The way King Dedede tends to "rule" the kingdom doesn't help either XD..

Whether or not he would have been a good ruler, well thats up for debate.

Top Bottom