• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I think we should incorporate the hashtag into our Thread Title.

Also Bandanna is spelt wrong.

Last edit (hopefully)

Is there any changes that need to be made to this picture I will be adding the caption #WaddleOn

UGH THE EDGES ARE WEIRD ALL OF A SUDDEN I gotta redo em :/

Attachments

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

Made my own take of the Weapon Triangle blurb. What do you guys think?

(The Hammer is a special type of Axe in the Fire Emblem series, for the record.)
Look is the Stargaea Emblem. You can use you favorite Kirby characters! Like: Meta Knight, King Dedede, Bandana Waddle Dee and more obscure kirby characters.

But now were featuring, Create a warrior from your team.

Like: Waddle Doo, Knuckle Joe and even All the helpers.

With those characters have unique Special Attacks, Power and abilities that you can buy with Mana from defeat enemys.
Is your Waddle Doo reach a certain level, You get a new variation of waddle doo, Is stronger and have different color.
And you can reincarnate your own Character to be a stronger class but more powerful warrior.

(For some reason this more Disgaea than Fire Emblem, BUT, People prefer Fire emblem soo... Stargaea emblem.)
And the same time, you guys seem excited for the new fire emblem, More like Waifu simulator.

Man, I been drinking... A lot... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah...

Nintendo mircro event was nice. Not the best, but nice. Were so close to E3, it make sense, heck, people are pretty hype up for the new Fallout 4 game, C'mon is not E3 YET MAN!? THIS ALL PRE-E3!? ALL OF THIS?

I been watching all those post, and those puns. Keep the hype.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
I think we should incorporate the hashtag into our Thread Title.

Also Bandanna is spelt wrong.

Last edit (hopefully)

Is there any changes that need to be made to this picture I will be adding the caption #WaddleOn

Bandana is spelled correctly.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Brother... I've found you!
And about that image. If you can add the QR Code and the hashtag to it, we might be able to use it for Project: #Waddle On.
I actually may have to redo it...sides are all fuzzy if you zoom in

EDIT It's just the arms I'll fix it and repost it.

EDIT 2: I'm going to keep this picture.. @ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor gave me the idea to make a #WaddleOn picture it will most likely be better than this one...it make take longer (than the usual hour and 1/2 it takes me to make a crappy picture)

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
The animation I'm going to be doing is similar to how Gajin Goombah does it (Ignore the intro whatever just get to the segment where he is actually talking...)
What do you guys think?
Yeah, that would look nice!

Off topic but this is one of the main reasons I love Punch-Out. They took stereotypes (which I absolutely hate) and makes them so lovable!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
...These render's of my drawings are getting better and better than my profile picture...it hurts. On the side note...I'm making the #WaddleOn photo this one I'm going to need a little help with if anyone can get me a video for photoshop on how to make things reflective that'd be absolutely swell (I'm making his spear.) Also if anyone can reply and let me know if he looks like he is looking in a certain direction or not that'd also be swell...isn't everything swell I like that word...swell OK back on topic...Thank you brigadiers!

Attachments

D

Deleted member

So guys should we make a vote about for what final smash we want bandana waddle dee too use?

1.the megaton punch from super star

2.The Waddle Dee Tank from kirby triple deluxe

3.Riding landia from kirby returns to dreamland.

4. and everyone favourite is Baddie Beat Down it like king dedede final smash in brawl except instead of the waddle dee,waddle doo and gordo you get Bio Spark,Birdon,Gim,Plasma Wisp,Sir Kibble,Simirror,Capsule J2,Burning Leo,Chilly,Tac,Wheelie,Sword Knight and Blade Knight popping around everywhere coming out and attacking the enemy.

So what do you all think? which one do you see as Bandana waddle dee final smash now please everyone I know my idea for bandana waddle dee final smash is the best but try to be fair and don't be too bias to my genius :awesome:.

Last edited by a moderator:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So guys should we make a vote about for what final smash we want bandana waddle dee too use?

1.the megaton punch from super star

2.The Waddle Dee Tank from kirby triple deluxe

3.Riding landia from kirby returns to dreamland.

4. and everyone favourite is Baddie Beat Down it like king dedede final smash in brawl except instead of the waddle dee,waddle doo and gordo you get Bio Spark,Birdon,Gim,Plasma Wisp,Sir Kibble,Simirror,Capsule J2,Burning Leo,Chilly,Tac,Wheelie,Sword Knight and Blade Knight popping around everywhere coming out and attacking the enemy.

So what do you all think? which one do you see as Bandana waddle dee final smash now please everyone I know my idea for bandana waddle dee final smash is the best but try to be fair and don't be too bias to my genius :awesome:.
I want the Waddle Dee Tank but not from TD. The one from RtDL.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Does this actually work?
Not sure about computers and other devices, but I know phones and 3DS camera work, as I tested it with a 3DS and phone immediately after I made it. If there's any errors, please tell me, I'll make sure to fix any.

D

Deleted member

It's amazing how fast the mood changed. Guess I was right when I said we weeded out the weak ones. Good job, everybody. Your making Bandanna Dee and Lord Jigglypuff proud. We keep working, it'll all pay off in 4 months.
What do you mean by "weak ones"?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
He mean't all the people who have never mained Jigglypuff
In all seriousness, he probably mean't those who were here to use the thread as a social thread, not necessarily a support thread.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
In all seriousness, he probably mean't those who were here to use the thread as a social thread, not necessarily a support thread.
In all due respect, things "were" starting to slow down due to lack of new information... but hey, maybe this effort everyone is making will change that :p One can't really blame someone for going off topic when there wasn't much to talk about (at that moment) to begin with

He most likely meant people who wouldn't help much. Like me. (Or maybe he just meant people who aren't full on supporters.)
If any of my sigs weren't any indication, I'm sorta a multi-supporter. I affiliate myself with several different campaigns, rather than just one. I mean I'm a fan of a majority of them, and can't really put any particular character on a pedestal. I just try my best to give helpful (and in somecases humorous) input on threads as much as I can.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
He most likely meant people who wouldn't help much. Like me. (Or maybe he just meant people who aren't full on supporters.)
You're both correct. I was referring to the ones who weren't serious. The ones who would ride the success but not help achieve it. And the ones who never mained Jigglypuff. Also, welcome back, Chandy. Feeling better?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I made this, sorry for not being online so much, I'm a sick.

View attachment 54835
I don't think you need to apologize for being sick. It's not like you don't work the hardest out of all of us anyway :p. As someone who's brother's been sick for a year now, being sick sucks, I hope you get better soon. Also, that art you made, I love it, really, really love it. It looks amazing.

D

Deleted member

Still do you guys think I'm one of the weak one?
No.
There are no such thing as "weak ones."
We all have a goal that we are trying to pursue in this thread: to support Bandana Dee in hopes that he will get in Smash.
Through your support, you are already helping us tremendously.

D

Deleted member

No.
There are no such thing as "weak ones."
We all have a goal that we are trying to pursue in this thread: to support Bandana Dee in hopes that he will get in Smash.
Through your support, you are already helping us tremendously.
Really oh good because I thought I was holding everyone back I guess I was being a bit paranoid huh? :grin:

D

Deleted member

Really oh good because I thought I was holding everyone back I guess I was being a bit paranoid huh? :grin:
No! No!
You aren't holding us back at all! Your support is a major help to us all!
Don't worry about being paranoid; I sometimes get paranoid myself and overthink things.

D

Deleted member

Look like 300 people don't want bandana waddle dee for smash 4. :crying:

(the only reason I bring this up so I can use this joke XD)

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Holding us back? Nobody's been holding us back. That's why I said we weeded out the weak ones. If you're here, you're helping. Simple as that. Now who wants cookies?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
In all due respect, things "were" starting to slow down due to lack of new information... but hey, maybe this effort everyone is making will change that :p One can't really blame someone for going off topic when there wasn't much to talk about (at that moment) to begin with

If any of my sigs weren't any indication, I'm sorta a multi-supporter. I affiliate myself with several different campaigns, rather than just one. I mean I'm a fan of a majority of them, and can't really put any particular character on a pedestal. I just try my best to give helpful (and in somecases humorous) input on threads as much as I can.
Same here. I do have some bias towards Amaterasu, but I can't do much to support a character on a thread where I was the last to post on for a month. :/
But anyways...I have finished revamping my Bandana Dee moveset.....................................................and I think I made him OP. Feel free to pick it apart. This moveset allows Bandana Dee to jump five times, and that paired with his Spear Throw, and Spear Copter pretty much grantees his recovery in any situation. However, he suffers more knock back than the entire cast, so he is easier to KO outright. This combined with hard to use KO options hopefully balances him out. I'm not sure though.
Ground Attacks:
Neutral Attack-Stabs, Stabs repeatedly, then follows up with a bigger stab. 1%,1% per hit (5 hits),2%
Dash Attack-Falls over. His face is so sad when he gets up. 3%
Forward Tilt-Stabs. Good keep away option. 4%
Up Tilt-Stabs upward. This attack is extremely vertical. 6%
Down Tilt-Slides on the floor. Works similar to Mega Man’s Down Tilt. This can trip opponents. 4%
Forward Smash-Stabs. Bandana Dee moves forward while he executes this attack. 14%-19%
Up Smash-Twirls spear overhead. This is Bandana Dee’s most powerfull smash attack, but it is harder to hit with. 16%-22%
Down Smash-Spins with Spear extended. 16%-21%
Areals:
Neutral Areal-Flips with spear extended. This attack has great range 6%
Forward Areal-does an underhanded slash. 6%
Back Areal-Attacks behind him with his spear. This has a bit of startup lag. 10%
Up Areal-Slashes in an ark overhead. This works similarly to Meta Knight’s Up Areal. Has good range. 5%
Down Areal-Slashes in an ark underfoot. Has good range. 6%
Grab, Throws, and Other:
Grab-Grabs. Very short.
Pummel-Stabs with spear. 1% per hit
Forward Throw-Throws. 7%
Back Throw-Throws backward, then attacks with the butt of the spear. 6%
Up Throw-Throws upward, then stabs with the spear. Has good knockback. 5%
Down Throw-Throws to the ground. 8%
Floor-Spins with spear extended. 3%
Edge-Stabs as he gets up. 4%
Specials, Customs, and Final Smash:
Neutral Special-Guard Attack: Waddle Dee jabs the opponent repeatedly and throws many spears. This attack has a bit of startup lag, but can KO. 19%
Custom 1-Fire Guard: Guard attack throws flaming spears, but has no KO power. 17%
Custom 2-Retaliate: Guard attack is a counter. --%
Side Special-Spear Throw: Waddle Dee throws his spear, this can be charged to throw three at once, and throws rapid fire in the air. Slows down Bandana Dee’s falling speed for the duration of the move. Useful in recoveries, as well as spacing. 4% per hit.
Custom 1-Spear Launch: Throws the spears faster and farther, but the attack has ending lag in the air. 2%
Custom 2-Spear Flight: The spears are unaffected by gravity, but you can’t throw three at once. 3%
Up Special-Spear Copter: Waddle Dee spins his spear overhead to fly. This can damage foes. This attack is great for vertical recoveries. 3% per hit
Custom 1-Tornado Copter: Spear Copter cannot be controlled, and goes farther up. No damage.
Custom 2-Shockwave Copter: Spear copter now sends shockwaves outward, but has a shorter duration. 3% per hit
Down Special-Moon Drop: Waddle Dee spins straight down damaging opponents rapidly on the way down. This launches them far when you hit the ground. This can KO at high percents. 1% per hit (Falling) 16% (landing)
Custom 1-Gum Drop: Moon Drop no longer damages rapidly going down. Instead launches enemies far and creates a shockwave when you hit the ground. 18%
Custom 2-Freeze Drop: Moon Drop will freeze opponents, but only hits once. 8%
Final Smash-Megaton Punch: Bandana Dee traps the opponent in stone blocks, then the rest of the attack works exactly like the Megaton Punch minigame. If you do this attack perfectly, than it will result in an instant KO.
Asthetics:
Up Taunt-Dances
Side Taunt-Does a sidestep dance
Down Taunt-Does a shuffle dance
On-Screen Appearance-Lands from a Warp Star
Cheer-Bandana Dee!
Victory Fanfare-Level Clear (Same as Kirby’s)
Winning Pose-Dances
Loosing Pose-Lies on the floor, defeated
Pallet Swaps-three resembling his alternate colors in Canvas Curse, One based of Meta Knight’s colors(the spear is golden), One based off of Kirby’s Spear hat, One based off of Whispy Woods, One wearing Sailor Dee’s hat.
Changes from the last time I posted this:
I changed his name to Bandana Dee.
There are less made up Pallet Swaps.
Final Smash is Megaton Punch, something he actually does in game.
More detail reveals his ability to play keep away, and his awesome recovery options.

They also reveal he takes a lot more knockback than other characters.
I lowered his overall damage output.

Some attacks have been changed so they aren't generic stabs
This means they have more range horizontal/vertical range.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Meh, I'm not going to be nice to people who are not nice to me. I don't believe in the idea that neutrality = more rational/level headed. I'm not playing that.

I've decided to leave these threads. Good Luck with BDee everyone. It was really nice playing with Reserved.

Top Bottom