• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
He's not only a stage hazard, there, but it's also been stated that he built the drum courses for Dedede, too. And after everything, there he is looking all smug about making a nuisance of himself in that particular stage, too!
Oh yeah I forgot to say that :dr^_^:
But wait there's more!!!

Drawcia?
Marx?
Dark Matter?
Retro Kirby?
There's even Elline!! :awesome:
And Bandana Dee with his Spear :smash:

Merry Christmas in May!! :bluejump:
Taranza looks way too happy with that hat :)

And to clarify Magolor's existance:

This time, director Kumazaki will talk about the Secret Bonus Level in Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. "Hello. Today, I would like to talk about the music and a special guest character in the Secret Bonus Level of Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. "The REAL final level is the Secret Bonus Level, and it is unlocked after getting Gold medals for all levels. It's the hardest stage of them all! It is fast-paced, long, and filled with many traps; I hope you'll try your best to reach the goal far off into the distance. "The Secret Bonus Level features a song called C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Reprise), an arranged version of the song C-R-O-W-N-E-D from the Normal Bonus Level. This song also plays during the final battle of Kirby's Return to Dream Land and is packed with phrases from a variety of songs. "When we gave this song a title, we wanted to state what it represented, so we took the first letter from all the level names and connected them together for the song title, C-R-O-W-N-E-D. In connection with this song, we've included a guest character named Magolor as a stage obstacle. "Since Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Magolor has gained a talent for constructing theme parks and attractions. The motif of Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe is also a theme park, so this was actually a project Magolor worked on! It makes sense to feature him as a guest character. "Magolor's whereabouts are uncertain after Kirby's Return to Dream Land, but he seems pretty lively here. After roaming around the dimension beyond space and time, he might've found an exit. When Kirby and his friends returned home, maybe Magolor traveled around building theme parks in different worlds. "I hope you'll look for Magolor as he interferes with your level with a malicious grin on his face!"

20 anniversary confirmed canon :dr-_-:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So I just realized, didn't Dark Metaknight team up with DarkMind (mirror Zero/nightmare, possibly?) in the mirror world? Maybe Meta Knight's betrayal in the non mirror world was their version of that? (Not that I'm implying he was in league with Zero, because he definitely wasn't)

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
So I just realized, didn't Dark Metaknight team up with DarkMind (mirror Zero/nightmare, possibly?) in the mirror world? Maybe Meta Knight's betrayal in the non mirror world was their version of that? (Not that I'm implying he was in league with Zero, because he definitely wasn't)
"Meta Knight's betrayal"
What betrayal? :confused:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
In Meta Knight's revenge, Meta Knight wants to be king of dreamland, it's implied that he betrayed him.
Oh, that betrayal! :drfacepalm:
That wasn't really a betrayal, Kirby stopped Meta Knight before he could do anything
He even destroyed his ship
Dedede didn't even noticed it probably :dr-_-:
I don't really see how Meta Knight trying to take over Dream Land could be related to Dark Meta Knight being an ally to Dark Mind
Dark Meta Knight teaming up with Dark Mind isn't something to be surprised IMO
inb4 is actually a crying eye upside down

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That wasn't really a betrayal, Kirby stopped Meta Knight before he could do anything
In fairness, Dedede is pretty sharp, and something probably happened between the two of them (bearing in mind that in Kirby's Adventure, it's stated that they're friends) to prompt Meta Knight to actually initiate an attack on his kingdom using a gigantic, massively-armed, super-overkill airship. Somehow, I don't think anyone could miss that thing! :laugh:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't really see how Meta Knight trying to take over Dream Land could be related to Dark Meta Knight being an ally to Dark Mind
Dark Meta Knight teaming up with Dark Mind isn't something to be surprised IMO
inb4 is actually a crying eye upside down
But, you see, Meta Knight's mask is not a crying eye upside down, but a eye crying upwards, Meta Knight is clearly a Dark Matter, . Wake up Waddle Deeple!:troll:

Your probably right in that they are completely unrelated events, I'm definitely over thinking a few things here :laugh:. I mean the events have literally nothing in common, I was just trying to find something where you could kinda say maybe Meta Knight teamed with someone, which doesn't really make sense in the long run, because why the heck would Meta Knight be all chill with Dark Matter/Zero/Nightmare/whoever anyway? :facepalm: My logic clearly failed there:p.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
(I also have a deep hatred for Knuckle Joe and everything he stands for, dunno why. Edit: Oh wait, I remember now, some irrelevant enemy gets more attention than the main antagonist of the entire series, why?! Just because he was a assist trophy in Brawl, people assume he's oh so important, more so than even dark matter! It just really grinds my gears, and probably just mine.)
You're not alone.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
(I also have a deep hatred for Knuckle Joe and everything he stands for, dunno why. Edit: Oh wait, I remember now, some irrelevant enemy gets more attention than the main antagonist of the entire series, why?! Just because he was a assist trophy in Brawl, people assume he's oh so important, more so than even dark matter! It just really grinds my gears, and probably just mine.)
You're not alone.
Can I join the Club? :drifloon:
In fairness, Dedede is pretty sharp, and something probably happened between the two of them (bearing in mind that in Kirby's Adventure, it's stated that they're friends) to prompt Meta Knight to actually initiate an attack on his kingdom using a gigantic, massively-armed, super-overkill airship. Somehow, I don't think anyone could miss that thing! :laugh:
Then why didn't do anything?
I don't think that Dedede would be "okay" with Meta Knight trying to dethrone him :dizzy:

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

That last bit makes me think.:

King Dedede: Oh. A gigantic airship heading toward my kingdom that looks oddly like it's modeled after my old pal Metaknight?

...It's probably nothing : D

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So, with E3 only a matter of days, and not to mention that mini stream Sakurai announced on Sunday, how confident are you guys about our favorite little spear user finally getting into Smash?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I thought it was stated, or at least implied, that Meta Knight didn't like King Dedede? The two usually don't see eye-to-eye. In fact, in the Subspace Emissary, it was Dedede who distracted Meta Knight so that the Subspace Army could take over his ship.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I thought it was stated, or at least implied, that Meta Knight didn't like King Dedede? The two usually don't see eye-to-eye. In fact, in the Subspace Emissary, it was Dedede who distracted Meta Knight so that the Subspace Army could take over his ship.
I don't know... they worked together in Return to Dreamland, they were also talking in that Rainbow Curse official comic thing.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Can I join the Club? :drifloon:

Then why didn't do anything?
I don't think that Dedede would be "okay" with Meta Knight trying to dethrone him :dizzy:
Because it was Kirby's game, and Dedede had yet to have a proper playable role in anything (at that point, you could randomly get him as player two in Samurai Kirby, but that's it). Kirby and Dedede were pals by the end of Kirby's Adventure, anyway - perhaps dealing with the Halberd was Kirby's way of making up for his missteps in that game, which almost unleashed Nightmare on the whole planet? :laugh: (Meta Knight certainly seems furious that he's even there.)

That last bit makes me think.:

King Dedede: Oh. A gigantic airship heading toward my kingdom that looks oddly like it's modeled after my old pal Metaknight?

...It's probably nothing : D
I laughed way too much at this.

So, with E3 only a matter of days, and not to mention that mini stream Sakurai announced on Sunday, how confident are you guys about our favorite little spear user finally getting into Smash?
There are several things that give me hope (the Dream Land 64 stage findings, and the screenshot from the Miiverse stage that was posted earlier), but honestly, I'm unsure.

Yeah, it's definitely somewhat implied that Meta Knight doesn't especially like him nowadays, at least some of the time. It just makes me wonder what changed since the time when it was outright stated that Meta Knight was one of Dedede's most trusted friends. :p The world may never know! (But I maintain that it had to have been one major falling out to prompt an attack with a giant airship. :laugh:)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't think he will be in just yet (Roooooy, why you steal his thunder?), maybe later, but I hope that Sakurai can prove once again that I'm wrong :colorful:! I do think that Bandana Dee is basically a shoe in and will at least be in Smash 5, not sure about 4 though :urg:.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Mark my words, Deeples: Magolor will return. And his theme parks will be far better than Disney World's. (like every other theme park ever.)

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'll watch the Smash Bros. direct, but I'm not expecting anything to make me hype. I try to go in with low expectations. If I do that, I'll come out with outstanding results. However, I just don't see myself taking full-fledged interest in the direct. I'll watch it, but only to see Lucas, the miiverse stage and the inkling costumes.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'll watch the Smash Bros. direct, but I'm not expecting anything to make me hype. I try to go in with low expectations. If I do that, I'll come out with outstanding results. However, I just don't see myself taking full-fledged interest in the direct. I'll watch it, but only to see Lucas, the miiverse stage and the inkling costumes.
Well to be fair, Sakurai did state that the direct was going to be "all about new content"..

Lucas isn't exactly new news, since he was announced after the Mewtwo trailer was shown in that april 1st direct. We already knew about the miiverse stage and the inkling costumes too..

Really I guess it depends if he means like the new content he has went over before, or "new" new content... I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Mark my words, Deeples: Magolor will return. And his theme parks will be far better than Disney World's. (like every other theme park ever.)
143234754999628.jpg
Unfortunately, it appears Magolor's having some.... technical difficulties:troll:.
Poor magolor.gif
Magolor's deeconfirmed guys, he couldn't figure out how to vote for himself.:(

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't know... they worked together in Return to Dreamland, they were also talking in that Rainbow Curse official comic thing.
Well, Meta Knight had nothing better to do, and even then, they didn't actually interact.
Because it was Kirby's game, and Dedede had yet to have a proper playable role in anything (at that point, you could randomly get him as player two in Samurai Kirby, but that's it). Kirby and Dedede were pals by the end of Kirby's Adventure, anyway - perhaps dealing with the Halberd was Kirby's way of making up for his missteps in that game, which almost unleashed Nightmare on the whole planet? :laugh: (Meta Knight certainly seems furious that he's even there.)

I laughed way too much at this.

There are several things that give me hope (the Dream Land 64 stage findings, and the screenshot from the Miiverse stage that was posted earlier), but honestly, I'm unsure.

Yeah, it's definitely somewhat implied that Meta Knight doesn't especially like him nowadays, at least some of the time. It just makes me wonder what changed since the time when it was outright stated that Meta Knight was one of Dedede's most trusted friends. :p The world may never know! (But I maintain that it had to have been one major falling out to prompt an attack with a giant airship. :laugh:)
Didn't Meta Knight invade Dreamland because he thought Dedede was a suck ass ruler of something?
He most likely will. And he still won't be as important as Bandanna Dee. But to be honest, him coming back with a new theme park would be kickass.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
While we're on the subject of music, I really hope Revenge of the Enemy gets in somehow. I ****ing adore that track.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ha, please. I have absolutely no reason to worry about myself. I'm fine. You on the other hand, I'm worried for if you think that admitting to being biased makes you not biased.
Mind your tunnel vision there, budd. You ignored the first half of my sentence.
If you're saying it's not worth heeding simply because the guy who said it admitted to his bias, I think you've a lot more to be worried about yourself than you give credit for.
That's an entire half of my sentence you cut out of context before responding. What I said was an affirmation, not an attack, so what you just did there was a outright uncalled for.

I likewise never once said that admitting to bias makes you not biased, by the way, so please don't distort my words. The entirety of what I was saying referred to how the statement of which he was saying was not biased. I'll ask it again:
Also, Knuckle Joe's a literal goomba. Literally everything our deetractors think we are. That is Knuckle Joe in a nutshell.
In isolation, is that statement a biased one? If so, why? If it's not, please just say so already.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mind your tunnel vision there, budd. You ignored the first half of my sentence.

That's an entire half of my sentence you cut out of context before responding. What I said was an affirmation, not an attack, so what you just did there was a outright uncalled for.

I likewise never once said that admitting to bias makes you not biased, by the way, so please don't distort my words. The entirety of what I was saying referred to how the statement of which he was saying was not biased. I'll ask it again:

In isolation, is that statement a biased one? If so, why? If it's not, please just say so already.
What I just did there? Exactly what did I do and how was it uncalled for?
Since you obviously want an answer so badly, yes, that is slightly biased. But see, you said "in isolation". I'm not isolating anything, I'm talking about the entirety of what he said. I ignored it because it was biased, which you can't say it isn't, because he admitted to it. Even in isolation, it's still biased. He shrugs off Knuckle Joe as a Goomba, when clearly, he's more than that. No disrespect to Goomba's, though, they try, they try.
And that last sentence "That is Knuckle Joe in a nutshell" reeks of bias, because, once again, it very clearly is not Joe in a nutshell. I could give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe he's just ignorant to Knuckle Joe and doesn't know much about the character, but I'm not that nice.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wait, I'm confused, how is Knuckle Joe not a generic minion/enemy much like a goomba? I know he has a role in the anime, but it's small and isn't canon. Am I missing something? As far as I know, he's a mere enemy/helper in Kirby super Star/Ultra, Star stacker, return to dreamland, and Triple deluxe. I swear if he's the main character of some obscure japanese only game that isn't even on the wiki, I'm going to feel so embarrassed :laugh:.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
What I just did there? Exactly what did I do and how was it uncalled for?
Since you obviously want an answer so badly, yes, that is slightly biased. But see, you said "in isolation". I'm not isolating anything, I'm talking about the entirety of what he said. I ignored it because it was biased, which you can't say it isn't, because he admitted to it. Even in isolation, it's still biased. He shrugs off Knuckle Joe as a Goomba, when clearly, he's more than that. No disrespect to Goomba's, though, they try, they try.
And that last sentence "That is Knuckle Joe in a nutshell" reeks of bias, because, once again, it very clearly is not Joe in a nutshell. I could give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that maybe he's just ignorant to Knuckle Joe and doesn't know much about the character, but I'm not that nice.
You trimmed off context of what I said. I was speaking along the lines of "If this what is you're thinking, that's concerning to me." as in it was a conditional declaration, not a declaration outright that your line of thinking is wrong. The way you responded, on the other hand, was a deliberate low-blow saying "You have a concerning line of thinking because you think this way!" as if it was a response to me doing the exact same thing to you beforehand. The "Ha, please. I have absolutely no reason to worry about myself. I'm fine." makes it evident that you interpreted that way, speaking defensively before retaliation, which would no doubt be understood if I was even taking a shot at you in the first place.
To put it simply, Alice says she'd be worried if Bob has a drinking problem. Bob responds by telling her that she's wrong about thinking he does and to worry about her own damn problems instead. Do you see how the latter is a retaliation to an accusation that was never made? It felt exactly like that...

Give me the benefit of the doubt, then. I've beaten 13 of the 16 main-series Kirby games (none Dream Land 2, 3, or Mass Attack even having Knuckle Joe iirc), yet I've never seen Knuckle Joe as much beyond being just another enemy in the series. The Wiki shows his only appearances being in Kirby Super Star and its remake, Assist Trophy status in Brawl and Smash 4, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, the extra challenges of Dream Collection, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and the Japan-only Star Stacker, with every single appearance being a regular mook at worst to a Helper at best. Please educate me: What makes Knuckle Joe more than a metaphorical Goomba? More specifically, if we don't see the anime as an important factor to Smash Bros., what makes Knuckle Joe remotely stand out compared to, say, Waddle Doo or Poppy Bros. Jr., who have both appeared in almost twice as many games as him?

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Huh, you know, with Nintendo and Universal teaming up for Nintendo attractions, Magolor's theme park ideas (heck, I suppose Bowser's too because of 3D World) could actually be a thing.

In case I need :4link:s to back this up:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-universal-nintendo-deal-20150510-story.html
This is just one source. You can find several different articles essentially saying the same thing. Although, by now I think this is old news.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I could see this being the Deefault song, and C-R-O-W-N-E-D being the alternate. Or Sakuri would just put two Wii U exclusive Kirby songs on there instead. (Which probably means it would be The Adventure Begins. Yuck.)
Oh, the Cookie Country Theme (The Adventure Begins)? It's not that bad. That said, it doesn't fit a fighting environment that Smash sets up. It's more about running through the grasslands on an adventure with some close friends, or at least that's the vibe I get from it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I could see this being the Deefault song, and C-R-O-W-N-E-D being the alternate. Or Sakuri would just put two Wii U exclusive Kirby songs on there instead. (Which probably means it would be The Adventure Begins. Yuck.)
Oh, the Cookie Country Theme (The Adventure Begins)? It's not that bad. That said, it doesn't fit a fighting environment that Smash sets up. It's more about running through the grasslands on an adventure with some close friends, or at least that's the vibe I get from it.
Or maybe the Dream Land 64 music? :laugh:
It's confirmed, those are the two songs.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I doubt there is a chance of this song, but it's one of my favorites from Triple Deluxe. Just had to post it.
You just Reminded me of something...We also have Floral Fields. So what if they got lazy and just gave the stage The Adventure Begins (Kirby's Return to Dreamland), and Floral Fields (Kirby: Triple Deluxe).
It's not a bad song, it's just that there are better songs to pick from that game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
About Knuckle Joe, he's closest to a Hammer Bro, an uncommon elite mook who is an Assist Trophy for his series. Won't stop me from supporting him.

So, this is one of the songs that will sound in Dream Land 64... that ain't C-R-O-W-N-E-D.
To be fair, CROWNED is a boss theme, and it won't be fitting. It would have fit best on Halberd, but alas...

:231:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You trimmed off context of what I said. I was speaking along the lines of "If this what is you're thinking, that's concerning to me." as in it was a conditional declaration, not a declaration outright that your line of thinking is wrong. The way you responded, on the other hand, was a deliberate low-blow saying "You have a concerning line of thinking because you think this way!" as if it was a response to me doing the exact same thing to you beforehand. The "Ha, please. I have absolutely no reason to worry about myself. I'm fine." makes it evident that you interpreted that way, speaking defensively before retaliation, which would no doubt be understood if I was even taking a shot at you in the first place.
To put it simply, Alice says she'd be worried if Bob has a drinking problem. Bob responds by telling her that she's wrong about thinking he does and to worry about her own damn problems instead. Do you see how the latter is a retaliation to an accusation that was never made? It felt exactly like that...

Give me the benefit of the doubt, then. I've beaten 13 of the 16 main-series Kirby games (none Dream Land 2, 3, or Mass Attack even having Knuckle Joe iirc), yet I've never seen Knuckle Joe as much beyond being just another enemy in the series. The Wiki shows his only appearances being in Kirby Super Star and its remake, Assist Trophy status in Brawl and Smash 4, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, the extra challenges of Dream Collection, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and the Japan-only Star Stacker, with every single appearance being a regular mook at worst to a Helper at best. Please educate me: What makes Knuckle Joe more than a metaphorical Goomba? More specifically, if we don't see the anime as an important factor to Smash Bros., what makes Knuckle Joe remotely stand out compared to, say, Waddle Doo or Poppy Bros. Jr., who have both appeared in almost twice as many games as him?
A Waddle Doo is a common enemy that you see almost every game that you're most likely going to trample over and forget. THAT, (and again, no disrespect to them) is a Goomba.
A Knuckle Joe is a rare enemy or occasional helper, and it's almost always a special occasion when you encounter one, because he provides you with a rare and powerful copy ability, Fighter. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but would I be correct in assuming that Fighter is fairly popular? Or at least well-liked? I think I would. Knuckle Joe is the embodiment of that ability, and has built up a rather large reputation for himself. Humongous, compared to a Goomba.

Top Bottom