• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

I'm gonna bs honest. I'm optimistic. I'm hoping it turns out better.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

I thought the Sonic Boom for 3DS was decent. However, the Wii U version was horrible. Too. Many. Glitches. Fire and Ice seems a little better, but I'm sure fans are trying to find some way to complain about it. Until I see more gameplay, I'm not stopping them.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Well, I made a short story summarizing some incidents in Smash Bros. It's about what would happen if Bandana Dee got in. I'm still editing, but when I'm done, you could put it on the Bandana Brigade site if you want. Here it is:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16FHysOKcbSvztGhuEpikbKbWJNjf4zp8QfarNNFgNWM/edit
Erm.

Besides not really seeing where it would fit in with the campaign's website, I'm not able to view it... Nothing against the story, but where exactly would it fall under in our 5-day schedule?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I thought the Sonic Boom for 3DS was decent. However, the Wii U version was horrible. Too. Many. Glitches. Fire and Ice seems a little better, but I'm sure fans are trying to find some way to complain about it. Until I see more gameplay, I'm not stopping them.

Here's what I understand from the data we have.

Take Shattered Crystal (the 3DS Boom)

Make the levels better alligned for speeding through with specific side areas to be challenges for collectables.
Collectables unlock rewards but are not needed to progress through the game.
Amy's playable with her hammer to pound down certain items.
Fire & Ice gimmick for certain platform types and may be specific moves for characters.
More Bosses
More fleshed out (local) Multiplayer
Shorter but more abundant levels.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I still want to know what the **** was going through they're heads when they decided that the worst selling Sonic game yet needed a sequel. How bout a sequel to a good game? What about Silver? Nobody would've complained about a Silver the Hedgehog game.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I still want to know what the **** was going through they're heads when they decided that the worst selling Sonic game yet needed a sequel. How bout a sequel to a good game? What about Silver? Nobody would've complained about a Silver the Hedgehog game.
You are higher than Sky Palace Zone.

Boom's duology is the worst selling conjunction of Sonic releases (less than a million combined) next to I think the Rivals games on the PSP.

That said, there have been 4 spin-off Sonic titles where a side character got the main role.

Only Knuckles' Chaotix is redeemable.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You are higher than Sky Palace Zone.

Boom's duology is the worst selling conjunction of Sonic releases (less than a million combined) next to I think the Rivals games on the PSP.

That said, there have been 4 spin-off Sonic titles where a side character got the main role.

Only Knuckles' Chaotix is redeemable.
What would be wrong with Silver the Hedgehog? He's a very interesting and mysterious character, and as much as Sonic fans ***** about continuity and plot, you'd think they would welcome some backstory to how Silver and Blaze met.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
What would be wrong with Silver the Hedgehog? He's a very interesting and mysterious character, and as much as Sonic fans ***** about continuity and plot, you'd think they would welcome some backstory to how Silver and Blaze met.
Nah. Their too busy arguing over Sonic's eye color... :troll:

Just kidding lol. I think it would be interesting to see some Silver backstory too. Just as long as they toned down the IT'S NO USE line... XD

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
What about Silver? Nobody would've complained about a Silver the Hedgehog game.
So you want Sonic '06 again, but with all the Sonic and Shadow segments replaced with more Silver? :scared:

If you want Sonic Team to make a good game, just ask them to collaborate with HAL to make a new Kirby game, only leave Sonic Team to do nothing but work on the levels that recommend the Wheel ability... Or better yet, to just fund HAL for it while they stay far away from making anything.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Popularity, specifically a lack of it accompanied with how detested his gameplay was in the only main game he's playable in

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
So you want Sonic '06 again, but with all the Sonic and Shadow segments replaced with more Silver? :scared:

If you want Sonic Team to make a good game, just ask them to collaborate with HAL to make a new Kirby game, only leave Sonic Team to do nothing but work on the levels that recommend the Wheel ability... Or better yet, to just fund HAL for it while they stay far away from making anything.
Sonic 06 was to me, an example of a "What could have been" title... if you look at the gameplay mechanics, looking through the cheesy lines, and the crap ton of glitches, one can recognize a bit of Adventure gameplay.. I mean they even have the rail grinding segments. I honestly still think that this was our Sonic Adventure 3 title... but I like to believe that it ended up being rushed by Microbutt (back when the game was being just released for the 360), and the team lost interest in the project.. and we got the "masterpiece" we all know of today XD. At least they tried to fix some of the glitches in the ports... but even then the damage was still done.

Popularity, specifically a lack of it accompanied with how detested his gameplay was in the only main game he's playable in
I've seen some funny gameplay with that character... I love how you can practically fly with him XD

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So you want Sonic '06 again, but with all the Sonic and Shadow segments replaced with more Silver?
No, I want a FINISHED game with actual physics and hopefully a revamping of Silver's psychokinesis so that's it's not so inconsistent. "I bet you'd like to fly around the Crisis City sky at high speeds right? Nope, cutscene only!"
And yet Shadow is still popular, despite his game putting the "buggy" in "buggy." After 2006, no other character became playable in a mainstream game, not just Silver.
Nah. Their too busy arguing over Sonic's eye color... :troll:

Just kidding lol. I think it would be interesting to see some Silver backstory too. Just as long as they toned down the IT'S NO USE line... XD
"ZOMG SANIC'S ARMS R BLUE RUINED 4EVER!"

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Erm.

Besides not really seeing where it would fit in with the campaign's website, I'm not able to view it... Nothing against the story, but where exactly would it fall under in our 5-day schedule?
Well, I thought I could make short stories about Bandana Dee and his uniqueness. I was also thinking about maybe expanding the 5-day schedule? Post those short stories on Story-Telling Saturday's? If that's possible, however. Finally, what's your google drive username? I may be able to send it to you. If I can't let you in on it in google drive, you can always look at it on FanFiction.net. Just look up my username there. Hypernovaguy64. If you see me, just ignore my Kirby Triple Deluxe Fanfiction. I'll try to see if I can post my Bandana Dee stories on other sites as well.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I really hate to look at Sonic 06 to be truthfully honest.. not because it's bad, but because it "COULD" have been a good game if the circumstances were right...

I mean take out and fix the bugs and glitches, cut down on the annoying load times, make the convoluted story easier to follow (and liven up the hub world for that matter and make it easier to navigate through), and we would have had a good game.. (Also it could have been good if there were a chao garden. The game would have been SO much better with a chao garden.. XD ..What? I miss those. ._.)
I mean the best thing to compare it to would be the first Sonic Adventure. Like 06, It had hub world(s), stages you enter from those hub worlds, and multiple character campaigns... in fact in that regard they are fairly similar.. I mean 06 even tried to throw back to the whale chase in that game too soooo... (Of course we already know the things that made that title better than 06 XD)

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think a "Sonic the Hedgehog DX," so to speak, wouldn't be such a bad idea. It'd be a better idea than a sequel to the game that JUST sold 700,000 copies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
No, I want a FINISHED game with actual physics and hopefully a revamping of Silver's psychokinesis so that's it's not so inconsistent. "I bet you'd like to fly around the Crisis City sky at high speeds right? Nope, cutscene only!"

And yet Shadow is still popular, despite his game putting the "buggy" in "buggy." After 2006, no other character became playable in a mainstream game, not just Silver.

"ZOMG SANIC'S ARMS R BLUE RUINED 4EVER!"
Shadow's game came after the height of popularity in the SA2 to bring him back from the dead for Heroes, which was far greater than Silver has hit. That's kind of the difference.

And the point is that Silver was introduced in the main line game that ENDED multiple characters being played, which isn't optimistic for him getting a single title.

Also, didn't Metal Sonic get his own DLC story for Sonic 4 Episode 2?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Shadow's game came after the height of popularity in the SA2 to bring him back from the dead for Heroes, which was far greater than Silver has hit. That's kind of the difference.

And the point is that Silver was introduced in the main line game that ENDED multiple characters being played, which isn't optimistic for him getting a single title.

Also, didn't Metal Sonic get his own DLC story for Sonic 4 Episode 2?
If by that you mean "rehash of Episode 1 with no different physics or level design," then yes.
Silver himself has never received any real negative reception. He's definitely established himself as a main character, since he appears in pretty much any game that the not-Team-Sonic characters have appeared in. He was popular enough to be in both Rivals games, so he's classified as a rival of Sonic. I don't see the harm in a Silver game. He, Amy, Knuckles and Metal Sonic are the only main characters who haven't starred on their own game. No, I'm not counting Episode Metal.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I really hate to look at Sonic 06 to be truthfully honest.. not because it's bad, but because it "COULD" have been a good game if the circumstances were right...

I mean take out and fix the bugs and glitches, cut down on the annoying load times, make the convoluted story easier to follow (and liven up the hub world for that matter and make it easier to navigate through), and we would have had a good game.. (Also it could have been good if there were a chao garden. The game would have been SO much better with a chao garden.. XD ..What? I miss those. ._.)
I mean the best thing to compare it to would be the first Sonic Adventure. Like 06, It had hub world(s), stages you enter from those hub worlds, and multiple character campaigns... in fact in that regard they are fairly similar.. I mean 06 even tried to throw back to the whale chase in that game too soooo... (Of course we already know the things that made that title better than 06 XD)
Even with Nintendo-level polishing, the game was still a mess. As a Game Designer, I'm appalled when I look at the level design and see things like inconsistent progression (no linear-level-games like Sonic should be remotely easy to get lost in) and hazards that cheat players out of lives simply for being their first run of the level (lack of forewarning and a terrible camera play towards that). Quality control is one thing, but the design itself was faulty on principle alone as well. It COULD have been good, but that hypothetical works if you describe it as a different game altogether (at which point you're just better off marketing it as a brand new game altogether with all the changes required otherwise).

Though in hindsight, what on earth does any of this have to do with the Kirby series...?
Well, I thought I could make short stories about Bandana Dee and his uniqueness. I was also thinking about maybe expanding the 5-day schedule? Post those short stories on Story-Telling Saturday's? If that's possible, however. Finally, what's your google drive username? I may be able to send it to you. If I can't let you in on it in google drive, you can always look at it on FanFiction.net. Just look up my username there. Hypernovaguy64. If you see me, just ignore my Kirby Triple Deluxe Fanfiction. I'll try to see if I can post my Bandana Dee stories on other sites as well.
You can just post a link to it on FanFiction, could you not?

Either way... "Story-telling" has nothing to do with getting a character into Smash Bros. It would be about a character getting into Smash Bros., but between being not being source material to write an editorial with, not familiarizing anyone with the absolute canon of Smash or Kirby, and not acting as a fan-project the likes of which the world has never seen before, I feel like it's not something fitting to the campaign's direction... Sorry. I'll look forward to your story nonetheless, but it's not something I'm going to want to use as content for a campaign meant to educate and recruit first and foremost.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I have Zero knowledge when it comes to Sonic, but

According to the Sonic Yoshi, Sonic has green eyes :awesome:
Also, Why are we talking about Sonic? :drwtf:
I like all the "Fire and Ice" thing BTW

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Waves Arms! Guys...Bandanna Dee thread...anyone?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was actually thinking of Bandanna Dee theories this morning (I'm not posting this till now because I was at the beach all day :awesome:)

This theory has actually been brought up a few times.

It's the Missing Waddle Dee trophy theory

It's incredibly interesting to me

Parasol Waddle Dee got a trophy but...Waddle Dee didn't..That's weird...especially after Waddle Dees have gotten trophies in every game trophies have been included

3ds (Parasol Waddle Dee):

Melee:

Brawl:

But NO normal Waddle Dee?

Could this potentially be HINTING at Bandanna Dee?

HOWEVER

Sakurai didn't even include a Bandanna Dee trophy

This could be because he would possibly name him Waddle Dee and people would confuse A normal Waddle Dee with Bandanna Dee (Which could destroy this theory.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok That's all for now.

BUT SERIOUSLY STAY BANDANNA DEE RELATED :/

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Please, I think we've earned the right to derail a bit after the work we've been doing. But the last thing I want to talk about ever again is Sonic Boom. If we're going to talk about Sonic, can we at least talk about GOOD Sonic?
I have Zero knowledge when it comes to Sonic, but

According to the Sonic Yoshi, Sonic has green eyes :awesome:
Also, Why are we talking about Sonic? :drwtf:
I like all the "Fire and Ice" thing BTW
In hindsight, the fact that the Sonicheads are arguing about eye color is really ****ing stupid.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Heya, Bandanna Dee fans. I've returned in the hype for E3 to inform you that, although I do think Bandanna Dee has potential, there are still a million other Kirby characters I'd rather play as. ( *cough* *cough* Magolor *cough* )

*not sarcasm*

That having been said, I've come up with a theoretical moveset for our bandanna-boi. Just bare in mind that it's mostly based on the representation he could give to generic Kirby enemies across the board.
:troll:

I'd like to say beforehand that I don't think we'll get any Kirby DLC characters. Kirby is popular, but not popular enough to be worth programming an extra character to put in a Nintendo all-star fighter, if we're being honest. In proportion to popularity, DK is the franchise most in need of a newcomer. And there are so many other popular characters (including other Kirby characters IMO) deserving of a place on the roster. I'd say BD will get in Smash five, but I honestly, truthfully, and wholeheartedly believe that if Mags is in one more Kirby game between now and the start of Smash five's development, then his position as the fourth Kirby rep is sealed. But I don't think either will get in Smash four. That's not to crush your hopes; just being logical about it.

Now onto the moveset.

:GCN::GCA:
His standard could be a simple Spear Thrust. Pushing the button again would cause him to turn three-hundred sixty and do another thrust. The combo could have two finishers. For the simple push-push-push finisher, he could deviate from the thrust stereotype and do an arching slash with decent range and reasonable knockback. The rapid-tap finisher could simply be Multispear Attack.

:GCR::GCA:
A horizontal slash. Has better range and knockback than his standards, but deals less damage.

:GCU::GCA:
He swings his spear around above his head, similar to Villagers up-tilt, only with much more range. To balance this, it will trap less easily and deal less knockback.

:GCD::GCA:
A simple low thrust of the spear. Reasonably good vertical knockback.

:GCR::GCR::GCA:
Spear Throw. Good range. Better knockback. I can hear the complaints already. "Spear Throw is OP." "When are they gonna nerf Spear Throw?" "How the hell did I just lose to a Goomba with a headband? **** Spear Throw!" *rage quits* Every character has a move like this.
Every character needs a move like this. :troll:

Smash attacks should have insane reach but narrow hitboxes.

:GCCR:
A glorified version of Spear Thrust with better reach and more narrow hitbox.

:GCCU:
Skyward Thrust. Nruff said. (get it? Nruff said?)

:GCCD:
A lower, less glorified version of Spear Thrust with lower hitbox followed by a Back Thrust. Back Thrust is slower than most two-sided down-smashes, but not as slow as Ike's.

Aerials should follow general procedure.

:GCX::GCN::GCA:
He could simply spin while holding his spear perpendicular to him. As expected of the tipper quality, getting hit by the tip does more damage and knockback than getting hit by the shaft. It's all dependent on which side of the attack hits you.

:GCX::GCR::GCA:
Something akin to Spear Throw. (only he doesn't actually throw his spear. (Wat:psycho:) )

Or

Spear Barrage. Plz Sakuri.

:GCX::GCU::GCA:
A glorified aerial Skyward Thrust with better knockback. So you can jump-n-kill.

:GCX::GCD::GCA:
Moon Drop. Complete with high knockback and dropping effect.

:GCX::GCL::GCA:
Two handed aerial Back Thrust. Not as much range as the norm. Kills at unreasonably low percentages.

Throws will follow the normal small and round trend.

:GCZ::GCA:
Butts with his spear shaft. Or chokes if you wanna be violent.

:GCZ::GCR:
Arm Throw. Only with spear shaft instead of arm.

:GCZ::GCL:
Judo Throw because I'm boring. Throws a spear at the thrown victim for extra damage and knockback. The kill throw.

:GCZ::GCD:
Lets face it. Fury Stomp is just too awesome.

:GCZ::GCU:
Catapults the victim upward with his spear. Because these throws need to involve more spear somehow.

And now, the part you've all been waiting for. The defining moves.

:GCN::GCB:
You come up with something. You guys are smart.

:GCR::GCB:
Can't include a Waddle Dee in Smash without referencing how good they are about always remembering their umbrellas. Parasol Drill fits the bill. It would work similarly to Meta Knight's Drill Rush, only it can't be turned, and doesn't travel quite as far. Unlike the Parasol Drill we all love and know, this version keeps him at a constant altitude, making for a good recovery move. Given it's nature as such, he will be left in a helpless state after using it in the air. However, similar to Peach's Peach Parasol, he would be able to break in and out of a parachute state after using it in the air.

That's not it though. Like Lucario's Force Palm, this move can grab when used at grabbing distance, and when it does, it works more similarly to Circus Throw, trapping his opponents inescapably for the duration of the attack, and having a high damage output. Using the Circus Throw variation up close in the air won't leave him in a helpless state, and will actually give him a bit of altitude, furthering it's usefulness as a recovery move.

:GCU::GCB:
Spear Copter. Unless you can think of something better. :p Works just like it does in RTDL and TD, trapping opponents for as long as they prove incompetent at sufficient struggling. No killing knockback at the end. That would just be annoying.

:GCD::GCB:
****ING MEGATON PUNCH.
You can't not put this in his moveset. It's not just the perfect callback to BD's roots. It is the apex of awesome punches. It makes the Falcon Punch look like a baby flicking a ten ton block of steel with his pinky. It supercedes Warlock Punch and the Hammer Flip combined by over nine-thousand. Not putting the Megaton punch in BD's moveset is like denying the existence of Chuck Norris. Either scenario, he will find you. And he will Megaton Roundhouse you.

Okay I'm done. It would be a chargeable attack with similar properties to Ike's Eruption, only the attack wouldn't travel upward. It's hitbox would work similarly to DK's Hand Slap, being almost exclusively grounded. Initiating the attack in the air, regardless of how charged it is, will send BD straight down to the ground. Opponents who get caught under the punch itself will

FINAL SMASH
As for the Final Smash, I'd say that the best thing at the moment would be Dedede Robot (HR-D3). It'd come floating down in the background, BD would jump in, and then it'd fly up, land on the stage, and crush whoever was unlucky enough to be standing there at the moment. It would then proceed to do a rabid-jab punch combo followed by a drill attack, and it would finish up with a big laser fired from the cannon in it's chest.

Or I could be boring and go with Kabula. Not sure how that'd work anyway. :p

I'm probably going to follow this thread a little more closely than before. RST is too :psycho:, and MKST is too non-existant, so I need some breathing room.

UPDATE: SPOILERED FOR BETTER ORGANIZATION.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm going to tear into that post later, but right now, it reminds me. Chandy, do you mind putting that moveset I made into the OP? Just cause.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Heya, Bandanna Dee fans. I've returned in the hype for E3 to inform you that, although I do think Bandanna Dee has potential, there are still a million other Kirby characters I'd rather play as. ( *cough* *cough* Magolor *cough* )

*not sarcasm*

That having been said, I've come up with a theoretical moveset for our bandanna-boi. Just bare in mind that it's mostly based on the representation he could give to generic Kirby enemies across the board.

I'd like to say beforehand that I don't think we'll get any Kirby DLC characters. Kirby is popular, but not popular enough to be worth programming an extra character to put in a Nintendo all-star fighter, if we're being honest. In proportion to popularity, DK is the franchise most in need of a newcomer. And there are so many other popular characters (including other Kirby characters IMO) deserving of a place on the roster. I'd say BD will get in Smash five, but I honestly, truthfully, and wholeheartedly believe that if Mags is in one more Kirby game between now and the start of Smash five's development, then his position as the fourth Kirby rep is sealed. But I don't think either will get in Smash four. That's not to crush your hopes; just being logical about it.

Now onto the moveset.

His standard could be a simple Spear Thrust. Pushing the button again would cause him to turn three-hundred sixty and do another thrust. The combo could have two finishers. For the simple push-push-push finisher, he could deviate from the thrust stereotype and do an arching slash with decent range and reasonable knockback. The rapid-tap finisher could simply be Multispear Attack.

A horizontal slash. Has better range and knockback than his standards, but deals less damage.

He swings his spear around above his head, similar to Villagers up-tilt, only with much more range. To balance this, it will trap less easily and deal less knockback.

Spear Throw. Good range. Better knockback. I can hear the complaints already. "Spear Throw is OP." "When are they gonna nerf Spear Throw?" "How the hell did I just lose to a Goomba with a headband? **** Spear Throw!" *rage quits* Every character has a move like this.

A lower, less glorified version of Spear Thrust with lower hitbox followed by a Back Thrust. Back Thrust is slower than most two-sided down-smashes, but not as slow as Ike's.

He could simply spin while holding his spear perpendicular to him. As expected of the tipper quality, getting hit by the tip does more damage and knockback than getting hit by the shaft. It's all dependent on which side of the attack hits you.

Something akin to Spear Throw. (only he doesn't actually throw his spear. (Wat:psycho:) )

Or

A glorified aerial Skyward Thrust with better knockback. So you can jump-n-kill.

Two handed aerial Back Thrust. Not as much range as the norm. Kills at unreasonably low percentages.

Judo Throw because I'm boring. Throws a spear at the thrown victim for extra damage and knockback. The kill throw.

Catapults the victim upward with his spear. Because these throws need to involve more spear somehow.

Can't include a Waddle Dee in Smash without referencing how good they are about always remembering their umbrellas. Parasol Drill fits the bill. It would work similarly to Meta Knight's Drill Rush, only it can't be turned, and doesn't travel quite as far. Unlike the Parasol Drill we all love and know, this version keeps him at a constant altitude, making for a good recovery move. Given it's nature as such, he will be left in a helpless state after using it in the air. However, similar to Peach's Peach Parasol, he would be able to break in and out of a parachute state after using it in the air.

That's not it though. Like Lucario's Force Palm, this move can grab when used at grabbing distance, and when it does, it works more similarly to Circus Throw, trapping his opponents inescapably for the duration of the attack, and having a high damage output. Using the Circus Throw variation up close in the air won't leave him in a helpless state, and will actually give him a bit of altitude, furthering it's usefulness as a recovery move.

Spear Copter. Unless you can think of something better. :p Works just like it does in RTDL and TD, trapping opponents for as long as they prove incompetent at sufficient struggling. No killing knockback at the end. That would just be annoying.

****ING MEGATON PUNCH.
You can't not put this in his moveset. It's not just the perfect callback to BD's roots. It is the apex of awesome punches. It makes the Falcon Punch look like a baby flicking a ten ton block of steel with his pinky. It supercedes Warlock Punch and the Hammer Flip combined by over nine-thousand. Not putting the Megaton punch in BD's moveset is like denying the existence of Chuck Norris. Either scenario, he will find you. And he will Megaton Roundhouse you.

Okay I'm done. It would be a chargeable attack with similar properties to Ike's Eruption, only the attack wouldn't travel upward. It's hitbox would work similarly to DK's Hand Slap, being almost exclusively grounded. Initiating the attack in the air, regardless of how charged it is, will send BD straight down to the ground. Opponents who get caught under the punch itself will

As for the Final Smash, I'd say that the best thing at the moment would be Dedede Robot (HR-D3). It'd come floating down in the background, BD would jump in, and then it'd fly up, land on the stage, and crush whoever was unlucky enough to be standing there at the moment. It would then proceed to do a rabid-jab punch combo followed by a drill attack, and it would finish up with a big laser fired from the cannon in it's chest.

I'm probably going to follow this thread a little more closely than before. RST is too :psycho:, and MKST is too non-existant, so I need some breathing room.
So you have returned. How long has it been? A month? Anyway, it's good to know that you aren't downgrading Bandana Dee like last time. It's also good to see you using respectful language and being logical in your reasoning. (Professional words for a professional moment) However, I'm sure we will get SOME kind of Kirby-related DLC in smash bros. Sakurai said DLC would be plentiful in the future, so there's a high possibility we can get a new rep for the series.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What are you talking about Sonic? :T

I'm going to tear into that post later, but right now, it reminds me. Chandy, do you mind putting that moveset I made into the OP? Just cause.
I will not put more movesets in the OP, it has a lot of them and they are pretty similar, it's not necessary IMO.
Sorry.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So you have returned. How long has it been? A month? Anyway, it's good to know that you aren't downgrading Bandana Dee like last time. It's also good to see you using respectful language and being logical in your reasoning. (Professional words for a professional moment) However, I'm sure we will get SOME kind of Kirby-related DLC in smash bros. Sakurai said DLC would be plentiful in the future, so there's a high possibility we can get a new rep for the series.
I tried to be logical last time, even if I did seem overly sarcastic and a bit desperate. Even today, I still don't understand why BD is getting all this support. Not that I'm complaining. :/

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I tried to be logical last time, even if I did seem overly sarcastic and a bit desperate. Even today, I still don't understand why BD is getting all this support. Not that I'm complaining. :/
Probably has to do with the combo of him already being a likable character, and then he got few a major roles recently, which gave people a reason to realistically support him. You'd see the exact same phenomena if Sailor Dee was playable for a game or too. People like the character and the moment they actually have something to work with, they get a monster amount of support. Not to mention that he's also become close to a main character now, so he'd be a suitable representative.

The one thing I don't get, is why his fellow Kirby series competitors don't have much support. Magolor is relevant, has a massive fanbase (at least in Kirby, not over here in Smashboards, sadly), and makes cameos every 2 seconds. Dark Matter is in the same position King K. Rool is in (not as likely though, mind you), so I really don't get why he doesn't have much support. Adeleine is a bit niche, so I understand why she doesn't have more (even if she'd be awesome, too bad she won't get in. ever.:c).

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Hopefully by the end of this campaign in October, you'll understand why. If I'm doing my job right, I'll be able to put it into the words neutral-minded folks such as yourself need in order to form a positive opinion of BWD!

- - - - -

On an unrelated note, while organizing my thoughts for the upcoming Thursday Thoughts, I ended up categorizing every single Smash Bros. character. Surprisingly, every one of them fits into one of 6 categories.
Main Protagonist - The main player character of their respective games
Mario, Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Little Mac, Link, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Marth, Ike, Robin, Kirby, Fox, Ness, Lucas, Captain Falcon, Villager, Olimar, Shulk, PAC-MAN, Mega Man, Sonic, Roy, Young Link, Ice Climbers, Snake
Secondary Protagonist - Supporting characters that aid the main protagonists
Luigi, Peach, Rosalina, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Sheik, Palutena, Falco, Lucina
Antagonist - Characters whose primary purpose is to challenge the protagonists
Bowser, Bowser Jr., Ganondorf
Anti-Hero - Supporting characters that regularly rotate between being fought, supporting the player, and even being played as
King Dedede, Meta Knight, Dark Pit, Wolf
Protagonist Fill-In - Characters from games that are far more iconic than their own main protagonists, if they even have one
Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Wii Fit Trainer
Pokemon - Characters that don't consistently fit into any of the above categories by their true definitions
Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Mewtwo, Pichu
I realized after the fact that the one Bandana Waddle Dee would go under is rather amusing! Did you guys guess which one Bandana Dee falls under?

Fights the main protagonist...

Check. Helps the player out...

Check. Occasionally a playable character...

Check. That's right folks! Bandana Waddle Dee confirmed to be the most adorable Anti-Hero in all of gaming!

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I think Dedede is an anti-hero.
Some characters can fit into more than one category, such as Wario being a Main Protagonist and Lucina being an Anti-Hero, though in hindsight Dedede does fit into Anti-Hero territory better than a mere Antagonist.

It gets the point across, at least!

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
I just wonder...

The Mario franchise has 6 (8 counting Yoshi + Wario) characters represented...
The Zelda franchise has 5 characters represented...
The Fire Emblem franchise has (basically) 4 characters represented...
And the Pokemon franchise is an exception...
Kirby, Donkey Kong, And Metroid are all included as Nintendo's biggest franchises also.

Does this mean these 3 series are under-represented playable character-wise? Yes, but certain factors do play into them. The Donkey Kong series in reality deserves 4-5 newcomers, Metroid 3-4, and Kirby 4-5.

To keep from straying away, the Kirby series, being in the Top 5 most successful Nintendo franchises, does deserve newcomer(s).

It just... Makes sense to include a Kirby newcomer in this iteration of Super Smash Bros.
Having no new playable fighters (Kirby) for a 6-7 year gap in a major franchise is, troublesome.
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of other franchises that deserve treatment also, but Kirby is the key topic here.

What this all means though is, is that it's a no brainer that Bandana Dee is a given.
While he may have arrived as a popular staple in the Kirby franchise a bit too late for deciding newcomers, DLC has given him an opportunity to become a potential fighter.

In reality, one of Bandana Dee's major concerns in terms of this version of Smash Bros is that he will grow as a character over the years... And Sakurai may want to save him for the next installment (for sales and excitement).
Also, DLC by default does not sell more than how the actual game sells itself, due to the fact that you (mostly) have to buy the game in order to pay for DLC.

What this whole post is getting at is, Bandana Dee is a given (already known), but really the Kirby franchise does deserve 2 newcomers.

Now, most will be content with Bandana Dee, but the only problem the Kirby franchise has (in terms of a second newcomer), is that it doesn't have many characters outside of the main four to appeal to millions upon millions, and be known.
This counter-argument includes Shulk, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem (Robin & Lucina, but back to that), and various single-character franchises playable.

Robin and Lucina were not released/known until 2013 (Outside of Japan), causing not a lot of people to know who they were at all. Yes, Awakening did sell over 1 million copies, but it was a recent game overall.
How does this tie into Kirby? Well, Return To Dreamland came out in 2011 (even 2 years before Robin & Lucina), and introducing two new yet-to-become well known characters, Bandana Dee and Magolor.

In conclusion (not making the previous statement too long), the Kirby series has a huge advantage of potential newcomer(s) in Smash Bros.
If Fire Emblem has the same amount, if not one more character (Lucina) included than Kirby, then the chances for a Kirby newcomer is very, very high.

Altogether, the Kirby series deserves 1-2 newcomers in this version of Smash Bros.

Now, Bandana Dee once again is a given... But what other character would be a likely choice?

Kirby's Return To Dreamland sold over 1.5 million copies combined, and Kirby Triple Deluxe sold over 1.3 million.
So this means that over 1.5 million people know of Magolor, being that he is introduced at the very beginning of RTDL, and was seen, but appeared less in KTD.
Fire Emblem Awakening sold over 1 million, but who knows how many people got up to the reveal of Lucina?
Some barely knew of Robin once he was revealed, and that's even the main protagonist.
This means that Magolor would be the most likely choice for a 5th character represented in the Kirby franchise for this Smash Bros.

There are many other fan favorite like Dark Matter, Rick, Galacta Knight, ect., but sadly, these character do not get enough recognition put into them by the team to really become a potential newcomer.

Many wish these character would get in, but what it all comes down to is the creator, Masahiro Sakurai (Mashed Potato Samurai), to decide who is chosen and who is not.

TL:DR: Bandana Dee is a given as the next Kirby series representative in this installment of Smash Bros. and Magolor is the (most likely) second, or 5th potential newcomer to be included.

(Read Spoiler if interested)! :)

Just throwing this post out there, I hope these (really lengthy) posts are ok for the time I have before summer vacation (still getting through finals)! :kirby:

(I am personally neutral now in favor with Magolor, but just wanted to point this stuff out)!

(Sorry if I upset anyone with this, it was something I wanted to point out and mention on this loyal thread!) :)

P.S. - Thank you everyone who contributes to this thread, it shows how much we want this character (Bandana Dee) and how we will make this happen!

P.P.S - I am also making an interesting move-set for Bandana Dee! Wait, before you say anything, it is going to be unique as I can make it, and different because I really want to help out with ideas for him. I am really going to try to make it unique enough so it can hopefully be featured/contributed in the main post of the thread! :kirby:

(Ima spend a lot of time on it, making it as polished as I can)!

@ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 Please don't hurt me... *Magalar* :dr-_-::drfacepalm:

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Even with Nintendo-level polishing, the game was still a mess. As a Game Designer, I'm appalled when I look at the level design and see things like inconsistent progression (no linear-level-games like Sonic should be remotely easy to get lost in) and hazards that cheat players out of lives simply for being their first run of the level (lack of forewarning and a terrible camera play towards that). Quality control is one thing, but the design itself was faulty on principle alone as well. It COULD have been good, but that hypothetical works if you describe it as a different game altogether (at which point you're just better off marketing it as a brand new game altogether with all the changes required otherwise).

Though in hindsight, what on earth does any of this have to do with the Kirby series...?

You can just post a link to it on FanFiction, could you not?

Either way... "Story-telling" has nothing to do with getting a character into Smash Bros. It would be about a character getting into Smash Bros., but between being not being source material to write an editorial with, not familiarizing anyone with the absolute canon of Smash or Kirby, and not acting as a fan-project the likes of which the world has never seen before, I feel like it's not something fitting to the campaign's direction... Sorry. I'll look forward to your story nonetheless, but it's not something I'm going to want to use as content for a campaign meant to educate and recruit first and foremost.
Ah, it's cool. :) However, are there any other ways I can help with the Dee support? I don't wanna sit from the sidelines, tweeting to Twitter channels about Bandana Dee and call that work. If there's anything you need me to preform to the best of my ability, tell me.

D

Deleted member

skip to 5:04 look like johnny is thinking about doing a Kirby Marathon get hype bandana waddle dee supporters get hype!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

*not sarcasm*

Now onto the moveset.

Or

****ING MEGATON PUNCH.

FINAL SMASH

UPDATE: SPOILERED FOR BETTER ORGANIZATION.
Are you Meta Knight?

Top Bottom